Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sugestion: Extra souls?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Sugestion: Extra souls? Empty
PostSubject: Sugestion: Extra souls?   Sugestion: Extra souls? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 8:09 pm

It seems to me that there are more Kishen, actual Kishen around then ever before.
It seems a shame to go through the extreme trail of killing one and only have your soul meter go up by a single digit.
Also if one were to Kill a Kieshen egg with 100 souls under its belt and gain the souls equal of a Kishen with 15.
Or to kill a death weapon meister pair and only have two extra souls for all the work.
Should more souls be granted the more souls the target has eaten?
1/4?
1/5?
1/6?
I think this topic could use some discussion.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Sugestion: Extra souls?   Sugestion: Extra souls? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 8:18 pm

Deth suggested something similair, but it's important to note that a major theme throughout the storyline of soul eater is the importance of teamwork. It is very clear in the series that very few of the good guys Are actually capable of defeating most of the villains single-handedly. I think we should try our best to foster that sense of unity soul eater develops. Also, kishin eggs are easier to come by than most people realize. Goons such as arachnophobia members, mobsters, criminals, etc. are pretty easy to introduce via thread just like any other npc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sugestion: Extra souls?   Sugestion: Extra souls? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 10:24 pm

^This. Except Arachnophobia doesn't exist any more. Closest you can get is Inkers Organization.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Sugestion: Extra souls?   Sugestion: Extra souls? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 10:28 pm

D'aawwww, you! Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sugestion: Extra souls?   Sugestion: Extra souls? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 10:51 pm

I'd just like to point one thing out.
Quote :
It is very clear in the series that very few of the good guys Are actually capable of defeating most of the villains single-handedly. I think we should try our best to foster that sense of unity soul eater develops.

If NPC-level masses of Kishin exist on the site, then doesn't that defeat the purpose of trying to make it feel like weapons have a hard time fighting alone? It seems a little counter-intuitive to that goal.

Anyways, I'd like to throw out 2 quick suggestions that was ignored on the other site along the same lines as this one. The first is that the 5-star rating system being expanded to 10 stars with a bit more of a rigid scale. For example, a 10 star mission would be against something close to a Full Kishin, around 5-7 stars would be something around the level of a team or a meister with a Death Scythe. Missions that really shouldn't be easilly beaten by a normal weapon. And, of course, 1-3 stars would be kind-of typical difficulty. Because it does seem a little odd that people were completing missions a star below Nebun-level difficulty (4 stars) on their own.

And the second part, kind-of based on the first one, is that OC Kishin Eggs could be rated based on how many souls they've gathered. IDK what ammount of souls would dictate each rank, but I was thinking it could work about the same way as a normal mission where you gain about ___ many souls per difficulty star. Because, honestly, you deserve a bit of a reward if your Weapon manages to take down an OC Kishin Egg.

Just some thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Sugestion: Extra souls?   Sugestion: Extra souls? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 11:04 pm

I like the first suggestion, and I could really go either way on the other one.

Also, I think they do feel that way, largely because NPC's are one thing, but when you consistently lose 1v1 battles with kishin oc's, it tends to give off that vibe.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Sugestion: Extra souls?   Sugestion: Extra souls? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 11:53 pm

Technically speaking, Sov is referring to Kishin Eggs rather than actual kishins, just to clear that up.

As for your suggestions --- I wholeheartedly agree and understand all of your reasoning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sugestion: Extra souls?   Sugestion: Extra souls? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sugestion: Extra souls?
Page 1 of 1