Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.) Empty
PostSubject: When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.)   When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.) I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2015, 10:28 am

Mara made her usual stroll down the city streets. She had already made her daily harvest of nightmares, so she was particularly full at the moment. It was really late at the time though, around 3:32 AM. Mara was never capable of sleep however so she always had to wait the night away before she could actually talk to anyone. In Death City, that was an entirely different matter.

Strange, unique, and often interesting people usually stayed up around this time and Mara would easily have conversations with them. Of course, they would sometimes be Kishin eggs, self-proclaimed demons, and other bizarre folk of the sorts. This would often lead Mara into life threatening situations... But at least she wasn't bored.

While walking down a Alleyway Mara remembered a night a few days back when a witch had swapped her body with a weapon. Unluckily for her, she felt absolutely powerless, not being able to use her monster powers or even the weapon's transformation powers. Mara then quickly dismissed the idea of anything like this happening to her again and kept on merry way through the city.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.)   When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.) I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2015, 11:53 pm

Misery was, surprisingly, starting to get used to walking around this city. At least at night; there were so many interesting things to look at and try. Misery had even started helping the Kitsune by playing the distraction for a few stores, and vanishing before they noticed the missing supplies. While Misery wasn't really up for the actual thieving, she did need to help her new friends survive, as well as herself. Misery was even starting to... like it... here... and not just the city. She had friends now, right? They said she was their friend? Misery honestly didn't know how to be a "friend." But Allister at least gave her a bit of an understanding of it... sorta.

Misery unwrapped a sour ball candy she had in her pocket while she kept walking. "Show, fweinds are wike you, buh not made of blak bluhd, and they donh wive in your bodey?" She asked with the candy slurring her speech rather awfully. Allister, her guardian black blood demon, answered her from within her body.

"It's not just that though Misery, friends are people that care for your well being and protect you from harm." Misery answered back almost instantly like her answer was common knowledge.

"Wike ouh"
She slurred, but slurred with confidence.

"Yes... but... Misery..." Allister then erupted from Misery's back and corved his body around to the side of her. "I just can't teach you with that thing in your cheeks." The human size black construct gently poked his Mistress' cheek, which caused the sour ball to move and tickle her cheek. Misery then giggled a bit along with Allister before they both heard something in the shadows. Allister scanned the area for any signs of life, eventually linking his eye to a strange soul with a purplish mist surrounding it.

Misery took the sour ball out of her mouth and covered it with the wrapper before plng it in her pocket as she looked around, then up at Allister. "What is it?" She asked softly and slightly concerned. Allister then put his arm around Misery's shoulder and held her close.

"I'm not sure. It's not human though. Stand strong." After a few suspencful footsteps, they were able to make out a tall woman with a black dress and purple hair.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.)   When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.) I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2015, 3:24 am

Mara stood under a city light lamp as she scanned the area around her to find the city seemed completely empty. She wasn't having any luck finding anyone and she was beginning to feel as if no was actually wanting to expose their presence to her. She would soon be proven wrong though when she heard the footsteps of someone behind her. Mara turned to face the duo when the lamp's light finally bathed their skin.

Mara was now in full view along with her black soul. It was a decent size, capable of forming an invisible bubble around her body. The soul possessed empty holes for eyes and cartoonish, sharp, white teeth to make up it's facial expression. For hair, a purple mist came from its head and felt around in the air like tendrils searching for something in particular. This was a soul of a Monster.

"Well... You two are certainly interesting.", she began before her form melted away into her purple mist form. In this form, she flew towards Misery and solidified behind. Now from behind, Mara poked at the creature made from Black Blood.

"Seems like some sort of... Sym-bio-O-Sis... I think that's the word... Between the two of you. Well I know of good conversation starter now.", she said before walking out in front of Misery. "I'm Mara, I'm a monster known as a mare. We basically deliver nightmares to only eat them right after aaaaand... Stuffles. I met an other monster here, a witch, a self-proclaimed demon, a few weapons, and other creatures here. What I want to know... Is what you two are."
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.)   When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.) I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2015, 2:42 pm

Once the light of the street lamp revealed the identity of the figure, Misery's face froze in fear as her eyes came upon the soul of the... she didn't know. But as she looked at the form of the soul she could see through Allister's soul sight, Misery started to shiver a bit. Allister took notice but kept his eyes on the woman. When she turned into a mist form Misery jumped a bit and Allister simply followed it with his eyes, until she formed again behind them and poked Allister's "belly." Allister then shook a bit and giggled with his deep voice before he turned around and looked at the girl with a slightly irritated expression. "Hehehe, Hey, stop that, my body is not there for you to play with."

Misery simply stayed frozen as the woman walked in front of her, Allister simple watching her. As Misery heard the Mare's words she gained a bead of sweat that dropped down the side of her face. 'M-M-Monsters? D-Demons? Witches? No, it can't be...' As Misery was frozen in thought Allister addressed the rather touchy woman. "A Mare? I've heard of your kind but never expected to see one in person. Good thing we retired early. I'm Allister, and this is my Mistress, Misery... Misery? Misery what is it?"

Misery simply shook with the look of a terrified child on her face. "T-The Monsters are here... they found me... they're after me... they want to take me back... to the dark... no, No, NO! I WON'T GO BACK IN THE DARK!" Misery arched forward and held her head as black thorns started to randomly shoot out from her skin and quickly return only to come from another part of her body. Luckily the thorns were only slightly bigger than normal thorns, about 4 inches maybe.

Allister curled around to the front of Misery and grabbed her hands, turning her gaze up towards him. "MISERY, calm down, she isn't with them, it's all in your head Misery. Remember what I told you, don't let the fear take over. Be strong Misery, you're safe, you're alright." Misery began to bend her knees and let her body sink to the ground. Her legs supporting her in the shape of a "V" as she started to breath lighter and slower. Her gaze was dark and blurry, but as Allister spoke, she began to regain herself and her sight slowly shifted back to reality.

"...I'm, safe... as safe as long as Allister... Allister?" She came completely back to reality and hugged him tightly, and he hugged her back compassionately. "A-Allister, I was... so scared... don't let me go back to the dark again... I don't wanna hurt them anymore... no more... no more..."

"Don't worry Misery, I'm here, I'm always here." Allister turned around to look at Mara. "Apologies, my Mistress is recovering from a lifetime of sadness and fear, and she has a long way to full recovery. You're not harmed I hope." Misery continued to cry into Allister's chest as she held him tight. "I'm so sorry... mother... I'm so sorry..."
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.)   When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2015, 3:50 am

Mara scanned the two, quickly taking note that the creature made of black blood was named Allister and he seemed to do most of the talking for Misery. Mara examined the girl thoroughly, understanding that she seemed to be the very shy and terrified type. "It's nice to meet you Allister and Misery. Yes, Mares are quite rare now but there are still a few floating about here and there.", she explained to him before she noticed him speaking to his mistress once again.

Mara then watched as an entirely different and more extreme expression of fear washed over her face. Then she saw the thorns stab through her own flesh only to retract and shoot out of other parts of her body. This caused Mara to turn her face away from her, unable to watch what was happening to this poor little girl.

Mara only returned her attention back to her when she heard Allister comforting her. The sight she was taking in was definitely strange but it seemed quite heartwarming how Allister cared for the girl like some sort of protector or guardian. When Allister turned back to Mara and explained Misery's suffering, she replied with, "It's perfectly fine, I'm just sorry about how she currently is. It's hard to believe that anyone would actually do something to traumatize a girl like this."

While the group remained in the alleyway below a witch stood at the top of a city rooftop, watching them all from her perch. This Witch was named Hannah and she recently swapped her body with her new weapon partner Jenn. The swap left Hannah much taller than other people, with longer red hair. This hair was originally curly but she straightened it since then.

Hannah snuck out late tonight, deciding that she'll leave her weapon partner alone for the night. The student she brought home was more than capable of keeping her warm for the night. Hannah was on a swapping spree and she was glad to find her next victims. She peered from her perch, finding that the two targets possessed irregular souls.

This would be a perfect prank for the Switch Witch to perform. In an instance, Hannah shaped her hand into a gun gesture and aimed her pointing finger at Mara like a sniper skilled in the art of Marksmanship. She kept her aim on her and waited for a count of three seconds before whispering her Mantra, HeHe Haha He, Got you..."

After whispering these words, a purple beam fired out of the tip of Hannah's finger and hit Mara directly on her shoulder. This caused Mara to gasp, knowing exactly what was going on. She had swapped with Jenn a few nights ago and she didn't want the same thing to happen again. "Run away!", she shouted at Misery as her body was engulfed in a bright purple light.

It was too late though and a second beam was fired right at Misery after Hannah whispered the words, "And You." After the beam hit Misery, her body began to glow a bright orange. Now with her victims caught in the trap, Hannah began the switch, "Hehe Haha He, Switch for a week." After these words came from Hannah's mouth, the targets' souls would be regurgitated out of their bodies and fly into the other's mouth.

((OOC: Since we already agreed to the swap, I decided to call the beam shot a direct hit.))
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.)   When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.) I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2015, 9:53 pm

Misery was still kneeling when Mara had shouted for them to run. Run? Why, what was going... It was then that Misery felt a strange energy and noticed herself glowing orange. Allister looked up at where the beams had come from, seeing as Mara got hit first and then his Mistress. He pointed a giant menacing finger towards the witch on the roof. "There, it's a Witch!" At that point Allister began to glow too, delayed from when Misery got hit.

Misery then felt strange, like she was being forced out of her own body. "Allister, it feels strange... what's happening!?" At that moment Allister was forced back into Misery causing her to cry out in concern. "Allist-ugh-ah-gah!" It was then that Misery felt strange, like she had no physical form, for her soul had left her body. Her soul was a dark blue color that almost seemed to be raining inside of it. Around the soul was a few random straps of cloth, along with a black figure holding onto the top of the soul with long thick arms.

All was faded until Misery was able to open her eyes, but she couldn't move very well. She felt, strange and very full, like she had just eaten. What was going on? It was then that Misery looked up to see a strange sight, a girl dressed in mostly cloth straps like she wore. Wait, was that, was that her? But, she was here, what was going on. "Alli-ster, where, are you?" It was the strangest thing, as if Allister was there, but not solidly. It was then that the soul inside Misery's body would feel a strange pain all over, like giant spikes were trying to force their way out of her body.

A moment later they would see it was true as spiked streams of black blood exited their body and flew towards Misery. They themselves, would then feel as if their soul was being rejected by the body, but then they would slowly start to fel better before feeling as if their very soul was entangled in thorns. They would then feel a strong rush as the body reproduced black blood and healed her wounds simultaneously. Misery would soon feel as her own body was impaled with the black blood from her own body entering her new one. She would then start to feel whole as the blood fused with the blood in her body and a rush of black blood exploded from her back and solidified into a demon with a toothy mouth, green eyes, and two cloth like wraps making an "x" on his face.

Misery looked up at her guardian as he finished forming with a tear of joy in her eye. "Alli-ster..." The demon would then shake his head as if he had just gone through a wind tunnel or something before looking over at his Mistress' body, and then down at the body his Mistress' soul now inhabited.

"Misery... the witch... I think... she switched... your bodies..." Allister said as he held his forehead in his hand. Misery would then look down at herself only to slowly realize Allister was right.

"Wha... but how... I... she... no, nononono, NO!" It was then that Misery held out her right hand and attempted to use her resonance ability to create her black blood shuriken to attack the witch. Before she realized she couldn't and looked at her hand in confusion. "What's going on? No, you evil Witch! Give it back! Give it back dammit! Give it back!" Misery then started to kneel down and weep deeply.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.)   When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.) I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2015, 10:19 pm

Hannah couldn't help but to laugh at the Black Blood creature who pointed a giant finger at her before he two was engulfed by the orange light. This would be one of her favorite switches she's performed in this city yet... Or at least she would think so until she witnessed the pain her two victims would experience after the switch was complete. The switch seemed to be going normally as she watched the two souls fly through the air, albeit the fact that there was an odd looking creature holding onto Misery's soul.

When Mara's soul entered and took control of Misery's body, she gave a long sigh and rubbed her belly that was barely covered by bandages. "I can't believe I fucking got swapped again... Damn this body needs food.", Mara said, almost in a whisper to herself. Finally, she felt a horrible pain rush through her body. "Wh-What... Eg... Ennn... AAAAAHHH!", she screamed on the top of her lungs, filling the city with her banshee like wails.

After this, needles made of black blood stabbed it's way out of her borrowed flesh. This intensified Mara's suffering until they finally exited the body she was currently inhabiting and flew on over to enter her original body. The pain then eased up after that until she felt a lump in her throat slowly travel up towards her mouth. This was her soul, somehow it was being rejected by the body until it was wrapped around by thorns like barbed wire. After this torment, all of the pain faded away. Leaving a exhausted Mara how was trying her best to catch her breath while she panted.

Mara who was currently sitting right on the floor, finally she got up onto her feet and took a look at her old body that had Allister coming out of her back. This sight sent a cringe through her new body, clearly showing how disturbed this whole scenario was making her feel. Mara was quick to note that the swap was different than her first time she swapped bodies and she could tell that it was unusual too by looking up to see the scared expression on Hannah's face. That was when Hannah decided it was time for her to get away and she fled by jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

Too weak to attempt chasing after her, Mara walked on over to Misery and knelt down by her side, placing a hand over her back in a comforting manner, "Shhhh... It's ok dear. Calm down. Crying like this won't get us into our bodies again. Just take some deep breaths... In... And out. Are you calm?"
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.)   When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.) I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 11:23 pm

Misery wept and actually started to heave before her body... or rather, Mara, walked over to comfort her. Looking down at her hands lying on her knees, tears came down rapidly out of her eyes. Why did this happen? What did she do? She didn't hurt anyone so why? Why!? It was around this time Misery realized she was going over the edge and had to calm herself down. She then focused only on what Mara was saying. 'Deep, breaths... In... Out... In... Out... In... hah, out.' Misery could feel her head clearing and Allister started to relax as well. He felt terrible not knowing Misery's feelings earlier. How long had she been keeping her thoughts in?

Misery then started to lift her head and wiped her eyes of tears, looking over to "Mara." "What... what is this? Why has she done this to us? Is she trying to capture me and Allister? I don't understand..." Allister wanted so much to say something to ease Misery's suffering, but if he tried to speak to her now, she would just be angry. Instead he did the best thing he could, and passed the torch. "Mara, look after her for me." And before anything could be said Allister was absorbed back into Misery's new body. It was then that Misery spoke again. "Why? Why does it hurt... so much?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.)   When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When The Lights Go Out (Private, Idoc and me. Ask for permission.)
Page 1 of 1