Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 6:35 pm

She didn't really seem to notice him as he came outside, each missed shot firing off its own series of frustrated screams and curses. Rin continuously knocked arrow after arrow, wasting away at the ammo despite knowing how horrible her aim was and that trying to work with it would only make her mood worse.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 6:42 pm

Takumi wasn't sure how to deal with the situation. On one hand, he didn't really want to see Rin all frustrated like that. Especially with everything that went on that day. On the other, just like any of the staff, he didn't exactly want too elet her know too hat maybe her aim wasn't good enough for archery. But if not him..? With a sigh, Takumi walked closer. He would just draw her attention from the activity to himself. "Hey." He said as casually as he could manage.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 6:46 pm

Tension brought the bow facing him before she even had an arrow loaded, but she dropped it quickly enough, setting it on the ground. If nothing else, she didn't want to hit him if he stood too close while she was drawing it back. "Hi." She said, the word curt enough that it made her wince.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 6:53 pm

Well, there was almost getting shot, or close enough to it. He stepped away from the business end when she pointed it at him, arrow or no arrow. He was at the DWMA long enough to be able to sidestep stray projectiles or their potential launchers. "You sound... Frustrated." He began. "Except for the targets and me being an idiot, what'a up?"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 7:30 pm

She waved her hand dismissively, embracing her current attitude well enough to not mind her reaction enough to stop it. "Too many... 'gifts'..." Rin said, unsure of how to explain the words without stepping on toes.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 7:41 pm

"Gifts you don't want." He added rather confident in his hypothesis. "From whom?" He asked then. He thought he had it figured out. Piles of stuff thrown at a noble woman who has no need for the stuff. A noble woman who was delighted to receive a gift that was made with a little thought. Then the whole not being allowed part she mentioned. Takumi, he was a lot of things. Stupid want really one.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 8:01 pm

She wasn't about to deny his words, "Who were they not from?" Rin asked, the words bitter on the noble's tongue. Admittedly, there was a good portion from her family but the point remained. It wasn't something she wanted to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 8:10 pm

"Can you not ask your family to stop sending all of these gifts?" Takumi asked crouching down near the ground, fiddling with the bow Rin abandoned. "I can't pretend to know much. I don't know much. With that in mind, do they not do what you tell them while letting you do as you like?" He asked.

Perhaps he had a horse in this race, but it was all he could think to suggest.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 8:26 pm

"What do you want me to do, tell them to burn the gifts sent by suitors?" The words were out before she could stop that. After a moment of tension, she walked towards the targets and beginning picking arrows up off of the ground, trying to pretend her words hadn't happened.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 8:45 pm

Takimi flinched somewhat when she said it, but otherwise he was okay. He figured it out before. It was obvious, he thought. Picking up the bow, he followed Rin. "Tell them to put them somewhere away from you. Until you want to go through piles of packages of useless stuff showing off some rich idiots big pockets." Takumi said. Perhaps he was a little affectes by the whole thing. "Oops."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 8:48 pm

"I've half a mind to auction them for repair funds." She said with a shrug, holding the bundle of arrows and moving to toss them in a crate before searching for more.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 8:53 pm

"It'd make a point." Takumi said, going off to put the bow away where it belonged, trying to draw little attention to the fact he was doing so. Lest Rin wanted to use it any more.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 8:57 pm

"Besides, someone could use it." She waved absently at the estate, as though it were the pile itself. "Do you want a laptop? I think I got three already."
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 9:06 pm

"I'll pass." Takumi said in a somewhat annoyed tone. Obviously he didn't like Rin having all those gifts just as much as Rin didn't like it for a somewhat different reason.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 9:09 pm

She shrugged, seeming unphased by the refussal. "Your choice." Instinct held her hand out as she began to walk towards the estate.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2017, 9:13 pm

Takumi looked at the hand as if it would bite. So tempting, yet he knew he'd be trapping himself in a constant spiral of longing. Needless to say, he didn't take the hand, pretending to not have seen it.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2017, 5:28 pm

Rin didn't bother with worrying about this occurrence, instead assuming what he pretended. Walking to the main room led them to the mountainous supply of gifts that, for all intents and purposes, she would rather have ignored. "So, do you want to help me sort through this junk for useful things and stuff that we can sell or donate? I think some of this could just go to the school..."

ooc: Also, the Ace might do a thread so I might have to end this sooner (assuming he actually stays) and do a part two after the fact or something
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2017, 5:53 pm

"Sure." Takumi said. Seeing the amount of stuff that Rin would have to go through herself if he didn't made hid answer a non-brainer. With nothing else to say, he figuratively dove in, slowly picking out things that would obviously be useful, such as electronics and putting them off to one side.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2017, 6:02 pm

A lot of the gifts were tech-based, bringing about a growing pile of the latest gadgets, most of which were phones. She seemed more exasperated with each one, only showing any sort of pleasure when she found something that was actually artistically based. Even then, most things were more showy: expensive art pieces that rightfully belonged in museums and she had no interest in hanging in the Death City estate. Honestly, the Washington one could do without them, as well. Nothing they found, at least among the suitors' gifts, had any sort of personal element to them, instead all seeming to just be expensive trinkets without any real hint of.... really, anything human put into them.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2017, 6:21 pm

Takumi by the end of the sorting seemed to look like he understood exactly why Rin wanted to leave when the packages came in. He saw that not one of these gifts was in any way showing that the sender cared. Not about Rin, anyway. The sheer volume really did show how much every single one of the suitors cared about the Toromaki part that in his honest opinion didn't really matter. He, he realised, would never understand nobility. Not fully, at any rate.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2017, 6:27 pm

Rin was taking a physical inventory of everything that wasn't from family, at this point, writing down everything and mentally divvying out what would be donated and what would end up on an auctioneer's list. By the end of this, she could probably have a college fund for at least one, maybe two people. Maybe even to Yale. Shaking her head, she looked to him with a crooked, exhausted smile. "Ready to eat?"
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2017, 6:37 pm

"Very." Takumi said while taking a last look at the art which was sent to Rin. Even having seen how no thought was put into anything, he looked for something that maybe was the opposite. He didn't look too hard, though. He quite soon left everything well alone and went to Rin's side, ready to follow as usual.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2017, 6:38 pm

She nodded, massaging her temples after setting down her clipboard. In silence, she made her way to the dining room only to discover that they were early. Rin wasn't about to rush the staff, but she was certainly disappointed in her mental clock.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2017, 6:47 pm

The fact that food wasn't ready didn't seem to phase the weapon too much. The task of sorting gifts was tedious and that meant he wasn't surprised that Rin would think it was later than it really was. Takumi simply sat down in his usual seat to wait.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2017, 7:00 pm

Her phone came out in an automatic action that she wasn't fully conscious of. Instead of returning it, however, she set about putting her focus on the list of messages pending in her various inboxes. She offered a simple acknowledgement to her mother that she'd received the plethora of packages but went no further in her response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)   Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E) - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toromaki, Party of Two! (Painters, Arc/Lani; E)
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next