Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] Empty
PostSubject: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2014, 11:04 pm

Date: Approx. two months after abduction
Time: 11:42pm PDT
Current Users: Lani, Deth
Original Characters Involved: Antonio (Lani), Rogue (Lani), June (Deth)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had taken nearly two hours for Antonio to finally shove passed his roommate, classmate, and friend, but by that point, he was too stubborn and already packed. Rogue had sighed and relented, bringing his own pack along with him as the Italian struggled to fall back into his same old routines. After the abduction, he'd taken a while to recover, both from the physical ailments and the psychological abrasians. He was still trying to piece his life back together, from schoolwork to jobs to his own personal life and hobbies. Tony loved these late night patrols, these scouting missions that occasionally turned into Easter Egg hunts (or perhaps more accurately Kishin Egg hunts). It sent adrenaline coursing through his veins and made him feel more useful, more alive. He wanted that back, that freedom, that relative normalcy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooc: I feel like I should be shot for that pun xD

As for joining this thread: If your character would LOGICALLY be out this late at night, roaming the streets, then you are free to join.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 10:26 am

(OoC: That pun was so bad it took me a minute before I realized what it even was :/)

A yawn escaped June as she wandered around the streets. It was still difficult to get used to going out at night to look for souls, probably because she kept putting it off, but it was the only real choice she had. She couldn't leave durring the day or someone would notice her fighting people and if she didn't gain power, it would only be a matter of time before the DWMA found her and sent some super-powerful team to take her down.... At this point, it seemed like just fighting a pair of students normally wouldn't be that bad if she could just get some rest. After a while, she turned around the corner rubbing her eyes and bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry, I just...." She drowzilly started before glancing up at them. One of them had piercings on his face and the other one looked like... a ninja? Suddenly, June jumped back from them and started to reach for her sword before she stopped and thought about her situation. She must have accidently activated her mirror sight and been drawn to the guy's piercings without realizing it. And the other guy... he was either an actual ninja or he was someone coming home from a day of cosplaying.... But something told her there wouldn't be that many people running around in costumes in the middle of the night on accident.

Unsure about them, June went with the first thing that entered her mind. "I guess you guys had trouble sleeping too?" She asked, rubbing her yellow eyes.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 10:37 am

ooc: Yeah, well... it was late and my brain operates funny.

ic:
Rogue looked nearly about to jump out of his skin. His hand went to the throwing knife at his belt out of instinct, but Antonio had already caught his arm and was easing it back down.

"You could say that," the older one said, smiling and fiddling with the piercing in his ear. "Late night walks and what not. Can't sit still anymore." He elbowed his friend in the side as a sort of nudge and the other boy flinched.

Rubbing his rib cage, Rogue bowed his head, tossing his hood over his hair with the action. "Yeah... sorry about that. I..." He closed his eyes, collecting himself before speaking again, standing straighter and pulling confidence out of the depths of his mind. "I'm Rogue." He nodded to his friend.

"Tony," the other one said, holding a hand out, eyes scanning the girl up and down. "And who do we have the fine pleasure of meeting so late at night?" There was a smirk already tugging at his face and Rogue sighed beside him, shaking his head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 11:47 am

June winced slightly at his smug grin. Something about the piercings and the fact he was walking around at night just made everything about his expression seem worse. But he didn't seem like a bad person, at least, not that bad of a person.... She just had to be a little careful.

"I uhh... June. June Maywell...." A slight smile crossed her face as she shook his hand. They seemed to know eachother, so there was a good chance they were from the DWMA. "So your friend there..." She started awkwardly, trying to start a conversation. Her eyes looked down at the ground as she started to realize how dumb her thoughts would sound to them. "He... wouldn't happen to be... you know.... A ninja, right?" A slight blush crossed her face as she finished.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 12:07 pm

Tony laughed to himself, dropping his hand from the piercings. "Antonio Salvai, if we're going to be so formal." He looked over at Rogue, who had, by now, pulled his hood over his eyes. Antonio shook his head. "He's trained, technically, as an assassin, but the mask itself..." He turned to Rogue, pulling the hood off and the mask down, revealing the blushing, rather nervous, man beneath. It seemed as though the assassin in question was trying to shrink into nothing. "He's actually just shy, especially around beautiful women." He winked and Rogue flat-out groaned, pulling his mask back up and shaking his head.

"I... I apologize for him," he said, sighing. "He's... well, Tony."

"And proud of it!" Salvai said, smirking and making a gesture as though he was tipping a hat that wasn't there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 12:48 pm

"Awww...." June muttered, trying to play up her innocence. The last thing she wanted was for these people to realize she was responsible for a fair number of deaths. "Don't worry, uhh... Rogue, was it? Yeah, Rogue. I won't bite!" Wait, bite? June had to stop herself from groaning at her choice of words but tried to keep going anyways.

"Actually, that seems like a good idea.... I need to get a face mask somewhere, too." She shrugged, unsure of where she was even trying to go with this conversation anymore, and swept some of her white hair over her left ear. The guy with the piercings seemed to be trying to flirt with her, but she didn't want to jump to conclusions.... But if he did it again.......
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 1:11 pm

The Italian man was laughing again, though Rogue seemed just a bit more comfortable. His green eyes showed that he was wary, however, scanning her and trying to figure out why something seemed off here. Tony looked back at him when he realized that the man still wasn't laughing or really saying much and smirked, "What, you don't think the lady should hide her pretty little face either?" Rogue gave him a pointed glare but otherwise did not respond.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 1:41 pm

Pretty? Ok, yeah, he was definatly into her. "I probably couldn't pull off the ninja-thing anyways. It's really just not my style, you know? Uhh... not that there's anything wrong with it...." June started to notice Rogue's glare and began to worry slightly. Was he onto her? Did she screw things up? She couldn't even keep up with that kid with the scythe last time she was in a battle, how would she deal with a weapon/meister pair without her weapon?! She closed her eyes, sensing their reflective surfaces in case they tried to attack. A bead of sweat dripped down her head from the stress of the situation.

"Hey, this is just a guess, but you two wouldn't happen to be with the DWMA, would you?" June asked, subtly putting her hand on her hip right next to where her katana was. Ready to draw it as soon as they moved.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 1:45 pm

Rogue's eyes followed her hand and his body stiffened. He went for one of his knives instantly; Tony wasn't even paying attention this time. "Yeah, we're students." Antonio said, folding his arms across his chest and looking at her, "Why, interested in enrolling? We could always use more meisters. You don't exactly look like the weapon type, yourself." He laughed a bit, shrugging. "Why are you out so late, anyway? If you were a student, it wouldn't really surprise me any-'

"Tony." The assassin's tone was hushed but sharp. Antonio looked back at him, confused.

ooc: Giving June a chance to react.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 2:02 pm

She could feel the dagger move slightly. June quickly switched to her mirror sight for a moment, forcing her vision to switch to a quick glance from the perspective of Rogue's blade. It wasn't out yet, but he was thinking of drawing it. "Well, you know how it is sometimes!" She blurted out, opening her eyes and returning her perspective to normal. "Actually...."

June's left arm dropped to her side as her right hand grabbed her elbow, nervously. She was still in a position to draw her blade quickly, but hopefully it was less obvious now. "I used to be a meister but things didn't really work out at the DWMA. I could never quite get over my fear of blood and, after a while, it was just too much to deal with. Blood, dirt, heights, germs.... I just simply couldn't get over everything and had to leave."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 2:14 pm

Rogue calmed down just slightly, but his eyes remained locked on the hand nearest to her own blade. Tony was looking between them both curiously, unsure. After looking at Rogue for a long time, his eyes finally trailed back to her and his expression appeared to soften slightly. "Why do those things scare you so." He gestured to his own body. "Blood is needed to survive... hell, even some bacteria are. I understand that some things, under the right circumstances, can be life threatening... but..." He took a step forward, reaching a hand out to gently tilt up her chin. His eyes were merely searching hers, his hand barely touching her skin as he spoke. "Why are you so afraid?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 2:53 pm

"I....." June blushed heavilly at him touching her before pulling away and taking a few steps back. Where did that come from? Ok, if it wasn't obvious before, now he was definatly trying to flirt with her. Well two could play at that game!

"It's not a memory I like to re-live. It was sooo horrible and just...." She sighed, trying to think up a story as she went on. "Back before I joined the DWMA, I ran away from home and tried to find a weapon to fight the Kishin. But, when I came back..." She tried to make some fake tears before quickly remembering she couldn't due to one of her Kishin Egg abilities and just ended up sniffing a bit for effect. "They... they killed my father! The Kishin got him, and there was blood everywhere! All over him and all over the room and it got on me and... and....."

June ran forward, practically throwing herself into Tony's arms for 'comfort'. She might not be able to cry, but she definatly tried to make it seem like she was crying.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 3:11 pm

Antonio and Rogue both stiffened. The blade was partially out in seconds, though he was still far too hesitant and unsure to draw it out on the girl just yet. Tony jolted slightly at the contact, pausing for just a moment before wrapping his arms around her. Something still felt off, especially with how quickly she had changed from seeming put off by them both, especially him, to now crying in his arms. He held her to him with one hand at the center of her back while the other one stroked her hair. "I... were you not able to find a partner...? You... ah," he cleared his throat, eyes intent on the top of her head, "You could still find the Kishin, make sure it never hurts anyone again..."

ooc:
Rogue's Knives:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 3:40 pm

Wait.... June detected the blade as soon as Rogue partially drew it. He must have caught onto her! Why did she have to throw out the fake story so quickly, she should have waited a moment for Tony to ask more about it. Now he's going to....

Thinking fast, the Kishin Egg slipped out of Tony's hug and spun around quickly, moving to the side as she seemed to pull a small dagger out of nowhere and threw it at Rogue mid-spin! As soon as she stopped, June scooted her right foot forward, crouched down slightly, and put both hands on her sword. Ready to fight. Her yellow eyes glaring at the assassin, focusing on detecting the exact location of his blade. Why did she waste so much time around the DWMA students!?
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 4:17 pm

Rogue ducked down and forced Antonio to the ground as well as soon as he saw the girl move. Antonio shifted on instinct and the assassin grabbed for the center grip on his handle. His eyes were locked on the girl, his breathing steady as he watched her. "Who are you?" The words were from the meister, his gloved hands gripping his weapon friend easily, though he was in no way skilled with the massive, double-ended scythe.

Antonio's image appeared in the top blade, the one closest to June. He was still confused, but he seemed more aggressive now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 4:42 pm

They weren't sure? Or was it all another game? Well, the cat was already out of the bag, so she might as well confirm what they thought. There didn't seem any way to make that kind-of move look like an accident. "Oh, who am I?" June repeated, taking her hands away from the sword for a moment. "I'll give you a good hint, ok?"

Slowly, her right hand seemed to open up with ice-like crystals lining the inside of it as she reached into it with two fingers and delicately pulled out another hidden knife. The opening them unnaturally closed itself as she tossed the knife up and down. "Let me guess, it's not exactly what you were expecting? Yeah, I get that alot." A sweet smile crossed her face as she spun the knife around in her left hand. "You two seem like good people and I don't want to hurt you. But I'm going to defend myself if you try and attack again! .... Ok?"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 5:02 pm

"Again?!" Rogue's voice alone seemed to demand an answer as he crouched, holding Tony almost parallel to the ground, partially in front of him. "We haven't attacked you once! You threw a knife at me!" He began to stand slowly, holding the scythe in front of him offensively.

"You're clearly not human though, at least not completely." The words floated through the air as Tony continued to absorb her in his weapon form. "Witch? Experiment? Kishin egg?" His head shook. "Doesn't really matter, I suppose."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 5:27 pm

"Kishin Egg". June admitted, almost with a slight level of pride to it. "I used to be human but now I'm, literally, just a shell of my former self. Kind-of ironic but what are you going to do? Stuff like this just happens, I guess. It's... complicated...." Her yellow eyes shifted to the side for a moment before she looked back at the pair. "Anyways, I wouldn't have thrown that knife if Rogue didn't start to draw his sword at me! I'm a Kishin and you're with the DWMA! I know better than to just sit back and ignore something like that. One moment you're distracting me, the next your partner tries to chop my head off."

She sighed slightly, calming down from what just happened. The air itself seemed to be tense in this situation as she tried to keep track of their weapons. "Whatever... I guess it's up to you what happens now."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 6:29 pm

Rogue's teeth started grinding as he fought to keep a level head. Antonio's eyes narrowed and he partially came out of his blade. "He hadn't drawn it yet, and he doesn't carry his sword." He gestured towards the man's built before looking her over once more, "You, however, do. And I, for one, appear to be the only one here with obvious 'ulterior' motives." He shook his head before slipping back into the blade.

"Can't say that you're not evil, I suppose." Rogue said, but he was still hesitating, "However, aside from that throw, we haven't seen you do anything of the sort." He glanced to the blade; his own Soul Perception was still fairly weak and while he didn't want to risk the girl becoming a full kishin, he didn't feel right wanting to attack her either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 7:02 pm

Sword, dagger.... There really wasn't much difference when it came to her life. "Trust me, if I wanted to kill you, I would have done it when we hugged or when I shook your hand." A sly smile crossed June's face as she held her right hand out. A series of fragine needle-like crystal spikes came off of her palm, delicately forming until they were about two inches long before going back into her skin. "It would've been enough to stop you. Then I could have easilly taken your partner before he realized what happened.... But I didn't!"

She glanced back and forth between the weapon and meister. It was so wierd how Rogue was almost afraid of her at first but, upon learning she was a monster, wasn't scared at all.... People were wierd sometimes. "So you could try and fight me and we'll end up wounded or worse. Or we could all just put away our weapons and see if we can talk things out or something." June shrugged slightly. "I've got some nice cold tea at my place if you want some, you know? I promise I won't put anything in it~"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 9:59 pm

Rogue stood up straight, holding his hand out and allowing Tony to shift back into his human form. The two looked at each other for a bit before turning their attention back to her fully. Antonio nodded slowly before reaching a hand out to her in good faith.

"We're trusting you, if only for now; all weapons down on both sides, alright... June?" He was looking at her curiously, both doubt and some deep-rooted desire to trust her evident in his bright, piercing blue eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 10:35 pm

June shoved the knife back into her hand and approached them. She started to extend her hands to shake them, but, after just demonstrating how she could kill them with a handshake, it just seemed like it would be too wierd. She was actually slightly supprised that they'd be so eger to touch her after that, in hindsight. An awkward smile crossed her face before she swept back some of her white hair and took a step back.

"Uhh... I hope this isn't a problem... but could you please keep it a secret that I'm.... Well, you know.... Like this? It's hard enough to keep my life together already between rent and trying to get enough money for blood and, well, trying to make sure I don't leave anything importaint behind......." It was a wierd request for a DWMA student, but she really didn't need people trying to kill her all the time. "I'll do whatever you want if you just promise to keep this between us!"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 11:47 pm

Antonio pulled his hand back, looking more than a little relieved that she hadn't taken it. "Assuming you don't try to kill us along the way, I think we can come to an... arrangement." He gestured back to Rogue, who had pulled his hood up over his face and was looking at the girl through harsh, barely visible, narrowed eyes. Tony sighed, shaking his head before gesturing forward. Rogue muttered something and Tony's phone buzzed in response, but he paid it no mind. "Show us the way, then... and no funny business. "
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Tea With a Ninja   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2014, 10:28 am

"Ok then...." June mentioned, not entirely sure about what was going on. She kind-of meant the tea thing as a joke but... it really didn't matter.... Besides, what kind-of person would try to kill her after being invited to her house and served tea? "This way then."

After a short walk, they finally made their way to June's appartment. It was a pretty small space, but was still somewhat comftrable. There was a side bathroom with a door for privacy, a small kitchen area with various appliences, and the main living room area. In the middle of the room was a short couch and a table. After she went in, June immediatly walked over to one of the corners and took out a folding chair for herself, putting it next to the table opposite to the couch. Then, she walked over to the fridge and began searching through it.

"Sorry I don't have much as far as furnature goes, guys. It's just been difficult keeping up this kind-of life style." For a moment she seemed to pull a blood bag out of the fridge, but quickly put it back in before pulling out a few cold cups, walked over to the kitchen area, and started making their tea.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2014, 10:31 am

Both boys looked around the room with reserved interest. Rogue, on one hand, was trying to figure out if they had somehow walked into a trap --- which, honestly, would have been the most logical thing at this point. Antonio, however, seemed to not quite be able to reign his heart in. He noticed without difficulty how bad of a state she was in. A soft clanging could be heard if one was close enough to him, as his tongue fidgeted and toyed with its ring again his teeth. They both sat down after about a minute, oblivious to June's actions in the kitchen, though Rogue was still on edge and removed both seat cushions before returning them and sitting down as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]   A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Meeting of Chance [Deth & Lani; read first post]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next