Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gray day, bright encounter

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Gray day, bright encounter  Empty
PostSubject: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2013, 7:16 pm

A class had just ended. This meant that countless of students had started to wander around the academy. It was afternoon already, so some of them were going to their apartments (or dorms, depending from the student). There were also the people who stayed for either extra classes or for some other reason.

Ailbhe belonged to the latter category. Even though she didn't stay to do anything in specific, she liked to spend some of her time to the simple fact of simply being at the academy. She was laying on one of the balconies. Her eyes were fixed on the gray skies. It wasn't a sight to behold, but there she was, lying on her back with her hands behind her neck, staring at it. A small wind was present, toying around with Ailbhe's hair. To an outsider, it may have seemed like she was doing nothing. They couldn't have been more wrong. She was definitely doing something. And that something was crucial for her mind in her current state.

Ailbhe closed her eye as she sighed.

This small presence of nature was something that she found relaxing. Even if she was lying on a cold concrete floor. The thing with nature is that it's hard to find a proper place to lie in without all those little things crawling in there. Sure, they were also part of the nature. But Ailbhe didn't like that part of it. So logically, this was the most suitable option. Nevertheless, it was relaxing to her. It reminded of her from home. She needed that, after all of the chaos that had started to occur around Death City.

But now, as she just laid there, they felt so distant, along with the incident that happened to her about a year ago.

Like there was no one else in the whole wide world...

//Topic is meant for me and IceChika. If you feel that you absolutely have to join, ask for a permission first//
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2013, 8:59 pm

Once classes had let out, Yomi thought about going to a balcony. She loved to watch over the city. There were quite a few balconies but she had a favorite. Near the top. It had the best view.

Yomi put her textbooks away and grabbed a notbook with a silver cover. She had many notebooks but this one was special to her. She finished and went to the balcony. To her surprise there was someone there. That's weird..."Hello?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2013, 4:01 pm

"Hello?"

Ailbhe opened her eye. The realm were other people existed had come back, presented by the girl that had arrived. Or at least Ailbhe thought she was a girl. She didn't bother to get up to check this. Instead, she turned her head backwards until she could see the other one, albeit upside down. Her white hair was something that caught Ailbhe's attention first. "Does she have it as well?" She also look rather childlike, but she couldn't be much younger than Ailbhe. Mainly because the girl's chest was bigger than hers and she couldn't accept that anyone much younger than her would outgrow her. Otherwise, the girl was fine in her books.

Assessing all that caused a silence of five seconds. After that, Ailbhe realized it and responded. "Hello".

Another pause, two seconds this time. She hadn't talked to anyone in a while, so the continuation didn't come naturally. "Are you here for something?" she asked, before quickly turning her head towards the sky again, closing her eye. "Don't mind me. I don't do much when I'm here, so I probably won't bother you much". That was the polite answer. In reality, she wanted to be at peace. Ailbhe could only hope that she was one of those people that were very cautious about bothering others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2013, 4:13 pm

"Im sorry to disturb you. I usually come here after classes are let out." she said clutching the notebook in her arms. This girl was gorgeous. Her hair reminded her of her own only her own hair was silver more than white.

Yomi sat on the balcony edge and opened the notebook, grabbed the ponytail holder around her wrist, and put her hair up. She took the pencil out of the spine of the notebook and started to draw a bird that had landed next to her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2013, 5:11 pm

"I'm sorry to disturb you. I usually come here after classes are let out."

Despite of those words, she stayed. So she was apologetic enough to acknowledge what she had done, but could stand up to herself in her own way. Which was good, as pushovers were annoying. But it didn't help much in this situation. Ailbhe could hear the girl's footsteps as she walked further away from Ailbhe's spot and sat down. Probably to look at the city or something like that. "As long as she lets me be, it doesn't matter what she's doing". This was how Ailbhe thought as she sighed and continued just to exist in that spot.

However, curiosity got better of her eventually, which is why she opened up her eye at some point. Ailbhe could see that the girl was drawing. But what she was drawing wasn't the sights one could see from up there. Instead, she focused on a bird. This actually surprised Ailbhe. It hadn't happened on any times that Ailbhe had spend there. Sure, you could explain it by simply saying that birds that reside in cities are used to humans. But scientific explanations didn't appeal to Ailbhe that much. Instead, she thought that the animals could sense something from that girl. Something friendly and kind. Something that made them to feel safe enough to be close.

You can call it being nonsensical. She calls it being spiritualistic.

This sight led Ailbhe into repeating a certain action: closing her eye, only to open it again few moments later, before closing it briefly, and so forth. Eventually, she stopped the cycle, keeping her eye open and raising her body into a sitting position. Progress comes in small steps, after all. Besides, the girl wasn't so far away that she couldn't her Ailbhe's words from there.

And so, she opened the conversation. "Do you like to draw?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2013, 5:21 pm

She was almost finished when she heard the girl speak. She jumped slightly as she didn't expect it. The bird flew off and she huffed. "I love drawing. It gives me something to do when I'm bored. Would you like to see?" She asked. She handed the notebook to the girl. The only part not finished was the wing. "Thats as much as I had got done before it flew off." Yomi had tried to draw birds before but the usually flew away before she got them done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2013, 5:30 pm

"I love drawing. It gives me something to do when I'm bored. Would you like to see?" Ailbhe nodded as an answer. The girl handed her notebook over to her, with Ailbhe accepting it, obviously. It was open on a page which contained a nearly finished drawing of a bird. "That's as much as I had got done before it flew off." "Sorry", was her automatic response. It was a genuine apology; she simply was keen to react to such situations with haste. Ailbhe flipped a few more pages. There were more unfinished birds, along with some other drawings.

Ailbhe decided to give her honest opinion. "These are not bad", she said as she flipped trough pages. "The unfinished birds are hardly your fault". This was very true. Birds were surprisingly fickle. "Why doesn't she just bring bread?". She quickly scratched that thought as she realized that that would require two persons, while she seemed to prefer to draw by herself. Ailbhe returned back to the page that had been open and handed it back to her. It was nice to know that there were still people who liked to draw. She could still remember how...

how...

Ailbhe's attention shifted back to the girl, as if her mind had searched for something else to think about. "Something strange". That was the gist of the feeling. She gave a concentrated look at the girl's direction as she tried to spot the source of this feeling. "Wait..." She leaned right, to see something behind the girl's head. And just to be sure, Ailbhe repeated this in reverse. She was now sure that that was it. "Didn't you arrive without a ponytail?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2013, 5:44 pm

Yomi placed the notebook beside her and looked at the city. "Didn't you arrive without a ponytail?" She focused on the girl again. "Yeah I did. I always have a ponytail holder on my wrist if not in my hair. I like to put my hair up when I draw but I'm not completely sure why. Then again I just like to have my hair up. She noticed most of what she just said was pointless babbling and shut herself up. "Sorry. I'm probably annoying you." Yomi then focused on a figure jumping roof to roof and knew it was most likely her boyfriend, Jet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2013, 7:13 pm

The girl's explanation was a bit longer than Ailbhe had expected. And longer than she herself had expected as well, as she quickly added an apology. "It's fine". She held a small pause before she decided to elaborate. "I haven't had many conversations since... I stopped having a partner". Ailbhe stopped herself from telling everything. It wasn't a conscious decision. If it had been, she probably wouldn't have been able to keep it. "Although it's the eye I miss more", she continued, to trail the topic away from the fact that she didn't have a partner. "Because of that, I'm not even allowed to be at school's balconies by myself". Yet another small pause ensued. Ailbhe brought her left index finger to her own lips during it, and finally broke it. "Shhhhh". It was her attempt at being comedic. Whether she actually succeeded in it or not was secondary, as the purpose was derailment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2013, 7:30 pm

Stopped having a partner? So she doesn't have one..." Yomi quickly dismissed this for the time being. Yomi laughed slightly at the girls attempt to be funny. "Dont worry. I can keep a secret. I don't mean to pry or anything but what 'eye'? You don't have to answer if you don't want to." Yomi added the last part quickly. She didn't want to be rude.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2013, 12:20 pm

The other girl's follow-up was... odd. It was odd enough to make Ailbhe to tilt her head, as to imply a wordless question: "Is that a serious question?" It seemed to be. This was a better option than it being a joke, because Ailbhe hated it when people were joking about her eye.

And so, Ailbhe started to explain the situation to the girl. She started by bringing her left index up to her own face, sliding it along a scar that was there. It stopped over the left eye. "This eye". Ailbhe tapped it a few times to emphasize this. "I lack depth perception. Distances are hard to see without it". She took few steps towards the edge and peeked over it, seeing most of the building below. "That's why I shouldn't be here. It's much more likely for me to fall than others, in their opinion". Ailbhe sighed as she turned her gaze back towards the girl. "They're overprotective on that regard. It's not I'm planning to start running on the ledges or something stupid like that".

Realizing what she was doing, which was ranting, Ailbhe quickly turned her gaze back to the scenery that could be seen from up there. "Sorry. It seems that I'm still a bit sensitive about that". Things that you can learn by simply speaking to others are impressive, it seemed. It gave a chance to reflect things. To be assured that how you saw the world was normal. Or the opposite. Ailbhe couldn't be the judge of that.

Her gaze turned towards the girl again, waiting for her response.

But the girl could be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2013, 12:41 pm

Yomi turned her head to look over the city. She gave a small half smile. "Overprotective? Heh, I can understand that." Yomi sighed and looked down and her smile faded. "Ever since my mother passed away, dad has kept a close eye on me." She looked back at the girl and her smile reappeared. "He is a teacher here at the academy, Ryu Vallhen. I know it's not as strict as yours, but but my dad is overprotective of me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2013, 3:16 pm

"Overprotective? Heh, I can understand that." Ailbhe tilted her head as a response to this. This time, it was out of curiosity.

And then, it was time for Ailbhe to hear something about someone else's life. Dead mother. And because of that, the father became overprotective. And on top of that, he was a teacher here at DWMA. "I can imagine. I used to have a friend whose father was like that. I think that once he... Hold on, Vallhen?" Another small detail that managed to sidetrack Ailbhe's track of thought. "But isn't he a bit... young?"

Mr. Vallhen wasn't extraordinary young for a teacher. Ailbhe recalled that he was around 30 or something. But this girl was somewhere around Ailbhe's own age. Which would mean that...

On the second thought, Ailbhe regretted asking that. This was all getting too personal, on both ends. "Same applies to you: you don't have to answer if you don't have to". There. Now she had two options. That was enough to ease Ailbhe a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2013, 3:53 pm

She sweatdropped. This conversation had gotten weird. "Yeah, I rather not answer that." Yomi picked her notebook back up and started drawing something. Occasionally she would look at the girl then back at her notebook. "I just realised something. I don't know your name. I'm Yomiari, you can just call me Yomi." She said not looking up from her notebook.what she was drawing was sure to surprise the girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2013, 3:02 pm

"I just realized something. I don't know your name. I'm Yomiari, you can just call me Yomi."

Ailbhe had been thinking for a while that something was missing. Now she was reminded from what it was: introductions. "Pleased to meet you, Yomi. My name is Ailbhe. Ailbhe Quirke". She would probably have to show how to write it at some point. She could have asked a permission to use Yomi's pen and notebook to do so, but she seemed to be drawing something again. And considering how Ailbhe technically caused the bird to leave this time, she didn't want to interrupt her now. Instead, she tried to elaborate on her introduction. "A one-star meister whose main job has been to attend classes and practice for a past year or so". But this was more of Ailbhe's fault than anyone else's. Despite of her current disadvantages in physical capability, she could still be a capable fighter.

The only problem was the weapon. Ailbhe hadn't been actively been searching for a weapon in that period of time, due to the events that had happened. And as every meister and weapon knows, partnership was impossible if it wasn't based on mutual agreement of some sort. Ailbhe would still be able to do all kinds of supplementary tasks, but that was basically it.

A small wind started to blow once again. The girl was still drawing, with Ailbhe watching, not knowing what was being drawn. The wind was only thing that kept the silence away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2013, 4:11 pm

"A Miester? I'm a weapon unlike my dad." Yomi said looking at the girl again. She looked back at her notebook. "Aaaand finished!" Yomi said while putting her pencil back in the spine of the notebook. She held it up to the girl and smiled. It was a detailed drawing of Ailbhe. "Do you like it? If you do you can keep it." She said still smiling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2013, 5:47 pm

"A Meister? I'm a weapon, unlike my dad."

Ailbhe nodded to this. She pondered a bit on what kind of weapon she was, but that was a futile attempt. A weapon could literally be anything. It was magnificent to see such a variety, but it made it hard for a person to guess stuff like that. "Aaaand finished!" Ailbhe's attention was drawn from hypothetical forms to this very moment. The mystery was about to be revealed. Yomi smiled as she let Ailbhe to see it.

Ailbhe's eye actually widened from the surprise. Yomi had drawn her. It was all in gray, as you could expect from a pencil drawing. But it was really good. Her face, her outfit, even her expression were drawn with precision. A picture of a rather cold-looking girl with a scar.

"I like it. I like it a lot. You're a good drawer. You really are", Ailbhe responded, repeating herself accidentally. A minor loss of words, it seemed.

But it should be mentioned that the drawing was no longer accurate. It depicted someone, who had remained slightly expressionless for a long time. But Ailbhe, at this very moment, wasn't like that. To be willing to use time and effort into something regarding her, instead of simply treating her like you treat a stranger. To be willing to do so simply because the person wanted to do so, instead of some external motivation. An act of kindness. It felt like it had been such a long time since it had happened.

And so, for the first time in a year, Ailbhe was smiling. She had smiled during that time, but not like this. It wasn't only her mouth that expressed it. It was her whole face that was practically shining. Yet it was over something as simple as a portrait. Loneliness can change perspectives in interesting ways.

"I'm happy to keep it. If you want so. I mean it. I really do", Ailbhe continued with excitement, still smiling and still speaking in fragments. She was really glad that she had come to the balcony today. It may not have gone how she planned it to, but this event was a much better alternative. It had also planted a certain question into her mind. But currently, she didn't want to ask it. She didn't dare to. It might seem out of place, or something like that. That's how she reasoned it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2013, 6:00 pm

"Thank you. Im glad you like it. You are actually the first person I've drawn, believe it out not." Yomi was happy to see the girl smiling. She loved to make people happy. Gently she tore the page out of the notebook and handed it to her, still smiling the whole time. She had met a new friend today and that made her happier. At least she saw Ailbhe as a friend. She didn't know about her. Either way, she will always be a friend to Yomi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2013, 6:18 pm

"Thank you. I'm glad you like it. You are actually the first person I've drawn, believe it out not."

Yomi then, after those words, tore the page containing the picture out of her notebook in a gentle manner. Ailbhe accepted with similar amounts of grace. She also folded it couple of times so that she could carry it better in her hands. Her uniform lacked big pockets and the ones in her belt were insufficient for something like this. She also did something else. Ailbhe had noticed an opportunity in the conversation which could possibly enlighten her in something. Something, that had just formed in her head few moments ago, possibly against her better judgement. "I'm really the first? You'd think that a family member would be the first. Or some friend or boyfriend. Or your meister, even".

There. That was as direct as Ailbhe could inquire about it at the moment. Maybe she would be able to ask it more properly and directly when her emotions would calm down more, as she was still partially in her momentary rush of joy. You could still hear that in her voice. And see it on her face as well, actually. It's not like it was something that could, or should, be contained anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2013, 11:29 am

"Well yeah but, I keep my drawings a secret so I don't get a chance to draw my family or friends or anyone. You should feel special. You are one of the two people who know that I draw." This was true. Yomi didn't want people to know that she drew but, she doesn't really know why.

Yomi say the joy still present on Aibhe's face. Sh keep her smile on her face this whole time. It was fun to talk to someone openly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2013, 6:14 pm

Ailbhe nodded as a response. "I will". Having something like that as a secret seemed a bit weird, but Ailbhe wasn't going to judge people's actions right out of blue. In something as mundane as this, anyway. "But I still don't know whether she has a meister or not".

Ailbhe gazed briefly upwards. The skies were still gray. This should have been somewhat obvious even without looking, as the whole sky was covered with them the last time she had gazed up there, few moments ago. It had remained the same, in a static state. It would take time before things would be otherwise. She had had time. Maybe... just maybe it was time for her situation to change as well. This seemed like a perfect change.

Or so it seemed, anyway. How could she know whether it was genuine interest and not some form of pity Ailbhe had encountered for a while? And what could possibly make her a possible candidate to be someone's meister? She was half blind and couldn't even go outside without proper preparations. Even if she wouldn't turn her down because of those, she could already have a partner. Was this really a situation which seemed perfect?

"No".

Was a chance of rejection more than likely?

"Yes".

Would it be worth it?

Ailbhe's gaze turned downwards, focusing on Yomi once more. "Yes". She had found her resolve. It had to be done now while she still had it. She could do it. "I'm going to be perfectly honest here". Words, that had resided inside of her mind, finally started to reach her mouth as well. "I don't know if you have a meister". Ailbhe could feel that she was nervous. She could actually feel it on her body. "But if you don't...". Her speech cut off. She had to force herself to finish that sentence before she would be overcome by a lack of conviction.

"Could you be my weapon?" And she succeeded. However, the tension that she felt didn't go away by simply forming her desire into words. She would have to wait for the answer, no matter what it would be. Even her face felt like it was on fire. "Oh god. I'm not blushing, am I?" (She wasn't).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 3:55 pm

Yomi had stated drawing a lily loosing its petals. Then she heard the question and stopped drawing. She could her the nervousness in her voice. "Be your weapon? Yomi said as she looked at the girl. She smiled. "Sure! I'd love too!"

The first person Yomi asked to be her Meister turned her down rather harshly. She was only in her second year at the DWMA. After that she told herself she would wait until someone asked her.

And now someone did.

Yomi was so happy it was hard to contain. He wanted to tell everyone she had a miester. She wanted to run around screaming it childishly. But she didn't fearing embarrassment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 6:09 pm

"Be your weapon?"

"Sure! I'd love too!"

Ailbhe's whole being, which had just managed to calm itself down from the earlier burst of joy, was hit with another surge of happiness. A bright smile returned to her face again, even if it was straining her muscles. She was also fidgeting in small amounts, as if even her body wasn't completely sure on how to react. Her eyes were a bit watery as well, but not watery enough to cause tears to fall down her face. That was the result of Ailbhe's constant attempts to restrain her emotions. But as one can probably tell, it's not her forte.

She simply was so happy. After her weapon had left her, she was devastated. Sulking around the academy, focusing on anything but a weapon. Ailbhe had almost given up hope on anyone even wanting to be her weapon.

And now someone did.

Ailbhe was so happy that she could have hugged Yomi. But she deemed as it being too sudden, and too soon, so she didn't. But Yomi looked happy as well."I'm so glad that I came to the balcony today". Ailbhe was only half-aware that she said that out loud. "We should probably set up a meeting..." she continued on. It was only at this point when the thought occurred that her internal monologue wasn't as internal as she thought it to be.

"I'm not talking out loud, am I?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 6:30 pm

Yomi giggled. He saw the happiness on her face and she was pretty much glowing. Yomi smiled one of the biggest smiles she ever had. She hugged her new partner then quickly drew back. "Heh...sorry..." Yomi sweat dropped and looked at her note book and started drawing, embarassed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2013, 6:21 pm

Yomi didn't respond to Ailbhe's thoughts. She was glad. That meant that she hadn't said anything out-loud (false).

The hug did surprise her. But it wasn't an unpleasant surprise. Not by a long shot. Ailbhe was about to hug back, but Yomi suddenly backed away from it. "Heh...sorry...", she said in a slightly embarrassed tone before resuming to draw. Ailbhe, on the other hand, stood there for a moment. She was so close to getting a hug out of her system that being interrupted felt a bit baffling. "It's okay", she said as she quickly regained her composure. "Hugs aren't... unpleasant".

"Anyway", Ailbhe said as she clapped her hands together. "We should probably arrange a meeting. You know, to establish this relationship better". Realizing how that sounded like, she felt a need to add something. "As a meister and a weapon, I mean. Perhaps at the training grounds". Considering how Ailbhe didn't know Yomi's form as a weapon, or even if their wavelengths matched, that seemed like a logical idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gray day, bright encounter    Gray day, bright encounter  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gray day, bright encounter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next