Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2015, 11:06 pm

Tap, tap, tap, could be heard throughout the open classroom. There were no desks or chairs in the room, only a single podium in front of the chalkboard. Students were lined up by the wall with the most windows. The one thing they had in common, each student, was without a partner. Weapons, Meisters, potentially even young witch Meisters. All standing next to one another, waiting for the teacher to give any kind of instruction.

Every student was called to this class because they were either new to the Academy, or had not gained a partner yet. Among these students was one, Chicory Madoka, the daughter of a small family of Merchants. She had just started at the Academy and she was very nervous.

Tap, tap, tap.

Which was painfully obvious to many around her. Chicory was tapping her pointer fingers together as she tapped her foot on the floor. Tap, tap, tap. But even though Chicory was tapping her foot, it wasn't just from nervousness, no she had an actual reason. You see, Chicory is blind, but has a remarkable ability. She can feel even very slight vibrations through the air and floor. So her tapping on the floor causes vibrations, these move through the floor and bounce off anything that happens to be nearby.

Basically, say you walked by Chicory on the street, she would be able to tell where you were by the vibrations of their footsteps as well as the slight air current that happens as you walk. So basically, that nervous tapping was a radar telling Chicory where things were, as long as that "thing" is touching the floor. The teacher had been pacing for a while now, as if in deep thought, or he was waiting for something.

It made Chicory a little more nervous and she started to fiddle and flick her name tag that stated, "Weapon." Then the teacher finally stopped pacing and turned to face the students. As he spoke Chicory jumped a little at the sound of his booming voice. "Hello Students! My name is Sid, and I'll be your instructor for this assignment. Most of you are new, some of you have been here a little longer. But today isn't about past experience, no, you all know why you're here. Today you will have an opportunity to find a partner. Name tags show if you're a Weapon or Meister. I'm expecting a few pairs of students with partners to give you a demonstration of what its like with a partner. Until then, Welcome to the DWMA. You all are free to talk amongst yourselves until the paired students arrive.

Chicory gulped as Sid said this and blushed nervously as someone approached to greet her. Her heart beating faster and faster as she thought about what might happen.

(Ooc: Sid rant, whoop! Any partnered pairs can join as demonstrators, but this is mainly for partner less students.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2015, 7:43 pm

Juro, of course, was late. He was running late due to difficulties with the stairs and made it to the classroom door. After running into it with a loud "Smack", he politely entered and closed the door behind him. "Sorry I'm late." He said quickly, fast-walking over to the line and standing in it. Today he had decided to wear the black headband and one of his brown leather jackets, since they were both comfortable, who wouldn't want to be comfortable on their first day? He guessed he had caused a disturbance as he shifted uncomfortably, he couldn't WAIT to get scolded.... what was that tapping sound?
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2015, 2:29 am

Sid turned as he heard a knock on the door, actually it was more of a thud. "Hmm?" He grumbled as he watched the door open and another student walk in. "I can't say I'm okay with tardiness, that's not the kids d of man I was, you're in luck, we just started. Go ahead and get to know your peers." Sid went to stand by the podium as the student started to mingle with one another. Meanwhile, Chicory was merely standing in her spot where she had been, wondering what kind of person it was approaching her.

Tap tap tap she made with her foot once again as she nervously waited for the person in front of her to make a statement towards her. Her face becoming flushed as she wondered what to say. What were they supposed to talk about? She guessed they would probably talk about their skills and her weapon form maybe. But would anyone be able to wield her? What if nobody wanted to partner with her because she wasn't a sword or a scythe? Chicory whined softly in worry as she wondered if she should speak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2015, 1:11 pm

He looked down at the person he was standing next to, still embarrassed even though he wasn't thoroughly scolded. The tapping seemed to be originating from the soul in front of him, his ear twitched as he detected a small whine on top of that. He addressed her, even though he was looking above her head. "Are you alright? You seem a bit worried."
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2015, 11:45 pm

Chicory let out a whimper as she heard the person in front of her speak. She brought her arms in close to her as she responded suddenly and louder than needed. "Uh, I'm fine! R-Really!" She put her hands to her mouth as soon as she heard how loud she was. A bright blush engulfed her face.

She then bowed suddenly before lowering her voice with a sincere apology. "G-Gomenasai! I-I'm very sorry. Please forgive my rudeness." She kept her bow as she waited for the boy to respond. She really hoped she didn't upset anyone by yelling. The last thing she wanted was a lot of attention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2015, 8:38 am

Juro smiled brightly and suppressed a laugh, this person was way too worried about how others felt. "There's no reason to apologize, you aren't being rude in the slightest, if anything you're being way too nice. My name is Juro." He said as he extended his hand for a handshake, he wasn't sure how she would react to that, but it was the nicest gesture he could think of at the moment. A few people stared at them for a moment before going back to the activity in front of them.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2015, 10:58 am

When the boy laughed Chicory blushed a little, thinking he thought her silly. But when he spoke to her she raised her head up with a confuses look that quickly turned into a smile. "Sorry... I'm a little nervous... I've, never been around so many people at one time before. I, want to make sure to not offend anyone... My name is Madoka...Umm I mean, Chicory... I forget people here are called by first names... it's so strange though, to call someone there given name without even knowing them... so... awkward..."

Chicory kept her sweet little smile as she blushed lightly, not as embarrassed as before. Chicory then cupped her hands together and stisted her body slightly left and right. Not noticing the extended hand besides a small pulse of wind coming from the motion that she took as a random movement. "S-So, are you looking for a partner too? I'm not sure if anyone would want to partner with me... but I'm not going to quite. I'll do my best to find someone." She stated slightly more firmly than her usual quite voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2015, 4:25 pm

Juro looked at their soul to confirm that she was a weapon before replying, and also retracted his hand, he was sure she wasn't being rude, probably just didn't like contact or something. "Well I'll call you Madoka if you want, it's a nice sounding name so I have no qualms with it." He said, keeping up his smile.

His brow furrowed a bit though as he tried to figure out what she meant by no one wanting to partner with her, it's not like she was a slingshot or a cursed sword or something... he hoped to go he didn't just jinx it. He shifted his weight to his right side before responding, making the slightest bit of noise. "As a matter of fact I am looking for a partner, and I have no doubt that you're a good weapon. Besides, from what I can tell all strong weapons started small."
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2015, 6:49 pm

Chicory smiled and turned her head blushing, rubbing her left arm with her right hand. She could see that Juro was a nice person and wasn't at all intimidating her. "G-Gomen..." She replied timidly. When he said that he was looking for a partner Chicory placed her pointer fingers together and pressed them together and then apart continuously.

When he had called her a good weapon she blushed and his her face in her hands. "Oh, I'm nothing special really. I'm just trying my best to help everyone. But, you're very sweet, Gomen." Chicory started to turn side by side with her waist only slightly and slowly. She was happy to find another student she could actually talk to without freaking out over anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2015, 4:17 pm

Well it looked like the girl had calmed down, although it seemed like she was still nervous, that was part of personality maybe? Who knew, but he really needed to focus on the conversation instead of thinking and day dreaming.

He seemed to freeze for a moment before responding, which totally wasn't odd at all. "Thanks, haven't heard that very much before." He noted, seeming to freeze in thought again for another moment before responding. He grinned as he spoke. "What is your weapon form anyway? I kinda forgot to ask."
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2015, 10:24 pm

Chicory simple smiled with a small blush on her cheeks when he responded to her compliment. She always loved the feeling of making others around her happy. It was a little hard to make people happy when you're so shy, but its moments like these that keep Chicory hopeful. When Chicory heard Juro's question she had a smocked realization on her face. "Oh, that's right, I haven't told you that have I? I'm a Bō, Umm, that translates to... Staff in English. Oh, I haven't even asked you if you are a Meister or Weapon."

She clasped her hands together in front of her and started to twist her body left and right like a schoolgirl announcing her crush. "Umm, so if you wouldn't mind telling me..." She asked quietly and slightly timidly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2015, 4:29 pm

Juro answered almost immediately, which was not only a change from the usual "waits a moment before a response", but it was also sudden and slightly loud, now you know how he sometimes talks when not distracted. "Oh I'm a meister! It was an AMAZING revelation when I found out." He said as he leaned his head back at the memory, one of the happiest in his life.

He shook it off and continued the conversation. "While I know what a Bo is, I don't know how you would like to be wielded. Everyone has there preference, maybe you could find someone who's a pistol who likes to be used in melee. That would be weird." He almost continued the train of thought before shutting himself up, he was trying to stay on topic.
Back to top Go down
Chase2000
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Chase2000

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2015, 4:37 pm

Calvin stretched a bit as he continued walking down a hall. For whatever reason, he was told to go and demonstrate how it's like to be partnered with someone. Which, would be a better idea if he was doing it with someone else, but, of course, he was with the twins. He dug in his pocket and pulled out a notebook and read it a bit. "Okay, you two, no talking. Just, none what so ever. Unless its about how badass I am as a miester. And if you do do that, don't try and make it sound fake, I know you two are way better liars than me." Calvin told them. He was not trying to have a bad day this day. Should be easy, walk in, demonstrate, walk out. Easy as that. Once he got to the door, before walking in, he turned to the two and looked between them. "Just, don't make this harder than it should be, and we should be in and out. Understood?" Calvin told them, asking the last part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2015, 5:28 pm

The twins were following behind Calvin, not entirely sure what all this was about, he had just said something about having been called to demonstrate something like how a weapon-meister pair worked, or whatever. Still, the girls were in a pretty good mood, they had even put on some of their fancier clothes for this occasion. They had even wanted to not cause a ruckus, but the way Calvin was talking to them didn't sit right with them. Jasmin decided to give him a last measure of rescue though.
"You know, you could have been nicer? We don't cause trouble ALL the time... But since you've been pretty rude already, I suggest a deal. Plenty of sweets and cakes for us, no hell breaking loose for you. You in?"
Alicia nodded in agreement with her sister, while at the same time already making a mental note of what she'd let Calvin buy for her.

((OOC: Here's their outfit: http://www11.pic-upload.de/06.04.15/qeiczgokq5p.jpg))
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2015, 11:41 am

Chicory was slightly surprised by the sudden answer that came from Juro, but smiled at his excitement. "Hehe, It sounds like being a Meister was really exciting for you. Me finding my Weapon blood... wasn't anywhere near as exciting. I don't really like to fight..." Chicory said slightly saddened by thus memory. She never really wanted to be a weapon... but she doesn't really regret it either.

Chicory was taken out of her she saddened state with Juro's question. She actually became very serious as she said her next sentence. She actually even stood up straight as she spoke. "Oh no, that's not how you use a Bō at all. A Bō is more than just a staff or a weapon, a Bō is an extension of the Meister weilding it. Using a Bō like a spear or anything else is like misusing your own body. When a Bō is weilded it isn't just a tool, its a part of you." Chicory's face was somewhat determined as she ended her speech. She was very serious about this topic, mainly cause it was all true, and she stood by her teachings her dad taught her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2015, 3:24 pm

Juro looked impressed at the little speech, partly because it was well explained, and partly because he was surprised it came out of her. He smiled and patted her on the shoulder before replying. "Well said! i'll make sure to remember that." He said.

His ear twitched at some talking outside of the door to the class room, so he turned around to see three people outside of it, talking about something. Judging from how late they were, they were either some students who would be in big trouble, or one of the meister weapon pairs meant to show up to demonstrate. "I think some of the demonstrators might have arrived, not sure though. Come greet them with me." He said cheerfully as he walked over to the door and opened it. He stuck his head out and looked at the three. "Hello! Are you the guys that will be demonstrating for us today?"

Last edited by Hektor on April 26th 2015, 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chase2000
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Chase2000

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2015, 4:05 pm

Calvin closed his eyes and then sighed. He felt bad, which, in hindsight, he shouldn't. "Sorry, sorry. You're right. I should in fact have been nicer. You two look nice today if I may add." He said, stuffing his hands in his jacket pocket. "Sweets and cakes? You do know if you just like, break into my house, Ashlyn forced me to buy here tons of that stuff. you could dig in." Calvin told the two, he then took off his (fake) glasses and hung them on his shirt. "But, hey, if you want sweets thats not already bought, fine its a deal. Now, remember, all we gotta do, is demonstrate whatever we must, and then we are out. Easy as that, okay?" Calvin told them, kind of smiling. He also started to wonder why Hobbes had been so quiet for this long, maybe Hobbes died or something horrible like that. Thats when he heard the door open and someone ask him a question. He put up a finger and shook it without looking at him. "A second please muchacho."

(Ooc: Since Calvin looks totally different from how he usually looks, https://i.imgur.com/CAx6rD3.png)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2015, 5:13 pm

Statisfied with his apology and offer Jasmin nodded and smiled at him. "Sounds good to me~ What about you?" The last part was directed at her sister, who was grinning, too. "Yep, easy enough. And we don't break into houses." Then suddenly, both twins each grabbed one of Calvin's arms in the usual "dating"-fashion. Following that, they turned their attention to the newcomer. "I guess we are, yes~" The twins began pulling on his arms a bit, as if to signal him that they shouldn't waste time with useless conversation. "Shall we?" All the while, their dresses made ruffling sounds, because they weren't exactly gym clothes or anything suited for physical activity. They were meant to show off, which is what the twins intended to do here.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2015, 10:15 pm

Chicory smiled at Juro but gained a worried look when Juro started talking about greeting people at the door. She wasn't very good with lots of people paying attention to her. She was highly reluctant to follow Juro but she didn't want to be by herself. She slowly followed behind Juro as she felt the vibrations of his footsteps. She wasn't able to tell exactly where the other people where but she could hear them speaking through the walls.

She stayed close to Juro, practically hiding behind him as he poked his head out to speak. She was a bit confuses about there conversation... about sweets and... burgulary? She wasn't very keen on the last part, or speaking to people that took part in such things. Chicory then placed her hands on Juro's shoulders, her chest practically against his back. She whispered behind him. "A-Are you sure these are the demonstrators? Something doesn't... feel quite right..." Her heart was pounding as she felt a strange force in the air. It was terrifying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2015, 11:07 pm

Juro only pondered for a second about the seemingly rude response before forgetting about it.When it looked like they were ready to enter he stood back and held open the door for them, intent on being as polite as possible, and of course it was accompanied with a smile. "Thanks for coming and demonstrating for us by the way, quite a few of us appreciate it." He said cheerfully.

He turned his head slightly as Chicory whispered, aiming his ear at her. His smile straightened out a bit when he processed what she said and calmly responded, in a normal tone of voice, since he didn't feel that whispering was necessary. "Don't worry, of course they are. It wouldn't be smart for anyone hostile to come and pose as one. And the feeling is probably nervousness, it's natural when instructors aren't exactly qualified." He said, smiling a bit more then he was before. "I have an idea, why don't you say hi to one of them? Not too hard."
Back to top Go down
Chase2000
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Chase2000

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 10:19 am

Calvin closed his eyes and sighed a bit at both the breaking into his house part and the arm grab. "It was a, oh, never mind." He quietly mumbled to himself. Once he felt his arms get pulled a bit, he understood and started walking with them, just making the "mmhmn" noise. Once he was going through the door he gave the guy and girl a quick look and a smile, but a couple seconds later he stopped for the reason that the guys eyes were, covered? Not exactly the strangest thing he saw in his lifetime, but definitely was, intriguing. He wasn't really planning on finding out though so, guess it would be a mystery unsolved, for now at least.

(Wrote this on phone, sorry if anything is misspelled and if Calvin wouldn't see the Chicory, just tell me and I will edit.)
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2015, 7:05 pm

I would like to remind Ith that it is your turn! owo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2015, 9:33 pm

((Just came back from from 6 days of mandatory workshop, and am tired as fuck. Also, it appears that Chase will be gone for awhile, thus he has tasked me with assuming control over Calvin, so we can continue the threads he is in.))

The Twins stopped pulling once Calvin made to move forward, but they however, did not leave his arms. They glanced at the boy that had come to greet them, noticing the blindfold and wondering why one would cover his eyes. Maybe for training? A second later their gaze discovered Chicory hiding behind Juro. They smiled at her, then proceeded to approach the teacher present. "Alicia and Jasmin Rheyland reporting for demonstration-duty~"
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2015, 11:05 pm

(OOC: Nuuuuuu! Chase, come back! :3 lol. Anyway, thanks for the update. I wasn't trying to rush BTW, I just didn't want this thread to go into stasis. Mah bayba needz her threads! D: :D Anyway, off to the actual post.)

As the students entered the room Sid crossed his arms and looked towards the trio. "Ah, glad you could make it. Now then if everyone will turn their attention to Calvin and Miss Alicia and Miss Jasmine. Mr. Juro, Miss Madoka, please gather with the others. Now, these three are going to demonstrate the abilities of a Meister and Weapon together. Ladies, please transform. Calvin, give us a few techniques you've learned as a team."

As Sid observed the beginning of the demonstration, Chicory made her way back to the other side of the room with Juro, clutching his arm as she walked beside him. She was still nervous from those two girls. What was it about them that made her so shaken? Were they really weapons at the Academy? Would Chicory end up making people feel like this? No, no, she just had to breathe, relax. Although she only ended up clinging to Juro's arm more. She did her best to stay calm as she tapped the floor in order to get a feel of where everyone was. "I wish a was able to see what they were... uhm... Achoo, choo." Chicory decided to play off what she was about to say with a fake sneeze. Which sounded more like a cute little mouse squeak. Why she did the sneeze, well, she was about to say something that pointed out she couldn't see.

Being so close to Juro she was sure he would have heard her, but she was hopping that her words would somehow be incomprehensible to Juro. Which was grasping at straws really. Chicory then leaned on Juro's arm and clutched his sleeve, trying to hide her face in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2015, 2:05 am

Juro let himself be dragged away by Chicory and was examining the souls as he listened to Chicory. His brow furrowed a bit at her unfinished comment, he started to think about this on top of examining the souls of Sid and the demonstrators, so he was practically ignoring the lesson. He patted Chicory's head when she buried her face in his clothes, giving the comforting little gesture as much attention as he could spare while he thought.

Judging from what Chicory said, she was blind. It would explain the tapping and odd lack of head movement, so did that mean she used echolocation to see? Or something else? Who knew.

Now for the people in front of him, first off the teacher seemed to be powerful, probably the strongest soul he had seen EVER, which amazed him quite a bit even though he didn't show it. And when he looked at the demonstrators and started to examine their souls, he started to see what was bothering Chicory, there was something screwy going on with the souls, although it was difficult to see at the moment, what really helped him sense it was the feeling it gave off, it unnerved him. Questions flew through his head and his brain was extremely active, but it looked like he was ignoring the lesson and staring at Sid and the twins respectively at different intervals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)   Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the DWMA (Open Partnering thread)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next