Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I) Empty
PostSubject: A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I)   A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 2:22 am

A young man traveled through the woods in the state of Washington. He was at a remote location, close to the eastern border, on the hunt for a witch. He had a leather jacket, a blood red t-shirt, a black beanie with a skull on the front, dark blue jeans and black sneakers. Ikaru looked over his shoulder as he continued, making sure he wasn't being followed. He looked ahead again, adjusting his wakizashi that rested in it's sheath attached to his belt. Ikaru had been trying to find a witch he had heard rumors about, and hoped that it would have information on his missing friend. While Ikaru knew he probably shouldn't be hunting a witch alone, it was personal. He needed some excitement, an actual challenge for once. So, he continued on his way towards where he was informed the witch was.

After a few more minutes, the trees began to grow farther apart until he finally found a lake. In the middle of the lake was a gigantic lily pad with a building on it. He wasn't entirely sure what exactly it was, but he could see that the soul was somewhere in the building. So, he looked around for a way to get across and after finding nothing began to walk around the perimeter of the lake, hoping to find something he could use to get to the abnormally large lily pad.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I)   A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 8:14 am

Within the mossy walls of the waterborne structure, the very witch Ikaru was looking for was fast at work. Concoctions bubbled and brewed in the corner surrounded by varying souls. Some human, some Kishin, others not even identifiable by race. The entire floor of the laboratory was covered in water; enough water to drown small vermin. The witch wasn't hiding her soul. It would be easy to spot by anyone, even if it weren't that big. She herself, however, was not entirely ignorant of the intruder. Although she was unaware of his intentions, she wasn't going to greet him with open arms. She wouldn't necessarily attack him on sight either, but she wasn't unwilling to fight him. In response to his arrogant intrusion, Toka the Witch began chanting, readying herself for any siege that may come her way.

"Keru-rog... Osugama Gamaeru.... Kaeru.... Frog...."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I)   A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2015, 5:13 am

Ikaru kept looking around the lake for a way to get to the building. As he continued, he found large lily pads leading to the gigantic one. So, he carefully stepped onto one, making sure it could support his weight. Once he was sure it could, he hopped onto the lily pad, wobbling slightly, trying not to fall in the water. Then he hopped onto another one, realizing the lily pads were easier to jump on if he went faster. Ikaru began to jump from lily pad to lily pad, finally getting onto the last one with what seemed to be the witch's lair on it. Once he got there, he began walking around, looking for the entrance. He hoped he hadn't been spotted, but he slowly unsheathed his wakizashi so that he was prepared for any fight that might ensue.  
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I)   A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2015, 2:14 pm

Built in to the wall before Ikaru was a large radio that vaguely resembled a frog. For a little while all it seemed to do was give off static, but after a few moments a somewhat distinctive voice rang through. "You're obviously not just some human that wandered down the wrong part of the woods are you? You must be one of those kids from the DWMA that mom told me about. What do you want with me? I haven't done anything wrong. Or did the Reaper just run out of prey to sic his fox's on, so now he's feeding them newborn frogs? You monsters have got some nerve, that's for sure. Well, at any rate, if you've come to take my soul, you can forget it. There's no way you'll even be able to get close to me, so you can just turn around and go back to your beloved Lord Death now." The static was still clear for a few moments, implying that any sounds would still be transmitted through the radio until it started up again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I)   A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2015, 8:50 pm

Ikaru saw a radio in the wall and assumed he was close to the entrance. However, before he began continuing the search, he heard a voice coming from the radio. He listened to the witch speak, and as she did Ikaru realized she had the impression he was there to kill her. After she finished speaking, he waited to see if she had more to say before replying, "I'm here for one of the students of the DWMA, Ace Toromaki. So, if you have him and if you could send him on out, we could avoid an unnecessary fight here. And if you don't have him, point me in the right direction and I'll be on my way." As he spoke, he continued to search for a way in. He also realized it was possible that Ace wasn't in fact captured by a witch, but was instead safely inside Death City or captured by some other entity. But hey, this was his only lead so far and he was going to take it. After a bit of searching, he found what appeared to be the entrance; the mouth of the giant frog that the building was. He took a look around one more time before entering, wakizashi still in hand. Ikaru ventured through the building noticing the floor was covered with water. He made his way to where he sensed the witch's soul finally finding the room with the witch in it. He entered, weapon held rather casually as he scanned the room for her, noticing souls and concoctions in a corner. When he saw her, he focused on her and fully entered the room. "The door was open. I thought I'd let myself in." He smiled slightly but then remembered he was on a mission and although it wasn't official, he shouldn't joke around. His smile faded and he continued speaking, saying, "So, got the information on my friend? Or will I have to beat it out of you?"
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I)   A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 21st 2015, 10:12 am

Toka was bent over her work, stirring some sort of concoction with a glass rod. The very presence of it radiated madness, and even the witch working on it had to employ powerful magic to avoid negative side effects. "I suppose that I can hardly blame you for coming in here. After all I didn't really say you couldn't come in. Unfortunately for you, I don't know anything about the boy that you're talking about. I'm sure you're not going to accept that though, are you? Ribbit. So I guess if you REALLY want to know something, you should come over here and put your money where your mouth is."

Of course, she was telling the truth when she said she didn't know anything, but Ikaru probably wouldn't leave it at that. He was from the DWMA after all. "Although, assuming you're not so eager to die, I have been a little lonely out here, so I don't mind chatting with you for a little while before I use you as a part of one of my experiments, Ribbit. My name is Toka. Toka Frog. Nice to meet you." The witch finally turned around to face Ikaru now, smiling devilishly and holding the vial out in the air where the Meister could see it. It was a strange, crimson liquid that seemed to be fogging over the top. Without breaking eye contact, she began moving to the far side of the room, where she'd left the souls. "In fact, if you're fun to talk to, I might even tell you a little bit about what I'm doing. Of course if I do that, I'll have to make certain of your death- even more so than I already do. You have stumbled upon something that the Witches' Coven wishes to keep secret, after all, Ribbit."

This corner she was approaching contained the soul of a human, that of a Witch, and that of a Kishin Egg. Beneath these floating objects lay a pile of various weapons, ranging from axes to lances. Toka, of course, would have to pass Ikaru in order to reach these objects.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I)   A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2015, 5:36 am

Ikaru waited patiently for her to speak, listening as she told him she had no news on Ace. He wasn't exactly too trusting of her about that and was about to say so. However, she already said what he had been thinking so he simply nodded, letting her speak more. As she continued, he heard her introduce herself and he did the same replying, "Ikaru Tagani...likewise." He didn't return the smile however and instead of focusing on her, his attention immediately shifted to the vial she held. But then he remembered the threat she still posed and looked back, adjusting his weapon slightly so that he was ready for an attack as she walked towards him. She kept speaking, most if not important to him as he was confident he could at least survive a fight, but then he was snapped back into reality when the witch said that the Witches' Coven wishes to keep whatever was going on a secret. He saw that she needed to get by and moved out of the way, saying, "Well I do hope you aren't talking about the building itself. Because honestly, it's quite boring...and a few people have at least heard rumors about this place. So what could possibly make it so special?"
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I)   A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2015, 5:33 am

Toka growled, displaying avid irritation at Ikaru's mockery. "I'll have you know, I designed this building myself. I would appreciate it if you didn't call it boring. No matter. I suppose I'll get to punish you for your rude insult soon enough." The witch grabbed the Kishin Egg soul carefully and held it away from her, towards Ikaru. "As for the answer to your question: if you learn to shut up, I just might show you, Ribbit..." She began pouring the vile liquid over the soul in her hand as she muttered her Mantra under her breath. "Keru-rog Osugama Gamaeru Kaeru Frog..." After a moment, it seemed to solidify, encasing the soul in a hard, crimson shell. "This is concentrated Madness, taken directly from a powerful Kishin Egg. The soul of the Kishin Egg helps to control it."

She reached back and pulled a Claymore from the pile of weapons, along with the Witch soul. "As I'm sure you've already guessed, the order of this process is incredibly important. If I were to start with the wrong step, I'd end up with another pitiful abomination like those things in the other room. Did you see them, Ribbit?" Once again, she gave her Mantra, and then the souls began to move around one another in circles, coming closer and closer until they began moving in to one another. Slowly, the shell of the Kishin Egg soul softened in one place, and the Witch soul was absorbed into it. The red, enigmatic ball bloated, and Toka quickly picked up the claymore. "I'm sure you're familiar with the origin of Weapons, aren't you? A Witch's soul and a Human's soul were combined together with a weapon and put into a body in order to give the human the ability to transform into a Weapon. I've recently been asked to help tinker with that process, since the DWMA is using our own creations against us. So, what happens if you give the human's Madness that transformative property? Toka was now slowly pushing the sword inside the red ball, stretching it out into the shape of a claymore. Eventually the entire object was consumed, and resulted in a large sword, completely covered in a thick, red shell.

"I'll show you, Ribbit." Her Mantra repeated and the sword flashed with a bright light, turning into an ominous red mist that resembled a Weapon when transforming, except that it stayed this way, slowly circling Toka. "Through the activation of magic, it can turn into its own Madness Wavelength. Unfortunately, it's pretty stationary like this. Thankfully, unlike a Soul Wavelength, a Madness Wavelength is pretty easy to alter, or even replace, since the Madness in two humans doesn't really differ that much unless they become Kishin Eggs, or have some sort of major disorder. So, I can effortlessly take this Madness, and add it to the Madness of this human soul." She said, snatching it from the corner. "Since I'll be introducing the Madness to the soul as its own, you'd think that the form of the soul wouldn't change much, but apparently that's an incorrect assumption. See for yourself, Ribbit."

As she said, Toka held the soul out in the path of the Madness, and surely enough, with what looked to be a little bit of assistance from the Witch, the crimson mist slipped inside of the soul, twisting around inside of it, until it popped up at the top, replacing the tail of the human soul with a dark red one. "It must be the Kishin Egg. At least, that's what I think. So, I bet you have plenty of questions for me, don't you? Ribbit."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I)   A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2015, 5:55 am

Ooc:

Go ahead and keep role play as normal; I'm going to talk to the admins to ensure this is approved. Love you both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I)   A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2015, 3:10 am

Ikaru watched Toka move towards the weapons and listened as she babbled on about how weapons were created. He was almost going to tune her out, until she mentioned giving a human's Madness the transformation property. He watched as she pushed the sword in the red ball, watching it cover the weapon until it was fully encased in a red shell. He let her ramble on a bit more about the entire process and watched as she mixed the human soul with the madness and stared at it as the mist twisted around through the soul and popped up at the top, replacing the tail with a red one. Ikaru hadn't realized it, but his eyes had widened during the whole entire process and he thought to himself, Damn...I've stumbled upon something more important than I thought I would... His grip on the wakizashi tightened as he replied, "Why exactly are you doing this? What the hell is the point of it?" He thought he might already have a pretty good idea, but he wanted to at least get his facts straight here. He did plan on making it out of here alive, and when he did, he needed to get back to Death City immediately...even if it meant he had to stop the search. This...this seemed much, much more important.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I)   A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I) I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2015, 3:30 am

"Like I already said, the DWMA is using our own creations against us, so I've been asked to modify the formula that Arachne made, so that we have something to help defend us from those cruel Meisters and their Weapons. Unfortunately I was struggling at the beginning, but since I left the Witches' Coven, I've been making LOTS of progress, Ribbit." Soul in hand, Toka left the room, walking down a hallway, towards a softly illuminated room that appeared to be in the north-eastern corner of the building. She continued speaking as she went.

"Most of the other experiments so far have been complete failures, and ended up turning in to abominations. In fact, some of them were so awful that I couldn't even bring myself to kill them. They were horrifying, really. So I left them in cages in another room, hoping they'd starve. However, I believe that THIS attempt will bare some satisfying fruit, Ribbit." Once in the room, the Witch lifted a body from the ground, and set it on a strange, frog-shaped altar, then turned to face Ikaru. "You know, I wouldn't even be doing this if it weren't for those rotten Shibusen. Mom didn't even like Medusa, I don't know why you'd send Meisters after her. It isn't her fault that that stupid snake made her do those things!" Toka didn't seem as smug as she did before. Now, she was scowling at Ikaru, expecting him to speak up and tell her something she already knew.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I)   A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Personal Hunt (Closed; Ace and I)
Page 1 of 1