Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) Empty
PostSubject: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2014, 8:20 pm

Scott waited for Jago just before the sun was about to come up at 6:00 AM. He was holding two cups of coffee, one for him and one for his pupil/victim who would be here any minute now. He sat on the large seemingly imovable stone wraped in a rope harness that he was going to carry up the steps yesterday but had to save a kids life instead. Don't you hate when that happens? Well today he also brought a pair of modiefeid homemade legweights that looked like the weighed a couple pounds but after a few dozen steps up the staircase you'll wish they weighed a couple pounds. Scott would like to think he had no intention of causing any undue harm or stress to Jago but in reality he was finally going to get back at life for the three years he wasted becoming an almost superhuman level althlete in highschool karate...
He took another sip of his coffee and was glad he wasn't stuck with a more tragic backstory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2014, 8:47 pm

Jago walked to the bottom of the large staircase which was the place-of-meeting for his morning training session with his new friend, Scott. The bottom of the stairs rested on a small platform with three very wide streets protruding from the East, West, and South. The roads were slanted at an angle, so he couldn't see the massive guy standing in front of the staircase, holding two steaming cups of coffee until he was about 30 yards away. It was only a few minutes past six o'clock and the infamous 'Laughing Sun' could be seen peeking its eyes above the outskirts of Nevada's desert in an almost creeper sort of fashion. Jago decided he would be on time for this, not only because he knew Scott would be more relentless if he were late, but also that he wanted to get into shape so that he could find a new weapon partner. "Hey, Scott! Sorry I'm a few minutes late!" Jago jogged the rest of the 30 yards to his friend while his stomach gave a slight jiggle with each step.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2014, 8:57 pm

"Thats alright, here drink your coffee and we'll get warmed up."
If Jago were to try the coffee he would find it tasted slightly better than freshly baked chocklet chip cookies and had enough caffeen that once you had finished the entire thing carrying that huge rock up the thousand steps seems reasonable. This beggs the question of where Scott got the coffee, well it was a custom order and he can only afford a cup a month so Jago shouldent get used to it.
So Scott did some lunges and streched his legs to get ready for todays exersise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2014, 6:59 pm

Jago took a light sip of the coffee he was given before he realized that it was no regular coffee. "What is this stuff?!" Jago felt energized by the delicious, piping hot coffee he just drank. His adrenal gland was excreting chemicals at an alarming rate and his muscles tensed in anticipation. He felt like he could run all day without tiring. Jago took another sip and was immediately addicted. He downed the contents of the cup and buzzed in anticipation.

OOC: Sorry I didn't notice. I guess I accidentally deleted the notification.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2014, 8:23 pm

ooc: That is ok.
Scott smiled and finished his own super cup. before tossing it into a little bin and jogging lightly in place. "This is no ordinary coffe, this is Demonio cafeĆ­na. They only make it in spain and its super hard to get a hold of, but since this is a special acasion I tapped into my stash and bought a cupple of cups.... Don't drink to much of the stuff if you buy more yourself, there is a reason they havent made them in the states for fifty years. Too many cups can stop your heart. Anyhow, you see those marks on the wall next to that allyway over there? I need you to reach up as high as you can so I can get a mesurment, then jump as high as you can and slap the wall that way I can get your vertical jump."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2014, 9:16 pm

Jago obediently did as he was commanded, though his specs weren't very high on the meister's scale, even with the help of the 'roided' coffee. "Yeah, well then, so that I stop embarrassing myself, let us please get to the training..." Jago was flustered that he was so pathetic, so he almost begged to get started with the training.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2014, 9:25 pm

Scott smiled, he reminded him of himself when he was younger. He recorded the hight and after a quick equasion presented him Jago his legweights. He had to keep his arms bent while carrying them and they almost cracked the concrete when he droped them at his feet. "Ok put those on and jump again. Its ok if you cant get your feet off the ground, I will still record it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2014, 9:34 pm

Jago stared in awe at the huge weights in between Scott and he. "Scott, are you trying to help me, or kill me here?!" Reluctantly, Jago strapped the weights around his both thighs and calves and tried to jump, but to no avail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2014, 9:44 pm

Scott wrote -0-
Then he walked forward and took some of the weight off to make it more barable. He strapped the rock to his back with nylon rope. Was it bigger than he remembered? Oh well... he thought.
"Now, we both go 250 steps up. I will match every step you make with this rock. Which I can tell is more than double what those leg weights are combined."
He looked up at the thousand steps. "Lets go."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2014, 10:01 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Verethragna on August 26th 2014, 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 6:14 am

250 steps with the rock was hard, but Scott was strong enough to do it. "Not bad at all. Keep it up." Then step after step he continued. "Go as high as you can, I will flollow and count."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 9:16 am

Jago nodded at Scott's instructions and kept pressing upward, step after step he tirelessly climbed. Only when he reached the 900's did he begin to falter as his body used up the last of his strength. "997... 998.... 999..." Jago didn't quite make it up the last step. In opposition, he fell face forward onto the courtyard, KO'd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 5:36 pm

ooc: How about we do some rping as they go up the steps?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 5:45 pm

OOC: I'm leeched of material, and during training, not much would happen. Unless someone shouted words of encouragement. But even with that, such a drug as what they have taken would not require cheering of any sort. Anything that one could say during the exercise could be portrayed just as easily after the fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 6:07 pm

ooc: How about conversation? These two know nothing about eachother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 6:08 pm

OOC: Sure, I will delete my previous post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 6:12 pm

Jago laboriously climbed the steps. Though he could feel the physical strain on his body, the wonder coffee he was given previously helped to negate the effects of his weariness. "So, sempai, can you tell me a little about yourself? Like, how did you become such a fitness guru?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 6:55 pm

Scott thought for a moment contemplating the rising sun. "Hmm..... Well it all started in the ninth grade. I was getting picked on alot and I dident know what to do about it. So one day after School I was walking home when I saw an advertisment."
Is life troubleing you!
Do you think you are weak!? Is your self respect in the gutter!? Take karate classes, discover your true potenchal. Go to the sensei, sensei HIMURA!
First lessons free.
"Well I decided to go to the adress listed under it and met a man named Mr.Himura. We hit it off pretty well and our training started like this, exept I was doing laps around my home town in canada when it was cold as buts outside in just a T shirt."
He looked at how many steps they had left.
"Well tell me about yourself and in the next 300 steps I will tell you the next part of the story."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 7:10 pm

Jago contemplated what Scott had said. "Wow, Scott... you were quite a bit like myself..." Jago remembered all of his peers in his school at Tokyo jeering at him because he was different. "All throughout my life, I have been hated by my friends because of what I looked like, not who I was. I tried all of the things I could to become as popular as others, but whether I was hilarious, rude, kind, or talented did not matter in their eyes. When I was younger I took on guitar for a while and played at a school festival. I won and made our school a higher budget, but no one cared. As for martial techniques, I took kendo when I was a first year and even won the national championship as a rookie, but still no one liked me. Jago ranted on about his disappointing social life. "but, enough about me... I want to hear more about you!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 8:57 pm

"Well we continued doing exersises like that untill I was sure my figers were about to fall of from hypothermia, then he started teaching me the martial arts. It was all foundations with him, basic punches ans kicks and training up the wazu. I started getting enrolled in karate turnements. Compared to others who had trained with him for longer I realllllly sucked. But compared to everyone else who was not trained by him... Well they were being picked up off the floor on mass. I made it pretty far until I had to go against somone who Himora had trained and I got smashed. Afterwords he took us out for dinner and took me aside. Turns out he was training new students becalse he had cancer and only a few years to live."
He paused for a moment in respect for his teacher and said.
"Lets work our way up the steps a bit more before we talk about that huh? Anyway, what happened after that? How did you come to the school?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2014, 8:14 pm

"Wow, that really is motivational, Scott. I hope I can be as strong as your and sensei some day!" come to think about it, when did Jago start calling him Scott as opposed to sempai? Shaking off his thoughts, Jago refocused on the difficult task ahead. "Well, as for how I came to enroll here, it all started during the summer before this year. I don't even think I put this in my school application, but regardless, I learned that I had a knack for another strange thing, controlling my soul wavelength. Though I didn't know what a soul wavelength was, I still noticed the extra power I gained when I focused. When I finally figured it out, I applied to the DWMA. Nothing special, really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2014, 8:25 pm

"Pfft I dident even enroll myself. I went to a coffe shop, the one in about a hundred thousand miles that actualy stocks that special coffee I like and low and behold who else was there. Lord death. I did not even recegnise him, I mean I had just moved here and dident get a chance to look at any of the academy posters placed all around the city and I triped on the tail of his suit spilling my $185 cup of coffee. He helped me up and offered me some tea as the coffee had ran out. We talked about very obscure coffee shop related things and out of knowhere he asked that I check out this School as I would be welcome there.
Being practically a turist at that point the next day I followed the instructions and made my way up these steps before I found him outside waiting for me. It was a strange sight all these demon weapons going about their buisness. Well he awnsered some of my questions and I enrolled in the academy for a few days. I met freinds, trained, fought, and learned about a whole new world of knowlage that I had been missing out on. So a couple weeks later when he checked up on me and asked if I wanted to stay... well. How could I say no?
"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2014, 9:49 pm

Jago listened intently as Scott rambled about how he came to be a student. It was rather long winded and lasted for a few dozen steps, but it was a more than welcome way to pass the time in this boring training session. "Wow... So something so interesting as that happened to you huh. Well, that's really cool, after all, nothing cool has ever happened to me..." Of course, Jago was simply being humble. He has mastered kendo, guitar playing, and almost grasped basic soul manipulation by his second day of school. Indeed he was a master at learning things out of the ordinary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 6:00 am

"Tell me about Kendo, I don't think I have ever heard of that martial art before."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 9:16 am

"Kendo is a martial art in name only, it is more or less a type of sword art which rellies on speed of motion and precision of attacks, and that isn't even to mention the amount of skill required to amount to anything..." Jago struggled for a couple more stepd before he continued talking. "I really am surprised I even did decently in it, I really believe is was all based on luck and my opponents' faults rather than my own skill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)   Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting better virtually by the hardest way possible. (Private.)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next