Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Verethragna's Moderator Application

Go down 
4 posters

Should we Allow Verethragna to be a Moderator?
Yes
Verethragna's Moderator Application I_vote_lcap33%Verethragna's Moderator Application I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
No
Verethragna's Moderator Application I_vote_lcap67%Verethragna's Moderator Application I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Lethein

Verethragna's Moderator Application Empty
PostSubject: Verethragna's Moderator Application   Verethragna's Moderator Application I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2014, 10:38 am

What's one thing you like about this site?
The main point of this site which I enjoy is the leniency that this website gives on character creations and roleplaying. As opposed to creating specific requirements for application length and post length, you have allowed people to react to situations in ways they themselves would, as opposed to forcing people to fluff up their posts with extra unnecessary content.

One thing you would like to see changed about the site?
While being lenient on many occasions is acceptable, being too much so can be similar to a double edged sword. I have an opinion which is shared by others that declares that this site has too many god-modders and copied characters. For example, a clown that will be mentioned later in this application will have accepted powers that are far beyond the grasp of any clown. As for copied characters, there is currently a character with blood which acts as an extra offense and defense, almost congruent to the combination of Crona and Ragnarok. I think being slightly more strict on accepting characters is crucial to making this site more enjoyable, and more successful. We also have an issue concerning how slowly character applications are being reviewed. This only a slight concern which can be easily dealt with by having more staff members.

What makes you more qualified to be a moderator than our other members?
What makes me more qualified to become a moderator than others is that I have experience. But not experience in moderating alone will assist with the problems of managing a website. The most important thing I can give to our community is my time.
I understand completely that people have lives which include things like work and school, but I truly love Roleplaying in because it has become a great outlet for my creativity. I am on this website every day, usually for an hour or two and can help with the things that just need to be done. I am not artistic so I can’t create professional banners and the like, but both my experience in this division and the work I can produce would speak numbers more than I could in any application. By experience, I mean to say that I have moderated games and and one roleplaying site. My games usually included players numbering from the 50’s to 150’s, while the other roleplaying site, which shut down a few months ago due to the owner getting a job promotion, consisted of about 200 people which I helped to manage. Of course the number of players in both categories had dwindled by the time they had shut down, but that was mostly because people simply got tired of one thing and moved on to another, which is what happens in the minds of humans. But I have a contribution to make to our family, and that is why I humbly ask that you accept my application.

Can you list two other members who would be willing to speak favorably on your behalf?
-Kidd 92
-Ren & Ray
-Nayru-susan
-@ Knight Guy
-SeikanEkasin
-Myrabear
-Idoc
There would be more, but at the present, those are the names of the only people I have asked for support.

Time on the site?
2014-06-06 was the day I joined, so approximately three months. In that time, I do not believe that there has been a day in which I have not logged into the site, nor do I believe there would be more than a day that I won’t.

Number of Active vs. Inactive characters, and how efficiently do you manage them?
First, a guideline would need to be set to determine just how long one needs to not post/log in to be considered inactive. After that, it would have to be determined whether they were online and did not make a post within the time limit or if they did not log in at all. After the data is collected, then I could begin to make a decision on what to do about it. If the player is found inactive, I would suggest the Account name and characters be put on a special, public list labeled ‘Inactive’. If they are offline for excessively long, their characters should be placed up for adoption approximately two months after a warning is sent to their Email and private inbox. All of this, however, would become void if the account owner sends a ‘leave of absence’ message in either a PM, or posts about a hiatus in a special section meant for exactly that purpose.
As for active members, the only thing needed to be done is to monitor topics to make sure no ‘God Moding’ is occurring, and  to watch out for inconsistencies. I understand that everyone has a life and cannot spend all of their time checking topics to make sure they follow regulations, and that is most likely one reason you, the administration, has allowed the existence of a moderator gentry. This is why I humbly suggest that we ask the RPers to notify the staff if any abnormalities occur in a thread, so they can be immediately reacted to and, if necessary, be corrected. Active characters found not following policy should be warned and lightly punished. Afterall, no one wants to Role Play with people who act incorrectly.

Have you ever had a dispute with another member online (this site or another) and how did you resolve it?
This website is the only website I have ever had a personal dispute with another person about. I now believe that it was not my place to correct this person, but, it wasn’t a true dispute per say. It was more of a one-sided correction of logic based on the mechanics of Soul Eater. Such as, in the anime, clowns are machines with high physical capability. One person created a clown which has the ability to use a soul wavelength in a fashion that was greater in capability than Lord Death’s own. In this light, he can split his soul from his body and form them into morning star shaped, flying mines. When I corrected him in this, the other members of the thread agreed with me that this was rather unacceptable. The player did not respond with much aggression and thus, the argument dissolved into nothing more than a mutual desire to see this character nerfed.

Two members bring an issue to your attention. One member god-modded out of a situation, and the other member god-modded in return. How do you respond?
My response depends on the details of the situation. But for this scenario, I would have to say that they were both incorrect, but punishments can’t be easily dealt for such a thing. The first person probably reacted to an unfavorable situation, such as his character almost being slain, and used impossible means to escape. Where as the second person, who had defeated the former with a greater understanding of the mechanics of RP fighting, retaliated with anger and performed impossible actions finish his desired task. Both of these players were wrong. Person A was wrong for god-modding in the first place, whether it be out of fear or whatever, and should be dealt a sturdy warning. Person B was equally wrong for god-modding in retaliation. No matter how frustrating a person can be, one must realize that two forces with equal authority cannot issue a mandate over each other. Person B should also be issued a sturdy warning. As an overall fix to the issue, my first choice would be to simply have the two start over the thread at the point before the first player began to god-mod. If that is not agreed upon by the guilty party, I would then ask them to resolve it peacefully themselves, and if that doesn’t happen, I would simply close the topic and issue a suspension to either of the two who attempts to continue it. Again, my answer would vary given even the slightest difference in scenarios, so this answer could be readily changed. I believe one must first act mercifully, then punish continued misconduct.

As usual, unless you're listed as a reference, please refrain from commenting on this thread.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Verethragna's Moderator Application   Verethragna's Moderator Application I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 6:52 pm

I support modding him if we get him up to speed on anything. Let's save this for after the staff ranks discussion, shall we?
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Verethragna's Moderator Application   Verethragna's Moderator Application I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 7:29 pm

Aye aye
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Verethragna's Moderator Application   Verethragna's Moderator Application I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2014, 7:05 pm

I know we said we'd hold off on this, but I have to respond while I have wifi. Ver does NOT need to be in a position of power on this forum. Having spent some time with him on this site, I've come to see that some of his characteristics are not fit for a moderator. He's proven to be slightly and subliminally arrogant. He speaks to other members as if he is over them and can tell them what to do. He has taken matters into his own hands instead of turning them over to a mod or admin. I believe that if we made him mod, he'd be disrespectful to the admins, bossy to the members, and completely and undeniably arrogant. He's a nice guy and all, but after some observation, I've reason to believe that the position of moderator is not fit for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Verethragna's Moderator Application   Verethragna's Moderator Application I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2014, 9:28 pm

We have enough mods as is, I think. Besides which, based on prior experience, IE, the time I nearly had to infract the guy, I would say he ISN'T cut out to be a mod, sides which, he's kinda too new to be qualified to be a mod.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Verethragna's Moderator Application   Verethragna's Moderator Application I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2014, 8:32 am

I think I'll change my vote, I was just going off of the app, but if you guys don't care for him...
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Verethragna's Moderator Application   Verethragna's Moderator Application I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2014, 8:54 am

Same
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Verethragna's Moderator Application   Verethragna's Moderator Application I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2014, 9:45 pm

So, majority's for no, then?
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Verethragna's Moderator Application   Verethragna's Moderator Application I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2014, 11:52 pm

Yup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Verethragna's Moderator Application   Verethragna's Moderator Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Verethragna's Moderator Application
Page 1 of 1