Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) Empty
PostSubject: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2015, 9:54 pm

Timestamp:
June 13th, 2015 (Set in the past... obviously)
About Mid-Day

A young man, or a mid-teen entered the academy dojo, walking past the pairs of students that were sparring. The practicing duos took no heed of Xavier as he entered the courtyard of the dojo, which was thankfully empty. He made his way to the center of the courtyard and carefully eyed the line of identical training dummies that were lined up against the wall. After a few moments, Xavier chose one at random and pulled it to the center of the courtyard, grunting from the effort.

Once this was done, Xavier leaned against the training dummy, grimacing as he thought of the grueling task ahead. He had agreed when Grey had requested that they train before their upcoming mission, and he had no choice but to accept. His face quickly returned to a neutral tone as he once again came to the realization that he was a slacker when it came to training and grudgingly accepted the fact. Xavier also knew that he was no expert when it came to combat, and this training session would help him and his partner learn each others abilities, skills, weaknesses, strengths, and the whatnot.
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2015, 10:27 pm

It wasn't long after Xavier had arrived that Grey arrived in the courtyard with one more case of weapons than normal. The extra weapon case contained a sparring sword and a few sparring daggers. He didn't know exactly what they would be doing today, and he wanted to bring extra weapons just in case. When Grey got to where his partner was he raised a hand casually for a high five. "How've you been?" He sat down the extra weapon case and said, "So Xavier, are you ready to get started?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2015, 10:55 pm

Xavier's head immediately turned towards the source of Grey's footsteps once he had heard it. With an arched eyebrow, Xavier stopped leaning against the training dummy and completed the high five that his partner offered. "I'm doing good... wait a minute, I waited for you this time." Xavier arched his eyebrow again and grinned slightly from the sally. "Anyway, I was thinking that we should start with some basic training, you could give me some tips on wielding you. You know, what types of strikes and that junk." Xavier took a few steps away from the training dummy and eyed the weapon case. With a slight shake of the head, Xavier nudged the weapon case away with his foot, and held his right hand out, waiting for Grey to switch to his weapon form. "If that's okay with you that is..."
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2015, 11:14 pm

That was the choice I was hoping for, Grey thought to himself. He extended his arm out grabbing his partner's forearm with his right hand before changing into a straight, glass nagamaki. "I have never worked with someone else before. I can instruct you on the basics, but first hold out your other hand too." From inside of the blade, a black mist flew and formed another glass sword identical to the original formed from it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2015, 11:34 pm

Xavier found himself initially shocked by how light Grey felt in his hands, but he quickly recovered from the shock as he remembered how meisters and their partners operated. Xavier immediately held out his other hand as his partner instructed. His hand naturally closed the second sword that formed from the first. Xavier held both nagamakis in his hands with uncertainty and awaited further instruction from his partner.

(I'm not too sure if I read your post wrong, but let me know if I messed up ^.^')
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2015, 11:58 pm

.     (O0C: I am a bit tired, but it seems like everything was communicated well)
    "Typically I think it is important save the second sword for a surprise, but other than that fighting with me is pretty straight forward. While the increased grip length of a nagamaki can make it a bit unwieldy if used improperly, I have found the extra length makes it easy to change grip position and to transition between styles. Go ahead, give me a few swings." Grey was a little on edge since he wasn't used to being wielded, but he trusted Xavier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 12:14 am

Xavier looked at the second sword with some hesitation and nodded in agreement. "Yea I think I'll stick with one sword for now..." He carefully put the second sword on the ground, unsure if Grey could just... dissipate it as easily as he had formed it. Now returning his attention back to the primary sword, Xavier readjusted his grip on Grey. He placed his right hand directly beneath the hilt, and his left near the end of the handle and gave it an experimental swing. He found that the strike hand a large amount of power behind it, due to his right hand being a sort of a fulcrum. Xavier then paused for a moment before sliding his left hand up the handle until it rested in the middle of the grip. He studied Grey for quite awhile before nodding in satisfaction. Again Xavier faced the training dummy before springing into action. He again did a simple slice, ensuring that he used his right hand as leverage. However, Xavier didn't stop there, he just as quickly pulled the blade back and stuck the dummy with the handle portion. The entire assault lasted a brief second, and the double striked action wasn't too unsimilar to wielding a bo staff. "How's that..." Xavier mumbled, more to himself than to Grey.
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 5:43 pm

The other sword would fade into shadows as soon as Grey realized his partner didn't pln on using it. As his partner began shifting his hands he notice that his partner seemed to have a very good grasp on how to use nagamakis, unlike Grey himself whose style was obviously improvised, rustic,  and focused more on the avoidance of threats. When Xavier shifted his hand, Grey could feel his instincts trying to help Xavier along, but he would hold back and simply watch at first. Once the fluid flurry was over Grey would look at his partner the his weapon form and simply say, "Impressive."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 8:08 pm

Xavier readjusted his grip on Grey and snorted at the compliment. "It's only common sense... I can't imagine that your handle is half your size just for looks...." He frowned as he once again studied Grey whilst thinking to himself. "Well... that just about sums up my experience with weapons... common sense." Xavier held the weapon up slightly, relaxing his stance as he did so. "I don't suppose you've got any special abilities? No offense of course." Xavier knew that meisters relied on their skill in combat to succeed, but he was really hoping for something a bit more interesting than just a sword. It had completely gone over Xavier's head that the simple act of having two nagamakis was an ability in itself.
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2015, 8:10 pm

"Not all weapon's are lucky enough to have their first partner be able to wield them effectively." since he assumed that Xavier meant special abilities other than his replication, he responded, "I am uncertain what resonance abilities I have, if any, so for now this is it. I do dabble in pyrotechnics a little though." Grey was referring to the the little flash-bangs he made. (which are now sold in holiday colors for the low price of $26.99 per lb. + shipping and handling.)-All purchases are non-refundable. Justin Greyhearth and Co. are not held liable for any injuries caused by this product. This injuries include, but are not limited to first degree burns, blindess (temporary or permanent), injury caused by epileptic seizures, injuries caused by DWMA students that utilized this product as a distraction, cardiac arrest, or loss of the ability to perceive color.-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2015, 10:23 pm

Xavier snorted as he took a step back from the dummy. He wasn't too sure if Grey was kidding about the pyrotechnics, so he settled on a slight shrug instead of responding directly. After yet another few moments of silence, Xavier hefted Grey slightly in his right hand. Stepping forward once more, Xavier attempted a few more basic attacks on the training dummy. He exhaled sharply each time he made contact with the target. The meister varied his attacks rather than performing the same strike repeatedly. Occasionally he threw in an awkward stab, which seemed to be somewhat clumsy and incompatible with the nagamaki. Unsure of what to do, Xavier decided to call upon his partner's thoughts. "So uh.... any suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2015, 8:48 pm

"I wouldn't stab so often. Grey paused for a moment as he tried to get together a good explanation. "As I am sure you have noticed it is very awkward to mix them together with other strikes. I find it best to practice them still, but, other than very specific instances, I wouldn't use them." as Grey was talking a thin, line of shadow inside of the glass sword would undulate as he spoke. Grey, while being trained in how to use his weapon form, was not quite good enough yet to offer advice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2015, 9:02 pm

Xavier nodded slowly as Grey suggested against the stabbing "Yea... stabbing doesn't seem to work too well." The meister took a step back, and then stepped forward again to readjust his position. With a quick breath, Xavier once again hit the target with a flurry of swipes and slashes, avoiding stabbing as much as he could. He did, however, throw in a few hits with the hilt of the sword, using the momentum of the backswings of the normal attacks. After a few moments of this, Xavier stepped away from the dummy, and rested, breathing heavily from the exertion.
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2015, 1:49 pm

We synchronize pretty well, but you seem to think that I am a bo-staff with an edge. Instead of trying to batter your opponent with a flurry of weaker hits, you need to make sure each hit is lethally place. Your speed is impressive, but without the stamina to match, it may become a liability. Anyways, though I am sure that your tired, why don't we try resonance. Once we are done, we could go get some food, and maybe spar. I am curious to see how good you are against something that can actually move." He wouldn't wait for Xavier, as he focused on his partner and tried to reach out to his soul. The shadows that hid in his blade sought to escape the confines the blade to be molded and forged into a new shape. Grey went into the depths of his mind to a room with many sides each with a heavy metal portcullis separating the room from what lay beyond. Grey divided his focus as he split into two smaller versions of himself, and he continued splitting until each door had one Grey. They each struggled against the weight of their door merely propping it open enough, so that one would notice when  Xavier appeared on the other side of one.

OOC spoiler:
Resonance that we decided on before (I think):
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)   Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission Preparation (Private, VagrantatHeart and Me!)
Page 1 of 1