Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) Empty
PostSubject: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2015, 11:23 pm

Novemver 29th
7:51 p.m.
No significant other thread

Mykal Wolven looked out from his perch. He had found the highest point in the city that he could reach to gaze at the city, and to look at his future destination, the Academy. He wasn't going there right away, first he wanted to see the city, memorize it so he wouldn't get lost, and his vantage point helped him out. He also headed up high so he could gaze with his soul perception, hoping to catch a glance at a soul, but figured that he was too high up for soul perception to do him any good.
"Well, I have to go out and find a weapon. That is the reason I'm out, packless, being the lone wolf. To find something to resonate with so I can hunt down monsters."
He sighs, and laughs, as he scales down the side of the tall building he had climbed up. Not much of a climber, but luckily, he had a nice ladder to use. He drops after he reaches about five feet off the ground, landing on his feet, he turns and does a bow. He smirks to himself, as the alley he was in was empty, except for him.
"Wonder if it's because it's nighttime or because this is out of the way alleyway. Probably the latter, but the former doesn't help either," Mykal thought to himself. He walks around the corner into another alleyway, which leads him into another alleway, and another one, lucky enough he remembered to mark his path into the alleyways or he certainly would of been lost. He finally finds his way back into the main road, and looks around. Even at night, there was still some people around the town, though most seemed to be the thuggish type. Mykal shrugs, and he starts to head towards a cafe that he saw from the perch he was at, hoping that a weapon would just run into.
"Maybe a nice pair of legs, that be nice, super nice," He thinks to himself and grins. He starts to walk down the street towards the cafe, or the direction he hoped the cafe was in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2015, 11:37 pm

Sally loved the nightlife. She lived for this, a dangerous time in a dark city that seemed to come straight out of a Tim Burton movie. The city seemed so hostile at night, escpecislly with the monsters that like to roam at night, but that does not deter her. In fact, it feels great to know that around any corner, she could get murdered in a heartbeat. Her fight or flight instinct was certainly keen, but more so towards fight.

"I wonder how many of those pansies are hiding in the corner from me." she said holding her head high. "They're probably scarred I'll burn their faces off." she laughed as she then struck a match, then threw it as hard as she could. She wished someone would have gotten hit just then. It would of made this a whole lot more fun. Just then she noticed something. The cafes were still open. She checked for the time, only to realize it was almost eight."Oh, I thought it was later." she said to herself, feeling a bit disappointed.

Oh well, might as well go into one of these places. Maybe she can get one of the lonely geeks around to do her homework for her at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2015, 11:55 pm

Mykal smiles as the cafe that he was looking for came into view. Even better, it was still open, which was a great thing. He walks up to it, and enters the building, where a bored looking barista was hanging out behind the counter. He walks up to the counter, and the guy seemed to perk up a little, and by a little, he stood up and went behind the counter.
"Can I help you at all?" the barista guy asked. Mykal shrugs and says, "I'll take a simple black coffee, the biggest kind."
The guy rings up his order, and Mykal hands over some cash, taking out most of his remaining travel money. He goes over to a window seat, gazing out the window, hoping for a change of pace from this city because so far, the city had produced very low amounts of excitement. He sighs, waiting for the guy to make his order. He keeps one eye out the window, the other eye on the barista to make sure he didn't spit in his drink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2015, 12:18 am

Sally entered the cafe. Suprisingly, it didn't reek of hippies who are complaining about being oppressed by nothing. Isn't that required in a cafe? Lonely Larry wasn't there either. "Great." she semi-whined. Now she had to do her own work. Shame. Just then, it doned on her that she was failing her classes. She needed to get some help soon, or maybe just wing it like she always does. A D is still a passing grade, right?

Just as she was about to leave, she noticed someone else in the cafe. Just some guy sitting by himself. Jackpot. Maybe she didn't have to do her own work after all. Sally came up to the table and took a seat. "Hey waiter!" she shouted. "Decaf brown with 1 sugar." she ordered, praying that those words meant something, taking out a small amount of bills she 'found'. She then looked at the guy sitting across from her. "Come here often, mate?" she asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2015, 12:33 am

Mykal grabs his coffee from the counter, returning to his seat, just in time to watch as a chick walks into the cafe. She doesn't look at him straightaway, so he assumes she hasn't notice him, which gives him enough time to take a good look at her, and by a good look, he didn't just mean with his eyes viewing what she looked like physically, but also what her soul appeared to be. He gazes at her, not looking at her body, almost looking as if he saw nothing ahead of him, because what he saw now was not the person in front of him, but what made that person themselves.
"A weapon, huh, it looks as if somebody above is watching out for me then." Mykal says to himself.
He quickly went back to looking apathetic, as she turns to leave. She finally notices him, and, quite boldly, comes over to his table and takes a seat.
She yells out to the waiter her order, and the guy huffs, but goes to make it. He smiles at her, and she asks him a question.
"Well, only if you do. If not, then this is my first and only visit to this place." Mykal replies. He grins, showing his sharpened canines. "So, a weapon, are you? Please do tell me what type of weapon you are."
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2015, 9:27 am

Astryd Walked in the cafe, schoolbooks in hand. She had been planning to do some studying in the warm and cozy place. The little cafe always made her feel at peace, and she had a test to study for and some homework. She hated not having a meister. It made her feel useless and weak.
She stepped to the counter, ordering a latte. When she recieved her coffee, she looked for a place to sit. She noticed a boy and a girl talking at a table near the door.
The girl looked like she wanted something from the boy, and she wasn't sure if she should interfere. She couldn't tell which, but she knew one was a meister.Why not give it a shot She thought, walking up to their table. "Hello, may I sit with you?" She asked quietly, brushing some hair out of her face.

Last edited by aflairforfandoms on November 30th 2015, 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : short post is short)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2015, 8:34 pm

"Just sit down." Sally barked at the new girl. God, why do people always insist on asking first? It just builds you up to be knocked down. "Really, just take what you want. Don't ask for it." she lectured.

Sally was intrigued by this guy. He answered her so fowardly, and she liked it. "Good job there, moron. You almost made me feel something." she laughed as she replied. "Though, don't let it go to your head. I'm way too good for someone like you."

How did he know she was a weapon? What, was it psychic powers? He even had sharp teeth. What, was he part shark? She didn't really know what to say. She just took a drink out of her coffee. Wait, why did she order this? She doesn't even like coffee. Struggling to swallow, she didn't answer him, but instead asked "So, what's your name, cool guy? Don't tell me it's something lame like Bob."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2015, 8:52 pm

Before the first girl could respond, another chick who walked in, walked up to them. He, curious, gave her a glance, looking at not only her body, but her soul. His grin deepens revealing more of his teeth, revealing all of his pointed canine teeth.
"Another weapon, boy must be my lucky day," he thinks to himself. The first girl tells the second girl to sit down, and not to ask for anything, but take it. The first girl responds to him, trying to blow off what he said, but he could see that she was impressed. She proceeds to ask him his name.
"Ah, and here I was going say it was Bob. But whatever. It's Mykal (pronounced like Michael-JDH), Mykal Wolven at your service.
He turns to the second girl, and says, "And another weapon has joined us, just so you know."
He takes a sip of his drink, suddenly very interested as what was gonna happen here. He leans back and says, "So, what are both of you? Do tell. Whoever has the coolest form wins a coffee. Let's start with the one who just arrived, so she can, as you so eloquently said- which I'll paraphrase- Carpe Diem, that is seize the day, or night. Carpe Nighte, I guess."
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 10:42 am

"It's called being polite, you insolent idiot." Astryd snapped, then turning to Mykal. "The name's Astryd. Astryd Jones. I'm an obsidian sword." She said calmly, sitting down and setting her books and coffee down.
There was a flash of light and her right hand fused into a glimmering black sword.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 6:09 pm

Sally scoffed. "Polite? What are you, a mamma's girl? If I was polite everywhere I went, I would never get anything I wanted." Sally said. What was wrong with this girl? Did she even have a spine? Disgusting.

Mykal huh? That's a decent name. Maybe he wasn't a complete geek after all. Maybe he could do her homework for her anyway. "My name is Sally." she answered him as she started transforming her body into weapon form. Her arm had turned into a barrel with a tube going to it from her back. "I'm a flamethrower. I think that trumps some glorified rusty junk." she snarkily said looking at the sword with a look of superiority to her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 6:39 pm

He watches the two girl's exchange. He rolls his eyes as he can see that their personalities will already clash if they were to work together. They both introduce themselves, the second girl as Astryd, the first as Sally.
"Yeah, you may be a flamethrower, which is unique, though your name, not so much," Mykal replies to Sally. Her arrogance rub him wrong, for he had spent years learning how to fight with swords, and for some chick, who probably never held one in her hands, to blatantly disrespect the sword like that, didn't sit well with him.
He turns to Astryd and says, "Looks like I owe you the coffee. What would you like?"
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 6:46 pm

Astryd smirked, turning to the other weapon and shooting her a triumphant glance.
She smiled softly at the boy.
"You don't need to buy me a coffee, I'm fine."
She opened her notebook and fixed her hand, neatly beginning to write her notes in different colored pens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 6:58 pm

Sally was in complete shock. "Wait, wha..." we're the only words out of her mouth. She suddenly felt very cold. She growled and glared at the other girl. "Feelings are mutual." she said growling while rubbing her arms furiously. Every part of her wanted to jump at her and tear her apart. She shot up from her chair, spilling the coffee she barely drank. "I'm going outside." she said as she stormed off.

Outside, she was pretty upset. How could she get rejected so easily by something so inferior? What, so some purple rock was somehow fancier than her? That doesn't even make sense. Flamethrower beats sword anyday at anytime. You can't even burn stuff with a sword. How's that any fun? After taking the time to cool off, she then came back inside.

"I needed that." she said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 7:18 pm

Mykal watches as Astyd shoots a look of triumph at Sally, and smiles at him. She tells him she doesn't need a coffee, and he watches as Sally takes a different path, a near temper tantrum path, as she spills her coffee and storms outside. Mykal gets up, grabs some napkins and cleans up her mess. He throws the napkins away, and sits back down in his seat, looking at Sally outside. He shakes his head, and says, "She must not understand. Sometimes, it's better to be humble then proud. I hope she learned that pride comes before a fall. It took me some time to learn that lesson, and it was usually beat into me by wooden swords that my sword teacher would use on me."
He watches as Sally comes in, and silently laughs to himself as she tries to blow it off again. He grins at her, not a happy grin, more of like a wolf baring his teeth at something.
"Now then, I'm looking for a weapon partner, actually I'm looking for a few. I can resonate with multiple weapons, and it be nice to interact with different people, and not be stuck in a rut with the same person over and over. I'm trained in the art of swords for awhile, so, naturally, Astryd, I would like to be partnered with you if you don't have a partner yet. However, Sally, I am interested to see if I could use a flamethrower well in battle, if you'll have me as a partner. Now then, do you both accept? It would mean for the time being I would alternate time between both of you, helping both of you to reach whatever goals you set for yourself when you arrived here. I don't plan on slacking, but don't expect me to carry all the weight. Yes, I know I will be wielding you, but there are other aspects. Don't expect me to hunt you down if I'm waiting on you for our next mission. I won't, at all. It's your job to be there, ready to hunt, and ready to fight. Also, don't expect it to be all about the missions, I am going to be training, so be ready for training. It won't just be me wielding you girls in weapon form, it will also be sparring with each other. But all in all, I am curious as to how this teamwork will play out," Mykal says, mixing between talking and a lecture. He leans back and looks at both of them, not quite seeming them, but looking at their souls again, curious as to what they were both thinking as of now.
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 7:29 pm

She sighed, scowling and mopping some of the coffee off of her notes along with blurred pen ink.
"I don't like her." She announced to their table.
Her curious eyes then turned from her notes to Mykal.
"I don't have a partner, and you think you would have to pull weight with me? You- you don't know anything about me-"
She faltered, her hand clenching around her coffee. "Nothing." She growled under her breath, turning back to her notes.
"Training and reading is all I do, Mykal. I don't need a lecture. However, I won't tolerate having to cooperate with her." She said simply, doodling aimlessly on the corner of her paper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 7:37 pm

Sally got bored listening to him ramble. "Yeah yeah, be on time and practice. It's nothing I haven't heard before." Sally brushed it off as no big deal. "Alright I'm in." Sally said bolstering up, suddenly interested. She then smiled towards Astryd. "Who knows? I might just get to wield you." she told Astryd. Sally then proceeded to grab both of them and tried to drag them out. "Well, mister trainer, there's no time like the present now is there?" she said as she pulled them. "Come on, the night is young."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 7:50 pm

Mykal listened to Astryd, he looks at her, and says, "The only time you'll have to interact with her is maybe training sessions when I don't have the time to train you at separate times that day. Don't worry, sometimes, in order to get over something, you have to get used to it. And you're right, I don't know anything about you, but the pulling weight bit was direct more at Sally, not you."
He hears Sally brush off what he said and he shakes his head. He knew that he was gonna have a hard time with her. As she reaches to grab him, he slaps her hand away and says, "I can walk myself, thanks. And now's not the time for me to teach, the time is for all of us to learn. Sit back down, or leave and don't come back in. I'm in no mood to deal with your antics right now, and before I can wield anything, I want to know who I am wielding, besides a simple name. Like Astyd said, I know nothing about her, or you either. It's better to learn things now, instead of learning them later and putting the team in danger later. Tonight, we talk, tomorrow, I will see what type of fight you have in you, separated, until Astyd decides that she can tolerate you enough to work together."
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 8:01 pm

Astryd sighed, sitting back down into the corner of the booth.
She shot a silent thank you at Mykal, indicating she was tired. Turning her head to Sally, she commented "I'm not unreasonable.
If you're mean to me, I'm mean to you. You're nice to me, I'm nice to you."
She drained her decaffeinated coffee in a long sip.
"As far as knowing things, my blade has to be manually sharpened, or else I am in intense pain." She murmured, hugging her knees to her chest and resting her head on her knees. She then focused her intense grey eyes on Mykal's, making eye contact for a lengthy amount of time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 8:16 pm

Sally sighed. "Fine. Whatever." she said annoyed. What was his deal?

She thought for a moment about what to do next. So, we walk tonight? Oh, so they were leaving. But he said to sit back down. Well, which was it? She can't do both. Just assuming, she sat back down.

She didn't know what to do next. Did she talk about herself or listen to them? She wasn't entirely sure. She decided to do what she always did, wing it. "So, what do you two like to do for fun?" She asked, this time not trying to be a brat about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 9:01 pm

James watches as she takes her seat. He hadn't even gotten up to say that, having continued to sit in his seat. He hears what Astryd says, and looks at her, and sees her eyes boring into him, and they make eye contact. He looks into her eyes, thinking, "Some people believe the eyes are the windows to the soul, which in my case is technically true, but truthfully, sometimes the eyes can't show us who the person is."
He hears the question that Sally answers, and breaking eye contact with Astryd, he looks out the window and says, "I like to train with my sword. I don't have it with me, but wielding it, makes me feel as one with nature. Sword fighting isn't just trying to hack and kill your opponent, it is exchanging blows, speaking beyond what one could normally say. A master swordsman never once speaks, he just lets the blade speak for him. It's a dying art form, I suppose, but it's still a beautiful one."
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 9:13 pm

"I like to read and train. Also study. That's about it.." Astryd murmured softly, stretching and closing her notebook.
"I agree that it is a dying art form. " Astryd spoke afterwards, blinking slowly and then slower, and then slower until her eyes shut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2015, 9:59 pm

"Uh huh." Sally said not really amused. Reading and training are not exactly what she would call fun. She looked outside to see it turning dark. Perfect. "Well, I'm a bit of a danger freak. I love putting myself in positions where I could die, or worse. I like spending my time down at Hook Cemetery at night. There's just something about something jumping out of the ground trying to kill you, you know?" She could of went on, but she then got an idea. "Hey, wanna come with me? I promise I won't start a fire on someone's grave."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 10:24 pm

"I'll go with you, Sally, to see your type of fun, but I do believe Miss Astryd is to tired to go anywhere tonight. No matter, I've learned some things about you, and that's good enough for tonight." Mykal says, reaching across the table, poking Astryd in the arm to try and wake her up from her sleep.
"Let's get out of here. Today, I would say, was a success. Let's me up sometime tomorrow, separate times for you both, for a training session. We'll do some basic fighting because I want to see how you guys go," Mykal says, as he stands up to get ready to go.
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 10:37 pm

She jolted awake, softly whimpering.
"Yeah, um. Okay. I can be available as early as 7 tomorrow if that works for you. Just knock on my door."
She said, scribbling a room number down on her notebook and tearing it off, handing it to Mykal.
She yawned out, a faint blush present on her cheeks.
"I'll see you later."
She mumbled, standing and exiting the booth with her now empty coffee cup and schoolbooks in hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 11:17 pm

Sally got happy. Maybe having some company would make her experience more fun. "Alright, so do you want to go now or what?" Sally asked. "I don't really care either way." She then pushed up her glasses. "I'd walk into an open manhole without these."

The other girl just left. Good, now she could be the focus of attention. "Goodnight, let the parasites bite." Sally jokingly said. She noticed that her coffee still had a sip in it from where she threw a temper tantrum earlier. "Well, better finish it." she said to herself wolfing it down. She cringed as she did. Why did she do this to herself?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)   The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First Meeting (private, Flair, Kaiju James)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next