Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arrival in Death City (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Arrival in Death City (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2013, 3:43 am

{ OoC: While this is open, if there are already 3 people, including me, please don't join. I don't want to get too bogged down with people. Thanks! ^^ }

Jessie had only just arrived in Death City. She could already see the silly looking building that the meisters learned in. Fortunately, she had the foresight to activate soul protect before coming into the city. The point was simple, it desguised her soul and made it near impossible to tell she was a witch. As it was, it was the only thing that made the fact obvious perhaps. Jessie wore no witch clothing. What she did wear was a white and chocolate brown skirt, and a matching shirt. Her shoes were simple, and much the same color scheme. In general her clothing colors tended to match the favored fur colors she had in ferret form. But more specifically, they matched her chocolate brown hair and eyes. The latter were more luminous than normal human eyes, but not enough to arouse suspicions. A small breeze blew the skirt, which was just barely low enough to get below her knees. Jessie ran a hand up to her face and pushed away some of her shoulder length hair as she looked around with a smile. Despite the silly looking building of Shibusen, it was an interesting city to be sure. As she walked down the streets a multi colored ferret poked it's cute head out from a small backpack she was wearing with what little stuff she had in it. She was barely in Death City, having walked a fair ways to get here. The ferret climbed out until it was sitting on the backpack, then waited untill it deemed the time as right, and climbed onto her shoulders, climbing up and laying with it's feet and tail on one side of her neck, and it's head poking out next to her chin on the other side. "Aren't you just so cute Garret!" Jessie said happily to it as she stroked it gently with one hand.

Garret always went with her everywhere. He had been with her for his entire life, a total of 23 years. Now one sho knew his age might ask how a ferret could be so old, and yet look so young and healthy. The secret? Garret was fer familiar. It wasn't at all uncommon for witches to have a familiar. A Familiar is an animal of sorts, who has a special bond with the witch, and gains magical energy from it. Whether that was the official definition or not, didn't matter to her. In truth, Garret was a ferret. And Jessie loved Garret the ferret. But Garret the ferret wasn't always a ferret. Because sometimes Garret the ferret wasn't a ferret, but just a plain Garret! Garret could take on a human form, but other than living far longer than he should, and perhaps being as smart as any human, he was still a ferret. Garret  nuzzled her cheek before climbing back into a standing position. Without waiting for her to stop he started climbing down her shoulder, and ended up laying on his belly right below Jessie's breasts as she held her arm to her belly to keep him from falling. With a smile, she simply reached down and ticked him, resulting in some happy sounds, Dooking. Jessie continued stroking his belly while she continued walking. Her next thoughts for the evening were how to best obtain food and water, and preferably not sleeping in an alley. Though she was used to that if it came to it. And once again her coffers were empty. No money. But she was here! Worst came to worst she would steal some food and sleep in her animal form tonight. But she had time, at least 3 hours before sundown, maybe 4 if she was lucky.

Arrival in Death City (Open) Ferret

Last edited by Jessie on December 31st 2013, 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2013, 3:56 am

There was no school today and Rathium was under a tree near the street,a manga in his hand.The bandaged giant quietly read as people,cars,and birds went by.He was well enough accepted and was already writing a book on meisers and weapons for his library.He let out a silent,fangirl-ish squeel at the thought.He sighed however,not able to find another witch or warlok kind enough to befriend him.It's not like he had hundreds of friends.Hell,he has made more conversation with the janitor than the other students.As he read,his eyes began drooping.He didn't exactly sleep last night due to the fact of homework and writing.The fact he accidentally lifted his soul protect didn't help.Finally,he went limp and fell asleep.Though he still held the manga,he silent breathed as he finally relaxed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2013, 4:29 am

Jessie smiled as a warm breeze came past, moving the fabric of her skirt and shirt into gentle ripples, and caressing her hair softly. Jessie was quite content with the wind. It was perhaps her favorite element. There was just something about the wind that felt both powerful and gentle at once. The way it could howl and gale, and yet be as calm and loving as a parent giving you a gentle hug. Jessie continued stroking Garret's belly, quickly resulting him him grabbing her hand with his feet and hands, and licking it thoroughly. Jessie giggled to herself as she walked. To many it would  be confusing. He was as smart as a person, but he acted like a ferret. Jessie found no problems with that. He was a ferret after all. And when Jessie took that form she didn't act human. But then, before she could start thinking in that direction any more, she spotted someone sitting agaisnt a tree. This person was covered in bandages. But what was more important, he had a witch soul. She could sense it, being a witch herself. Why wasn't it being hidden? She didn't know if it had already been found out or not, but it seemed she should have the manners to alert him, for he seemed to be dozing. Jessie sped up her walk a bit and approached him. He was Huge! He must be over 7 feet tall! Jessie got over to him, and knocked gently on his bandaged shoulder. Trying to avoid hurting him if he was full-body wounded or something. Then again, surely he wouldn't be just walking around. "Hey! Wake up and hide or something!" Jessie said this in a voice that wasn't over loud, trying to aim fer voice at him without being too quiet to wake him, or being loud enough to alert others. Meisters might already be on there way possibly. Garret climbed up her upper arm and went back to resting on her shoulder, freeing her other arm and hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2013, 4:37 am

Rathium teased slightly at the touch and voice.His dull purple eyes slowly fluttered open,looking directly into the eyes of woman.She was obviously shorter but seemed older."Wha.....forgive me madam,I seemed to have dozed off before I could hear what you said..."Rathium said tiredly.He rubbed his eyes with one hand and noticed he was still holding the manga.He quickly closed it,blushing lightly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2013, 7:19 pm

Jessie had to wonder why he was leaving his soul exposed in the first place. A witch failing to hide themselves in death city was like a meister just walking into the home of a witch coven. It was stupid. Besides that you typically had to say a series of words to undo a soul protect, so it surely wasn't just an accident. So why was he not hiding himself? Did he have a deal with death and his meisters? Jessie didn't know if that was even possible. What little she knew came from witches mostly, and she wasn't sure if their rather negative views of the Shibusen were biased or not. She wasn't sure on why the meisters even wanted to kill witches, aside from the fact that supposedly weapons needed a witch soul for some reason. As it was, Jessie traveled all over the world, buut was perhaps most ignorant of the place that really mattered: Death City. Garret moved on her shoulder before placing his front paws on her head just below her ears. He then proceeded to stick his nose as far in her ear as she could and sniff around. Jessie broke out into giggles feeling the wet nose. "Your soul is exposed!" She spoke with barely more than a whisper. Garret then m oved and started nuzzling her cheek. With a smile she reached up and stroked the playful ferret named Garret. Jessie only caught a little bit of the thing he held, manga. Jessie had read some herself to help kill boredom, not that she had any currently. Again Jessie had to take a strong moment to think on his odd bandages. Why was he so bandaged. Perhaps he was not normal looking? Many witches had some traits of their animal form, perhaps his bandages hid that? As he hadn't reacted as if in pain, she assumed her touch hadn't hurt him, so he probably wasn't very wounded. Garret started sniffing around in her hair, and crossed over to her other shoulder. "What are you reading?" She asked in friendly tones, in a voice that was slightly louder than normal. Why? Simple, it would look odd for her to just come wake this giant up only to stand there saying nothing, at least from other peoples point of view. Better make some kind of conversation to avoid drawing attention. Hopefully this way people would just dismiss it as her talking to a friend and not delve for deeper reasons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2013, 10:44 pm

Rathium suddenly awakened fully upon hearing his protection was down.He instantly lifted up his hand,forming a gestureand mumbled a series of words.After he said the last word,his soul was once again protected.He then looked up,hearing her question."Nothing..."He said,blushing,looking away.He then snapped out of it and looked at the woman."It's not safe to talk here...come."He said,getting up and motioning her to follow him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2013, 11:56 pm

He seemed to fully wake up once she said that. And it was not really surprising at all why he would wake up, after all, considering where he was letting his guard down was quite a huge risk. There could already be meisters come out of the wood-works if someone with soul perception had spotted him. But she didn't want to think about that, as she was near him she might garner attention as well, despite her soul being protected. Garret was still busy playing with her hair, and Jessie stroked him again, what little she could reach without going out of his way. "Nothing..." Jessie wondered what was bad about reading manga. Unless perhaps it was something she hadn't heard about and was perverted or something. In the end, she dismissed his seeming embarrassment. All the effort of blushing over something like that. It just seemed not something to get bothered about. But then he started to get up. "It's not safe to talk here...come." Well that at least made sense. Jessie smiled and moved some hair away from her face as he got up. She began to follow him as she motioned for her to follow. Garret was more than used to riding on her shoulders while she walked, this wasn't even a small problem for him. Another slight breeze blew and again Jessie paused mentally to enjoy the feel. But then mroe pressing matters came to mind. Where was he taking her to? She wasn't sure and considering the fact that Death literally lived in the city, it was only reasonable that this fact make her nervous. But she tried not to speak as they walked, avoiding drawing any more attention than was needed. Then again, he was surely over 7 feet tall. It was not easy for him to avoid unnecessary attention, and the bandages only increased how much he stood out. Despite that, even though nervous she didn't really show it much. Jessie was always a rather carefree person. She only was serious when lives depended on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2014, 12:26 am

They soon arrived at Rathium's house,which was in the middle of a abandoned neighborhood.He opened the front door and went inside,revealing a remarkbly clean and organized house,in contrast to the rest of the broken down neighborhood.He walked quietly inside and flicked on the light.The inside was fairly large,much larger than one would think judging by the outside.He placed his manga on the table and motioned her to come in."So....you are a witch also?"He asked,half in curiosity,half in silent excitment.Finally,another witch who he could share his company with.He already was getting ideas on what they could do,but he quickly pushed them out,focusing on the topic at hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2014, 2:52 am

Despite some growing nervousness, Jessie's expression only grew more and more curious and confused as they proceeded towards an abandoned neighborhood. Why was he taking her to an abandoned neighborhood. Her curiosity was winning the battle against nervousness. And then he opened up a door and walked inside, motioning her to come in as well. It was so...clean! the outside of the neighborhood looked neglected but inside was anything but. And with the light it was larger than what she would guess. Perhaps it was the lack of clutter that helped make it seem bigger. Neatness had a habit of doing that sometimes. "So....you are a witch also?" Jessie wondered why he seemed excited. Perhaps he didn't see many other witches. That make sense, this wasn't a witch friendly city at all with the Shibusen so close. It was rare perhaps for a witch to note him even if in here in all likelihood. "Yeah. No point denying that much I guess, considering few people would go out of their way to tell a witch their protection is gone." Jessie put some thought into it as Garret started walking around her shoulders more, nuzzling Jessie's cheek. "Is it...safe to release soul protect here?" She felt the urge to release it and play around a little. Hiding everything and seeming like an average person wasn't much fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2014, 12:34 am

"Yeah. No point denying that much I guess, considering few people would go out of their way to tell a witch their protection is gone."Rathium let out a polite chuckle at that.It was obvious.Besides,why would a meiser warn him in the first place.Rathium thought about it for a moment.Why WOULD a meiser tell him?It was a legit question.He broke out of this thought when the woman spoke again."Is it...safe to release soul protect here?"Rathium nodded."We are on the outskirts of Death city.Not many can sense us here.Those that do come usually give up looking,given how this place is abandoned."Rathium explained."Excuse me for not properly introducing myself."He said,getting up."I am Rathium Byzantine."He said with a rather,sophisticated bow.He sat back down,picking the manga from the table and setting it to his side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2014, 1:13 am

Jessie smiled to herself as he seemed to chuckle at big. She wondered again how his protection had come down. Usually you had to purposefully deactivate it, and in the mean time it was constantly active. How did it just slip down on him. She wasn't sure on that and wasn't going to ask. "We are on the outskirts of Death city.Not many can sense us here.Those that do come usually give up looking,given how this place is abandoned." He had said it was fine to release soul protect here, which was nice to hear. Now it was largely a matter of trust. "Soul Protect, Release" She muttered the words largely. Often a similar phrase was the key to releasing soul protect. But it didn't matter really, how he came to be released. With the barrier hiding her soul wavelength gone, she felt more free than with it protecting her. She hated hiding it, but any witch knew enough to protect their soul in such a place as this. Jessie smiled brightly, thinking as he spoke again. "Excuse me for not properly introducing myself." He started to get up, and Jessie realized she had failed to do the exact same thing really. "I am Rathium Byzantine." Jessie smiled at him, then assumed a more formal posture. The bow had amused her, and she would return the overly formal greeting herself."Sorry I seem to have neglected that as well. My name is Jessie Heaton." Jessie performed a semi-elegant curtsy. The reason for the lack of great elegance was simple, two things affected it. Firstly, her face showed some slight amusement at the formality, and Garret had been in the process of trying to climb onto her head.

Jessie nearly stumbled, but manage to hold her balance and easily catch the falling ferret after he came tumbling down her head. "And this is Garret." Jessie smiled openly and stroked the ferret, before setting it down on the ground, where it promptly stood on it's hind legs, and did something that would probably startle the heck out of any non witch. Garret transformed, taking a human form. Garret stood a total of 5 feet 10 inches tall, and featured blue eyes and short brown hair. As far as clothing went, there wasn't anything but some jeans and a black shirt. Typical shoes. As for how the clothing got there, it was simple. He was a magic creature. That kind of thing wasn't uncommon to see where witches were involved. Jessie reached up and patted his head the way you would pat the head of a pet. Garret didn't seem to mind at all. Why? Human form or no, being smarter than any ferret, he was still a ferret really. Jessie began muttering a string of words, it was fairly short, and all of them seeming to rhyme with ferret. And in the space of those few seconds, found herself growing the ears and tail of a ferret, as well as a liberal full body coating of fur. Why? Because she felt like it. That was all that was needed. Jessie didn't like to stay in one form very long. Jessie grabbed her new tail and played with it in her hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2014, 1:35 am

Rathium nodded as she introduced both of them."It's a pleasure to meet you!"He said happily.When he finished the sentence,the ferret transformed.Rathium was slightly surprised at first,but it quickly when away,remembering some witches have familiars.Jessie reached up and patted his head,which Rathium found actually rather cute.She then began to chant a spell quietly,Rathium almost eagerly watching.She grew a ferret tail,ferret ears,and ferret fur.She then played with her tail.Rathium was surprised to say the least.Witches can do that?He then looked at his own,bandaged hand,thinking.He stopped,however,and returned his attention to Jessie."Excuse me for asking,but why are you in Death City?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2014, 2:43 am

Jessie smiled as he seemed to take it well. Some people found it odd that she did such things. But then again, she wasn't of the opinion being able to take an animal form was rare. Considering witches always had a connection to a type of animal, taking on qualities of it seemed like a basic type of magic. Then again, why bother taking on such traits at all? For Jessie, she simply liked keeping her form relative. That meant she changed it all the time. She could take on all kinds of traits, whatever seemed good at the moment, and change back easily. Simply said, Jessie didn't view her human form as her "default" form. She was equally comfortable in all forms she took, including transforming entirely into a ferret. "It's a pleasure to meet you!" Now some might say it was rude to sit unless invited to sit down, but frankly, Garret was a magical familiar that came from a ferret, you couldn't expect him to be formal and proper. And Jessie couldn't imagine why sitting down would anger someone, so frankly she saw no reason not to sit down on a couch. (You told me about the furniture in chat.) It wasn't like she was dirty or would get it dirty by sitting. Potentially rude? Yes. But Jessie, being a witch, missed some lessons about right and wrong, and perhaps mroe importantly in this situation, etiquette. For these reasons, both Garret and Jessie sat down without invitation, looking as if they didn't know that in some societies that might be considered rude. "Excuse me for asking,but why are you in Death City?" Jessie pondered that for a while. "I guess largely it's curiosity. I mean, I know about Death and his meisters. But my own detailed source of information comes from other witches, so for all I know they skewed the story. I'm just a hands on girl." And that was the truth. She wasn't some great scholar. She figured things out for herself whenever possible. Jessie leaned agiasnt garret, who pressed a hand to her shoulders. It took only a couple minutes, and already the roles were being reversed a bit, with him petting her fur, and her smiling brightly and contentedly. It could be odd to see this transition happen, but it didn't bother her in the least. No one understood how good having fur stroked could feel if they didn't have any themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2014, 2:58 am

"I guess largely it's curiosity. I mean, I know about Death and his meisters. But my own detailed source of information comes from other witches, so for all I know they skewed the story. I'm just a hands on girl."Rathium suddenly grew giddy."I can tell you of the meisers,I go to DMWA for schooling and I am currently writing a book on meisers and weapons."He said with excitement/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2014, 10:29 pm

Jessie smiled contentedly as Garret continued his idle stroking of her fur. She wondered what the big deal was. Was seeing another witch that rare here? She expected the witches would have spies here or something. Then again, this wasn't a matter of just seeing another witch. Witches usually had soul protect on at all times here no doubt, and probably didn't stand out. She had made her status known when she had helped him out with his soul protect going on. Perhaps that was what was most unusual. Jessie tilted her head to the side slightly, a motion that made her curiosity clear as he began to speak. "I can tell you of the meisers,I go to DMWA for schooling and I am currently writing a book on meisers and weapons." He was a student there? How did he just become a student there? Were they not hunting witches down to fuel their weapons growth? Or perhaps she was more badly informed than she could have imagined. Her ferret ears perked up at the talk of him being a student, the tail making motions that nearly screamed "curiosity." Then there was the fact that he was writing a book on them! He was going to write a book on the meisters and weapons? Now one could not say such things without causing a half hundred questions to come bubbling up into her head.

"But I thought they killed witches. You have been able to avoid detection the whole time?" Her voice managed to convey the tones of both great curiosity, and some degree of awe, at the same time. "Or was I told wrongly and they don't kill witches? If they do, how did you stay undetected this whole time? I would have thought that Death would have some way to see through soul protect or something...being that he's...well...Death. You are really writing a book about them?" Questions came bursting forth out of Jessie's mouth long before she could put up some resistance and fasten it firmly shut. Garret patted her head with the same motion Jessie had done to him a mere minute ago. Jessie's new tail and ears perked in excited curiousity. She looked every bit the over-excited and eager to explore pet, despite having human arms, legs, head, etc. Garret seemed to pat her gently and pull her back a bit, more emotionally than physically, further reversing their typical roles, he seemed to try to calm her down as if she was the excited pet ready to play for the next 10 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2014, 11:10 pm

Rathium saw the confusion and curiostiy on her face,even before she said anything."But I thought they killed witches. You have been able to avoid detection the whole time?"Or was I told wrongly and they don't kill witches? " A sad look formed on Rathium's face as he heard the question."Yes...unfortnately..."He said quietly."If they do, how did you stay undetected this whole time? I would have thought that Death would have some way to see through soul protect or something...being that he's...well...Death. You are really writing a book about them?""Well...."He began."I never met Death nor have seen him.."He repiled,looking away in slight embarrassment."You are really writing a book about them?" Rathium perked up at this question,a smile forming behind the bandages."Yes!I am,I am almost finished also."He said then got up and motioned her to follow him,leading her to a door.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2014, 12:12 am

"Yes...unfortnately..." Jessie deflated a bit at those words. They did kill witches. Why? She had never been really clear on that. She knew the effects on their weapons but surely killing witches just to power up a weapon was beyond simply amoral. Then again, Jessie mostly knew of the Shibusen from other witches, and witches could be quite biased against something that was sworn to killing them, understandably. But that naturally led to the question "why would anyone want to kill me?" And while it was true one couldn't call her harmless, she wasn't a murderer. About the worst of her sins was theft. Naturally this became a personal issue, as they killed witches, she was a witch, therefore, logically, they wanted to kill her. Her ears flicked and the tail died down as she contemplated that, looking like a pet who was trying to figure out why it's owner had kicked it. But then he moved on to other topics. "Well...." He hesitated and Jessie's mind was stuck in race-car mode, one could clearly and easily note her ADHDness by the way she seemed to change emotions and gestures with ease, and was distracted from one string of emotions by another. "I never met Death nor have seen him.." Didn't death live at the Shibusen? Jessie would think that anyone who was a student at the place where Death literally lived would have seen him. Then again, he had good reason to go out of his way not to be seen by Death.

Her mind was winding up again when Garret put a gentle hand on her shoulder and pulled her softly back, into a more normal sitting position. It was a simple gesture, but gave the feel of a person pulling a leash to reign in an overly excited puppy trying to jump up and lick a guest. Jessie didn't even think about it, and obeyed the touch, sitting back and calming her mind down a bit. "Yes!I am,I am almost finished also." He was nearing finished with the book? This did nothing to help reign in her easily amused mind, which was already starting to rev up once again. He motioned for her to follow as he got up, and she stool, her tail shaking excitedly. Garret stood as well, throwing an arm over her shoulders, keeping his hand on her other shoulder, slightly restraining, not to much physically as mentally. "Wow, I don't think I could write a book about anything, that's impressive that you can!" Once again her tone carried both curiosity and a measure of awe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2014, 1:07 am

"Wow, I don't think I could write a book about anything, that's impressive that you can!"Though hidden,his smile grew wider behind his bandages.Rathium opened the door and the room was revealed.The room itself was quite large,which shelves hiding the walls and reaching the ceiling.The shelves were decorated with volumes upon volumes of books."Some of these are my creation.The ones that aren't I have read multiple times."He said as he walked into the room rather non-chalantly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2014, 1:36 am

Jessie continued to follow ihm as he proceeded towards whatever destination he had in mind. It wasn't long before Jessie he reached some closed doors, and opened them, revealing the room. It was big, and filled with shelves. And each shelf was holding books. Jessie took a moment to look around, registering the entire room, and it was quite impressive. Jessie would stop to ask how one could possibly read them all multiple times, but then again, he was a witch. Witches could live virtually forever, assuming nothing violent or unforeseen happened to take their lives. That gave one quite a lot of time in which to accomplish things they had a mind to do. Jessie herself was over 200 years old, and that wasn't at all old for a witch, heck it could be considered reasonably young. So perhaps him having read so many books wasn't nearly as surprising to her as it would be to a non-witch. Garret still walked with her, his arm thrown casually over her shoulders, his hand still in contact with the opposing shoulder. "Some of these are my creation.The ones that aren't I have read multiple times." Jessie wasn't too surprised about him being an author of other books. If he was writing one now, then surely he could have written one before. "Wow, there are so many." Jessie spoke like a small child, a sort of revernce entering her voice at the sight of so many books, let alone that he had read them all. Her tail started wagging excitedly as she looked around, making her resemble an excited pet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2014, 12:44 am

Rathium smiled behind his bandages.He walked up to one of them and pulled out a random book."I wrote this one while I was in China."He said proudly.The book was titled 'Farming Techniques of the World.'He handed her the book,looking quite proudly as he did so."Forgive me for asking but....how old are you and do you have a place to stay?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2014, 1:21 am

Jessie could tell that he seemed quite content amongst the books. And that made great since, after all he claimed to write books. And perhaps if anything gave you a right to be so content near them, it was being a writer. He seemed to pick a book entirely at random and look at it, before speaking. "I wrote this one while I was in China." He handed it to her porudly, as if letting her examine a trophy, which amused her to a degree. Then she saw the title of the book, and seemed to wilt a little, some excitement dying. Farming? Jessie had no knowledge of farming. She could plant stuff, and you know, do the obvious, but knew none of the intricacies. Any idiot knows how to plant seeds, and that you should fertilize them, and water them. She knew what any idiot with a gram of common sense could deduce. Unfortunately however, she had no real interest in farming. As such, her curiosity and interest was dulled by the rather boring subject of the book. She expected a witch to write things more...interesting? But then he was speaking again, so she looked up at him, trying to hide her loss of excitement. Garret was watching this all with no real expression at all, fairly stoic. "Forgive me for asking but....how old are you and do you have a place to stay?" Jessie thought that one over for a second, as if not entirely sure, or taking her time. "I am 234 years old" She said this with no hesitation, as if not at all put off by the question. It wasn't something she found rude. Especially when one considered how little if any witches aged in their long lives. "As for where I am staying, no where really...I just kinda walked into the city today to explore, and figure it out a bit. I am not a hugely planning type of person..." Jessie resumed some of her excitement from before, getting back up to her previous energy, before opening the book idly. Just because it said it was about farming, didn't meant it really was. She would look and see.

{I am sorry, but could you please lengthen the posts a little? It is hard for me to reply to posts that small, it kinda tends to kill my muse.}
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2014, 1:34 am

"I am 234 years old"She said,as if it was common sense.Rathium's eyes widened largely in surprise."I'm only 15...."He said in a quiet and shy voice."As for where I am staying, no where really...I just kinda walked into the city today to explore, and figure it out a bit. I am not a hugely planning type of person..."Rathium perked up at this,his mind wandering for a few moments."You know......You can stay here if you like...I have extra rooms."He said,shy once more.A slight blush formed on his cheeks due to the situation....and feeling like a total idiot for asking that question.He eventually went back to the doorway and motioned her to follow him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2014, 9:01 pm

Se seemed surprised, and that was news to Jessie. She didn't think of herself as particularly old, in fact she knew others far far far older. So it was amusing to see such a reaction to her age. "I'm only 15...." That was a surprise. She had expected him to be much older, considering the fact that he claimed to have written a goodly amount of these books. She found it hard to imagine a 15 year old was capable of writing a book, let alone writing so many. Let lone with some of them on such a boring subject as farming. She couldn't imagine a 15 year old having the mental discipline to keep focus on such a boring subject as farming, and research it enough to write a book on it. It was hard to imagine. Then again, Jessie wasn't a writer, and had little mental discipline. "You know......You can stay here if you like...I have extra rooms." Jessie paused for a moment, considering. You see while that might be very awkward for a great many people, Jessie didn't really see it as what many would. Others would see that as a random stranger offering to let you stay the night. That was pretty close to the truth. But it didn't bother Jessie as much as it would a normal person. There were reasons for that. Largely? She didn't have the same typical views on what was embarrassing or awkward. Jessie was busy thinking about the offer, not sure how long she was going to be in the city. But before she came up with any kind of answer, he motioned her forwards. Jessie put the book gently down, and followed him, thinking. "Thanks for the offer..." Jessie wasn't sure if she was going to take him up on it though. But she decided to follow him anyway. Garret went with her, arm still thrown over her shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in Death City (Open)   Arrival in Death City (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrival in Death City (Open)
Page 1 of 1