Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I)   New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2015, 11:16 pm

Kidd's cheeks were bright red and he was elated with what'd just happened. Linking up with Blakely so perfectly felt amazing. Blinded by the bliss he was currently in, Kidd was currently smiling and forgetting about everything that'd just happened around them. About Rori, about Hawk, about his humiliation at Ixion's hands, about Shilo's death, about the entire world. It was just him and Blakely. Kidd had never noticed how much of a great person she was until just now. The two of them obviously were capable of doing this all the time if they didn't fight so much. Why didn't they?

Consumed by his elation, Kidd was about to tell Blakely to tranform out of her weapon form to give her a hug. They could celebrate their victory. Unfortunately, there wasn't really a victory.

All of a sudden, Kidd found himself staring at the floor. The boy was so blinded by his joy, that he didn't even have enough time to realize what'd happened before it even happened. "Fuck!" Kidd huffed as he hit the floor with a loud thud. Throwing his arms out in the nick of time, Kidd avoided further damaging his face. Before Kidd had a chance to recover or react, he found himself violently being pulled up by the collar of his shirt.

The sight of Ixion's enraged expression struck fear straight into Kidd's heart. All color drained from his face as he stared straight into the eyes of the man who was clearly pissed off at being taken down by two kids. It was obvious that they'd finally struck a nerve. How hadn't that last attack killed him? Didn't matter now. Kidd would have his own life taken before he could find out the answer for himself.

Kidd's lips quivered as he watched Ixion draw his fist back, the intent to kill clearly on his mind. Tear welled up in Kidd's eyes. He wasn't ready to die. There was still so much he had to do and say. He hadn't yet proved his worth to the world or anybody. Why was it that he couldn't move? Why wasn't he fighting back, or at least flailing against his grip? Kidd was petrified as he awaited the final blow. Holding his breath, he kept followed Ixion's fist as it came closer and closer to his face.

Just as the strike was an inch away from landing, Ixion stopped. Kidd found himself falling to the floor again. The screams of pain brought Kidd back to his senses. Looking over, Kidd stared at Ixion who was currently laying in a pool of his own blood. What had happened? One second, Kidd was about to die, and now here Ixion was on the verge of his own death.

Kidd's eyes quickly darted up.  Blakely currently kneeled a few feet away from him. She was coated in Ixion's blood. Was she the one that saved Kidd's life?

Kidd pounced on Blakely and wrapped his arms around her tightly. Burying his face deep into her shoulder, he finally lost it. "You saved my life, Blakely...." Kidd whispered, his tears mixing with the blood on her shoulder. Kidd was still in astonishment over the entire situation. He always disrespected Blakely and never fully acknowledged her importance up until today. He deserved to die. He was unworthy of having her as a partner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I)   New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2015, 7:31 pm

Ixion was curled up into a tight, bloodied, ball of fading life. His moans were torturous. He pressed cold hands against the wound and pain vibrated deep within him. He surely had internal damage and with this realization, teeth clenched, he pushed himself up onto his knees, slipping in his own blood puddle.

Blakely felt Kidd wrap her up in his arms and hot tears trickled down her shoulder and arm, but she could feel nothing. She'd gone numb and her eyes gazed out dead at Ixion as she watched him struggle. He was a force, really. How could he even be moving. She lifted her left arm and wrapped it around Kidd, dropping her head against him. She didn't dare use her right are for fear of it turning into a blade and stabbing Kidd as well. She hiccuped as she too started to cry. It was an ugly cry, her face twisted with all the stress and anger and fear she'd been holding in until that moment.

"Kidd. What did I do?" she whimpered, lips trembling so her words rippled out unsteadily. 'I... I'm a monster....." she choked, her posture wilting against her partner so most of her weight was against him now. Her brain had really come to a complete halt and she couldn't form words anymore. She could only sob against Kidd's side pathetically.

Ixion had somehow managed to crawl toward the far wall and stand himself up, using the wall to support him as he limped, weakly, toward the back of the church where he slipped out from view. he was much too injured to kill either of them. His blood loss was getting to his head and everything was bright and spinning.

"Goddammit." he spat, his legs taking him out of the church where the last of his zombies met him. It scooped him up bridal style and carried him off down dark alleys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I)   New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2015, 10:57 pm

Kidd perked up when he heard Blakely crying as well. There was no way in hell he deserved any comforting. No one else but Kidd could be held accountable for everything that happened here. Slowly lifting his head up from her shoulder, Kidd looked down at Blakely that was being too hard on herself. "No, Blakely.... You're an angel. You saved a piece of scum like me from who the real monster is.... You're the hero here." Kidd said softly. Kidd looked over his shoulder to check on Ixion. The man was no longer there. He wasn't actually dead. They'd failed their mission.

"Shit...." Kidd hissed through grit teeth. His hubris was the demise of him and his entire squad. And Shilo had yet to be avenged.

Kidd looked back at Blakely. Sighing, he knew there was still unfinished business. "Blakely, c'mon." Kidd gently nudged her to get up. Kidd groaned as he stood up, soreness the aftermath of their battle. "We have Hawk and Rori to worry about...." Kidd sighed, looking over at the unconscious pair laying together. Walking over to them, Kidd examine their faces for a moment.

Hawk. The innocent one here. He'd taken the most punishment out of everyone here. And he was the one that deserved it the least. Bad stuff always happens to good people. Hawk was an example of that.

Rori. Boy, was she a pain in the ass. Kidd honestly didn't know how Hawk could put up with someone like her. Then a thought came to mind. There may have been times when Kidd thought he actually loathed the girl. Times where he'd even wish bad things upon her. Things were different now. After today, Kidd realized he wasn't capable of hating even her.

"Alright, do you think you can walk?" Kidd turned to Blakely. "If not, just transform.... I've got these two...." Kidd said, keeping his voice calm. It was tough though. You can't just act casual about nearly killing innocent people. Kidd was still the leader of the mission though. Kidd needed to keep his head.... For now at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I)   New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2015, 11:11 pm

Blakely gave a great sigh at Kidd's words and followed up with a deep inhale to calm herself. She lifted her head to meet his gaze, her eyes as steady as she could manage as if to tell Kidd everything would be okay--but it was hard to even convince herself of that. She followed his line of sight at his hissing voice and saw that Ixion was no longer there. A quiet fear trickled through her veins. He'd lived through it all.

Her body teetered unsteadily at Kidd's nudge and she got to her feet feeling like she had 10 tons weighing her shoulders down. Gazing down at the other two she frowned and reached forward to pull Rori up off of Hawk. She could carry the girl. Hawk was a bit too tall for her. She dragged the girl's rams over her shoulders and knelt down before popping her bum up and bouncing Rori's legs up so she could tuck her hands under the girl's legs to carry her piggy-backed. All the while Kidd had been speaking, yet she'd heard nothing. She was on auto-pilot now. "I've got her." she muttered, looking to Kidd and then to Hawk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I)   New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2015, 11:02 pm

Kidd stroked his chin, contemplating how he’d manage with Hawk and Rori. Whatever he chose to do, he’d have to it quick. Hawk and Rori were in dire conditions right now, and he and Blakely couldn’t afford to waste anymore precious time. Actions had to be taken immediately.

Kidd was so caught up with thinking about what to do, that he hadn’t even noticed Blakely pick Rori up. Squatting down, Kidd sat a few inches away from Hawk. Coming this close to him killed Kidd on the inside. The poor sap. His very first mission and it almost gets him killed. Kidd almost gets him killed. There was no way he could make it up to him or Rori, but he had to take responsibility for his actions and the consequences that came with them.

Grabbing both of Hawk’s arms, Kidd pulled him up gently until he was in a sitting condition. Hawk slouched forward, and the discomfort of it all made Kidd shudder a bit.Sliding his fingers underneath Hawk’s legs, Kidd pulled him up and hoisted him onto his right shoulder, handling him as gently as possible. If something was broken, Kidd didn’t want to further aggravate the injury.

Standing up slowly, Kidd turned around, sighing. It’d take him all he could muster to take Hawk and Rori back to the academy. But he was in no position to complain. Not after what he’d done. When Kidd turned to Rori, he noticed she was missing. “Huh?” Kidd said, confused. Turning around even more, Kidd spotted her on Blakely’s back. This brought a frown and extreme displeasure to Kidd’s face. “Blakely, wait.” Kidd stepped forward and laid his free hand on his partner’s shoulder. “I’ve got her. This is my burden to carry. Not yours, not anyone else’s. Please. Let me carry her.” Kidd held his left hand out. Kidd looked at Blakely, almost pleading. He really wanted to do this. “Please.” Kidd said again, almost begging.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I)   New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2015, 11:13 pm

Blakely shook her head at him and nudged his hand off her shoulder. She gave him a stern look then.
"You're my partner. Your burden is my burden." she stated bluntly, her eyes firmly set on Kidd's face. Thinking he could actually make it back carrying both of them was ridiculous. He was injured too. She slipped her hand from under Rori's limp knee, reaching over and taking Kidd's hand into hers and tugged him forward, leading them to the church entrance.

Kidd was clearly drained and she knew she needed to help him, whether he wanted it or not, she was going to stick with him through this mess.

"Don't worry Kidd." she added as they reached the towering double doors. She pushed one open. It creaked loudly against her weight and when she stepped out of the church she felt a small weight lift from her shoulders. They were all alive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I)   New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Stars Are Born (Hawk, Shilo, and I)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4