Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kishins and Souls

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Knight Guy
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Knight Guy

Kishins and Souls Empty
PostSubject: Kishins and Souls   Kishins and Souls I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2014, 1:45 am

Now, this just to be blunt. Although we technically have no real Kishins in the soul eater forum, its about time we a least determine a number of how many souls they need to become one, as its never specified. SO, I'm making this topic to post ideas for what the Kishin soul number can be, it will probably be a long time before we get a real Kishin, but chances are it may happen. So I will begin by saying 1000 souls. You can post your soul suggestions in this topic but be reasonable, and once we get enough number ideas, we'll hold a poll to see if anyone approves or disapproves so we can get the right idea of what we should be working with. So...1000 souls! Post your number!
Back to top Go down

Kishins and Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kishins and Souls   Kishins and Souls I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2014, 1:48 am

1000 is too much,most would eventually get borad.plus,that means they would have atleast 200 powers.I say keep it bareable.150-200 souls
Back to top Go down

Kishins and Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kishins and Souls   Kishins and Souls I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2014, 1:50 am

I was the first to suggest 1000 so that's my suggestion
Back to top Go down

Kishins and Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kishins and Souls   Kishins and Souls I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2014, 2:37 am

I'd say 150 too. Maybe just 100.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

Kishins and Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kishins and Souls   Kishins and Souls I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2014, 8:02 am

That's how many it takes to be a death scythe or demon blade, of which we have many. I'm gonna say at least 5-800 souls
Back to top Go down

Kishins and Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kishins and Souls   Kishins and Souls I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2014, 1:14 pm

I'd put it at between 2-300. By the time you get to 200 (assuming you're thinking up abilities for every 20 souls or so) then you'll already have a minimum of 10 seperate abilities, each potentially powering up as you go along. With that ammount of power, you might as well already be considered a full Kishin. Especially since not a single character on the site has managed to reach a full 200-300 souls yet.
Back to top Go down

Kishins and Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kishins and Souls   Kishins and Souls I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2014, 10:06 pm

That's an important distinction to make. There really are no established guidelines on how abilities for Kishin Egg's work. The only written piece of information that us members have to go on is that an ability needs a min of five to actually be usable (and I've seen a couple apps get approved in spite of this, so I have no idea how true that statement is) and every additional five improves as detailed in the Template.

By "20 souls" per ability, do you mean that was the scale or should that BE the scale, Deth? ^^;
Back to top Go down

Kishins and Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kishins and Souls   Kishins and Souls I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2014, 10:33 pm

To clerify, it doesn't really make much of a difference how many souls your character's starting ability or starting abilities cost, you can use them as long as you have enough souls. And, since you can start off with a maximum of 15 souls, how many souls it takes to get any ability you start out with can be anywhere between 1 and 15.

Like if you started out with 12 souls and you wanted to start out with an ability that fired lazer beams. It doesn't make a difference wether it takes 1 soul to unlock it or 12 souls since, either way, your character will start off with the ability. It's not really necessary for abilities to power up at 5 souls or for them to take 5 souls to make the ability, but it is a good kind-of guideline. You know? As long as the bio isn't overpowered, makes sense, and fits the world, it'll be accepted.

Anyways, when I said 20 souls per ability, that was as an example. There are no real references for how long it takes to unlock each ability, but assuming you get a new ability at 20 souls each time, wich is well within reason, you'd have 10 full abilities at 200 souls and 15 full abilities at 300. Which would already be an INSANE ammount of power! So, in my honest oppinion, at somewhere between 200-300 souls, your character might as well be considered a full-powered Kishin. They would definatly be strong enough for it at that point.

Worst case scenario, you should be able to have the title of full Kishin at 400 souls, since then you would probably have between 15 and 20 abilities, depending on if you're going for 20 or 30 souls per ability on average. And, well, 20 abilities is definatly enough to warrent OP status.

Hope that clears up some confusion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kishins and Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kishins and Souls   Kishins and Souls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kishins and Souls
Page 1 of 1