Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) Empty
PostSubject: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2014, 4:11 pm

Nalik stood at the intersection between two roads in Death City, leaning against one of the nearby buildings. Few people had heard of him in this area of the country. He tipped his hat down a little and crossed his arms, waiting for something to happen for him to cement his reputation in the area. As far as he knew, Kishin ran rampant in the streets and people went mad on a daily basis, at least, that's what he heard about this town. For some place suppost to be so dangerous, it was supprisingly dull....

Eventually, his thoughts drifted off to other things, memories of the past and the people who died trying to keep him alive. At this point, though, he'd probably take whatever job he could get. If only the stupid Demon Weapon he knocked out wasn't pulled away by it's Kishin friend. But his luck was bound to turn around eventually... right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2014, 2:04 pm

Cali's gloved hands were shoved halfheartedly into her trouser pockets as she stood just at the beginning of the long row of buildings that stretched off into the distance. She too had heard about the various stories that had sprung up about this place, and had decided that paying it a visit wouldn't be such a bad idea. She'd get a place to sit in solitude without anyone coming up and asking her any stupid questions, and for a bonus she might even get to kill something.

Slowly stepping forwards, Caligo glanced behind her briefly to make sure there was nobody trying to get all sneaky on her before setting off at a lazy pace. Her boots kicking up little clouds of dust and making heavy thumping noises as they hit the ground, with bottom of her trench coat flapping in the gentle breeze. Pulling her hands out of her pockets, she fished around in the inside of her trench coat for a few seconds before pulling out her pack of cards, and began to idly shuffle them as she walked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2014, 2:55 pm

After a while, Nalik was about to leave. But then he noticed a woman walking twords his direction, pre-occupied with a set of cards. He hadn't seen many people walking around this street, but she seemed to stand out in particular.... Not a whole lot of people walked around in trenchcoats.

"Hey, miss?" the meister called to get her attention as she started to walk past him. It couldn't hurt to ask her a quick question. "Have you heard of a man named Kitai Yoru around here? I've been looking for him ever since he got away a while back. He's a pretty dangerous Demon Weapon, or so I've heard...."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2014, 3:50 pm

Nothing seemed to happen as she walked down the street, the sound of shifting cards accompanying her heavy boots. However, the sound of another voice broke the delicate silence that had surrounded her, and she froze in place as the person next to her spoke up. Cali's hands stopped still just like the rest of her, letting only one card slide down from the now thoroughly shuffled; the jack of diamonds. Turning her head slightly to get a good look at him out of the corner of her eye, Cali stayed silent for a few seconds before responding to his question. Yet instead of speaking up, she shook her head ever so slightly in order to let the silence descend upon them once more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2014, 4:32 pm

"Hmm?" Without noticing how she shook her head, but noticing she stood still, Nalik tried to ask again. A bit more energetic, this time. "Come on, you know how to talk, don't you? It's importaint I find this guy before someone gets hurt by his stunts." He breathed a sigh, wondering if this woman even understood him. The meister uncrossed his arms and took a step closer to the woman.

"He shouldn't be too hard to find. He walks around wearing a modified straight jacket with a cheese cannon.... Usually hijacks large vehicles to get around, before causing mass destruction with them."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2014, 5:14 pm

Cali blinked slowly as memories slowly trickled back into her head. Straight jacket, a cannon type weapon, and hijacking vehicles. Almost instantly Rome popped back into her mind, and she closed her eyes for a few seconds letting out a sigh. He probably meant her mad acquaintance. With care, Cali placed the card deck back into it's pack except the jack of diamonds. That one had chosen to fall out, and as she placed them back into her inside pocket Cali leaned against the building beside them, spinning the card of choice in her fingers idly "I think I know who you're talking about" She replied suddenly, her voice rather quiet but her tone cold and calculating "The last place I saw him was in Rome" Caligo looked up briefly as she tried to remember anything else relevant "I'm fairly certain he said something about going to France"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2014, 5:57 pm

"France? Are you kidding- why would he!" Nalik took a few steps away from the woman, putting his hand over his face in frustration as he quietly cursed over the situation. "There's no way I can afford that! I'll just have to hope he just doesn't do anything too crazy and stop him another day."

For a moment, he considered trying to stick with the woman. If she knew about Kitai's most recent locations, then she might be close enough for him to contact her. Maybe she was his sister or something? But, it just wouldn't be right to try and stalk her for information over something some guy did on his own. Either way, though, he needed some way to make a living, so the meister decided to throw caution to the wind.

"Well, thanks for the information, anyways. My names Nalik, I'm a mercenary. If you ever need someone to help you out in a fight, feel free to look me up." He reached into his pocket and handed the woman a card with his phone number and information. Awkwardly smiling with his sharpened canines to try and seem a bit more friendly than he probably let on when he first approached her....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2014, 6:26 pm

Caligo fell silent immediately she had finished speaking, as she didn't plan on speaking up again. Talking lots wasn't her style. She almost felt the need to smirk at the man's obvious discomfort about her Mad Friend's next destination. Maybe he held a grudge of some kind against him? Then again, Cali could she why somebody would want to hunt down a man like that. He was absolutely insane after all.

As she continued to listen, the facts seem to clear up a little bit as he revealed his profession of choice to her. A mercenary. Somebody must of paid him well to go after this guy. Nodding once more to return his greeting and his offer, Cali noted his actions towards her as she took the card from him and placed it in her inside pocket. He was just trying to be friendly. She suppressed another little smirk at this, as just like her attitude towards talking, her attitude towards making friend was very much the same. Caligo remained silent for a good few more seconds, to the point where Nalik might be starting to feel a little awkward before she spoke one word "Caligo"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2014, 6:42 pm

"Right...." The two of them just ended up standing there in awkward silence for a while. Eventually, Nalik went back over to the building to lean on it with his arms crossed again, this time a few feet from where Caligo was. It was kind-of serene to have a quiet moment like this every once and a while. Things were always so loud and fast-paced in the middle of a fight.... It really made no difference wether the silence was awkward or peaceful, he could probably just stand there all day if he wanted to. He had no real jobs going on and no clients, as bad as that was. And, while he would hate to be a witch's guard, at this point, it would probably be his best bet if nothing else turned up....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2014, 7:20 pm

Cali did the same as Nalik did, shifting herself so she leant her back against the wall crossing her arms and closing her eyes blissfully, her card still in hand. She had come here in the first place for it's silence in disharmony, and was glad the stillness had finally descended upon them once more. Why the mercenary still lingered here however still hung in her mind. Had he come here specifically to ask people about her Mad Friend? Surely there were better places to go? Maybe he just wanted to escape from the chaos of daily life as well.

Yet once more her tranquility was interrupted as the sounds of screams bounced down towards them, and opening one eye lazily she looked off towards the source of the sound. Pssh, humans. Pathetic. Maybe it was some soul being trapped and attack by Kishin of some kind? Not that she cared much anyway. Cali enjoyed the feeling of fear energy running through her however, and she guessed that balanced the screaming out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2014, 12:14 am

"About time!" Nalik announced at the noise, walking away from the building. "I've been waiting all day for something to happen! People will notice what I can do if I stop whatever's causing that." His blood started pumping as he looked back at the woman with a quick smirk. "It was nice to hang around for a bit, but my real place is in a fight. We'll have to hang out again, sometime."

With a tip of the hat, he pulled his scarf over his nose, drew his sword, and rushed off twords the sounds of panic. It almost felt wierd to be this eger for potential death and destruction again. Just like back in the good old days.... Even after all that happened, he sometimes just felt like a puppy at heart when it came to a good challenge!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2014, 8:51 pm

"C'mon ... c'mon baby, KEEP IT TOGETHER!" went the inane prattling of a fool refusing to accept that his 'baby' was already damaged beyond repair. Honestly, he should have expected the Mossad to have contacts with United States armed forces, but to have anticipated them being able to deploy fighter jets to hunt them down seemed a bit excessive. After all, so he swears unto his Lord, the Demon Prince of Hell and Father of All Lies, Shaytan, he did NOT have sexual relations with that woman! Or women, as the case may be ...

Another explosion sounds, with shrapnel and flames bursting about the outside of the chopper. HONESTLY! This was just too much! He wanted a nice, peaceful trip on a private helicopter! Was that too much to ask for? Evidently, yes as a horrific screech could be heard within the steel machine he was currently seated in, before silence and a few seconds of casual drifting. ... Then came the plummet. The Kishin's Egg curses to himself mentally, while now undoing his restraints and before caught in total free fall, tries to get his pilot to save himself.

Unfortunately, he was far too gone! The blood loss and altitude change for his mere mortal form was just too much that he was now babbling like a lunatic and Typhon decided the best thing he could was (mercy) kill him with a quick shot to the back of his head, before turning aside to the partially wrecked side ... well there used to be a door, but now it was kind of torn metal that was glowing red from all the heat they've been taken. So, it seems his attempt to try to vacation to Death City was kicking off with a wonderful bang! Now it was time to see if he could make the landing, as he fumbles on one of the rare emergency parachutes he'd thought to have stored. Never knew when these things could come in handy. With as much a running start as he could, the burly Kishin's Egg rammed the remnants of the side of his now descending, fallen chopper, and soon found himself soaring outwards in the open air, hundreds of feet above Death City.

'Farewell, Lucille. You have served me well. Rest ... in ... peace.' Went the solitude note of gratitude he had for the roaring fireball that was now his helicopter, slowly descending down to cause who knows what destruction. Now it was just him and the night sky as he kept his body tucked together as firmly as possible, practically nosediving as he plummeted. Down, down, down he came, like a serene black shooting star.

... Pfffffft. Yeah right.

"WHOOOO HOOOOO HOOOOOO!! YEAAAAAAAAAH!" goes his triumphant laughter as his descent to the ground, while uneventful in that he wasn't shot at, was quite exhilarating simply from the combined adrenaline, and well ... going from free-falling to now descending via parachute to the ground. BUT, the real reason for his enjoyment came at the last dozens of feet, at which point he had snapped the parachute's bindings off him and went for a straight drop to the ground, casually disregarding his own personal safety and triumphantly crashed feet first atop some poor random shmuck (dressed in black! ACCURSED BLACKSUITS! ESPECIALLY A NIGHT) who found his spine compressed down into his groin like an accordion. Well technically, it actually ruptured out down below, and we shall not discuss things below the belt, but the resultant impact also brought him body down off its feet and subsequently snapping the spine into many pieces, as well as crushing other important bones and organs. Oh yes, and his head.

"INGRAM'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!" Now, instead of triumphant laughter, came a glorious roar as he drew his precious twin blades, and lunged forward at the clearly frightened and most likely shitting their pants other blacksuits who had been with their buddy just now. If he had paid any attention, he'd have notice the emblem on the chests indicated they were goons for the Death Weapon-Meister Academy. But he wasn't much one to pay any attention after he had just been forced to (not really) mercy-kill his best (at failing) pilot in his favored (he had six identical ones left) helicopter while being shot at by American military (who in turn did so for a favor called it by Israeli special forces), which would really damper the mood. Except for him, since he was not your regular person, all did was crank up his bloodlust.

Oh so much, that two of the BSers found their heads lopped off in a moment as Typhon rushed past them like black wind of death, cleaving Bianca and Vera with such force they only had the briefest of moments of contact with the warm flesh ... of their throats. Unfortunately for the fourth individual who was now directly in his line of sight (and path) who was desperately reaching for a gun, he would not suffer as quick a death as his comrades. Oh no, first he had to be a gentleman in order to do business with HIS beauteous girls, and so to put him in place, his steel forehead (or steel-like to be more precise) slammed against his face (in particularly aiming for that nasal cavity and above) with a charging headbutt. As if realizing how deeply in over his head he was as a clientele for his service, the last 'customer' attempted to flee but could only recoil and stagger back in pain which wasn't enough of a sign that he wanted no more of this. After all, no man could resist their lovely charms: Not when Bianca, the swifter of his two lovely ladies, thrust herself sooooo deeply and intimately into his chest cavity, angled upwards and narrowly avoiding his heart and spine. Vera, while not as deft as her sister, had other preferences and found herself plunged into his abdominal cavity and with a sharp twist partway, drilled about not unlike a corkscrew.

"Oh .... .... god ..." chokes out what little life came from the last blacksuit, as his head limply leaned back, whilst blood leaked out of ... well, nearly orifice of his above the belt, including the two new ones he was just given. But if he found this so mind-bendingly good he wanted God to watch? LET 'ER RIP! Bianca tugging left, Vera tugging right, and in one swift motion with his arms giving them a hand, since these two always hated having to share, they sliced through (clipping most of his organs and his spine in the process) the poor satisfied young man who had fallen to their charmingly poined demeanours. So much he split into four pieces that tumbled onto the ground in a noisy splatter.

"Thank you, come again." Comes his customary farewell, as with a furious swiping motion, he manages to force off most (if not all) of the waste fluids that had gotten on his blades before returning them back to their sheath and probably jonesing for a good smoke right about now. BUT, he had gotten off the nicotine titty once before, and he sure as damn well was gonna keep off it now. So he made do with the four flickering souls instead, that looked quite scrumptious instead.

"Now, I best be on my way and, allez-oop!" Apparently Death City was quite uneven, almost terraced in design with many areas resting on different elevations than others, so his intention to jump a fence found himself on a (slippery) slope of dirt that he then found himself running alongside down, across a road, past a couple of buildings, down an alley and various streets before finally coming to a halt when his forward momentum decided to call it quits.

"The hell is this place? Bizarro-land?" he mutters to himself, while vaguely hearing his helicopter, Lucille XIV, impacting against some building somewhere and some faints screams of terror, anguish and pleasure, without so much even a shrug and instead calmly stepped out of the current alley he was in and was about to round the corner when instead someone else came a-charging from the direction he WAS gonna turn into and instead found himself halted via ramming directly into his stout and large body.

"Ooof! Hey, where do you think you're going in a hurry?" Typhon inquires, more in an amused tone than annoyance to the ... ... did this kid have ears? YES! Furry pointed ears! Like a dog! Not that Typhon even show a crack of a smile at running into a ... whatever you call these things. Animal peoples stuff. Not his business, but he also noticed that there was a fair maiden behind in the direction this furried young man had attempt to flee in the direction of. And so Typhon thought it best, for he was sagely in not only matters of carnal pleasure, but also the grand emotional value of meaningful connections. How did he know? Because he failed so miserably at them so much, he was very well-qualified in pointing out the common mistakes of fledgling romantic couples.

"Look son. It might not have gone well, but if you walk out on her like this, she won't ever forgive you. Even if you chose to part amicably, you should still be the gentleman and walk her home!"

OOC: Soul Count - 4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2014, 11:01 am

The sound of whirling blades caught Caligo's attention, and she looked up into the sky with her eyes focused on the burning helicopter as it made it's descent towards the earth. Screams erupted into the air as it crashed, and the explosion blew back her hair and clothes a little. Coughing slightly to clear her throat of the dust kick up by the crash, she straightened her trench coat felt the sudden urge to make her fear blade phase back into existence. Judging by that rather spectacular crash, as well as the sounds of people dying she knew something rather bad was probably about to happen. Also, the fear energy coming from nearby just backed up her wary thoughts.

After one last sound of organs and flesh being torn apart, silence briefly descended upon her again before the voice of a man spoke up, and she raised an eyebrow in interest. Whoever this guy was, they sounded a lot like somebody else she knew that was a little bit...unhinged. Could it be another demon weapon? Or maybe just a insane weapon. Caligo turned her head to face the direction where Nalik ran off towards, and almost chuckled when the one who she guessed the perpetrator of all the death and destruction, appeared suddenly around the same corner. If Nalik wasn't careful, he'd smash into the guy.

This new arrival seemed rather calm for somebody who just murdered several people and crashed a helicopter, and his sudden change of tone, or rather lack of change amused her slightly. Titling her head forwards slightly to try and get a better view of them, Cali ended up just rolling her eyes at his final comment. Romance was definitely something she was not interested in. Spending hours going googly eyed over some random person just slowed you down and would make you weaker. Leaning her head against the wall again, Caligo continued to spin her little card as she waited for Nalik to reply in most likely a rather confused or shocked manner.

Last edited by Winter Demon on January 26th 2014, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2014, 12:06 pm

(OoC: I mentioned this on the chat earlier. I am not ok with Nalik blindly running into Typhon like an idiot. I only posted him heading to the location of the crash and nothing about a corner. Harb causing this to happen is Bunnying my character. Please, edit this detail out of your posts.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)   A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Wolf in Need of a Pack (Open)
Page 1 of 1