Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2014, 11:06 pm

Aesop stared down at his drink, non-alcoholic of course, trying to hide the grimace on his face. The drinks were good, the music was interesting, and the atmosphere was fun if a little loud. Unfortunately, there was one thing that was irritating him to no end.

He did not work here. At all. Aesop had, for the umpteenth time, to explain to another club goer that he couldn't go behind the bar and fix him a drink. At one point he had a woman scream at him that she was going to get him fired if he didn't get her a drink. Needless to say he was getting annoyed.

Aesop remembered when he sent a picture of his new look to his family. His sister Rosa had joked that he looked like a bartender. He never really gave that comment a second thought until now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 6:43 pm

It was late and Savannah had long since gone to sleep. Akira needed some time alone, just to relax and be by himself. He made his way into the club, stepping up to the bar, and reaching over without a second of hesitation and grabbing a beer bottle. He'd pay for it later. Right now, he just needed the drink. He twisted the cap off and looked around, meeting the eyes of the other patrons, and pushing his hair back off of his forehead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 7:22 pm

Aesop's eyes flickered over to the older boy beside him. He seemed to have a certain intimidating aura to him. A very serious looking man if he did say so himself. He stared back down at his drink, choosing to ignore the boy.

But the reason I came here in the first place was to socialize, he argued with himself. He turned to the man. His hand rested casually on the barstool.

"So, are you from the DWMA, Sir?" Aesop asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 7:24 pm

Akira looked up, surprised that anyone had spoken to him, "Hmm..? I suppose so. I'm not enrolled, but I'm living on campus with my meister." He explained, "Akira Hiyashi. I just arrived earlier this week from Japan."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 7:41 pm

"Oh? That's odd, I didn't know weapons could do that," Aesop remarked with interest, "I'm Aesop Fable, a weapon as well. I live off campus. It's a pleasure to meet you Mister Akira." He held out his hand to the other boy. This guys voice was a lot less intimidating than his appearance, Aesop noted with relaxing shoulders.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 7:47 pm

Akira looked down at the gesture, this must be one of the American things he hadn't quite grasped yet. He held out his hand in a similar fashion, "Nice... to meet you too." He definitely seemed confused. American traditions were not something he focused on learning. He was trained not to blend in, but to protect and serve the Fukui family. Handshakes were not in his curriculum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 8:02 pm

Aesop felt a little guilty to admit that he was relieved that Akira seemed just as uncertain as he was. He took the man's hand and shook it.

"What brings you here to Death City if not to enroll in the DWMA?" He enquired. It was just a question to keep the conversation going. But then again, that was a pretty good question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 8:12 pm

"I might enroll. I've not decided yet." he shrugged, "Family business. It's... complicated, but in Japan it's fairly common to use your children as currency to settle debts. One of those situations." He looked the boy over curiously, "Why did you guess I was from the academy? Had you seen me around? I don't recognize you at all."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 8:22 pm

He was being used to settle a debt? The implications were rather disturbing. Though judging by his calm demeanor, Akira didn't seem to mind the situation to much. That, or he was just being oblivious as per usual.

"Oh, to be honest I was just taking a shot in the dark," Aesop admitted, giving a small laugh, "A fit-looking teen in Death City, the odds seemed good to me. I'm actually fairly new here, Mister Akira. So I haven't met many people yet."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 8:26 pm

He chuckled a bit, "You and me both." He took a large swig from his beer, "I don't get out much. I'm more or less a full time bodyguard." The words sounded annoyed, tinged with a touch of resentment. Everyone here seemed so free and relaxed. He couldn't even fall asleep at night when he wished. So he snuck out at night and drank his troubles. Seemed like a perfectly American way to deal with things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 8:46 pm

"And I'm assuming that you don't like being a bodyguard?" Aesop asked, taking notice of the man's irritability. Was being a bodyguard part of the debt he was supposed to settle? He did say he came here to settle a debt. If he was spending all of his time guarding someone it made sense that one had to do with the other.

It took him a moment to notice that Akira was drinking actual alcohol. He must be older than he looks. Hopefully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 9:18 pm

He shook his head, "Not really, if we're being honest here."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 11:34 pm

Aesop frowned, "Is there anything specific that you dislike about your job? Perhaps there's way to make it, if not good, a little easier."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2014, 12:04 am

He shrugged, "Eh. My charge isn't too bad at least. She's easy on the eyes, too."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2014, 12:53 am

"Oh, that's how it is, hm?" Aesop grinned slyly. The polite and reserved behavior he had been portraying before had suddenly vanished.

"I can picture it now," he sighed wistfully, "A brave and noble guard has become obligated to protect the beautiful maiden. It's like something out of a fairytale. How romantic..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2014, 2:12 am

Akira snorted, "Did the romantic story mention the maiden being a nymphomaniac?" he shook his head, sipping from his beer again, "It's someone new every week. Sometimes guys, usually girls... It's hard to keep watch over someone who locks their door and makes noises akin to screaming every night. You can never tell when she's in danger and when she's just having really rough sex."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2014, 4:17 am

"I can... Imagine... How that might... Be difficult... F-for you, Mister Akira," Aesop struggled to get his words out. He was having difficulty playing the refined man while his instincts as an immature young teenager kicked in. It was very difficult to respond without stifling a bout of laughter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2014, 10:39 am

Akira chuckled, "You're allowed to laugh, you know. It's ridiculous and funny all at once."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2014, 3:00 pm

"It is pretty funny," Aesop agreed, "I just wish I could have had a more dignified reaction."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2014, 11:13 am

Akira rolled his eyes, "I've had enough of dignified this last week. I'm pretty ready to be uncivil."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2014, 2:47 pm

"You know what they say," Aesop shrugged, "To each his own."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2014, 3:59 pm

Akira finished the beer off, tossing the bottle in the trash, "Yeah, well... I'm not too familiar with American phrasing." he chuckled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2014, 4:42 pm

Jet rolls over to the two and says "Hey Aesop."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2014, 5:22 pm

Aesop chuckled, "Word to the wise, America has a lot of sayings that don't make sense." He turned in surprise to the newcomer.

"Oh! Mister Jet, fancy seeing you here," he smiled, "Mister Akira, have you met Mister Jet?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2014, 6:02 pm

Akira shook his head, "No I have not. Nice to meet you, I suppose. I'm Akira Hiyashi."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)   Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorry, I Don't Work Here (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next