Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lord of the Flies (Dead)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Lord of the Flies (Dead) Empty
PostSubject: Lord of the Flies (Dead)   Lord of the Flies (Dead) I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2015, 3:22 pm

Randir had spent the last 6 months wandering around Manhattan, and he was getting tired of it. He had worked odd jobs all around the city, from selling keychains on Coney Island to selling hot dogs at Central Park. He had even gotten a job at one of those fancy places that sells glass sculptures (he was fired 15 minutes later for breaking a $1500 glass chandelier). He had gotten a little sick of it.
   Thankfully, he had gotten a job at Joey's Pizza ("The best Pizza on Lexington Avenue"), and he wasn't complaining. He had gotten a job as a busboy, and was making an ok living. Joey was even letting him rent out an unused room in the back. It was small and smelled suspiciously of old tomatoes, but it was comfy enough.
   After opening the front door at 8 in the morning, he begins sweeping outside on the sidewalk. People were already coming in (the restaurant had a reputation for being very clean. He might have had something to do with that; the flies seemed much happier at the shake shack next door.) He moves around the people entering and keeps sweeping outside. He was enjoying himself, having someplace to work. Thinking to himself, he accidentally lets his Soul Protect slip.

Last edited by Sullab on August 9th 2015, 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Flies (Dead)   Lord of the Flies (Dead) I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2015, 12:26 am

The bell jingles on the door as a customer enters.

Haney was just in New York to meet up with a contact, he had some private business to attend to really quick then he would fly back down to Nevada. The phone at his ear had his full attention until he looked into the restaurant and saw the proudly displayed sanitation grade."Impressive, You're right Fred a one hundred and three. Quite impressive. Yeah, its right in front of me clear as day." After holding his only hand up towards the sign he  glanced over towards the busboy sweeping by the door over silver-rimmed aviators that would have concealed his eyes if they were pushed up all the way.

"You must work really hard to keep this place clean." Haney adjusted his glasses so that they concealed his eyes.Haney normally carried a gun on him but right now he was unarmed, if you will excuse the pun. "I too have a boss that likes to keep everything clean, so I know how much work you all go through to make sure that everything stays clean in there." Haney would pull a one hundred dollar bill from an inner jacket pocket keeping the phone between his pinky and thumb. Haney would head inside and grab a seat. If Randir stayed outside then he could see through the window that Haney would continue his phone call. If Randir looked over then Haney would wave and smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Flies (Dead)   Lord of the Flies (Dead) I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2015, 12:47 am

Randir finishes up sweeping off the sidewalk and goes back inside. After putting the broom back in the storage closet, he starts going around to the already-present breakfast crowd (must have heard about the new pepperoni morning roll). He approaches the man holding the $100 bill, hoping for a sizable tip. He walks up to the table, putting on a smile (Joey often said "A customer will pay more if they feel welcome"). He says "Welcome to Joey's Pizza, could I get you something to drink?" He notices a fly buzzing near the man's ear, and mentally directs it away from him.
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Flies (Dead)   Lord of the Flies (Dead) I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2015, 1:20 am

"I got it Freddy. We both know where I would be if I didn't deliver." Haney hangs up the phone, albeit a little awkwardly, then pockets it. Haney would hand the bill to the boy as he came over. "How do you manage it? Keeping it hidden from those little flies. You were asking about drinks though, water please Mister..." Haney waited for the boy to fill in the empty space with a name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Flies (Dead)   Lord of the Flies (Dead) I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2015, 1:26 am

"Uhh.. Randir." He tenses at the quip about flies, but brushes off the comment. However, somewhere in the back of his mind, he gets a bad feeling about the man at the table. He forgets all about that as he realizes he just gave him the bill. Heart sniping a beat at such a large tip, he hurries to the sink and gets him a big glass of water, not even thinking about charging him for the ice. He glides back over to the table handing him his beverage. "Would you care to order anything else? Our breakfast rolls are very popular!" This time his enthusiasm is very real, thinking of how much stuff $100 could buy.
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Flies (Dead)   Lord of the Flies (Dead) I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2015, 1:55 am

"Well Mr. Randir, could I maybe purchase some time from you. You see I am visiting New York on business, and I have been longing for a little bit of socializing. So please do me the honor of having a seat." Haney gestured to the chair across the table from him and would offer a well practiced smile to try and make him feel comfortable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Flies (Dead)   Lord of the Flies (Dead) I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2015, 5:09 pm

Randir, looking somewhat confused and surprised by his request. He isnt supposed to spend extended amounts of time chatting with customers, but he guessed he could make an exception for this very generous man. He slides into the chair opposite of the man, and looks at him. From the way he talks, he can tell he isn't from around here. HE decides to get the ball rolling. "So, what kind of business do you do?"
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Flies (Dead)   Lord of the Flies (Dead) I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2015, 10:46 am

The one armed man looked at the boy cheerfully as he sat down. "Well you see this particular time I am moving a 'package' of sorts for a employer. I am afraid I can't give you many specifics due to the nature of the 'package'. What about you, how does this place maintain such a magnificent sanitation grade." Haney motioned a hand back towards the sign that was proudly posted on the window.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Flies (Dead)   Lord of the Flies (Dead) I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2015, 11:47 pm

ooc: sorry, was gone at a camp for a few weeks, but im back

Randir beams, silently taking pride in his totally-not-magic-related work. "It's just a lot of scrubbing and cleaning. We pride ourselves on having the best sanitation in the business." He smiles, having had a good day so far. "Sorry, sir, but i have to go take the trash out. If there's anything you need, just let one of our waiters know!" One toothy grin later, and hes in the back of the restaurant, taking the somehow-already-overflowing trash to the dumpster in the adjacent alley.
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Flies (Dead)   Lord of the Flies (Dead) I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2015, 3:14 pm

It was enjoyable to go back to the way things used to be for Haney. Maybe he could just sit here and ignore the incredible urge he had to go back to His Mistress. He could give up his hobby and just not go back. It would be as easy as just staying in New York. He looks at his phone and remembers that Lady Inari had something important that she wanted him to do. Before Randir returned Haney had left, and all that remained was a $20 bill that had "Sorry" written on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Flies (Dead)   Lord of the Flies (Dead) I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2015, 3:29 pm

Randir returns from taking out the trash only to find the interesting man at the table gone. Curiosity cannot overtake the the thrill of another 20 on top of the previous hundred. He notices the note attached, and reads it, becoming somewhat perplexed. What did he have to be sorry for? HE had given the holy grail of tips, and was certainly is Randir's good graces. He pockets the cash and goes back to waiting tables.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Flies (Dead)   Lord of the Flies (Dead) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Flies (Dead)
Page 1 of 1