Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America. Empty
PostSubject: New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America.   New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2015, 1:49 am

(This thread, and subforum in general, was made because of a discussion me and Oblivion had in skype, that we wished to continue in the public eye. Also DEBATE FORUM YAAAAAY)

Okay, so, American Police System. Opinions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America.   New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2015, 2:00 am

I think that the police are WAYYYY too trigger happy. But I guess they are trained to fire first if they see or believe they see a gun. Still, you shouldn't shoot a man/woman just because he/she is holding a weapon, be it real or not...
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America.   New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2015, 10:32 am

99.9% of all these police shootings happen because the person didn't respect the policeman and do what he said. Take Ferguson, the guy tried to punch the police officer, yet somehow he becomes a martyr when he was shot for it.
When the guy tells you to drop the weapon, drop it.
When he says to put your hands in the air, put'em up.
Due process only works if you go through the process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America.   New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2015, 10:46 pm

There are many methods of apprehension the officer could've used. Police are usually trained in hand to hand combat, or at least briefly taught it. Do not victim shame, sov. He was literally shot. Hell, why wasn't the officer armed with at least a taser instead, to incapacitate instead of kill? Imagine throwing a punch at someone you hate that was pissing you off, and then they pull out a fucking revolver and shoots you. I do respect you as an admin, Sov. But do not blame the victim for being shot. It's like saying "he shouldn't have made himself so shootable."

Freakpanda has a point. They are way too trigger happy.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America.   New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2015, 11:13 pm

It's not like I don't think a tazer would have been more appropriate, the thing is, the kid tried to physically take the officer's gun, that's what they were fighting over. Also, even if the kid was resentful of the police officer, he was perfectly justified in asking him to stop, the policeman didn't stop him because he was racist or something, it was because a robbery had occurred near-bye, and the kid matched the description of the person who had robbed the store.
Nothing would have happened if he hadn't resisted.
Maybe cops are meaner in urban areas, but here in Kentucky, they tend to be pretty chill, with a few exceptions. Stereotyping has just made them all into jerks, when the majority are good people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America.   New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2015, 2:57 am

Oooooh I wasn't aware of the robbery or resisting part. Alright, yeah, what he did was wrong. SOME cops in America can be too trigger happy, though. Only some though. Definitely a minority.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America.   New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2015, 4:14 am

I can also agree with the resisting part. If you attack/try to attack police officer, they have the right to use force, be it lethal or not. Sadly this also leads to ''police suicides'' where people with nothing to lose or are too scared to pull the trigger by themself attack police with a weapon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America.   New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2015, 1:07 pm

Bottom line... Cops could be better and so could people. PEOPLE! Don't rob stores. COPS! Don't shoot unarmed people that aren't posing a threat to you. This is a two way street people. You either follow the rules of the road, or... Something...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America.   New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2015, 11:03 pm

The thing that gets me about Ferguson, was the robbery had happened over two weeks prior, and Brown was about 50 feet away when the lethal shot hit him. The first making it nearly irrelevant in the whole stopping thing.

The information that I had seen, basically said the altercation went something like this. Brown and a friend are walking down the street, apparently IN the street. Wilson rolls up, says something to try and get him off the road. Not sure exactly what, but apparently Brown took offense, and walks up to the vehicle. Wilson tries to open his door up quickly, Brown slams it shut (according to his friend, because the door was going to hit him). Brown goes to punch him through the window, and the rest is history. But yes, apparently the lethal shot hit Brown when he was over 50 feet from Wilson's vehicle. I say lethal, because there were multiple shots, the first being into Brown's hand, while it was inside the vehicle. Sounds a little trigger happy to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America.   New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Subforum and a debate over the police system in America.
Page 1 of 1