Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leaving a Trail (Open to All)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

Leaving a Trail (Open to All) Empty
PostSubject: Leaving a Trail (Open to All)   Leaving a Trail (Open to All) I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2015, 12:05 am

Tmp. Tmp. Tmp.

Footsteps echoed as a tall, horned creature made its way down the city streets. Alastar had been 'living' in the city's underground for an unpleasantly long time and he was craving some entertainment. He had heard that Death City was indeed full of intriguing people, but everyone he met seemed to be a tad afraid of him. And so, it became his goal to meet someone who wasn't stereotypically afraid of his appearance. Maybe the ink trail he was leaving wasn't helping... He turned around and saw the black stains on the ground. He grumbled and looked forward again.

It was difficult to live how he did, but the wraith wasn't one to complain. He had been amused by the rats down in the sewers and they served as decent meals, as well. Not that he really needed to eat, but it gave him something to do, so he was content with the hobby. Though his old healing roots started to show again. Though whenever he so much as looked at a sick human, it brought back bad memories. So, the wraith denied the need.

His arms hung limply at his sides as he continued down the road, and he started to notice that people incidentally started to walk on the opposite side of the road. You could say that he wasn't off to a great start on his little journey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leaving a Trail (Open to All)   Leaving a Trail (Open to All) I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2015, 12:31 am

Robin peddled down the street he was in his usual coffee house uniform, which is to say his school uniform with a special hat on it. Well a special hat attached by a thin string over his helmet. He came to a stop next to an ally way, he had peddled far enough. With today's delivery's complete he could afford to stop before going home. He was glad he only worked two school days a week, he had a project to work on since all of his partners were 100% sure to flake on him and he knew he would need to get to work as soon as he got home. He wished he could have just flyed to all of the places that needed a delivery, but he knew that he was supposed to stay out of trouble and that Sorcerers were not wanted in death city.

The eleven year old Sorcerer unstrapped his helmet and removed the string for his white hat before kicking the stand on the side of his bike to get it to stand up without his help. He had one cup of coffee left, a pleasant aroma would drift from it. It was a cup of coffee with plenty of milk and sugar. So even a young boy like him could enjoy it. He always liked this little reward for himself after a hard days work. It was only half caffeinated, but the flavor was still very much a treat to behold. Just taking it out of it's place on his bike rack made the tiger's tail that dropped behind his legs start waving.

He put his back to the wall and was about to have a nice long sip before he heard a small child gasp and heard his footsteps as he bolted down the street. That was strange, Robin decided. He poked his head around the corner and saw Alastar make his way through the city streets. Giving old ladies heart attacks, making small children scared and leaving a trail of black stains behind him. He looked at the monster making his way down the streets for a few more moments until he would walk just passed him to witch the boy said. "Hey, I hope that no one is giving you a rough time in this town." He said stepping away from his bike and making himself known, his brown hair shining in the hot sunlight. "I know how hard it can be to not really be wanted in a place, here. Do you want some of my coffee? You look like you could use it more than me right now and I have not even taken a sip." Robin would hold out the white cup with a brown trim and napkin forward offering it to the horned man. It looked so big in his little hands even though it was a regular size. He had a smile of his face that would make sure he was sending the message that he was being sincere. He had to hold it up to the much taller man in front of him, why he was half of the tips of his toes.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Leaving a Trail (Open to All)   Leaving a Trail (Open to All) I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2015, 9:12 am

The shrieks that resounded continuously down the street surprisingly didn't phase the tall creature. His expression stayed monotonous and stale. His eyes read nothing and his body language didn't show much else. He was fairly certain that it would be impossible to find someone that wasn't terrified of his appearance. It didn't make him sad or angry, just a tad disappointed.

However, the sound of a calm, young voice changed his attitude completely. His eyes slowly rolled over to the boy that was standing next to him, but still no expression would shine through. The offering of a napkin, such a simple thing, was more kindness than Alastar had been shown since his arrival. His large, clawed hand reached out slowly. His talons gently retrieved the small square and as he did, you could almost see a smile.

He said nothing, because he couldn't. However, once he touched the boy's hand, a telepathic connection. "Thank you." He dipped his head and proceeded to receive the coffee. His eyes finally harbored some curiosity. The cup reached his lips, and his eyes lit up immediately. It was sweet. He hadn't tasted something like that for years. As soon as he finished taking the small sip, he noticed that ink stopped pouring from his chest and that the trail had stopped. He'd have to study this later... The wraith inspected the napkin once again, then looked over at the boy, placing his hand on the boy's head. "I appreciate your kindness, it is the most I've been shown in a long time."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leaving a Trail (Open to All)   Leaving a Trail (Open to All) I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2015, 9:29 am

Robin could not help but smile when he saw the down in the dumps Alastar's face light up when he tasted some of his coffee. "Well I appreciate your gratitude, I brewed it at the shop today." He chimed back, he really had to look up to make eye contact with this guy. Ugg, he wished he could just float up there but he simply had to keep himself from being discovered. "Well I hope you like the pick me up. Have as much as you want friend, first time customers can get a free sample no problem." Usually a small cup, but hell it looks puny in his hands. He thought to himself.

The napkin and the cup would have a unique branding on it. It would have the name. "The hideout." Along with a house sitting on top of a brown and green mountain with a sort of scent trail leading out. It had been his idea for the logo after his friend Alexander had pitched the name. "So what are you up to? Looking for someone? I can tell that strolls are not really your thing, at least around these parts!"
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Leaving a Trail (Open to All)   Leaving a Trail (Open to All) I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2015, 12:06 am

The wraith looked at the young sorcerer curiously, his hands still gently holding the napkin and the now empty cup of coffee. "I'm simply returning to the surface, it's been a long time since I last felt the sun." Alastar explained telepathically. His eyes glanced up at the ever-laughing sun. His smile had once again vanished, but his inquisitive nature remained. It wasn't often that such a young child harbored such interest in the creature. Actually, it wasn't common for anyone to show interest in him. "Well, what is a child such as yourself doing delivering these?" he asked and held the cup up. Why isn't he afraid? The thought trundled through his brain like a through train, with no intention of stopping. As he watched it's tail lights winking in the distance, all trace of it leaving his neurons, he wondered if maybe that was the one idea that would have made him his millions. But, like a good dream you wish to remember, it had gone and left no traces that would help recreate it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leaving a Trail (Open to All)   Leaving a Trail (Open to All) I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2015, 1:19 am

"Oh this is my sort of off and on job. According to legal mumbo jumbo if I have family directly owning a restaurant like the one my guardian does then I can totes legally work there for around a couple days a week for reduced hours. I like me job, it let's me take some strain off a family member who most days trys to keep this entire place afloat almost single handedly. It's not like I don't get paid, I have a bit more money than a lot of my friends." Said Robin, wondering what kind of magic this guy was using to transmit his thoughts into his head. He would have been more weirded out by it but he had a greater understanding of magic than almost every normal person, being a Sorcerer and all.

"So what is your name? Tell me a bit about yourself."
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Leaving a Trail (Open to All)   Leaving a Trail (Open to All) I_icon_minitimeJune 12th 2015, 12:01 am

As Robin explained his job, Alastar remained attentive. He never knew too much about the human economy and it still didn't make sense to him. The wraith closed his eyes before replying. "My name is Alastar, I am a creation of olden sorcery and dark magic. I was once a simple healer that resided at a village that has been long-since lost." he began, showing little care for his lost home. "I became what I am today after being driven out of my home by those whom I loved. Afterwards, I took refuge in the desert cave, where I was overtaken by ancient ruins that harbored an ancient evil that has since taken refuge in my body."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leaving a Trail (Open to All)   Leaving a Trail (Open to All) I_icon_minitimeJune 12th 2015, 9:21 am

"Oh.... Well that's terrible mate. I guess that's how you got that set of horns. Well hell, since you told me all of that I might as well share with you my story. I get the feeling you can hold a secret. I am a Sorcerer, it's not a joke I really am. As soon as I saw signs of being as such my parents kicked me the heck out of my home. I didn't know where to go, for a few months I was homeless, it was terrifying Alastar."

"I met an older boy, he was about eighteen at the time. We were friends, we took care of each other and he became my legal guardian. We moved around a bit, looking for a place to stay. Until we found a good opportunity. We started up a coffee shop, andit has been a big success ever since. Hey if you are looking for a place a place to stay the back of our building used to be a small apartment complex. I can only imagine how wearing on you it must be to live under ground for so long so it wouldn't be a trouble for you to stay a while."
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Leaving a Trail (Open to All)   Leaving a Trail (Open to All) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 10:05 pm

Sympathy. It can mean an understanding between two people or simply a common feeling. Though what Alastar felt was a different breed of sympathy. This wasn't a common feeling between two people, but between a wraith and a sorcerer. There were were that could feel the same way that the two did. Who else could speak so comfortably to an ink-bleeding beast such as himself? And who could feel humble in the presence of a child of a sorcerer? Alastar's face softened as soon as Robin's story was through, and he felt more human than he had in decades. What he felt wasn't only sympathy, but gratitude.

"Then maybe we aren't so different after all." the wraith had a shadow of a smile acrossed his face as he spoke. Well, telepathically spoke. The sorcerer's next offer caught his off guard, but pleased him nonetheless. "I'd be honored to share residence with a sorcerer as kind as yourself."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leaving a Trail (Open to All)   Leaving a Trail (Open to All) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 10:17 pm

"Follow me then, if you don't have any stops to make. Oh my friend, that older boy I was talking to you about Alex. He is going to want to talk with you, I just know it. He's a nice guy about twenty one by now." Robin would lead Alistar to his home, the building behind a coffee shop in the shopping district.

ooc: Want to continue this in another thread or move this one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaving a Trail (Open to All)   Leaving a Trail (Open to All) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaving a Trail (Open to All)
Page 1 of 1