Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arc
Admin
Admin

The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2015, 2:20 pm

24th August 2015
10:00 AM
_________________________________________________________________________________
The Corsair had gotten to his post early, to make sure he wasn't late for teaching his very first class. Lateness would be unacceptable, he was told. Even though he knew it meant the students, he himself would set a good example for AT LEAST a week before finally getting bored of waiting in the empty gym-styled classroom for two hours every day, like he had done today. He was just sort of sitting in the corner until the time for students to enter the classroom came along, playing with the laces of his trainers, which were untied and not about to be retied by the Death Scythe any time soon. Well... Saying 'until' would be lying, because anyone to go through that door would still find him playing with his laces absentmindedly.
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2015, 6:57 pm

Grey walked into the classroom an hour late as far as he was concerned. It was normal for Grey to be an hour early anywhere he went because he liked to feel like he was doing things at his own tempo, but since his interactions with Sullab he had been having trouble focusing. He really needed this class. Grey peeked his head through the door and saw what appeared to be a Gym. He, only glancing briefly at first thought it was empty, but no that wasn't right there was someone in this room how could he have missed him. Grey walked in and revealed that he wasn't wearing his usual attire. His coat was missing, and he was wearing a low-cut, thin shirt, black track pants, the scarf that normally kept his coat tied worn as a belt, and he had a head band holding his hair back and out of his face. "Hello, It seems as though I arrived to late. Is class over."

Last edited by Dr.Greyhearth on August 27th 2015, 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2015, 7:32 am

"Hasn't started yet." The Corsair said, looking up momentarily from his apparently abnormally interesting shoes. He continued with the fiddling and staring as if there wasn't anyone else in the room still. However, now he was thinking about the turnout he was actually going to get, and wondering if this guy is the only person that would turn up to his class today. Whichever one it was, he would have the get up and start doing something other than dreaming away the hours. Not quiet yet, though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2015, 9:40 am

Yume walked in taking out her earbuds before entering. Unsure if it was the right classroom until she recognized Grey, whom was also a weapon. She sighed and quietly walked in after nodding at the teacher. She made sure to be early since she wanted to be of more use as well as gaving proper control over her transformation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2015, 9:20 am

Johnathan entered the classroom, unsure of how a weapon only combat class could exist. Meisters are the ones who wielded them in actual combat, and autonomous weapons are very, very, rare. If, on the other hand, it was simply meant to be martial arts, then he really had no place in this class. His skill already rivaled many of the teachers, and, if he so desired, he was skilled enough to be granted his own dojo for shotokan. Recognizing none of the three present, Johnathan gathered up his hair into a ponytail, a habit to prepare for combat.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2015, 10:31 am

With some people finally in the class, the Corsair rose up from his spot in the corner, and, with a smile, tipped his top hat at the ones present. "I am the Corsair. It is not my real name, but that is what I call myself, and what others call me. You may call me Sir, Mr.Corsair or just Corsair. I will be your teacher for the weapon-only combat class, and I think an explanations of what this class entails is due," The Corsair introduced himself and then cleared his throat, before continuing with introducing the class. "Usually, most of you will have a meister at hand to fight with you. Those of you that do not will gain more from this class, though. When your meister cannot fight anymore, or if you are attacked alone, or if you are autonomous fully, then you will need to know how to use a partial weapon form to it's fullest, so that you can put up a fight even in the most dire of situations." The Death Scythe finished his explanation with transforming a part of his lower arm into the form of his weapon form. "You need to be able to control a partial transformation for a start. I would like someone who can do that properly to step up and be ready to defend themselves using that weapon form. Anyone else, try to practice partial transformations while you watch."

OOC: Awright, the thread is ready to properly start. We have enough people, I think, and once Grey posts, this will be the post order: Myself, Grey, Yume, Guy. Anyone else to join in halfway through will slot in neatly in between the two post that they posted between. Obviously. Also, bit of a wall of text. Whoopsie.
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2015, 5:16 pm

Grey watched as the other members of his class walked in, and when he saw Yume walk in a small, slightly awkward smile grew on his face. He bowed/nodded slightly to greet her without drawing too much attention to himself. Once The Corsair began talking though, Grey aimed his attention towards him. Grey looked hesitant with contemplation at first when The Corsair asked the class to do partial weapon transformation. It wasn't that he couldn't do a partial weapon transformation, that was a fundamental step into transforming into a full weapon formation after all. It was just that Grey was completely unable to control it. So to protect his ego he created a clone from his shadow and then transformed into his hand. 'This is more practical anyways,' Grey thought to himself dismissively as he attempted to convince himself that his instructor would have no reason to call him out and ask him to actually try partial weapon transformation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2015, 3:31 pm

Yume grinned and nodded politely back at Grey when he recognized her. Soon class started with the usual introduction of what could be learned. It had made her more eager to take this class. She listened carefully and tried to keep her mind away from daydreaming. When the teacher asked for anyone to step forward Yume timidly had stepped back. She had zero experience of actual fighting training in any form. She would've almost stepped up to do a partial transformation until the teacher mentioned to be ready to defend themselves. Behind her back she had turned her hand into a metal claw. Some kind of mental proof to herself that she could actually properly do some kind of partial transformation, she just didn't trust herself waving around with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2015, 4:58 pm

Johnathan looked between the other two weapons and could already see how much farther ahead he was. Moving the others to the edge of both his mind and his vision, he locked eyes with the instructor anticipation of the upcoming fight evident. His right foot lead his stance as he shifted to a half-open form, his hands resting in a high-low guard. As for his partial transformation, his lead hand lost its knuckles to small blades barely an inch long, locking the fist closed. His left remained untouched, and rested open, the palm exposed for blocks.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2015, 6:35 pm

The Corsair looked from student to student as they demonstrated what they could do. One wielded himself in his full weapon form, which was quite unique and unexpected. "We'll come back to you later." He said. Another hid their transformation behind their back, which was stupid for various reasons. "Blond girl, show me. I can, one, see you holding your arm behind you, and two, I saw the flash of light behind you." His tone was stern and commanding, and his facial expression mirrored that, except for his eyes, which looked perpetually bored. Without waiting for her to do as he said, however, the Corsair turned to the one who had stepped up to the plate, so to say, and without hesitation dashed forward, stumbling over his untied laces, though not falling, thrust his drill-arm towards the guys stomach, without actually spinning it up, to minimize potential injuries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2015, 9:18 am

ooc: Shall I just Continue with the combat and get that over since Grey has apparently vanished?
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2015, 10:58 am

OOC: I think we should still wait a little while.
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2015, 7:46 pm

Grey watched The Corsair charge at the other student only to stumble on his own untied laces, and while the instructor didn't lose his balance he wondered how someone like this could teach him much. Grey's clone was visibly impressed by the apparent combat training Johnathan had, but, even if the wielder was clumsy, that drill looked like a formidable weapon. 'I wonder if we can use our other resources,'Grey thought to himself as he felt into one of his pockets.
(OoC: poopy post is crappy.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2015, 3:57 pm

This guy was alert. Very alert. Her arm dropped to her side showing the metal claw that was formed.
"I-i never learned to fight properly..."
She said flustered, mumbling softly. She flinched when she saw the drill head to the stomach of the student that was actually ready to defend themselves. She felt like she was not ready for all this an uncertain glance in her eyes even though most of her facial expression seemingly remained calm.
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2015, 4:22 pm

Astryd slouched into the room, a soft frown on her face. She had been recommended to take this class, and didn't really want to. She knew her abilities and her limits.
She didn't need a Death Scythe to tell her what they were. When she saw the amount of people there, a faint blush formed on her cheeks. 'Had they all been recommended too?' She wondered to herself, joining the others in the back and observing the proceedings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 12:56 pm

Johnathan's eyes had never left the instructor, as to him, he was the target and threat, and saw the dash as easily as anyone. His weight was already distributed to the balls of his feet, and without much thought, pushed off his rear leg dashing forward and to the side. As the drill went past his body, he started to punch with his bladed fist, though because of the proximity, he reformed his knuckles mid-punch, not wanting to gouge the teacher. His lead hand dropped across his body, staying open and close to his opponent, holding a mid-guard position.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 1:12 pm

The Corsair took note of the clawed form of the student who had been hiding their form before, and also noted how one person had been late. When the student expertly dodged his attack, the Corsair thought that he had indeed picked the right one to do the demonstration of a battle with, and also found out which one didn't really need to be taught much. So, after having been dodged, the drill came down and into the ground, point going through the floor; even though it looked like a clumsy accident, he meant to do it. A second later, his body was vertical over the drill, off hand holding his hat in place, and spinning. "Do-'t g- -sy -n me!" He shouted, inaudible in part due to the spinning. The rest of the class would probably have heard this, instead: "-n- -o ea- o-!" If his pupil went for the punch like he should have, he would have most likely missed his side. Having gained some speed, the Corsair lowered his legs, to around the height of Johnathan's chest, suddenly, ready to go for a high-powered kick.

OOC: Post Order now: Myself, Grey, Yume, Flair, Guy.

Last edited by Arc on December 4th 2015, 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2015, 7:45 pm

Grey was impressed by the teacher because he had such an awkward weapon form that one would think would be more cumbersome than helpful, yet he managed to transition into an obviously well practiced dodge without a moments hesitation. Grey noted that he would have been unable to dodge that without using his special ability. The student who seemed all too ready to fight was nimble and quick enough on his feet though that he managed it simply with skill. He didn't being one-upped like this. Grey looked for an opening, an excuse, any excuse to jump into the fray.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]   The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Corsairs weapon-only combat class. [Open]
Page 1 of 1