Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) Empty
PostSubject: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2014, 11:25 pm

Melody headed over to the table she had claimed, a small stack of books in her arms, her hair slightly disheveled. She had a grin on her face as she added the stack to the ever growing pile on the table she had claimed. A library, I'm in an actual library! Her home was so small, there was no purpose for having a large collection of books. The largest was the records from the parish but, interesting as the past can be, it gets boring after reading about all the deaths from a few hundred years ago. There barely was anything else, even texts on the gods. It was because of that that she barely knew anything about Eir. Still she finally had the chance, and it was not going to waste. Melody grabbed three books off of her personal pile about Herbology, deciding to leave the anatomy for later. She opened all three and started to read and cross check the various books. She was quite glad about this find, She needed the knowledge on some of the more local plants. Some of the plants they had here she had only read about in the few books she could get her hands on. Others were completely new, and she had no idea if they were toxic beneficial or just decorative. Her enjoyment mounting, she continued to dig into her books oblivious to the world.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2014, 11:11 am

Contrary to what others may think, Candy liked candy. Wait, that's not right... Books! She liked a good book, as long as it was some kind of fantasy and not something boring. So then, when she felt like reading, she hit the place she could OBVIOUSLY find some books: The library. Duh. The girl walked past shelves and shelves of books, only periodically turning to actually look at the kind of stuff she could actually find on them. She only stopped when she finally found the shelves containing the material of her desired genre. She picked three books which looked roughly the same, before reading the titles. One had a compass looking thing on it, one had a knife and the last a telescope thing.* So then, with books in hand, she skipped off to find a table, suddenly humming a random tune out of nowhere. She definitely seemed cheerier then just a second ago. The table she chose in particular was one occupied by a single person, a person with quite a stack of reading material around herself. She seemed to be reading three books at once...

*OOC: If you can tell me what series I'm on about here, you get sooooooo many cookies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2014, 1:10 pm

Ooc: it sounds familiar. I may have read it before. Golden compass?

Ic: melody continued to read and check making mental notes of uses and plants to get once she got her weekly allowance. She sat up slightly before pulling a pen and pad from her small pack. Not wanting to forget everything, she took the pen in her left hand and started to write, her tongue poking out between her lips. Her list was growing and growing, and she had to wonder just exactly where she was going to find all these. She had yet to find another herbologist or apothecary that was willing to sell their wares. Letting out a small sigh, she saw a flash of colours right in front of her. Bring her head up she ssw that another girl had chosen to sit at her own table, some books of her own in her hands. They appeared to be fantasy and, unfortunately, in english. Everyone was speaking that here, and it made her homesick, if only a little. She understood it enough to get by, but she would rather talk in Icelandic. Putting on a grin, she went to introduce herself. "Hello there, I'm Melody. Can I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2014, 1:47 pm

OOC: That's what the movie adaptation of the first book is called. ( :: ) <-- Cookie for you. (I think that the American version of the book may have been called that too, but here in England it's Northern Lights.)

"I'm Candy. I don't think you can help me, though. I just sat here because I felt like it." She said, as she opened one of the books, finally learning that the series was called 'His Dark Materials'. She also learned that the one she picked up was the first one, and that the other two books were the other two books in the series. What a good guess. "Nice to meet you, Melody." The rather distracted girl said, perhaps half a minute after having introduced herself. Candy stuck her hand out to shake, while letting her heterochromatic eyes rise away from the first page of the book and back to the girl on the other side of the table. Candy liked the girls hair. It was orange. Like oranges.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2014, 6:40 pm

ooc: yeah, america likes to change names of books. Like philosophers stone to sorcerers stone.
:nomnomnom:

ic: Melody let out a small giggle and extended her hand to take Candy's offered one. "You're funny. Like Santa Clauses." Melody reached back down and picked up one of the books, thankful she had found a herbology book in Icelandic. English was still not her best language, even though she has been speaking it for eight years. As she went back to reading her book, she realized that the context wasn't exactly the same and went to amend herself. "Or not quite, they're more mischief makers that funny. Still, I like you." Looking through her book, her eyes lit up as she found something that could be very useful, arsenic extractions. She flipped to a new page and started to copy it down in her short hand, which, besides being abbreviations and symbols of her choosing, was also Icelandic in nature.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2014, 8:02 pm

"But there is only one Santa Claus and he sees you when you're sleeping and also while you're awake!" Candy exclaimed excitedly, expressing her confusion towards what the individual opposite her has said, and then realised that she made Father Christmas seem like an old creepy man. "That's not right..." She says, suddenly taking a strangely solemn tone of voice. "He breaks into people's houses through their chimneys and leaves then surprises." She corrected, now stern and sure as anything, throwing a triumphant fist into the air. She did it again! "He leaves them presents underneath their trees!" Oh. She should just stop trying right about now. So with a groan of defeat, she finally looks back at her book.

OOC: Silly American's and their ruining of the titles of literature. Have you read the Subtle Knife and the Amber Spyglass?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2014, 12:17 am

ooc: if i did, it was so long ago and i do not remember it.

ic: Melody had a slight look of confusion on her face. Break ins?! Knowing when you sleep?! why does she seem so excited about this? Santa Claus is..... "No, no, no. Not that Santa. The ones that come into your houses and steal food and cause mischief. there's thirteen of them." she continued to copy over the process for arsenic, and was quite happy to find a different source of cyanide. She already knew how to make that, but more ways was always best. Maybe she could see if it worked on Droon. She still didn't like that brundþró. On another note, hopefully she would also find new medicinal uses as well. She didn't just want to poison people.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2014, 8:26 am

OOC: Awww... They are great books. You should pick them up somewhere if you ever have any time to read anything. On a side note, this is the most literate roleplay ever.

After once again regaining her composure, Candy looked up from her story and took a deep breath. Speaking now, she seemed more normal than the last few times. "He's Father Christmas, and he doesn't really break in as much as sneak in and leave toys and things underneath the Christmas tree for the children. He's all made up, of course." This may have been one of the rare times that Candy actually got a grip of herself to say something, instead of blurting whatever came to her head like usual. Didn't last long, though. "He sounds so entirely AWESOME though! Free stuff once a year, does too!" She almost shouted, way too loudly for the setting they were in. A chorus of Shhhhhhh-es came their way as candy placed her nose back in her book and continued reading, blissfully unaware that she just annoyed almost everyone in the facilities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2014, 10:27 am

ooc: Yeah it is. I have no idea how i keep writing such long posts.

ic: Melody went to cover her mouth in a futile attempt to stifle a giggle. After using the utmost restrain, at least in her mind, the laugh finally escaped her mouth. It wasn't loud enough to get the full blown chorus that Candy received, but she still drew some looks from the closer tables. she went for almost a full minute before calming down enough to talk. "I know who he is." Another giggle interrupted her sentence, but she still continued to speak. " Its,, Its just that,, I forgot that he has the same name in English as the Jólasveinn." Finally having her laughter die off, Melody decided that her notes on herbs were long enough and swapped the books out for the two anatomy books she had found, again glad that this library was large enough to have multiple languages. She could speak English just fine, but this would still be jargon to her.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2014, 10:41 am

OOC: It's because it's pancakes.

Candy wasn't exactly paying attention then to what Melody said, but just nodded in feigned acknowledgement. The girl was way too engrossed within her book to look away from it's pages for even a moment. She was just getting onto the second chapter, very much looking forward to finding out more about the adventures and also the misadventures of the main characters. Only when she realised that she was being quite rude, she looked up from the book and closed it. Just for now. "What are you reading, then? The letters looks funny. They have squiggles on them." Candy asked, and made her comments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2014, 1:18 pm

ooc: I prefer waffles.

Melody looked up from her studies, a slight absent look on her face as she went to bring her mind back to the person across form her. "Hmmm? wha?" She only half heard what was asked, and instead followed Candy's line of sight back to her anatomy book. Melody's face filled with colour, as she saw the page she happened to stop on had multiple views of male anatomy. "No! No! No! Its not what it looks like! Its research! I swear!" Her words were muffled as she had begun to cover her mouth and shake her head in denial.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2014, 7:14 am

"If you were wanting to look at mens privets you wouldn't be looking at them in cross section." Candy said, suddenly speaking with an English accent, reaching forward and turning the page over to the next. "Is this an anatomy book?" The girl asked. She sounded curious, but nothing else at all. It was a normal moment for the usually-hyper girl and it was probably not going to last long; it would also probably end in some kind of horrifyingly loud outburst of something completely random she has been mulling over in her head for a while. A kind of 'eureka moment,' but about something completely mundane and random.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2014, 12:44 pm

Melody nodded her head in agreement, the colour of her face returning to normal with Candy's understanding. "Yes. Yes it is." Despite her embarrassment passing quickly without much trouble, her Icelandic accent was still prevalent in her words. "I am trying to learn more about the body to help with my healing. My mother taught me some things, but she was never acctually trained." Melody sat up straighter, her speed increasing with the obvious curiosity of the other girl. "Its why I just love Steins classes. He clearly knows what he is doing."
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2014, 2:50 pm

"Stein scares me! I'm scared of him!" Candy burst out, grabbing her head and combing down through her long, colourful hair with her hands. "I'm a naturally colourful person, with two eye colours and I'm scared he'll cut me open or something!" She finally finished and breathed in deeply when her lungs were empty for too long. There was true fear in her voice.

OOC: Shorter post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2014, 4:21 pm

"he wouldn't do that to a student. He's still a teacher, right?" Melody's voice started out full of confidence, but as she continued to speak, she gave it more thought. Stein was always dissecting creatures for class, often with an obsessive hint to his voice. And she had heard rumors of him threatening to dissect students as punishment before, but he has never carried through with them right? all these thoughts caused her voice to fade to almost nothing with her last words. "He.... wouldn't....."

ooc: its fine. still enough to rp off of.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2014, 3:49 pm

"He SOOOOOO would." Candy said, in a more level tone. She shifted in her chair uneasily, scooping in all of her hair from behind herself and moving it all to one side of her head, over her shoulder. Only the hair at the front of her head was left alone. "Let's stop talking about that screw head... He is no fun to think about."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2014, 5:57 pm

Melody sat there in uneasiness, because, in all honesty, she liked Stein despite his craziness. And thinking that his craziness would reach that far, well it really shook her. "Well, o.. ok. Uhm, What are you?" Melody said as she looked at the colourful girl with a slight tilt to her head. "I mean, Weapon. Or Meister? I'm a Meister"
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2014, 2:18 am

"Hmmm..." Candy thought about the question because she had honestly forgotten the answer in the last 10 or so minutes. She knew she should know this, so she put EXTRA EMPHASIS to her thinking by placing the tips of her forefingers on her temples, closing her eyes and making a 'hnghhhhhhhh' sounding noise. This continued for about a minute, with short breaths in between, until she finally remembered which of the two she was. Candy pointed at Melody all matter-of-factly, knowing now that she was indeed a "Weapon!" She exclaimed. "I am a weapon!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2014, 2:37 am

Melody almost lost it at these comments. She already thought that the strange, colourful girl was funny, but with forgetting if she was a weapon? Melody could almost not stop laughing. She tried to speak, but only managed a few broken words from Icelandic. After calming herself down she apologized to Candy. "I am sorry. I just found it really funny that you forgot what you are." Melody closed her books that she was looking at, realizing she probably was not going to get much more work done. "So, do you have a partner?"
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2014, 1:36 pm

Candy shook her head vigorously, before saying a quick. "No." Candy opened her book back up and started reading again.

(OOC: Very short post. Sorreh.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2014, 1:45 pm

Melody leaned over the table to get closer toward the girl, interested in what she was reading. Melody spent a few minutes trying to read the book upside down before giving up, her skills at English no where good enough to decipher the words when not righted, and simply tried to speak to the girl again. "Really? You do not have a partner? I thought everyone who has been here had one already."
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2014, 3:21 pm

"Not everyone has partners. A lot of people don't, to be honest." Candy replied, in a perfectly normal, inside voice. "There are people who can't find anyone who matches their soul wavelength and then there are people who hadn't found the right weapon type for them."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2014, 4:27 pm

"Really?" Melody seemed genuinely curious at this. She does hear things from time to time, and the topics occasionally come up in class, but everyone assumes that just because she is at the academy, means that she knows all these things. "What do you mean by match soul wavelength exactly? I have never tried something like that."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2015, 1:49 pm

(still on? or close it)
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2015, 2:58 pm

(We can continue at some point if you want.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)   Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Herbs and Candy (arc, Thatguy)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next