Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) Empty
PostSubject: Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)   Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2015, 10:13 am

Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) AnimeVampireGirlPurple2_zps60816996

Name: Mara Lynn Mistress of Nightmares.

Gender/Sex: Female

Species: Mara is a Mare, a creature known for being the bringers of nightmares. Though they are capable of causing nightmares, they don't cause all of them. They are usually the cause of sleep paralysis though, causing rumors of other creatures associated with the phenomenon. Mares usually cause nightmares only to absorb the negative feelings caused by nightmares. This energy both sustains and heals them of many afflictions.

Love Interest: None

Orientation (Sexual/Romantic): Bisexual

Weapon: None

Appearance: Mara appears to be a tall young lady who stands at an exceptional height of 6'4. That said, her appearance greatly resembles that of a thin twig's due to her slender arms, legs, and waist. Her pale yet brilliantly glowing purple hair flows all the way down to her rear. Her eyes' irises are a peculiar shade of grey that easily blend into her solid black pupils. An interesting additional feature to her psychical appearance is her blood. When cut she gets cut instead of shedding crimson red blood that falls to the floor, she bleeds a black weightless fluid with an odd hue of purple. Her blood will float up to the sky above until it finally disappears. Her blood will be easily spotted from a distance by those who want to hunt her.

The type of clothing that Mara enjoys wearing usually sways towards gothic styled attire. Her favorite colors she enjoys wearing are black and white, both of which contrast the other.

Personality: Despite being a 'Bringer of Nightmares', Mara has a bold personality that strongly drives attention away from her darker traits. Although some of her dark characteristics still manage to stand out, her cheerier traits seem to balance her personality out with good and bad. This leaves her as a neutral character that stands somewhere in-between good and bad in a grey area.

During the day, when she's at her weakest, Mara will walk around amongst ordinary humans. During this time, she will chat with many people to gain an understanding of their psyche and imagination. This is to pick out a proper victim to sustain her hunger with. Very imaginative individuals or individuals with fractured psyches often produce delicious nightmares for her.

Each nightmare has a particular taste to her. Bland and hazy nightmares usually taste bitter to her. Incredibly gory slasher movie type nightmares taste spicy and often burns her tongue pretty badly. Surreal unbelievable nightmares that make little sense often leave a salty taste in her mouth. Nightmares that seem pretty depressing and sad give her a sour taste in her mouth. Dreams that highly imaginative, able to relate to many, while displaying symbolism of their fear, and put it all together like a true story, tastes the best by giving a sweet candy-like taste to her taste buds. Despite  only being able to sustain and nourish herself with nightmares, she can still eat regular food as a form of... Pleasure.

With her eating habits set aside, Mara will often act like a cheery girl with a bubbly personality to hide the darker characteristics she owns. Her bubbly personality trait can quickly change to a dark trickster's mischievous one. This aspect of herself enjoys to play well thought-out pranks that could take dangerous turns for the worse. She never actually tries to hurt anyone too seriously with her pranks but still, the risk remains. These two aspects can quickly switch each other out for the other, sometimes this leads others to believe that she has drastic mood changes.

History: Mara was born from two Mares who sheltered her from all of the dangers of the world. Her family lived in a very small neighborhood were people never really talked to each other. Everyone simply just minded there own business, very few actually interacted with each other. This was a great relief for Mara's parents because now there was very little to hide about their race. Sure they can't be completely open with their secrets but at least now, some slip ups were a bit more lenient.

Mara was raised in this neighborhood, being feed Nightmares that her parents gathered for her. She grew very slowly compared to other kids she lived near and some home owners even seemed to have noticed. Despite this, the other adults never dug too deep to look into it. Years seemed to pass by as well as the adults that would have lived here. They either moved away or passed away, either or.

Around this time, Mara grew slightly more mature and it was time that her mother taught her a few tricks about being a Mare. Mara would learn some of the abilities she uses to this day. She was incredibly skilled in most of the things she was taught but she never actually had an opportunity to test her ability to eat nightmares.

One day though, her mother had decided to take her out so she could feed upon nightmares herself. That following night, her mother took her out to a neighbor's house and demonstrated the proper way to eat a nightmare. First she waited for the man inside to fall asleep, then her mother shifted her own form into a vaporous mist to sneak inside the house. Once she was inside, Mara watched her from the window. Her mother quickly manifested in the room and Mara could see the way the victim twitched in his sleep. Being in close proximity of a mare would cause immediate nightmares. All that was left, was for her mother to feed  upon the nightmare. She crept to his side and placed a hand hand on his forehead.

The neighbor soon awoke, having an intense screaming fit while Mara's mother fled the way she came, in the form of a hazy black mist. They reunited quickly afterwards, having left no evidence that they were actually there. Her mother said that soon, she too will be able to feed but it's still a bit too dangerous to start just yet. This disappointed her because she really wanted to start learning this new ability that her mother appeared clearly skilled in. To cheer her up, her mother placed her hand on top of her head and fed her the nightmare she just harvested.

This cheered Mara up for the moment but as time passed, she would gain the urge to attempt eating nightmares by herself. By sneaking out one night she would learn that things could get very dangerous, incredibly quickly if you weren't careful. Mara had a decent control over most abilities of a mare so sneaking inside of a house by transforming into mist. Once inside, she confronted a young boy who was fast asleep in his bed. She crept to his bedside and placed a hand over his forehead.

At that moment, she had immediately sucked up his nightmare and could tell that devouring fresh dreams was really different from those that were harvested for her. The taste of nightmare was incredibly strong, it even overwhelmed her taste buds. She barely noticed that the boy was screaming at her and when she did, the boy's parents had already entered the room. She gasped at the sudden realization before she tried to escape the same way her mother had last time.

She did manage to get away and return home but soon a riot would form in the front of her own home. Her parents quickly sheltered her and planned to get Mara to safety. Her mother would exit the house and hold off the crowd that gathered while Mara's father escaped with her. It was unknown what happened to her mother that night but Mara would never see her again after that night.

Mara's father and her stayed on the run for a while afterwards. This continued throughout most of Mara's life, this forced her to mature even faster. She continued to lose many others she considered close to her but she continued to press forward to make a life for herself.

Miscellaneous:
Mara speaks in Purple.

Soul Room:
Inside of Mara's soul room, there is a thick fog that blurs the vision of even the most talented marksmen. The only source of light comes from a moon that hangs up in the sky. The pale moonlight allows a very minimal amount of things to be viewed. Looking around those inside her soul room will see blurred figures that seem to resemble trees. Each tree will cast a shadow in the direction of the visitor, making it even harder for them to navigate the area.

There's very little hope of anyone escaping alone once inside but there's still a way. Inside of Mara's soul room is a little girl that resembles a child form of Mara herself. The little girl wears a white dress and affectionately sports a black bow that she wears on the top of her head. There's absolutely no fog around her and she seems to shine a dim light off of her, making her very easy to spot. She will often cheerfully greet visitors in a childlike manner. She will offer to lead others out of this place, as long as they agree to give her candy once out.

If they accept a pathway will clear away of all fog, leading to a light that allows the visitor to leave. If they refuse, then the visitor will be force to travel the soul room endlessly while Mara drains them of their strength, little by little until they eventually die inside of her.

Abilities:
AbilitiesDescription
InsomniaNo matter what happens, Mara is unable to fall asleep.
Go To SleepMara can create an orb that puts anyone to sleep once hit with it.
Bad DreamsSleeping individuals that are within 2 meters of Mara's proximity instantly begin having nightmares.
Nightmare FuelBy touching an individual's forehead Mara can eat the nightmare and heal from any wound or even regenerate any lost limb. The victim will however wake up screaming.
MistifyMara can transform her body into a black vaporous mist. In this form she can flow through the sky, squeeze through small openings, and avoid some attacks.
13 Nights in The Soul Room.Mara can invade a sleeping victim's soul room by transforming into her mist form and entering any openings of the victim. Once  inside she can kill the victim by staying inside for 13 of her own posts. Of course, she'll have to survive being in a world where the victim can do just about anything to try and kill her. The victim can alter the rules of reality in their soul room but they can't just imagine Mara dead. They can however imagine outrageous things around her to kill her. Mara does however possess the free will to leave the soul room whenever she wants. If she does leave, the victim will immediately wake up.

Weaknesses: Mara actually has a multitude of weaknesses. For starters, during the day her powers are locked up and unusable. Also Dream Catchers can negate her powers as well. Also Dream Catchers cause her extreme pain if too close to them,  eventually they could even kill her if she doesn't get away. Finally, she is unable to kill any other creature by any other means unless she uses her 13 Nights in The Soul Room ability. She can still cause pain in very minimal ways, like a slap to the face.

Have You Read the Rules?
"Come with me, overwhelming power and madness awaits!"

Last edited by The Velveteen Rabbit! on March 30th 2016, 2:35 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)   Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2015, 4:42 pm

Ready for viewing.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)   Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2015, 6:04 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)   Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2015, 1:39 pm

This is a very balanced character. The 13 Nights ability is a bit iffy because of its one hit kill sense, but I find it as well, pretty well balanced. I only want you to elaborate if its 13 of your posts, the victims post, or both. Then I think I can accept this.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)   Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2015, 1:46 pm

Thanks Idoc and, I edited it.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)   Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2015, 1:50 pm

Very good. Please make sure to count down the posts when the ability is activated. Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)   Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 2:17 pm

Mara gained Black Blood from Misery in the thread...

When The Lights Go Out
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)   Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 3:03 pm

If you'll just add her Black Blood and a description of what her abilities with it, then I'll officially accept the changes. :3
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)   Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 3:10 pm

Mmmk, she's currently having difficulties controlling it but she can use it to defend herself and create domes of Black Blood as a main source of defense. By using the piece of Misery's soul she received during the bodyswap, she can use the Black Blood to kill. She can only create Bloody needles with her blood at the moment to fight. As time moves forward, she will be able to create more complex objects with the blood.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)   Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 3:36 pm

Looks good to me. Whenever you get a chance if you could add these details to the actual app that would be great. Changes Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)   Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2016, 1:32 pm

I would like to either drop this character or give up for adoption to anyone who wants her, allowing them to make any changes they want with her.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)   Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2016, 2:30 pm

Same as on the other sheet: add a dropped tag to the title of her sheet and add a thread in the orphanage.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)   Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2016, 2:40 pm

Thanks Lani, edited both titles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)   Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mara, Mistress of Nightmares (Dropped)
Page 1 of 1