Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage

Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2015, 7:06 pm

Tien paused, a bit confused as to where to start, and pointed at the shortest one she saw, "a".
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 12:00 pm

"A," she explained, habitually signing the letter as she explained, "It's an article... a pronoun. I'm not sure if you understand those words." A shrug followed but she pointed to herself. "I am a person. One person."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 3:28 pm

Tien bowed her head, cheeks flushing brilliant pink as she tried to hide her face, "I picked a bad word. I am sorry."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 3:33 pm

"There are no stupid questions," Eve said, smiling. "Go ahead, keep asking."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 3:34 pm

Tien sighed, "I do not understand the symbols. Is there system?"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 3:36 pm

She nodded, smiling, "Do you read? I can explain better if I know what you're used to."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 3:37 pm

"I read some in Thai." she explained, "And some in Chinese."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 3:40 pm

Evelyn nodded at this, straightening a bit to retrieve a napkin, pulling a mini pen from her pocket. As she spoke, she jotted down each of the letters of the alphabet, in upper and lower case, her handwriting a neat, tidy, legible script. "Chinese uses symbols for each word. We use symbols for each letter, different parts of the words."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 3:45 pm

"The... sounds?" Tien asked, trying to make sure she understood properly.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 3:50 pm

Evelyn nodded, pointing to each letter in turn, pronouncing them each in turn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 3:53 pm

Tien nodded, flushing a bit, "There are many."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 3:54 pm

"Twenty-six," Evelyn clarified, nodding, lowering the hand she hadn't realized had been signing. "They make up our words. Like 'a' is both a word and a letter. So is 'I.'"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 3:57 pm

Tien nodded, "How does my name look in English?" she asked, curious.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 12:32 pm

Evelyn smiled, printing out Tien Phan at the bottom of the napkin, pointing to the syllables as she enunciated it for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 12:44 pm

Tien smiled, letting her fingers run over the letters on the page. "It's pretty."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 1:26 pm

Evelyn nodded at her, offering the pen. "Do you want to try to write it out?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 1:37 pm

Tien nodded, taking the pen and slowly and meticulously working to copy the letters.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 2:01 pm

Eve smiled, searching for another pen, locating it, and grabbing another napkin, drawing out the letters slowly to help her copy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 2:14 pm

Tien copied it down a few times, looking up at Eve, "Can I keep?"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 2:15 pm

She nodded, smiling, "I'll show you how to do them all sometime, if that works for you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 2:17 pm

Tien nodded, "I would like that."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2016, 10:57 am

Evelyn smiled, nodding in a final affirmation of the plan. "Then we will." She gestured towards the counter, and the kitchen behind it, "Our food will be out, soon enough."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2016, 11:00 am

Tien looked up as the waiter brought their food out and sat it down in front of them, nodding to them both with a smile and said, "Enjoy your meal!"

After he left, Tien turned to Eve, "I do not know the word he used. En---goy?"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2016, 11:08 am

Evelyn smiled, patient, offering a nod to the man as he left, "Do you know what joy is?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2016, 11:10 am

Tien shook her head, "No..." she trailed off, embarrassed as though it were something she should have known. "I only learn English 6 months before come here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)   Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could This Be Home? (Beyril and Lani; Private)
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next