Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flowerful (Thatguy and I)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Flowerful (Thatguy and I) Empty
PostSubject: Flowerful (Thatguy and I)   Flowerful (Thatguy and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2015, 9:20 pm

A stream of sweat ran down Kidd's face, aggravating him a bit. He wiped the bead of sweat off with one hand. It'd been a while since he'd moved here to Death City, but he still wasn't adjusted to the heat that came with it. Man, was he wrong about saying D.C had the hottest summers. Despite the heat, Kidd was still determined to accomplish the task set before him. Finding a gift for his partner, Daisy. Kidd wasn't very good at these things however, and was having a very difficult time trying to find something that he thought would impress her.

The sun was high in the sky, beating down relentlessly on the inhabitants of Death City. Kidd was suffering the most though, as he looked left and right on the streets looking for a store that might sell something that Daisy would like. It was a quite daunting and frustrating task for the young meister who'd been searching for almost three hours now. Drawing his phone out of his pocket, Kidd checked the time. It was 1:00 o'clock. "Oh my lord...." Kidd said, wiping off some sweat on his forehead, "Maybe I'll just get Daisy a flower again.... She really loves those." Kidd said to himself, a bit of doubt in his voice. It was true that Daisy absolutely ADORED flowers, but Kidd had already gotten those for her before. A legend like himself couldn't afford to lose his lightning. "Whatever. She could never stop loving her legend just because I got her some more flowers." Kidd said to himself, walking to the nearest flower shop.

There was a small, cozy shop a few feet from where Kidd had been standing. He'd never seen it before, but he decided it couldn't hurt to try checking it out. Kidd pat the back of a man walking by, tagging him with one of his world famous autographs. The man gave Kidd a perplexed look, but shrugged it off and kept walking, going about his business. Kidd walked in to see several rows of flowers scattered across shelves in the shop. They all seemed to be arranged by colors. "Hmmm...." Kidd cupped his chin, wondering what he could find in this shop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowerful (Thatguy and I)   Flowerful (Thatguy and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2015, 9:53 pm

Melody wandered down the streets of the main shopping district, her "witch's" gown replaced with something better suited for the dry heat of the city. Today's particular outing actually had a purpose, and her purse bounced against her leg as she walked. She hopped that her savings would be enough, but if not, she still had some Icelandic wildflower seeds to trade with. Despite the fact that it was so common she could almost consider it a weed, everyone here seemed enamored by the little purple plant. Melody entered the first store she saw but, much to her disappointment, they were all out of lavender. She needed more to create the essence and crushed petals.

Not discouraged the least, she continued toward the next flower store. This one was a good ways down the road and she could feel the heat as she walked. Finally arriving, if a bit more sweaty than before, she began searching for the plant she needed. As this shop liked to do things by colour, she headed over to the reds and the purples, hopping to spot the plant she needed. So engrossed was she in finding this particular plant, that she walked straight into another person. Stumbling back, she threw out apology after apology at this mohawked teen. "I am sorry! I am very, very sorry!" She gave a small bow as she spoke, looking more at his feet than his face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowerful (Thatguy and I)   Flowerful (Thatguy and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2015, 8:58 pm

Kidd had been looking over the assortment of flowers, confused on which type he should choose. All the flowers had their own little attractive bits and pieces, but Kidd thought this was a job more fit for a girl then a manly man like himself. Caught up in the vast array of colors and displays the flowers had on them, Kidd became oblivious to his surroundings. Kidd's eyes were riding the whole spectrum right now and the more and more he looked, the more and more he found himself getting lost looking for that one special flower he'd take back to his special lady. So oblivious that he didn't notice the girl who'd ran into him until she started apologizing to him.

Kidd had been cupping his chin with one hand, the other hand on his hip and with all his weight leaning more to the left leg than the other. "Hmmm...." Kidd scanned the shelves left and right. Kidd ran a hand through his hair and let out a deep breath of frustration. Stretching his arms high over his head, Kidd began to yawn, but was interrupted by a random orange-haired girls apologizing. "Huh?" Kidd turned around with his hand still on his hip and his chin still cupped. There was nobody there. Kidd scratched the back of his head, confused. There was surely somebody behind him. Kidd looked down to see a girl bowing at his feet while apologizing. "Oh?" Kidd looked at the girl even more confused. He wasn't sure what she was apologizing for, but even a fan deserved a break from worshiping the greatest in the world.

"It's okay, sweetie," Kidd pat the back of the girls back, tagging her with one of his infamous autographs. "I'm allowing you to take a break from bowing to your highness." He said, turning back around to look at the flowers. This time, Kidd wasn't hypnotized by the various colors and displays. This time he grew impatient, intolerant, and bored. "It's hard, y'know?" Kidd spoke to the girl behind him, without directly looking at her. "It's hard trying to find something nice for someone you deeply care for. Know what I'm sayin'?" Kidd let a tiny bit of his feelings out to this stranger. He wasn't sure why he was speaking to a complete stranger about his feelings, but it did release a bit of steam from Kidd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowerful (Thatguy and I)   Flowerful (Thatguy and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2015, 11:07 pm

Melody felt confused for a moment, as he seemed to think out loud about finding a gift for somebody. Her confusion passed as she realized, he was. Despite the fact that she used this store as a means to restock certain herbs and create essences, most used it because flowers looked pretty. She stood upright from her bow, completely oblivious to the autograph on her backside, and tilted her head in thought, eyes unfocused on him. "Uhm...... You want flower for a gift, yes?" She thought about the different types of flowers and their romantic values, but the only one that kept popping into her head was a rose. "Uhm..... a rose, perhaps?" Her eyes grew wide with a thought that made her bounce slightly on the balls of her feet. "OH OH, a hvítur rose! uhm.. White!" She calmed slightly, and looked at the boy expectantly with a grin on her face. "How is a white rose?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowerful (Thatguy and I)   Flowerful (Thatguy and I) I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2015, 8:53 pm

Kidd turned to the girl. "Hmm.... A white rose?" Kidd stroked his chin for a while as he thought. Maybe a white rose would be nice, but it seemed a little basic. Perhaps a bit too basic for Kidd's tastes. "I like the idea, but I want something a bit more flashy!" Kidd waved his hands in the air in front of the girl's face, no regard for her personal space or how she'd feel about it. "Something that really catches the eye! White roses are real pretty, I won't lie," Kidd began, "But I'm sure she has a bunch of those already." Kidd explained to Melody gently, as though she'd be offended by what he was saying. "Is there any other really pretty flowers?" Kidd asked the girl, hope in his eyes. He wasn't very good at this flower business, being the manly masculine man he was, but he wanted to seem like it for Daisy. Kidd turned his back to the girl again, scanning all the flowers once more. "Oh, and I'm Kidd, but I'm sure you already knew that. What's your name?" Kidd asked the girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowerful (Thatguy and I)   Flowerful (Thatguy and I) I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2015, 7:34 pm

Melody's face fell at the rejection of her idea. She had thought it to be a very unique idea, compared to a red rose, but apparently they were common. Not wanting to stay down, she perked up and introduced herself. "Oh, I am Melody. Melody Lykkeblom." She gave a small curtsy as she introduced herself, holding the 'skirt' to the side of her shorts. "Flashy... hmmm." She tried to think of other flowers, something special, out there, uncommon. Most of the flowers in the shop were the standard romance flowers, but off to the side she saw something that sparked. "Oh! Snapdragon. A bouquet of snapdragons!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowerful (Thatguy and I)   Flowerful (Thatguy and I) I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2015, 7:50 pm

Kidd turned to the girl named Melody once more. "Snapdragons?" Kidd asked her, a look of curiosity filling his green eyes. The name alone caught his interest. He'd never heard of such a flower, it sounded more like a mythical beast that he'd tame and ride out into the sunset. Kidd turned to the flowers once more, looking at all the labels, attempting to find the "Snapdragons". But to no avail, he ended up back at square one, lost in the wave of various colors. Snapping himself out of it, Kidd asked Melody, "Hey, Melody. Could you help me find the Snapdragons?" Kidd asked, desperation starting to leak through his voice. This store was so boring, Kidd didn't know why girls like flowers so much, they were just plants. "Please?" Kidd looked Melody in the eyes, almost pleading.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowerful (Thatguy and I)   Flowerful (Thatguy and I) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2015, 5:12 pm

Melody wandered over closer to the garden plant section and looked around briefly before spotting the 'jaws' of the snapdragon. They were organized under Antirrhinum, the scientific name for the grouping, and easily overlooked. There was an assortment of colours available; white, orange, purple and yellow; and Melody began grabbing what she thought would look well together. Turning to face the boy she was helping, Melody offered up the bouquet for his opinion "Here. These are snapdragons. They bite if you squeeze the flower." She demonstrated, after shifting all the flowers to a single hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowerful (Thatguy and I)   Flowerful (Thatguy and I) I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2015, 4:39 pm

Kidd followed Melody over to the garden section, hopeful that they'd find what they were looking for. Watching closely as she searched for the flowers she'd recommended to him, he crossed his fingers. It'd been a while since he'd seen his partner and he hoped to make a good impression on her the next time they met, whom he planned on visiting soon. Kidd started to look over Melody's shoulder, a few inches away from making contact with her. "So, uhh.... How's it go-" Kidd was going to ask her if she was able to find the flowers she'd been talking about, but quickly took a few steps back. The snapdragons certainly didn't look like they'd be something Kidd would tame, or save a village from, but they were unique. Kidd reached his hand out, ready to take the flowers from Melody but took his hand back. "Wait, what?" Kidd said, sounding confused. "They bite?" He asked, concern evident in his voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowerful (Thatguy and I)   Flowerful (Thatguy and I) I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2015, 6:10 pm

"No silly. The flower closes if you squeeze. It looks like bites." She shifted her grip again, to show him what exactly she was doing with her fingers. "See? squeeze and bite." She laughed as she played with the flowers, losing track of what she had intended them for. Melody had forgotten how much fun the small flower could produce, as you caused it to 'bite' all around. Giggling some more, Melody remembered just why she had the flowers as she remade eye contact with Kidd. "uhm.... Will she like them? Your girlfriend." She gently shoved the bouquet into his hands, trying to make it look as natural and friendly as possible, and not at all romantic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowerful (Thatguy and I)   Flowerful (Thatguy and I) I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2015, 3:41 pm

Kidd raised an eyebrow at the girl who'd gotten lost in playing with the flowers. At least the 'bite' wasn't what Kidd thought he'd be concerned with. In fact, Kidd felt quite stupid for believing that the flowers could do something as harmful as actually bite him.

After a moment or so, Melody stopped playing with the flowers, which Kidd thanked Lord Death for, because it was starting to get somewhat awkward watching her play with them. "Oh, umm, yeah.... I'm sure she'd love any gift that came from a Legend like me." Kidd said, boasting about just being himself. "In fact, I probably could've just given her an autograph and called it a day...." Kidd told Melody. "That reminds me...." Kidd hugged Melody. It may have seemed as though he was hugging her as a way of thanking her, but really, he forgot to put an extra 'D' at the end of 'Kidd' on the autograph he'd tagged her with. "Thanks very, very much." Kidd told her, gently scribbling on the note on her back. Kidd didn't think about how Melody would react to some stranger just randomly hugging her, and was unprepared for how she'd react to his hug.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flowerful (Thatguy and I)   Flowerful (Thatguy and I) I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2015, 11:53 pm

"Autograph?" Melody repeated the word, the syllables separated as she searched her brain for a meaning. She thought it was something you got from a celebrity, but it honestly didn't sound like gift material. And the way he spoke made it seem as if he  was one, though she had never heard of someone named Kidd. Lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice when the teen boy had started to hug her, but the gratitude of his voice kept the blush from her face. Instead, she returned the hug, her smile becoming sheepish at the praise. "Th..thank you. I am glad to help."

sorry this took so long. work really started to pick up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flowerful (Thatguy and I)   Flowerful (Thatguy and I) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flowerful (Thatguy and I)
Page 1 of 1