Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) Empty
PostSubject: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2015, 11:59 pm

Belated stepped foot on the DWMA Training Grounds. The combat teachers had arranged for a spar between her and another student she didn't know. It was for an assignment that helped show where a student would need to improve on in terms of combat and what their strengths were.

Belated sighed and sat under the shade of a tree. She took an apple out from her backpack and silently began nibbling on it. She wondered where this other student was and how the sparring would go. Hopefully he wasn't too skilled or a better combatant than her. Doubt in her abilities was the last way she needed to feel, especially since she'd built up the confidence and tolerance to accept this assignment, an assignment where she'd need to meet someone she was completely oblivious to knowing existed.
Back to top Go down
Chase2000
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Chase2000

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2015, 12:17 am

Chase was very slow getting to his meeting place to spar with a randomly picked spar partner. "I got to relax and do whatever I wanted all through-out the winter break, and I have to come back to see some muscle bound genetically modified guy before I have to kick his ass." Chase told himself. "Well, at least its not worse than seeing... wow, I cant believe it, I'm actually drawing a blank right now. My quick mouth has finally been defeated, by my brain. Wow, I came so far." Chase also told himself, continuing to talk to
himself.

By the time Chase got near the training grounds he was almost kind of depressed, to, y'know, see a muscle bound- yada yada yada. Until he saw a girl, a rather attractive girl if he did say so herself. "Oh my god, its like I'm seeing an angel." Chase then noticed he said that a little bit more loudly than he meant to. "Hey, are you the one i'm supposed to be sparing against?" Chase asked her, coughing right after the "Hey".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2015, 12:33 am

Belated stopped munching on her apple to look around. Who was seeing an angel? Perplexed by what she'd heard, she turned her head left and right, attempting to find who or what else was in her presence. "Oh?" She looked up at a boy who'd just made his way to her. Even though she wasn't normally into judging people until after she got to meet them, now seemed like an appropriate time to do so, seeing as they both would try to kick each other's asses. While the boy wasn't exactly what she was expecting, this didn't mean she could underestimate his abilities. She had no idea what this boy was capable of.

"Yes, I'm Belated...." She said quietly, clearing her throat. "You must be Chase?" She asked, getting up to her feet to see eye to eye with her adversary. She stuck her hand out and smiled, hoping she could make a friend out of this. "Are you alright?" She asked the boy, a bit of concern in her voice. "I have some water here you could drink if your throat hurts...." She said, bending over to reach into her backpack for a water bottle.
Back to top Go down
Chase2000
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Chase2000

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2015, 12:45 am

Chase shook Belated's hand quickly and also nodded his head for the question did he want some water. When Belated turned around, Chase also turned around and slapped himself on the face a few times, trying to make the red on his face look like it was him warming up. "Not now Chase, you grew up in a fight every single day, you lost your touch is what is happining. No time to make googly eyes at your enemy! You gotta face her, like a man! Yeah, just do that.... or, maybe I should take it kind of ea- NO! Of course she wouldn't like that. She most likely wants to face you with all you got! Yeah, thats what you will do, fight her head on! I should really stop talking to myself in my head. I'm really starting to feel like im getting spider-man syndrome." Chase thought to himself. After a couple more slaps on the face, and pretending he was breathing hard, he decided his face now looks like he was warming up, He then turned back around to Belated, waiting for her to find the water.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2015, 12:58 am

Belated rummaged around a bit in her backpack, retrieving a hairband and a bottle of water. She pulled her hair back tightly into a ponytail. Belated didn't want to lose this fight because of a simple mistake such as her hair. "Here you...." Belated turned around and took one look at Chase's face.

"Are you alright?" Belated asked, concern now evident in her eyes. She softly placed her hand on his forehead, feeling for a temperature. "You don't feel too hot.... Why is your face so red?" She asked, holding her hand there for a moment. She realized that she'd placed herself in an awkward position however, and pulled her arm back quickly, hoping the boy wouldn't be angry at her. "I'm sorry.... I didn't mean to...." Belated lowered her head, mumbling softly. Her hands dropped down to her sides. Why did she always seem to make a fool of herself in front of people she'd just met?
Back to top Go down
Chase2000
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Chase2000

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2015, 1:21 am

Chase was about to say something when Belated asked if he was alright and then out her hand on his head. Chase felt his face get hotter, and was really hoping it wasn't showing. Once she pulled her arm away, Chase tried to hurry up and cool himself down. Chase then saw how sad she then looked. Chase then smiled and said "Hey, what about we just get to that spar?" Chase asked her, kind of bending down to look her in the face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2015, 9:11 pm

Belated locked eyes with Chase in that moment. Belated held the gaze with her adversary for a moment, mesmerized for whatever reason. After a moment or so, she pulled away, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her left ear. "Umm, are you sure?" She asked, still looking away with downcast eyes. "You don't look well enough to carry on with this...." She said, worried for the boy's health and well being.
Back to top Go down
Chase2000
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Chase2000

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2015, 10:01 pm

Chase turned around and put one finger up, telling her to hold on. "God-dammit, Why is she so damn cute? No. Chase, you gotta stand your ground and push her into sparring. Yeah, okay, lets try this one more time." Chase mumbled to himself. He then turned around and immediatly got red once again. He then started to cought a lot. ""You know, it is, umm, kind of hot. Yeah, thats it, my face is red because of how hot it is. Maybe we should wait till it cools down some." Chase suggested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2015, 10:58 pm

Belated turned around, hearing Chase speak in a low voice. "What was that?" She asked, before he spoke up, explaining why his face was so red. "Oh?" She said looking at him. Putting one hand on her own cheek, she felt perplexed. The heat didn't seem to be affecting her, so why would it bother him so much? This boy seemed a bit strange to Belated, but he was a nice guy. She could respect that. Maybe they would be friends even after one of them would get humiliated at the hands of the other.

"Well, maybe I have something else in here that can help easen your burden." She said, slipping into her British accident. She blushed a little and hoped he hadn't heard it. After a minute of awkward silence passed, Belated reached for her backpack once again, hoping to find something that could help Chase feel better. Belated handed Chase the water bottle without looking while she looked around in her backpack. "Here you go." Belated turned around smiling, with an ice pack in hand. "This should help you beat the heat."
Back to top Go down
Chase2000
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Chase2000

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2015, 11:27 pm

Chase took the water and drank some, before he heard her british accent. "Was that a british accenty I just heard? You're british? That makes you so much-" Chast was starting to say, but immediatly bit his tounge and drank more water. Chase stopped drinking for a moment when he saw the ice pack. "Is that for me?" Chase asked, pointing at the ice pack. "Well duh, she's not the hot one around here, ah, Chase, shut up." Chase thought to himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2015, 12:00 am

Belated held the ice pack out to Chase, feeling content with herself. She froze up in embarrassment, realizing that he'd heard her accent come out. She hung her head in shame again. Maybe the spar would get her mind off of her insecurities. Thinking about this not made Belated want to fight even more. Keeping the feelings reserved, she checked on Chase.

"Here, use this ice pack to cool down a little." She flashed him a warm smile, making her rosy cheeks glow. Belated wiped off a trail of sweat that was trickling down her forehead. It did seem to be getting a bit hotter. "My accent makes me so much what?" Belated asked Chase, locking eyes with him once again.
Back to top Go down
Chase2000
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Chase2000

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2015, 12:14 am

Chase put the cap back on the water and took the ice pack and put it on his forehead. Surprisingly, he was actually cooling off a ton. "Well, I guess I was actually pretty hot." Chase thought to himself. Chase then started to breath in and out. " Okay, lets agree to dissagree right now, me. This will be the last hand-out you will accept. You are too baus for this. You, just gotta become the greatest weapon ever. and, you gotta think of it as she is in your way of becoming the very best." Chase said. Chase then took off the ice-pack off his head since it was getting a little to cold. Then Belated asked what Chase meant when he said "That makes you so much" and Chase tried to think of a quick excuse. "That makes you..... so... much... more..... awesome? Yeah, that's a word. Awesome." Chase answerd he, then giving himself a mental self-five.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2015, 8:32 pm

Belated began to blush a little as she received the unexpected compliment from her opponent. Still smiling, she checked up on him to see if he was feeling any better.

"Are you alright now?" Belated asked Chase. She began to reach into her backpack once again. Going to battle unprepared was a rookie mistake, and she sure wasn't going to let this boy catch her slipping. Her mom and dad had always taught her that taking initiative was very important, and hopefully it's pay off today. Belated pulled out some hand wraps. She put them on and shut her eyes. "Tell me when you're ready...." She said softly to Chase, sitting down crisscross a few feet away from Chase. Meditating a little bit before a battle always helped her and improved her performance. Taking a few deep breaths, Belated had one thing on her mind. Winning.
Back to top Go down
Chase2000
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Chase2000

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2015, 9:19 pm

Chase took off his jacket and tied it around his waist. He then stretched and then took off his necklace and threw it by a boulder. He then smirked, and motioned for Belated to throw the first punch. "I'm totally ready, being it on, Belated."
(Sorry, short)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2015, 7:45 pm

Belated took her last deep breath and slowly rose to her feet. She turned around and bent over to pull a first aid kit out of her backpack. "This is just in case one of us gets hurt." Belated told Chase as she pulled the first aid kit out and laid it on the ground, next to her backpack. Turning to look at Chase, she saw that he was ready for her to make the first move. "What a gentleman." She smiled at him, showing the warmness in her eyes. In the next second, that warmness turned into something cold and dark. Something that looked tormented.

Belated's eyes began moving left and right, up and down quickly. Her analytical nature would come into play in this spar, after all, she didn't train for ten years to not use her techniques and skills. "Ok, Chase. good luck." She told him, sprinting at him head on.
Back to top Go down
Chase2000
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Chase2000

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2015, 7:54 pm

Calvin raised his eyebrow slightly at her eye change and, exactly what she was doing.He could tell already there fighting styles were completely different. By the looks of it, Belated actually trained her whole life, while, Chase always fought anybody like he did on the streets. Usually, Chase would run straight at his opponent, but, his strategy wasn't going to be so useful if somebody else was using it. Chase decided to just take the Jax road and kept his distance, he did remember him saying the best defense is the best offence. Though Chase always did think the best offence was also, the best defense, time to find out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2015, 10:02 pm

Belated stopped for a moment. It seemed Chase didn't want to react first. The waiting game was so time consuming and made Belated feel impatient. For a moment, Belated stood there and studied Chase. There wasn't much to go off of, so she decided she'd have to make the first move after all. A bright white light engulfed Belated's left hand as it transitioned from arm to spear. Belated slowly walked to Chase, keeping on her toes. Just as she was a few feet from Chase, she raised her arm high and swung it down at break neck speeds toward Chase.
Back to top Go down
Chase2000
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Chase2000

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2015, 10:25 pm

Chase eyed the spear for a moment, making sure nothing was to come swinging down on him. Which, actually happened. Chase gritted his teeth and immediately raised his right arm, it transforming mud move, into a electrical baton, trying to dodge the spear. "So, this is what Jax does, wait for an opening, then attack." Chase thought to himself. Luckily for him, she wasn't the only one with a long ranged attack. Chase whip lashed his arm, it turning into a poor electricity whip. Chase then with it over to Belated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)   A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Blind Spar (Chase and Kidd) (Open to spectators, I guess)
Page 1 of 1