Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) Empty
PostSubject: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2014, 5:08 am

Sora sat on the side of the street with a table in front of him with four cups sitting upside down. His brown cloak was draped over the back of his chair and today he was showing off his golden crown. Of course, it was strapped to his shoulder, but that still counted as showing off. Like any good "street man", Sora was advertising his product. "Ladies and gentlemen, come and have a go! Don't be shy! Guess which cup the king is under just once, and you win a brand new car! Not just any car, but a car from the future! I swear, it's true! Made 100% from nanobots, you change the colour to anything you want, and if you crash, it repairs itself! And how much does it cost? A measly ten dollars and observant eyes!" Sora's maroon hair was beginning to become irritating in the strong wind, but he couldn't break his "cocky street man" facade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2014, 7:20 am

Shaun was walking along with no particular destination in mind. He saw a crowd starting to gather around a table, he decided to check it out. Among dozen people that had begun listening, Shaun emerged and walked up to the table. Without a word he slapped ten dollars down on the table, he kept his hand on it so it wouldn't blow off in the wind.
(Ooc: I'd do better but I'm busy at the moment.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2014, 7:32 am

(OOC: It's fine. I was at school when I posted the first one.)

"We have a player! Perfect! Now, my friend, the object you are watching is this." A glowing white king chess piece seemed to appear in Sora's hand. He took the money with the other and slipped it into a box under the table. He placed the piece under the center cup, making sure to roll up his sleeves before hand so he didn't think he was cheating. "Now, of course, we must have an agreement. If I win, I simply keep the ten dollars. If you win, you will get your money back as well as the nano bot car! Simply say 'I agree' or 'yes', and we can get started." Sora had taken the liberty of imbuing his magic into the deal, meaning if he accepts, the terms will inevitably be fulfilled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2014, 7:43 am

Shaun kept his eyes on the center cup and muttered "Yes. " He pulled his hood up to stop the wind from blowing his hair around, then he stuck his hands in his pockets. He thought to himself about what would happen if he won, 'Why do I need a car anyway? If I lose, I'm out ten bucks...'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2014, 8:51 am

And just like that, the deal was locked. Sora began to shuffle the four cups at an inhuman speed. He never has any intent to play fair. The sorcerers one restriction when it comes to games: if you are caught cheating, the opponent automatically wins. Emphasis on caught. So he used sorcery to em have the speed he switched around the cups, but definitely nothing else. Totally not teleporting the piece. While moving the king, Sora was constantly putting notes in it. The boy seems to be reconsidering the car judging by his questionable aura. Must investigate. The cups continued to speed up until an abrupt stop. The only way Shaun could guess right was with pure luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2014, 8:28 pm

Shaun lost track while he was thinking. Well... I'm short ten bucks now, but if even if I do win... I don't even see the car he supposed to be betting.... Does Death City even have any roads? Of course it has too, but why haven't I seen any cars? He continued thinking like this for what seemed like hours. Suddenly the man stopped moving the cups around. Shaun stared at the cups for a full minute and a half before pointing at the cup in the middle. He stuck his hand back in his pocket and waited for the man to confirm or deny his guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2014, 10:24 am

(Ooc : Friendo?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2014, 8:15 pm

OOC: sorry. Every time I try to post, something screws up.

Sora lifted the cup and shook his head. The piece wasn't there. "Bum-bum. Sorry, my friend. Two tries left." He lifted the cup on the far left, which revealed the glowing piece. He then reinserted the king under the middle cup and shuffled them again. Of course, he didn't hold back. Using sorcery, he shuffled the cups with inhuman speed. But Sora had decided to give him a chance and didn't teleport the piece into random cups. Abruptly, the sorcerer stopped and looked up at Shaun. "Pick a cup, any cup!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2014, 8:36 pm

Shaun payed more attention this time, he looked closely at each cup trying to see if he could find a faint glow. He failed at doing so, and he just guessed randomly. He let out a long "hmmmm", to make it seem like he was thinking, and pointed toward the cup on the outer right side. He was starting to get a little suspicious though.
Somethings different....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2014, 7:34 am

Sora lifted the chosen cup and, once again, revealed nothing but the table beneath. "Good guess, but it's a no." He lifted the cup next to it that revealed the glowing king. "One last try, that's a all you've got!" That guess was too close for Sora's comfort. What if Shaun knew he was cheating with magic? Then he would lose. The sorcerer has an in removable code in all deals: if one player is caught cheating, the other automatically wins. That doesn't mean you can't cheat, you just can't get caught. But Sora knew it was just luck that he had guessed so close, so he slipped the piece under the middle cup and shuffled them at the same magically enhanced speed. He abruptly stopped the cups again, and looked Shaun in the eye. "Last chance, my friend." But Sora was scared. He could sense an aura of suspicion flowing around him, and that means he'll accuse him at any second. Maybe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2014, 5:32 pm

Shaun paused briefly before continuing. He thought hard about which one too pick. [i]I still couldn't keep track, but its a one in five chanve to win anyway... But, this game is a little fishy, but I don't have any hard proof to accuse him with, so I'd just wind up looking like a sore loser./i] Shaun pointed toward the cup on the far left side this time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2014, 5:48 pm

The aura of suspicion increased around the opponent. But it wasn't the suspicion Sora was worried about. He had chosen the right cup. People had own from luck before , but none of them won something as valuable as a car infused with nanobots. And he couldn't let this kid win. The hint of a frown lingered on Sora's face. So of course, the sorcerer teleported the piece under another cup. Then Sora lifted the indicated cup to reveal nothing. "Ooh, too bad, friendo. Looks like you're the unlucky one today." He looked Shaun in the eye and smirked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2014, 10:30 pm

(Ooc: Damn you italics, also, My brain quit working and I can't think of what to do next.....)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 2:22 am

ooc: you can accuse him of cheating so he gets really offended?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 2:41 am

Shaun decided to act on his suspicions, however he didn't want to cause a scene. He stuck around until the small crowd had dispersed and went back to their business. Shaun walked up to Sora and said in a disgustingly polite way, "Friend, how do you move your hands that fast? It's unhuman." He stuck his hands in his pockets and faked a smile as he waited for an answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 8:13 am

Sora furrowed his eyebrows at the statement. "Many years of practice, of course. How new do you think I am?" He had taken the chess piece and slid it into his pocket, and the cups and mysteriously disappeared. It didn't matter to Sora if he was called out now, since he had already won the bet, and nothing Shaun could do would change that. Although Sora didn't like the soul that Shaun posessed. It was uncomfortably powerful, laced with darkness. He was afraid that if he was found out, a terrible fate would befall him. "I hope you are not accusing me of cheating, my good sir! I thought you'd know I am far above that!" Sora had made sure a long time ago that no one would ever tell if he was lying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 6:58 pm

Shaun leaned a little to the left and thought to himself, This guy is hard to read....I can't tell whether he's telling the truth or not... Shaun stood up straight again and began to slowly mimic the man's personality, "Oh? But why would one offer such a fine prize for a measly ten dollars? Unless one knew with an utmost certainty that they would win..." He stood a little more dignified and wondered what he would say next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2014, 8:23 am

Sora could feel a strong change in Shaun's aura. And it felt very familiar. This bastard is mimicking me! "you're accusing me of cheating, aren't you?! That's very rude. Well, if you continue to believe that I cheated..." A fully laid out chess set appeared on the table on front of them. "We'll play a very special game of chess! Sentient chess! You can't cheat in this." Sora's hand swept over the board dramatically. "If you win, you get literally anything if your choosing! It doesn't matter what you want, but you'll get it! But if I win, you have to do any single thing I say! Only one, of course. The odds are in your favour, my friend. Will you play this game with me?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2014, 7:37 pm

Shaun laughed as he waltzed over to the board, "Why not? I've nothing better to do." Shaun had read Sora to the point he could somewhat predict his actions, and figured he would cheat and have him do a somewhat menial task. But he truly didn't have anything better to do, so it wasn't going to affect his life or day in the slightest. Nope, not at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2014, 7:39 pm

(Ooc: I had it few sentences longer, but I accidently hit refresh on my phone >:l)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2014, 7:44 am

Sora grinned, locking in the contract. "Since I am white, I will move first!" The sorcerer 'magicked' up two chairs to sit on and swapped the white king piece on the board for his own. It glowed with unearthly energy. "Now, this is sentient chess, my friend. Your pieces will not be restricted to movement types. But they all have personality, so it's crucial you keep up your troops morale." Since it was the beginning of the game, Sora could freely move a pawn on the far side of the board two spaces forwards and one space right. "You cannot sacrifice pieces. For that means suicide for the man. What soldier I their right mind would willingly kill themselves?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2014, 11:35 am

Shaun sat and crossed his right leg over his left. He listened as Sora rattled on about the rules and why this wasn't normal chess. Shaun didn't quite believe what Sora had said and played his first turn like a normal game of chess. He moved the knight on the left side two spaces forward and one to the left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2014, 7:59 pm

Sora could feel the opponents doubt from across the table. So he decided to teach him a bit of a lesson. First, he tried to move a pawn into the perfect space to be killed by his knight. The pawn wouldn't budge off of his square. Next, he moved a knight on his side three spaces directly forwards without ending it with an angle. Then, to top it all off, he decided to show that the chess pieces were truly sentient. Sora looked down at the black queen across the board. "You are looking beautiful today, aren't you? But why would you waste your beauty in an army where no one appreciated you? That coward of a king by your side only uses you for your abilities." It seemed silly, but it worked. The black queen across the board slowly turned into a lighter grey. Sora smirked at his opponent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2014, 11:41 pm

Shaun raised an eyebrow and realized just how complex this game could get, How? Shaun looked down at the queen, "Uh.... you're lookin good today..." the queen turned lighter gray, inching closer to turning white. He put his head down on the table close to queen, "Please don't leave me baby, I need you!" He exclaimed this to the tiny chess piece, as two passersby gave him a look and took a step away from him. Nonetheless, the queen turned a slightly darker shade of black.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2014, 5:58 pm

The sorcerer grinned. He's finally grasped the complexity of this game. Perfect. "Perfect. Now, my friend, I hope you finally see that this game is unique. Near the end, when most of your pieces are taken, others might refuse to move. That's a morale drop. You must make sure to keep your morale up." Sora moved the rook that was once behind a pawn out directly to the opposite side of the board. The piece took a pawn and one of Shaun's rooks. Little did Sora know, if Shaun called this little double turn of his, the sorcerer would instantly lose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)   A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Friendly Street Game (Private, Abako and I)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next