Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Odd, Oliver

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Odd, Oliver Empty
PostSubject: Odd, Oliver   Odd, Oliver I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2014, 12:23 pm

Kishin eggs

Odd, Oliver Ze2ccc5

Name:
Oliver Odd

Weapon:

Love Interest: Celty Babur

Appearance: Oliver is 5' 6" tall and weighs 115 pounds. He has bland hair and strong squarish facial features, although almost no one ever sees this because he is never without his mask and hood. He has surprisingly well developed muscles for his age though he wears baggy winter clothes so again most never really notice. His eyes are icy blue and his skin is pale white. His lips are slightly blue due to his constantly low body temperature. He has a large pink scar on his forehead in the shape of an X.

Personality: Oliver is very afraid of most people. Not in the sense that he is shy, but he is actually afraid that they will attack him. He was driven completely mad by a traumatic incident and often laughs for no reason or talks to "friends" that do not actually seem to exist. He is very wild, savage, and unpredictable.

History:
Oliver was an orphan who spent most of his childhood picking food out of dumpsters or stealing it. He had always had a rudimentary ability to control the temperature of the air around him, except that he could not change his own temperature, and despite his ability he was still sensitive to the cold. He inherited this ability from his parents who were scientists. They experimented on him since before he was even born and for the first three years of his life until they were killed by a meister that was trying to save Oliver. Unfortunately his parents mortally wounded the meister just before he killed them and Oliver was left standing among the three bodies until he finally wandered out into the street where he has been ever since.
When he was 11 years old he was sitting on the curb outside a small diner on a particularly cold night. The door to the diner opened and a friendly voice called out that he should come inside and warm up. He hesitated only a moment because he could not see inside the dark diner, but it was bitter cold outside so he took the offer.
As soon as he stepped in the door a canvas bag was thrown over his head and he was lifted off his feet by someone that was very strong and not at all gentle. He wanted to scream but the thick sickly smell of vomit inside the bag made him cough and choke. He heard a large door open and he was tossed onto a cold metal floor. He landed on his face and something sharp cut his forehead.
He laid there quietly for a moment, in too much shock to even take the bag off his head. Finally he lifted his pounding head off the floor and pulled the stinking bag off. For a moment his heart dropped because he thought he had gone blind from the blow to his head. Taking the bag off had not revealed anything but more darkness.
After a feeling around the icy cold room for a while Oliver concluded that he was locked in a freezer. He tried banging on the door once but as soon as he did a bitter cold mist of water sprayed him from somewhere. He screamed and laid on the floor crying until it stopped.
Oliver was never able to say how long he was left in the freezer. It was certainly days if not as much as a week. For a long time he only laid on the floor crying and begging to be let out, but after a while his mind began to wander in strange places. The mist of water occasionally sprayed him even though he did not pound on the door anymore. Sometimes he would scream and beg it to stop, but at other, stranger times he would laugh at it or talk to it. It told him that it would stop spraying him if he put the bag back on his head, so he did. The mist lied though and it did not stop spraying him, but he left the bag anyways because he liked the smell. He tore small holes where his eyes were, they did not help at all because there was no light.
Finally after what may as well have been an eternity, the door opened. No one stood on the other side and for several hours Oliver sat on the floor staring at the open door. He was hesitant to leave his new friends. When they finally agreed that they would come with him, he hesitantly peeked out into the diner. It was clearly not being used anymore. It looked old and rundown with broken windows and cobwebs everywhere. It was nighttime outside and he could hear someone standing outside of the window talking in a low voice. He peeked out and found a boy and a girl leaning against the outside of the diner, his diner, making out. They became the first of his many victims...

Abilities:
AbilitiesDescription# of souls  contributed to  the ability
Chilling presenceA Passive ability that causes anyone within a certain proximity (up to 5 feet) to Oliver to become chilled. This could mean a variety of things depending on the strength of the afflicted. A normal person could get severe frostbite within a single post or two, or a strong meister might only get cold and be bit uncomfortable. Oliver can temporarily stop the ability with some effort.5
Ice daggerJust a simple dagger Oliver can form from ice at any time, he can make up to 5 at a time (he can produce another once one of the first three shatters or melts) and use them as throwing weapons if he needs to. 5
Mist Oliver takes on the form of a light icy mist. He can move quickly and unseen in this form. Only a well trained eye would be able to detect anything odd about the mist and even then it would usually only be enough to make them take a second look at most. Oliver is intangible and he has no offensive capabilities in this form. He can move, see, and hear, nothing more. Also is he is touched, he instantly changes back. So if someone swings at him, the first touch will not hurt him but will force him to change back to his normal form.5
AbilityDescription.Souls

Miscellaneous:
Oliver eventually replaced the bag with a Halloween mask. Also he is secretly in love with a weapon girl named Celty Babur. He has never spoken to her but often follows her from a distance and watches her.

Have you read the rules:
I love soul eater!

Last edited by XODARAP on March 18th 2014, 4:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

Odd, Oliver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd, Oliver   Odd, Oliver I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2014, 3:10 pm

My problems:
  • Just because a human was left in a freezer doesn't mean he will gain ice powers-- they'll probably just meet death.

• How could he live through such conditions; no food, no water?

• Why did the person do this to Oliver? I doubt a person would just randomly lock a child in a freezer for no good reason.

• for his first ability, Chilling presence, needs a certain range and cooltime. Also, explain how long it would take for the victim to have frost bites in posts, not minutes.

• For his move Ice dagger, explain the amount he can produce, the cooltime, and the range he can throw them. Also, how big are these daggers?

• I don't know if I like the third ability as much, so I'll talk to some fellow staff members about it.
Back to top Go down

Odd, Oliver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd, Oliver   Odd, Oliver I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2014, 4:22 pm

Approve!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Odd, Oliver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd, Oliver   Odd, Oliver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odd, Oliver
Page 1 of 1