Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2020, 4:23 pm

Phoebe raised a small, pale brow and looked at the woman, noting that yes, she had in fact been listening in, and she didn't seem to mind that she was fairly obvious about it. "Inventors always are," she said, thinking back on the ones she'd met over the years, though she refrained from mentioning any specifics. "I'll look forward to hearing from you. Au revoir." She told him with a genuine smile and a nod, retrieving her things --- both those she'd arrived with and those she had just purchased --- and heading for the door. By the looks of it, there was a car parked outside, but she didn't get in it, merely handing the waiting driver the bags (besides her purse) and her purchases). She seemed to be taking her time, as if expecting to be intervined.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2020, 4:45 pm

Mark bowed a little as she said her goodbyes. "Goodbye madam!" Mark said with a wide smile spread across his face, most likely a result of seeing Phoebe's genuine smile. Waving at her as she left the shop Mark already started making plans for the evening. He had a few people he needed to contact. After all, he needed a programmer and someone to help him assemble all the mechanical parts and he had two perfect candidates for the job.

Chloe kept observing Phoebe with undying curiosity. After all, who normal offers such big contracts to a random enchanter? Of course, she couldn't deny that Mark was talented and dedicated to his craft, but come on! Seeing through a window that she didn't even enter the car but was waiting for something triggered an even bigger wave of curiosity in Chloe. "We'll be in touch, as always." The witch said, before she walked out of the store casually and with her hands behind her back.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 9:09 am

Phoebe would have liked to say that she knew, on her own and without a doubt, that Chloe had indeed followed her, but she only had an inkling of such based on her history with such antics in the past. Still, she played it off confident and cool as she gave the driver instructions for the day and told him not to wait up, but to take his wife out on Phoebe's dine tonight. Whether Chloe heard her or not was not of her concern as she straightened up and gently patted the vehicle, her bare hands making little sound against the surface. After all, it wasn't like Phoebe had any rings to actually wear. Her jewelry consisted solely of token trinkets and priceless artifacts; she didn't own any, really, for herself, and she certainly wasn't engaged or married. Smoothing out her clothes, she turned to look at the other witch with a wide, gentle, but also knowing smile. She'd expected her to follow, and was pleased when she had. "May I help you, ma'am?" She asked, looking polite and gentle but also like she had been about to walk somewhere.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 9:43 am

Waiting for her fellow witch to deal with her driver Chloe finally stepped in closer, her hands still behind her back. There was a polite smile present on her face as she did. All things considered, that horned witch had at least similar or greater amounts of wealth compared to her, but their behavior, in many ways seemed similar judging by the interactions she had with her driver. Although, Chloe had a more professional attitude towards her minions. After all, they were just revived people with amnesia, trained to die for her. That didn't matter. At least at that moment. "I am intrigued." Chloe said, getting to the point. "Who offers a beforehand prepared contract to a microbusiness on the same day they've met its owner? It's almost as if you've done some research before even stepping a single foot into the workshop itself."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 9:54 am

"Did you not?" She inquired, slightly raising a delicate brow in response, "Research, I mean. I'm under no illusions that many of my tactics and offers are a bit... rash." The witch laughed softly, and shifted on her feet, having to resist the urge to scratch at the base of one of her horns. Perhaps it was the instincts of this form, but she was wanting to run, naturally, and it was reviving old nervous ticks. "Besides, at some point you lose interest in the sheer value of your wealth, when you grow it another." By no means did that mean that she actually had lost the value of her own, or that she was even done trying to grow it. Those would be the lies of a fool. She knew exactly what her dollar was worth, and she continued to nurture it. Even with all her talents and spellsets, one could never fully predict a recession, depression, or market drop. She'd tried over the years, but she tended to think far more on the large scale than that of the year-by-year, or smaller, scales.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 11:08 am

"I do, but my research is never complete without visiting the object of interest myself." Chloe responded to Phoebe's question. In a simple logic - her first visit is a part of the research and only the second visit had a potential to bring out any deals. The raven witch had already noted the rashness displayed by the horned witch so she wasn't going to disagree with that part. What Phoebe told her afterward made Chloe raise an eyebrow and stare at her in disbelief. After crossing her arms on her chest, she frowned. "What do you mean "lose interest in the sheer value of your wealth"? Money always has value and can always be used to invest in something to further expand your influence." Chloe stated, clearly not fully understanding what the other witch meant. At least initially. Suddenly she shook her head and snapped her fingers when it all clicked in her head. "Hm, I see..." Chloe said and closed her eyes for a moment. "I do enjoy appreciating my own wealth and the way I use it grow. I doubt that would ever change. Perhaps I'm just too young to change that mindset." The raven witch admitted.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 11:27 am

Phoebe had to bite back the temper her words sparked. She knew that the witch didn't mean anything by it, and Phoebe was certainly one of the only witches that still had a sensitivity to her age. Whatever the case, she knew well enough what Chloe meant and she offered a soft, contained shrug. "I have more than enough to be able to comfortably invest thousands without altering my lifestyle." She clarified, attempting to be helpful though she couldn't mask the almost haughty attitude that fell from her words. Looking down the street, she nodded and gestured to Chloe, turning in the direction she'd been looking. "Walk with me?" The witch asked pleasantly, though it was an open-ended invitation that hopefully came across clear enough that she wouldn't be upset to be denied. After all, she had noted that Chloe had a whole entourage with her, and she likely had other places to be.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 12:13 pm

Chloe couldn't help but wonder - how many thousands could she comfortably spend? For the first time in a very long time, she started feeling like she was talking to someone much more powerful than she'd ever been. Perhaps she was just overreacting? Overthinking, maybe? Or perhaps it was just her introverted nature screaming to her that she put herself outside her comfort zone, whatever that was in Chloe's case. "With pleasure." The witch responded to the invitation with a polite smile. The bodyguard that was behind seemed to be waiting for instructions. As if feeling that, Chloe glanced over at him. "I could use some privacy this time. Wait in the car." She told him before her attention once again shifted to Phoebe.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 12:29 pm

Phoebe tried to make her smile seem friendlier, less guarded and most trustworthy. It wouldn't do to make the witch uncomfortable after she'd just dismissed her bodyguards. "I'm guessing you've work with Mr. Kozak for a while?" She asked, leading her down the strip of shops. In her rush and distraction, she'd forgotten to eat and would likely stop by the nearest cafe, wherever that may be.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 1:24 pm

Even without her bodyguards, Chloe wasn't letting her guard down. After all, she seemed to be in the presence of a much more influential witch. Especially if she had to compare it to the feeling of comfort she would always experience while spending time with her only witch friend - Aurora Boyd. She wouldn't admit it, but she really appreciated a friend like her. It really helped her somewhat adjust her introverted tendencies. "Yes, I've been working with him for a few years." Chloe said briefly. "I've actually helped him reach a breakthrough, by providing him with some technology." She added, trying to sound as modest as she could. In reality without her Mark probably would never figure out how to create his biggest and most marvelous inventions. All he needed was a push in the shape of an old wavelength rifle she'd brought to him.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 1:39 pm

"I certainly appreciate you getting him to the point he's at then." She said honestly; she'd never have gotten the waffle maker or been able to order the Roomba, if what Chloe said was the case. "He's right, he's not exactly the best in the world. That'll always be a hard act to follow. Certain creators, though, have a little spark in them. It's what keeps them up at night and working on their craft." Phoebe didn't feel like she needed to explain how that would apply to Mark. He'd made it clear enough that he wasn't likely to sleep once an idea struck him. Wordless for a spell, she made her way to the cafe in question and gestured at the door, seeing if Chloe still wanted to join her, just as her stomach betrayed her and gave a loud growl. Her face flushed and she smiled apologetically, sputtering.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 3:02 pm

A part of Chloe felt like teasing Phoebe for admitting that Mark wasn't the best in the world despite offering him such a lucrative contract. However, out of sheer politeness and respect to Phoebe and Mark respectively she kept her mouth shut. Seeing them stop next to a cafe Chloe once again smiled politely and nodded. She felt like eating a cake and drinking a cup of coffee actually. "With pleasure." The witch said, before walking inside the cafe. It seemed like she completely ignored the growling sound coming from her companion's stomach. After all, pointing it out would probably be rude. Inside her head, she only took note of how cute it was seeing such a witch blush about something that was completely normal.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 3:11 pm

Phoebe followed along after her, though she took the lead once they got to the counter. Ordering herself a hot cup of strong tea and a breakfast sandwich, she turned to Chloe to see what she might want as well, "My treat." She told her, shifting on her feet and holding her stomach as the smell of the cafe made her hungry grow further.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 3:56 pm

Chloe ordered herself a cup of coffee and a brownie. It was a really nice gesture on Phoebe's part and the raven witch wasn't going to say no. After all, for women like them spending a few dollars in a cafe wasn't a big issue. When the ordering part was done, Chloe looked at her horned companion with a smile. "I've never asked you for your name." She finally said.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 4:11 pm

"Oh!" she exclaimed, seeming more sheepish now that she'd realized it, walking to a table with her sandwich. [color=plum]"I'm sorry about that. Phoebe Mystic," she said, reaching a hand out before she sat down, eyes soft and dancing, a warm, swirling gold.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 4:58 pm

"Chloe Carmen." The raven witch introduced herself as she shook Phoebe's hand, before sitting down herself. A smile on her face grew seeing more sheepish behavior from her fellow witch. "Out of curiosity, these horns of yours, are they related to your animal form?" Chloe asked.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2020, 11:19 pm

"Yes," she responded simply, though she didn't elaborate further on that front. "I've proven myself harmless enough that I'm no enemy of the DWMA, so Death City is the most... fitting place for me to be without being hunted by one faction or zealot or another." She could no longer count how many times she'd been threatened and attacked over her various forms over the years. If she wasn't thought of as a the witch that she was --- or that of stories --- then she'd earned another nickname entirely: Parvum Daemonium. Little Devil.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2020, 9:16 am

"It's funny how nowadays Death City is considered one of the safest places for our kind to live." Chloe commented, a smirk growing on her face. It was quite amusing, although she herself was also guilty of making use of the city's more welcoming attitude towards the magic users. Not that she was the one to really stick her head out - it was a part of her neutrality, not really showing what she really was. "In a world like this, being neutral towards the politics and the conflicts the DWMA involves itself in is certainly the safest option." The young witch stated.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2020, 4:25 pm

Phoebe nodded, sipping at her steaming tea before responding in kind, "To pick a side is to make an enemy of the other," the horn witch agreed. Inhaling deeply from her cup, she closed her eyes and sighed before setting it down and taking small bites of the sandwich. "How long have you been in the city, Chloe?"
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2020, 5:55 pm

"Indeed. Making enemies would only damage my business." Chloe said, agreeing with a wise saying that Phoebe'd shared with her. When she was asked the question, she closed her eyes for a moment, trying to remember when she even moved to Death City. "For about 6 years now. What about you, Phoebe?" The raven witch said, then asked.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 12th 2022, 10:53 pm

"I come and go from time to time. However, I've lived here for around... well, I should be approaching the second year of my lease here soon." She seemed contemplative at that, wondering at the details and specifics. The witch wasn't terribly accustomed to staying in one place for terribly wrong. Of course, in the grand scheme of things, anything beneath a decade wasn't really a "long" time anymore. Almost idly, she wondered if she would be pressed further about her familiar, but she had grown used to at least somewhat of an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]   It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's a pleasure doing business with you. [Private | Lani & Rackie]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2