Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shilo and Ixion

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Shilo and Ixion Empty
PostSubject: Shilo and Ixion   Shilo and Ixion I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2015, 3:51 pm

Hey guys, been inactive for a hot minute. But I wanted to post this update for my characters. Enjoy the read.

Hopefully when school gets out I will be able to return.

Shilo knew what needed to be done now. She’d witnessed his evil. She had to stop him before things got out of hand. Frankly, he’d long since escaped her. And his return to Death City, to the Academy, well, that was something more foreboding to Shilo than a thunderstorm.

Before her: crushed herbs, elixirs shimmering in their vials, ground bone meal, rare and dangerous venom. She measured precisely. Each drop gently losing its identity to the concoction. Having gone through her mother’s books countless times as a child, the recollection of this potion could only be a sign from the nethers of the universe.

If this turns out proper, I’ll take it as a necessity for the good of the academy.  

Her guilt washed over and away like the tide. But much like the tide, she was certain.She was unwavering. Ixion had already killed too many people and when she spoke to him, she knew his current state was unbreakable. The spell their mother had over him and his stern heart could only be moved by Shilo’s hand. They were both of witch’s blood, but Shilo had overcome. Ixion remained submerged in the dark waters their mother had soaked them in for much of their life. He was sinking evermore.

She would know when the potion was perfect. It fizzled. Chemical irritation and reaction. A twisting sliver of smoke rose from the neck of the glass bottle and a scent of many things filled her. Burnt and sweet and sickening. She peeked into the top of the bottle. The liquid a deep cinnamon brown. It bubbled as the quiet hiss of the mixture slowly settled. It was perfect, just as she remembered.

Was it relief? Or was it fear not fully realized? Be it as it may, she looked to the clock and swallowed down her emotions. She could not let them eat her away. She needed to finish this.

For 30 minutes she allowed the sludgy liquid to cool, but only enough to become thick soup. She poured the soup into a larger bowl and dared to prod it cautiously with her fingers. Still a bit warm and a bit numbing to the skin, but safe enough in this state. She allowed it more time to cool.

Finally.

Like moist clay, the concoction was easily molded now. She scooped it all into her hands and rolled it into a quarter-sized ball. Held up to the light, the consistency was smooth and doughy.

I hope this works.

She reached for the small silver dagger, running it quickly over her palm to draw blood. It pooled against her wan skin and she rolled the clay ball thoroughly through it, flinching at the tingling burn it caused. Satisfied and exhausted, she placed it into a silk baggy and wrapped her hand with gauze.

3 a.m. Time for sleep.

The following evening could not arrive quickly enough. Shilo’s nerves worked at her throughout the day and she could feel the dark circles under her eyes. She attended her classes, awkward and quiet. Her friends noticed and asked her if she was well. She had a cold, she promised she was fine with a weak smile.

It was not long before the sun felt just as tired as she, and set peacefully behind the city. It was time. Ixion would be waiting where they’d discussed. And he was never late.

Shilo placed the silk bag in the pocket of the jacket she pulled on. Tugging the hood up, she started out of her room and toward Death City--eyes alight with resolve.

The streets of Death City always transformed from day to night. From safe, to sorry. And Shilo crept through them cautiously. She stayed to the shadows and found her way to the decrepit church that loomed over the district. Aged stained glass whistling where it had shattered away. She stood at its’ steps, gazing up at the massive heavy doors before her. She did not pray but on this evening, she bowed her head and placed her hands together.

“I need a blessing.” she whispered into the lonely evening.

The dusty doors creaked and whined on their hinges. She poked her head in, and was met only with thick darkness. It was damp and when she entered the door slammed shut behind her. Her blood boiled with anxiety, her hands pumping fists and white knuckled.

“Ixion?” she cooed, her vision slowly adjusting. Silence.

“Ixion? A-are you here?” she felt around the pews and then took the small flashlight from her back pocket. Fumbling for a moment, she clicked the button. No light came.

“I’m here.” Hot breath tickled her flesh. She jumped back, the flashlight falling from her grasp and rolling along the wooden floor.

“You were always so unprepared.” he chuckled darkly, dim light rising on all sides of the building. Candles flickered to life and Shilo could see her brother now. His slim figure tense.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right about that brother.”

“Hm. I didn’t think you would show up.” he said. “You’ve always been unreliable.”

“I’d have to agree with you, Ixion. But I’m only unreliable when it comes to you.”

Ixion cackled at this. His hand pressed against his face and then sliding up to push his hair back. He was nervous. Shilo knew him all too well. His facade was practiced.

“Well then, that explains the last seven years of our lives.”

“Maybe. Or maybe you’ve just been too far gone to realize you have a problem.” Shilo growled, the weight of the item in her pocket seeming heavy now.

“Or maybe, Shilo, you just can’t accept that the world isn’t a nice place and you’re fighting for a pointless… so very pointless, cause.” His words made her heart flutter. His voice was so familiar. Her brother. This was her brother and her memories caused an ache in her soul.

I wish I could have saved you sooner.

She could not speak these words. Her eyes rose to meet his and for a moment, she forgot the discomfort, regret, and the silence. For a moment she could see a glimpse of the brother she remembered. Before his hand gripped her throat and sent her to the ground.

Her breath hitched painfully in her chest. Ixion’s weight atop her pelvis was bruising. She grabbed at his hand, oxygen thinning. Quickly she swiped across his face, blood pouring from the skin her nails opened and sending him reeling backward. Shilo coughed and whimpered, feeling her throat and knowing it was turning blue.
Ixion wasted no time. He wiped the blood from his face and shot forward. Like a shadow his speed was remarkable. Shilo grounded herself and braced for his attack.

I know him. I know him. He’s going to go for my ribs.

Adrenaline flooded her very being and as Ixion made his move, she countered him flawlessly. Interrupting his attack, her palm landed firmly on his chest, knocking the air from his lungs. He quivered before her and fought  the urge to drop to his knees.

“You’ve grown, haven’t you sister.” he hissed, his shoulders rising and falling viciously with each inhale.

“I have. You’d do good to give up Ixion.”

He laughed. Shilo dashed toward him now, her vision perfect. Ixion had yet to fully recover from the attack to his heart and only managed to dodge a punch before getting dropped by a roundhouse kick.
His face twisted into disgust and pain. He snatched Shilo’s leg and dragged her to the ground with him where the two tussled violently.  Blood and bruises and cries of pain--the siblings aimed to kill.

“I’ll end you Shilo. I swear I will.”

“Not. If. I…” She pushed her brother off of her and got to her feet just long enough to lunge at him. Her hands caught his jaw and she pressed her claws into the delicate skin of his cheeks. She could feel it giving way under her nails. As if her fingers were going to press entirely through his flesh and into his mouth. He howled in agony. Shilo reached into her pocket, taking the ball into her hand. Erratic breaths worked her lungs and she shoved her hand into his mouth, pushing the clay in and down his throat.

Ixion kicked her away. Shilo cried out, her body sliding across the cold floor. Her hair hung wildly, blood dripping from many a wound. She could feel how weak she was now. They were both weak.

“What...What did you do to m-me.” Ixion choked, drool dripping from his lips.  He gagged, scratching at his throat and then curling over on his knees. Sticky black tar bubbled from his lips and slithered down his chin. He dribbled incoherently, his words garbled by the thickness of the mud in his mouth.

“I’m sorry…” Shilo breathed, eyes wide as she watched her creation take hold of her brother. A glistening black puddle had begun to form around him as he vomited sludge from his bowels.

“You bitch.” he wailed with a free breath. He crawled forward, slipping in his own mess, hand reaching for Shilo. She wanted to badly to comfort him. To tell him that it would be okay. To tell him that the mixture was meant only to purge the darkness from his soul. The seed his mother planted. She did not know how horribly infected her brother was with the darkness as she watched him wither before her.

Ixion’s head hung down, his body writhing with each passing heave. Shilo gazed in terror, frozen by the fear of her own creation. What had she done? This was worse than death. This was pure torture. He dropped his hand, wrapping his arm around his stomach. Hugging himself. Shilo closed her eyes to calm herself.

This is all happening for a reason. This is for the best. It’s for the best…

“I… won’t let you win. I won’t die… alone like this.” he struggled with his words. As Shilo’s eyes looked to her brother, she felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. A dark grin took Ixion’s face as she felt the dagger lodged in her stomach. With his last surge of energy, he’d thrown it. Shilo gripped the weapon, tears spilling over her cheeks.

“N-no Ixion. No. You don’t understand.” she whimpered, panic filling her to the brim. She took the handle of the dagger and grasped it so tightly that she could no longer feel her hands.

“I understand every--bleghh--everything!” he fell onto his side now as the vomiting subsided after one last heave. His eyes fogged as he watched his sister cry and yank the dagger from her stomach. Blood spewed like a broken sprinkler head, a warm hiss. She too withered to the ground, pale and draining.

“Ixion. I… I…” she choked, blood catching in her throat and then dripping from her nose and mouth. She could see his illness was passing now. Her purge worked. “I’m so sorry.” Her voice quiet with weakness. “But you’re, you’ll be okay now.” she pressed her hands against her wound, her petite body convulsing.

He felt strange now. Empty. He rubbed at his eyes, trying to focus. What was happening? How did he get here? Something inside of him was changing and as he stared at his sister, his heart sunk with realization. She’d saved him. She’d pulled him from the darkness.

“Shilo.” she did not move. “SHILO!” he wailed, trying to stand, only to fall to his knees. He crawled to her, pulling her frail body against his own. He rolled his sister over, retching from sickness and despair. “Shilo, can you hear me?” her eyes fluttered, just barely opening. He could see the how dim they were.

“Ixion…” her voice crackled with a cough of blood. “I can’t see you.”

“I’m right here. Right here.” he shook her gently. Her eyes could not see even though he was so close. Closer than they had ever been..

“There you are. The brother I remember.” she cooed.

“I… I remember everything Shilo. I remember now. I don’t feel sick anymore Shilo. Shilo?” he whimpered her name desperately. Her hand rose to his cheek, a delicate caress was all she could manage.

“Ixion. I… I love you. I’m sorry I couldn’t save you sooner. I was weak, and scared, and too young.” her voice faded with each passing word and her hand fell to her side.

“It’s okay Shilo, it’s okay. Don’t speak anymore. I’ll… I’ll save you.” Ixion tried scooping the girl up, but he was too weak. His legs would not cooperate and simply gave out. The brother and sister toppled back to the filthy floor and Ixion howled in frustration. Everything was hopeless. It was all hopeless.

Shilo’s body was still and he searched for a pulse, but there was none. He shook her shoulders.

“Shilo. Shilo answer me.” Her skin was cold and as he pulled her into his arms.

Her lips were blue now as he pushed the red tangles of her hair away from her face. He looked closely at his sister. They were so different, and yet they shared the same lips and her jaw curved just like their mother’s. He touched his forehead to hers, their noses brushing together. She was gone. He hugged Shilo’s body to his own before all the warmth left her. And before the sun reached the sky and lit the city, he passed out beside her--his consciousness drifting into a deep and sleepy abyss.
Back to top Go down

Shilo and Ixion
Page 1 of 1