Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2014, 9:37 pm

To Martyn, Ace's soul would merely appear as a white ball flashing around the room. Unlike Ace, it would always be visible, but the speed at which it was moving would prove far too difficult for the human eye to follow. "If you call us thunder and lightning, Kremlin... then I'm certainly not the thunder!" I'm tired of people thinking that they know what I went through... how I lived... WHO I AM! "My name is Ace Toromaki, and it's the only one that you're going to need to remember!" His arm dropped in to a chain and ball once again. "Because in my life, the only answers I received for my questions were pain!"

"Dante, what's wrong with Mother? Answer me!"

"Ace. We're never going to see Mom and Dad again..."

"My hand is a bullet..." Ace appeared at the center of the room, no longer in his psychotic state. At least, it seemed he was normal. Reaching back, as if about to pull a punch, Ace let loose a flurry of punches with his chain. Hitting wildly about Maryn's position. Soon, the dojo wall began to shudder and creek at the damage inflicted by the blows.
Back to top Go down

A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2014, 10:55 pm

"Introductions, huh?!" he managed between Ace's attacks. "I am Martyn- Martyn Deville. I ne- never knew my father! I c-c-carry his sword, one of v-very many hoping to find others. H-his swords, are the closest I-I'll get to understanding him!" Martyn put himself in a bad position, Ace's accuracy was just good enough for him to feel the press of of thumb upon him, and blocking the blows with his sword was too close for comfort so he had to act fast. An incoming swing, he rolled to the right, raising his sword. In the blink of an eye, he stabbed his sword into the floor, caught in a link of Ace's chain. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. Now to take a few pages from Ace's book. He remembered how he hit him with his soul wavelength, and tried to summon his own. Before he knew it, his power shown itself, a small swirling red orb conformed to his hand. The final step, he jumped and launched himself from the wall, hand outstretched.

"I never knew my real name, but before my life is over I'll find it or take my own life!"

If he landed this, it could be over. But should he miss, left defenseless and power used up, he'd have lost for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2014, 10:56 pm

OOC: Everytime there's a "-", that's him defending from an attack
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2014, 11:14 pm

What the hell? This is gonna be one big impact... Ace cleared his mind, thinking to himself quietly while performing hand gestures. He was no ninja, and he didn't even know what they actually meant, he just found it sort of... meditative. Several blows exchanged since combat initiation. Opponent exhaustion: heavy, he's come to a last resort. Opponent damage severity: Not much, Soul Menace skimmed him, and I never landed many real hits... his body is likely sore from the metal wire. Time seemed to slow as the final moments of the match played out.

He's in the air. He won't be able to dodge very well, but I can't try to land a direct hit on him. I'll just end up taking that blow. Close range is out of the question, but.... Pulling on his chain, in order to increase his momentum, Ace bolted to Martyn's sword. At this time, Martyn would be at about the pinnacle of his jump. Ace grabbed the single shuriken that had remain attached to the wall since the early events of the match. Martyn was on his way down now, and Ace was just launching himself in to the air. Heh, doesn't matter how strong an attack is if it can't hit it's target. Speed will always overrule strength. Once Martyn hit the ground, Ace would send a shuriken right in to his back. He'd aim higher, in a real fight, of course, but he wasn't about to kill ANOTHER student.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2014, 11:45 pm

There was no explanation or description vivid and clear enough to describe the shear disappointment displayed by Martyn's countenance as he watched Ace blatantly avoid the only hope he had of finishing the fight ahead. The power of his soul wavelength receded into his hand, he was lucky enough to sustain it for more than 2 seconds. Suddenly most of his energy was just gone, wasted and he crashed hard to the ground, tumbling. He could see Ace heading for his sword, and he turned towards him to look as his opponent could literally rob him of the only thing of meaning in his life. He reached out for it, worried and confused. "Father..."

The shuriken sunk into his shoulder, and blood slowly trickled down his arm. He clenched his fist so tight he thought it might just explode. It was over. He relaxed, and sighed still looking at Ace. He couldn't help but smile. 10 years of training, and he finally met a worthy fighter. "You've cut my arm, I'm bleeding... I concede... You win," Martyn kinda wanted to be happy for him but had trouble even thinking. His soul wavelength stabilized once more. He laid on the floor breathing, and exhausted. "Congrats... you ended my 10 year wining streak."
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2014, 12:41 am

Ace landed firmly on the ground, panting from the earlier damage he'd sustained. "You claimed that this is one of the few things you have left of your father, Martyn. I guess you and I aren't as alike as I thought. I'd never carry something so important to me in to battle, much less leave it where an opponent could easily claim it." Pity coloring his face, Ace shoved the sword in to the ground next to Martyn. "I have my sites set on a real target. You? You're just another obstacle in my way."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2014, 12:58 am

Again he used his sword to help him stand. "Perhaps. But then again you have no idea of my situation, and plans. This target your looking for, have you ever a need for a little assistance, I could stand beside somebody of your caliber." He spoke disregarding Ace's awful words, as if he were used to such verbal mistreatment. "I can see why the DWMA has such great value of you. Your a valorous fighter. It's an honor to make your acquaintance." He pulled his sword out of the ground, and sheathed it again, taking a bow to show Ace his respect.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2014, 1:05 am

Sylas took a moment to study both boys, his eyes turning completely white. He let a brief chuckle slip through, before hammering the blunt end of his axe into the gong. "The winner is Ace Toromaki. Martyn, would you like help to the infirmary?"
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2014, 1:28 am

"No I don't need to go to the infirmary at all. If you have something to say, I'd appreciate if you said it to my face." He said obviously a bit perturbed by Sylas' laughter.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2014, 1:38 am

"Sylas." Ace spoke, disregarding Martyn's words, and looked up at the ceiling. "Place Martyn in the EAT class if he isn't already. Oh, and Martyn... I live in the abandoned mansion in the city. Just in case you need me for something. But if you do... don't." Ace's body returned to normal, and he walked out of the dojo. Just before exiting the door, Ace displayed something he rarely did when not out of spite. Ace gave a sideways smile, directed at Martyn, and kicked open the dojo doors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2014, 2:01 am

OOC: That was a good fight. I think. I guess we can go ahead and say this thread is closed?
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2014, 2:07 am

Sylas quirked an eyebrow at his demand, the look all the creeper due to his pupilless eyes. "Somebody... Is going to have to teach him his place some day..."

Sarah moved to the side as Ace passed her, looking anywhere but at him. He was definitely not someone who's attention she wanted.

OOC: Now it's closed XD
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2014, 2:28 am

OOC: XD can we have Sarah and Ace have a thread sometime? And my god, is her pic the sarah from FF13?
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2014, 9:58 am

OOC: YOU JUST FREAKING NOTICED? Sure, but why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2014, 3:23 am

*Remove*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)   A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Formal Challenge: Ace V.S. Martyn (Open to spectation. Referee: Oblivion)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2