Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] Empty
PostSubject: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2016, 3:53 am

It was an unusually chilly day today in Death City, as Ace warmed himself with a hot cup of coffee at the Deathbucks Cafe. His silver hair, coiled into a pony tail, brush gently against the purple collar of his button up shirt, as he fiddled idly with the plain, yet tasteful gold chain around his neck. Business wasn't exactly booming for the branch at the moment, but, as a Toromaki, Ace couldn't just go around dressed like some commoner. He had to at least give an inconspicuous demonstration of his family's wealth if he were to go out to town.

But this was the fifth time in a row that the Weapon had missed tea with his cousin. It wasn't that he didn't want to see her. He just hadn't yet found a means of breaking the news that he would soon be working with Witches. Bad enough that the family had a strict anti-Witch policy, but having to present one as his own Meister would not be an easy topic to discuss. Of course... this was something that would eventually have to come up during Thanksgiving. Not that it was a popular celebration in the family, given that it was an American holiday, and most branches were from foreign countries, but the Death City branch would be celebrating it all the same. Which, at the moment, meant that Ace and Rin would be spending a very long afternoon together..... and with no one else.

"Man, just my luck. Maybe I should invite her over to make things easier....."
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2016, 4:31 am

After arriving in the city, a very curious young woman had set out in a search for someone. Who that someone was, she wasn't quite sure. She was, however, sure that they shared her surname. Her search had brought her no fruit, and so she had decided to stop in at Deathbucks Cafe for a tea and a bit of rest. Receiving her drink, she sat down, set the small blade she carried on the table and dropped her bag to the side.

The raven-haired maiden rested the side of her head on her hand, staring at the blade from across the table. Her free finger traced the rim of her cup. The red and black Lolita-style dress ruffled as she crossed her legs. With a sigh of discontentment, her finger moved to trace the sheath's design as she questioned nobody in particular. "Warum kann ich sie nicht finden?"
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2016, 4:52 am

Ace's head perked up slightly when he heard the German language roll off of the strange girl's tongue. She was not someone he recognized, and he'd lived in the city his whole life. What was more; she carried with her a blade, seemingly much like the one that his family's German branch kept as their heirloom. He thought it best to investigate. "Wer ist es, den sie nicht finden können?"
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2016, 5:12 am

The woman seemed to perk up at the familiar language emanating from the stranger's lips. She turned her head to the silver haired boy, looking him over with interest. "Ah, you speak German too...? I was looking for any remaining family I may have in the city, but it seems there are less than I thought. Are you familiar with the name Toromaki, by chance?" The girl asked, lightly patting the chair beside her as she slid the blade out of the way carefully.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2016, 5:42 am

"Toromaki?" Ace's eyes narrowed. She doesn't look like a Toromaki. "You certainly don't look like a Toromaki. They're notorious for their silver hair. Are you of a lower branch?" He was hesitant to sit beside the strange girl, as her goals were a mystery to him.
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2016, 6:05 am

The girl nodded, taking a sip of her tea before speaking. "I'm of a lower branch in Germany. Well... I guess technically I was born here, in Death City, but I never got to meet my parents or anything. Mom was an upper branch. I was never told much about my father, but I've been told that he's the reason I was born so flawed. You seem to know a lot about them... And your hair... Might you be a relative of mine?" She replied, giving a somewhat eager smile.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2016, 6:38 am

"Ah I see...." Ace sat beside his supposed relative, still on guard, given the obscenity of the encounter. "In that case, yes, I am the sole remaining heir of the Death City Branch. But if you were born here, does that mean....?" It wasn't entirely decisive, but evidence pointed towards this girl being a part of his own branch. Perhaps a younger sister of his own mother?

Something about this all still seems off, but I can't tell what it is.
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2016, 6:55 am

The girl nodded, deciding it best to introduce herself. "Yes, that would mean we're related, perhaps closely. My name is Zealot Toromaki, but you can call me whatever you like, .... I'm sorry, I haven't caught your name..." She hesitated, waiting for his own introduction before continuing.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2016, 9:38 pm

"Ace Toromaki." He announced his name as professionally as he could, pressing his fingertips to his chest and extending an arm. "Though I don't exactly see how you're born of the Death City Branch with black hair and red eyes. Those aren't really traits from our family. Are you sure?"
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2016, 1:05 am

Zel gave a bit of thought to the matter before responding. "Well, see, like I said. I adopted these traits from my dad. I think... Or maybe from it was from... Can that happen...?" She explained, actually curious herself now. "I guess it could have been a lot of things, now that I think about it. I'm actually quite a bad mark on the family name...." She added, deciding she was content with this answer now.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2016, 3:01 am

Ace was puzzled by the few initial thoughts that this Zealot put out. Though he merely brushed them away and continued the conversation, trying to ignore her wandering mind. "You don't exactly seem ashamed of this."
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2016, 3:22 am

Zealot turned a bit red, rubbing her arm. "I mean... I've come to terms with it... Besides, there are worse people to call themselves Toromaki than me. Take the German branch of Toromaki that I served my whole life, for instance. They dared to call themselves upper branch members, let alone Toromaki." She explained, with quite a bit of malice in her voice before adding something grim and holding up the duffel bag that was beneath her chair to Ace. "Pathetic mockeries. I had no other options, really. You of all people should understand, Master Ace."
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2016, 3:26 am

A cute girl like her calling me master? I could probably get used to that. He pondered, a little taken aback by the formalities still foreign to him. "Well, I suppose that it's good to note that you aren't blind to reality, and- Wait.... what do you mean you had no other options?"
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2016, 3:43 am

Zealot sighed, pulling the bag back to herself and unzipping it. A red glow shown from the bag. "Kishin eggs, all 15 of them. I've watched every one of them consume at least one soul, so I took the Tonbagiri and killed them. All of them. They may have been upper branch, but they certainly didn't respect the family name. People like them are nothing but leaches, feeding off the legacy of the great meisters I should REALLY be serving." Expanded Zel, holding the bag up once again to confirm that it was stuffed with fifteen red souls.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2016, 7:22 pm

Ace's once stern expression eased slowly, then immediately hardened again, seeming to undergo a premature state of understanding before casting it off and settling on the default stoic expression so commonly seen on the Weapon. "So that is the Tonbagiri then. The legendary blade wielded by the Lacerator, said to deliberately sever every limb from each foe he slew because their bones couldn't dull the blade. One of our clan's most feared leaders." There was silence before a sigh pervaded the air.

"Alright, you certainly seem genuine in your desire to serve your family.... although we don't have a particular need for more servants at this estate, given that I'm the only member of this branch left." He didn't ask any questions, just left the statement there, implying that she'd need to convince him of her value to the family. Then it dawned on him this one girl had murdered fifteen of the Toromaki in cold blood, and he grew anxious.

"But you're obviously a skilled fighter, and seldom do branches humiliate themselves by hiring anyone to protect them. Perhaps there is a place for you."
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2016, 1:20 am

Zel seemed to be excited, giving a wide grin and bowing respectfully to Ace. "It'd be an honor to fight on your behalf, Master. I promise I'm more skilled than I look." She stated, returning upright and zipping the bag after stuffing the small blade inside. If there was one thing she could do effectively, it was fight. That she knew for certain... though... she was still probably no match for a real Toromaki...
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2016, 1:37 am

Ace gave a nod, then rose from his seat. "That settles that. Keep in mind though, that just because you're a bodyguard, doesn't necessarily mean that you won't be a servant as well. In such case, we can spend the day going over your duties in the house. Given our plentiful staff, they will be few, but important nonetheless." He would then turn, and beckon the girl to follow. The heir was attempting to remain formal and give a good impression, but still couldn't stomach an overly eloquent orientation.
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2016, 2:25 am

Zel gave a quick nod, quickly moving to follow Ace. A servant wasn't much different than her previous experience, but at least now she worked for her own branch. One that she favored... Not to mention one with moral values. Not only that, but she was also being trusted to defend him? It was a great start.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2016, 4:24 am

A swift return to the manor proved Rin to be absent from her normal daily routine, likely occupied by the DWMA, now that tea was over. Ace regarded the two men who heaved open the large double doors, and entered, Zealot in tow, then proceeded to the kitchen. "As my personal guard, I would prefer that you be the one to tend to my daily needs. I don't like eating in the morning, but for the sake of my own health, you will be bringing me breakfast. You're free to use the kitchen as you please." He would then advance to the, somewhat over-the-top bathroom, and continue his speech. "I bathe every day after supper. You are to excuse yourself from the table after you've finished eating, and run the bath, then fetch the purple and white kimono from the Master's Chambers." After this, he lead the way to the very room he'd mentioned. "My bed is to be made after I wake, and unmade during my bath. Tea is served at 10 every morning in the garden. You will also accompany me any time I am to leave the estate. Any questions?"
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2016, 4:37 am

Zel seemed to take in every word, making mental notes of when she would do what. "Do you have any preferences on food? It would be a shame if I brought you something, only to find that it's something you won't eat." She questioned, shifting the bag on her shoulder. It wasn't heavy... Just oddly shaped due to its unfortunate cargo. With that in mind, she would await his answer.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2016, 5:07 am

"I suppose I'm partial to pastries, alcohol, seafood, and curry." He replied before sitting himself down on the edge of his bed. "Is there anything else then?" Ace didn't seem particularly annoyed at the moment. In fact, he was almost patient. Of course, this wasn't usual, but neither was being around family for the young heir, and even so, the girl appeared to be no slacker.
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2016, 2:30 pm

Zel took a moment to confirm it for herself before she answered. "No, I think that will be sufficient. I look forward to assisting you." With that, Zel gave the room a quick scan to familiarize herself with it. She wasn't particularly sure what to say to Ace... She had a million questions for him, but they could wait. After all, being his guard meant they'd spend a lot of time getting to know each-other. That wouldn't be too bad.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2016, 4:05 pm

"Good." He would lean back with a light sigh. "Have one of the servants show you to a guest room for now. You'll begin your duties in the morning." Ace then pondered for a moment before adding one last thing. "And stay out of the basement, please."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]   A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Cup of Coffee or a Cup of Crazy? [Ace and Ema, Open]
Page 1 of 1