Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Church's Mod Application

Go down 
2 posters

Should Church be made into a Mod
Yes
Church's Mod Application I_vote_lcap60%Church's Mod Application I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
No
Church's Mod Application I_vote_lcap40%Church's Mod Application I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Lethein

Church's Mod Application Empty
PostSubject: Church's Mod Application   Church's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2014, 4:50 pm

+
----
-

What's one thing you like about this site: The dog-eat-dog environment, which is what SE is. I am referring icly of course xD.

One thing you would like to see changed about the site: More options, and I'd like to help.

What makes you more qualified to be a moderator than our other members: I have experience as a moderator for I don't know how long, and an admin for a few months (though something happened that made me want to step down, I don't want to detail that). I am idealistic, I like to brainstorm and I am willing to do the job, and I am willing to question things I see as wrong.

Can you list two other members who would be willing to speak favorably on your behalf: Kidd 92

How long have you been on the site and how often are you on?: Well, I have not been as active but that was due to reasons such as feeling uncomfortable after the situation with Dethhollow, and my adminship on another site. Otherwise, I no longer feel the immaturity I felt before, and seeing Deth on another site has made me want to return. He left that one too (probably before he could get banned).

Number of Active vs. Inactive characters, and how efficiently do you manage them: I recently returned, and wish to begin anew.

Have you ever had a dispute with another member online (this site or another) and how did you resolve it: Dethhollow, and it was handled with me trying to be cordial but still trying to do what was right. But I was damned for it by him, and judged, and yet it was still resolved and ended...well...let's not resurface the immature quirks of others. I no longer really hold ire towards the situation, but on other sites he has shown his ignorance and then I had to deal with him, eventually convincing him if he was going to completely berate the staff and a certain rule, and act like it ruins everything and hold up a site event, he should leave and he did...not without flaming though.

Two members bring an issue to your attention. One member god-modded out of a situation, and the other member god-modded in return. How do you respond?: I require them both to edit accordingly, and if they argue not to I will give one more warning and if one or both proceed to argue about the situation, they can take a few days time-out. After they come back, I will talk to them again, and if they still haven't changed their mind I will lock the topic and consider it null until they can appeal with a superior staff.

NOTE: I am more so wanting the power to work with functions of the site, that's what I find more important than actual moderation, as mechanics make-or-break a site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Church's Mod Application   Church's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2014, 9:49 pm

Yeah, having SEEN the logs of his dispute with Deth, not sure he should be a mod at all. Further, there is the issue of the fact that he could only get one guy.

Sides which, he hasn't really been on enough to be a mod, from what I recall. That being said, while I voted no(By the way, is there a way we could cancel our votes?), I'm on the fence for this one, seeing as I have more than a bit of bias here.
Back to top Go down
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Lethein

PostSubject: Re: Church's Mod Application   Church's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2014, 7:59 pm

Kidd's Reference:

I believe that Church would make for a great staff member here. Here are a few reasons.

Church is a very likable person. He has a very friendly attitude and demeanor. Having someone that can communicate with other members is very important, and that is something Church is capable of doing.

Church will have a high work rate. I asked Church personally why he would do well here, and he told me that he is willing to take time out of his day to help out on here. Moderators and Administrators have gotten increasingly inactive here and the site could really use an extra hand. I know that some of the staff here can't control some of the reasons for being inactive, but having an extra person to fall back on can't hurt.

Church has been a member on here for a fair amount of time. He seems to have a firm grasp of how things work here. You guys won't have to worry about him poorly judging a situation or making bad decisions.

I hope you can approve Church as a new staff member. He'd be great to have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Church's Mod Application   Church's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2014, 8:53 pm

I'm kinda ify about Church's app. I mean, I just became a mod, and I agree with Beetle, he isn't on enough.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Church's Mod Application   Church's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2014, 12:01 pm

Blah blah 3 to 2 Church is a mod done with the repetition :P
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Church's Mod Application   Church's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2014, 10:57 pm

I actually left not out of activity, but due to a dispute because of my lack of tolerance of cooperation. I mean, I am capable of being active as can be but, and I have just run into this issue yet again: there needs to be some freedom. I'm not sure how it is, but based on mine and Ob's last conversation I decided to ultimatum it. This is a response to my acceptance. All I ask is cooperation. See, I had to stop looking at the site because all I thought was "the admins are stalling the progression". I was on another site, and I am currently a mod but I decided to leave because the progression immediately stopped for nearly a month because every single staff with executive power are now mysteriously gone. I'd like to say I haven't read through any topics as of late, but if given the ability to communicate with the staff, I think we can do some stuff. I have ideas, I just need to go beyond having them listened to (by that I mean considered).

Also, the dispute between me and Deth is a sign of one thing: I am not afraid to speak if I feel it is for the better of the site. I've seen time and time again staff doing things wrong (not here per-say, mostly Bleach sites and Naruto sites OF COURSE (Second parenthesis: they usually have terrible communities with a few golden apples)). Sorry for not responding to this for, oh, ten days. That is a terrible start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Church's Mod Application   Church's Mod Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Church's Mod Application
Page 1 of 1