Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending) Empty
PostSubject: Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending)   Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending) I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2016, 10:55 am

Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending) Hinata.Hajime.full.1389417

Name Kessler Larrgata

Gender/Sex: Male

Weapon: None

Love Interest: None

Orientation (Sexual/Romantic): Straight

Appearance: Unlike many people in Soul Eater RP. Kessler looks remarkably plain and even... Boring looking. He's not colorful, he doesn't catch the attention of many people... Except maybe from those with soul perception. But other than that, anyone can just look him over as any other regular person they may know. The only trait that may call upon the attention of others, is his height. He stands at 6'1 feet tall and weighs in at around 164 pounds. His skin is actually quite healthy looking for an average Caucasian, his build being lanky and thin. His hair and eyes are a dull dirty brown color.

Kessler has no set attire that he wears, choosing to wear whatever he wants, whenever he wants. This usually tends to be dress clothes and ties during school hours. Off of school hours, he'll sport a pair of blue jeans and a long sleeved shirt. During missions, he'll wear a usual attire to his off school hours, the only exception being his pants which would then most probably be black sweats to allow him a greater range of motion in his legs that he fears jeans simply can't provide.

Personality: Kessler is a very calm individual, very rarely getting excited or upset over anything. He likes to spend most of his free time listening to orchestra or slow melodic dubstep. Whenever others threaten to disturb Kessler's peaceful calmness, he can end up breaking down into panicked hyperventilating. This has rendered him utterly incapable of participating in any DWMA missions up till now. He can lower his panic attacks to a manageable level if he were in the midst of a mission but if he were to fight against others who are clearly out of his league, Kessler would break down into an intense panicked state in which, all he can do is flee from combat. After he's gone on more life-threatening missions, he will be capable of keeping his calm in the most stressful of situations.

When Kessler is with others, he's usually the silent one in the group. He'll follow the flow of a conversation, throwing in bits and pieces of information when he feels it is necessary or when he really wants to. He can brush off insults thrown at him, refusing to argue or spit back remarks. He'll remain stoic and possibly even refuse to pay that particular individual any of his attention. Whenever arguments break out in his circle of friends, he'll prefer to play a third neutral party. He'll give his thoughts on the matter at hand and eventually decide upon who hr believes to be in the right, almost like an impartial judge. Whether or not his friends take his opinion on the matter to heart, really doesn't concern him.

Kessler is also what some would consider a "goody two shoes" and a "stickler for the rules." Ever since he joined the DWMA in his Freshman year, he has never been written up for violating any serious school rules. His worse offenses are quite simply unexcused absences or tardies. Kessler holds the school rules and by extension, Lord Death, on a high pedestal. His morals and religious beliefs are based around the orders of Lord Death. He quite honestly believes Death to be a divine power that he will always be subordinate to. While he is usually calm, he can be enraged greatly by those who openly disobey Death's laws. He will be tolerant towards minor offenders but he will not stand anyone breaking the most important rule. "Consuming Pure and Innocent Souls."

History: Kessler was born into an incredibly fair family. They never attempted to force their will upon Kessler unless it was to teach him important lessons in morality. They never condoned the harming of innocent creatures, encouraging him to be benevolent and kind to others. They would also encourage humble behaviors, punishing him whenever he showed signs of a developing superiority complex. As stated before however, they didn't force their will upon him when it came down to his choices in life. They would follow him wholeheartedly down any career path he choose, offering support if they could. Because of this, Kessler never went through any rebellious phases, he never talked back to his parents, and he never picked on his younger sister.

The repercussions behind never being pushed towards a career path however, was the fact that he had little to no idea about what he wished to be. He was never sure about what he wanted to do in life. He would weigh the options, he could've gone done the path of a lawyer but even Kessler had to admit that he wasn't smart enough to work in a court of law. He could've gone down the route of a simple office job but even this was unusually... "Boring" to Kessler. He also found that he couldn't always apply his set of morals in an office job. Soon though, he would discover a career path that perfectly aligned with his morals.

His middle school was holding a career day, showcasing many different careers that the students could review and decide what they were going to do with their lives. Unbeknownst to Kessler, a representative of the DWMA was stationed here. He was reading the souls of the students, decisively picking out students that possessed unusual soul types. Spotting Kessler, he would discover that he was a possessor of an extremely rare soul type; Grigori. He immediately arranged a meeting with Kessler. It was at this meeting that Kessler was thoroughly introduced to the DWMA. He was slightly familiar with the name of the school but he never looked into it too deeply. But once he had, he was shocked at how well the school's rules aligned with his morals. It was decided, Kessler was going to become a Meister for the Academy, fighting for Lord Death to fend off the demons known as Kishin Eggs.

Kessler enrolled into the DWMA as soon as he could. He began his Freshman year studying combat, adopting different techniques that he would slightly alter by incorporating his additional Exorcism Wavelength. He didn't accept a single mission during his Freshman year or even found a partner for that matter. Instead, he focused on training vigorously. Now that he has become a Sophomore, he believes he is ready to find a partner and eligible to take on missions.

Abilities
AbilitiesDescriptionRequirement to unlock ability
Exorcism ResonanceNo matter what resonance Kessler preforms with a Weapon, its attack can purge a corrupted opponent of 5 souls if the attack isn't a killing blow.N/A
Sound MindKessler and his Weapon can not be affected by any mind altering Spells, Madnesses, or Illusions.N/A
Purging Soul MenaceKessler can strike an corrupted opponent with a Soul Menace that can purge 15 consumed souls. He can only use this 5 times in a single thread. After training with this ability by successfully performing it 15 times, he'll be capable of using it with little to no effortN/A
Exorcism BeamKessler can fire a beam from his hands that can purge ten souls from a corrupted opponent. Can only use 5 times in a thread.Train Purging Soul Menace Ten Times
Grigori WingsKessler can grow wings of light that he can use to fly.Upon Graduation to Two-Star Meister
Purging FeathersKessler can fire feathers made of light from his wings. These feathers can lodge themselves into corrupted targets like knives. This ability purges a single consumed soul for each feather lodged in an opponent, during each of the opponent's posts.Upon Graduation to Three-Star Meister

Miscellaneous:
Kessler Larrgata possesses an Exorcism Wavelength and a Grigori Soul.

Each purged soul goes directly to Death's Room.

Have You Read the Rules?
"Come with me, power and overwhelming madness awaits!"

Last edited by The Velveteen Rabbit! on April 13th 2016, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending)   Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending) I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2016, 5:07 pm

Ooooookay, so first thing, I'd like you to retread your app and fix a few grammar mistakes that I've noticed.

The next thing I see a problem with is the Exorcism wavelength. You can't just take pure souls away from someone with an attack. That would be like saying any souls a members Kishin Egg character has earned from a thread can be taken away. That is a no no, no arguments, no exceptions. You can't just take someone's souls. The only other thing I have a problem with is him being able to use double handed soul menace being only a sophomore, but seeing as a lot of characters here have abilities just as, if not more powerful, I will let that one slide. Make the appropriate changes and I will look over it again. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending)   Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending) I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2016, 5:48 pm

Did a grammar run through and I'm going to have to argue with you about being unable to use an attack to take souls from an opponent.

Archangel

Beetle, an Adim for this site, has Archangel who can take away 15 souls with a beam.

I really don't want to argue against you Idoc but I felt like I should bring this up for my defense. Additionally however, I can see how a double Soul Menace could be unrealistic for a Sophomore. So, I decided to scrape the ability. I've also put a limitation on Purging Soul Menace so it can only be used 5 times in a thread. Kessler however can train it 10 times to unlock Exorcism Beam, that of which can only be used 5 times in a thread. He can then further his training by completing 15 successful Purging Soul Menaces. Then he'll be capable of using without handicaps

Final Note: Seeing how Archangel can only drain 15 souls with a single beam, I've decided to make it so that no single attack can purge more than 15 souls.

Thank you Idoc, I really appreciate all you do for me and please forgive me for making my argument.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending)   Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending) I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2016, 12:45 pm

Rabbit,

As it stands, the issue at hand is that ArchAngel is a Kishin Egg, a class that is still under review regarding a myriad of traits/abilities. Currently, several staff members are reviewing the exorcism wavelength to tune it to a level that is acceptable for on-site usage. ArchAngel's ability was also present before it was presented as a point of review and, as such, is also subject to any revisions made by the staff. As such, we would like to refrain from using any associated abilities while it is still under contention. Beyond that, it simply doesn't seem feasible for a sophomore, a 16-year-old at that, to possess the abilities and immunities that he does. Utilising an immunity to any form of madness or illusion, flight, and exorcism-only abilities smacks of an overpowered character, especially for a 16-year-old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending)   Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending) I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2016, 6:51 pm

Code:
[size=12][/size]
Beetle, an Adim for this site, has Archangel who can take away 15 souls with a beam.[size=12][/size]
[size=12][/size]
I really don't want to argue against you Idoc but I felt like I should bring this up for my defense. Additionally however, I can see how a double Soul Menace could be unrealistic for a Sophomore. So, I decided to scrape the ability. I've also put a limitation on Purging Soul Menace so it can only be used 5 times in a thread. Kessler however can train it 10 times to unlock Exorcism Beam, that of which can only be used 5 times in a thread. He can then further his training by completing 15 successful Purging Soul Menaces. Then he'll be capable of using without handicaps[size=12][/size]
[size=12][/size]
Final Note: Seeing how Archangel can only drain 15 souls with a single beam, I've decided to make it so that no single attack can purge more than 15 souls.[size=12][/size]
[size=12][/size]
Thank you Idoc, I really appreciate all you do for me and please forgive me for making my argument.

Okay, I'd just like to point out that a lot of my early characters were terrible. While ArchAngel didn't suck as much, if I remade him now he'd likely see a lot of changes compared to the original.

Second, he didn't start off being able to drain that many souls. It took awhile before he could drain more than five. 

Third, oh my god why are you using one of my early characters as a positive example of anything?! My early characters shouldn't be cited for anything except as a example of how NOT to do it. Hence why I barely use them any more. 

Now, as for the abilities themselves, I'd tone it back a bit, to like five or so souls instead for the soul purge attacks, nerf Sound Mind a bit, and get rid of purging feathers and Exorcism Resonance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending)   Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kessler Angel of Lord Death (Pending)
Page 1 of 1