Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) Empty
PostSubject: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 11:17 pm

In light of the new things, and odd "occurrences" as they might be labeled that had recently been corrupting his life, Martyn had settled down in his apartment. Despite the size of it, Martyn lived simplistically. The only things that gave the room any life was the red carpet. The lack of furniture and the white walls certainly made for a serene, minimalist lifestyle and look. On a counter in the kitchen, he carefully brewed a tea with a pomegranate, something he practiced in his spare time. It helped to calm his nerve, he sat in the middle of this room, and simply meditated, on his thoughts and ideas, and mostly his resented past. He lit twelve candles that sat in a circle around him, and he took off his shirt and jacket so he could relax somewhat.

"Still practicing Sensei's teachings I see. Old habits die hard huh?"

"..."

"You know, you thought coming to this school would have given you an opportunity to find what was left from your father. You know, his swords. You've found one, the same one you had since your training, and there could hundreds out there."

"..."

"Silent treatment huh? You know ignoring me will only halt our progress. I would love to leave your sorry ass behind, but due to circumstantial reasons, I can't leave until you make a friend or some shit. Your the biggest loner I know."

"Kill yourself."
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 11:19 pm

There was a light knock at his door, then several seconds passed, and a much louder, much more insistent knock that rattled the door in its frame.
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 11:21 pm

Martyn grumbled, and did his best to ignore it. He wasn't accepting visitors, and he hoped his passive aggression conveyed this message without sound.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 11:24 pm

There was a brief moment of silence before a loud report echoed from outside. His door blew backwards on its hinges, slamming against a wall. Boots clacked against wood floors as Rose rounded from the entrance hall to face him, smirking some. "Hey kid."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 11:30 pm

Martyn looked up at her slowly, and muttered something under his breath. The flames on the candle wicks flicked as his heavy breath almost put them out. "How in the world did you find me?" He rubbed his forehead, mentally disturbed by her presence. "I guess that doesn't matter now.... Something you need?"
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 11:33 pm

Rose eased herself onto the ground, offering a smile. "First thing you should know, Martyn. If I want to find somebody, I'll find them." She leaned forward, offering a less cocky, more sympathetic smile. "How've things been? House guest still giving you trouble?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 11:39 pm

"It's the only thing he's really good for." He stood up, and dusted himself off, she didn't seem like she was going to be leaving anytime soon. He carefully extinguished all of the candles, and gave his gratitude. "You've already gone through the trouble of opening the door, please come in." "Tea?" he called to her as he walked to his kitchen.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 11:43 pm

Rose gave a small nod, craning her neck to watch him. "Yes, please, if it isn't too much trouble."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 11:50 pm

He set aside his old glass, and grabbed another for her specifically, and carried it to her. He couldn't help but think of the other day, forced into combat against this woman. His feelings for her were mixed and confused, but behind this kind countenance, he was rather perturbed. Nobody has done, or should intrude on him in such a way, but he was obligated to be polite in his home. "Here you are," He gave a sincere smile.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 11:58 pm

She took the cup with a nod, smiling in response. "Domo." She took a sip of her tea, letting out a sigh through her nose. "You're able to talk to me, Martyn. Your demon cannot do anything to me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2014, 12:04 am

"I'd greatly appreciate it if you didn't talk about him like he were an actual person."

"I'm still here, asshole."

"I'm not worried about him too much. What made you take such interest in me? granted not every student has an otherworldly entity living inside of them, but regardless." He slowly distanced himself from her, closed off once again, he didn't want a repeat of last time, at the least, not here.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2014, 12:06 am

Rose smiled a bit more sweetly, almost like a mother. "I am not an official teacher at the Academy. I am a Two-Star Meister in the service of the Academy, and I have, as you saw, claimed a small part of the forest as my own. Sometimes, teachers or students direct students like you to me. Others, like a young weapon named Claire, find me by chance or on their own. Regardless, those who come seeking my help are few and far between, and it is my duty to help impart what I know to others, teacher or no."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2014, 8:30 pm

Motherly love was a foreign concept to him, and he didn't take to kindly to someone want to replace the mother he never met. Turning from her he went to tend to other matters, heading towards the closet door and opening it with care to look upon it's contents.

"I suppose, but I don't consider myself an actual student here at the school. I know everything I care for, and for that matter I don't attend many of my classes. It's more of a middle ground for me, I've done my training, and it's a midway point between my searches, where I' moderately safe when resting. As soon as I have what I'm looking for... well, if I'm still alive when I have it, I have no idea what I'll do."

"Y'know kids like you, over-ambitious that is, die at an exponential rate in this world. As much as I would love for you to add to the numbers it would be awfully anti-climatic."

"As welcoming a thought death is... I want to find at least one thing I... love, before I die."
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2014, 8:34 pm

Rose let out a soft chuckle, nodding. "That is a worthy goal, Martyn, but try to avoid that dying part." One of her petals appeared before her, flitting over in front of Martyn, spinning and doing figure eights. She took a sip of her tea before setting the cup down. "Dying is generally bad, as far as I've seen."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2014, 11:44 pm

"I'd assume so, but don't worry. I'm not going to generally go looking for it, that would be foolish." He caught the petal in his hand, and admired it before blowing it back in her direction. He returned from the closet with his sword, after he carefully removed it from it's respective stand. "Steel, one of many/ What greater amount is there?/ Lives taken, or saved?" He sat cross legged on the ground, and checked the blade, "Akemi. What a brilliant reflection." He took a small sharpening stone from his pocket and began to slide it along it's razor edge. "So how will we begin this lesson?" He asked, keeping his concentration in form.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2014, 7:53 pm

Her petal drifted back to her before stopping, moving to where he sat and floating around his head, bobbing up and down as though floating in a river. "Today's lesson? How to put aside the sword for a few minutes and enjoy yourself."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2014, 8:16 pm

Ooc\\ If you could compare the possessions of an average person, to Martyn, his sword is almost equivalent to a teddy bear :P

Ic\\
He frowned for a moment, and resheathed the blade and gave Rose an inquisitive look. "What do you suggest we do then, as you might have guessed," he said gesturing to the lack of items in his home. "My days don't consist of much else."

"He really gets around, and has fully mastered the arts of loneliness and being worthless."
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2014, 11:12 pm

[color=violet]"Then perhaps we should get out of the house. It would undoubtedly do you good to learn how to enjoy yourself some." She stood, snapping her fingers and causing the petal to pop with a sound almost like a bubble.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2014, 7:14 pm

"Sure, I guess." He took care in returning his possession to it's proper place, and went to to stand before his house guest. He wasn't really sure what to call her, teacher, mentor, friend, etc. "You lead the way, I not good with this kind of stuff." He looked up at her, and his eyes seemed innocent and patient, when in reality it was none of these, and he wouldn't be surprised if she couldn't tell.

"I suppose you can just continue to ignore me then... Great, that's how I know you care."
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2014, 8:53 pm

She gave a small, knowing smile, and took a moment to ruffle his hair before spinning on the heel of her boot, heading towards where the front door had once stood. She stepped carefully through the frame, gesturing for him to follow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2014, 9:08 pm

He left his hair in disarray, he never actually styled it regardless, but the hair ruffling was somewhat foreign to him. He blew a few strands of hair out of his face, and as he left, took note of the future repair job. He was awfully curious as to where she was going to lead him, but he chose to keep his mouth shut while being led.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2014, 9:50 pm

She led him outside of the building, and down the street for several blocks before finally stopping outside a shop, turning around and smirking at him. "Welcome to Death Robbins. Number one spot in the city for ice cream."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)   Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homeschooling? Perhaps Torture is a Better Word (Private| Linx, Oblivion)
Page 1 of 1