Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) Empty
PostSubject: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 12:37 am

Sylas opened the door to let Asuka in, taking a step back to let her lead. From inside the house rang Dowan's voice. "Sylas, is that you?" He called back to her. "Yeah!, and I brought a guest! Asuka's going to be staying with us for the night!" He looked to the other Death Scythe, smiling a bit, even though it seemed a little off. "Please, make yourself at home."
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 12:39 am

Asuka rubbed her forehead, the headache from the stress and the opening of a wound in time and space disorienting her totally, "If I can find space enough to lay down, I'll be more than happy."
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 12:41 am

He pointed to the staircase directly ahead of her. "Upstairs, first door on the right. That's the guest room. If you want to go lay down, I can get you when dinner is ready." Dowan peaked her head through a small archway, looking down the hall at them. She smiled and waved to Asuka, before waving her in. "I'm guessing he already told you where the guest room is? Dinner'll be in about an hour and a half."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 12:42 am

Asuka nodded, muttering a half-absent "thanks" before heading upstairs to lay down.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 12:45 am

Sylas walked in after her, taking a few moments. Dowan walked up to him, pressing a hand to his chest and looking up into his eyes. "Are you ok? You feel... different. The air around you feels...charged." He gave her a half-smile, shaking his head. "Don't worry about it. I'll explain everything once I understand it myself." She nods at that, accepting the answer but not looking happy. He follows her to the kitchen, and the two set about preparing a meal, fresh lasagna and a salad.

An hour and a half later, there's a gentle knock on Asuka's door, and Dowan's voice echoes through the wood. "Asuka? Are you awake? Dinner's ready."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 12:50 am

Asuka didn't move for a long, labored second, but eventually stood, back arched and hunched over slightly, giving her the appearance of a tired, annoyed, and gaunt female reaper instead of a weapon. Her robes seemed to hang more loosely around her weary body, and the black, scarred letters of her name were boldly laid bare across her chest. She opened the door, white-gray curls seeming to hang heavily on her brow and she nodded in what she intended as thanks, but looked like annoyance at her presence before descending down the stairs. The only clue that she was even taking steps instead of gliding was the shuffling forward of her black robes as she descended.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 12:53 am

Dowan opened the door, as the Death Scythe's soft foot steps were impossible to hear. She gasped softly when she saw Asuka, rushing to her side. "Are you alright?! What happened?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 12:55 am

Asuka looked up, surprised by her sudden exclamation, "I... I think I just over-exerted myself today." She explained, though she didn't quite understand it herself, watching her eyes until she noticed that Dowan's gaze was fixated on her chest, "Or... Do you mean something else?"
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 12:57 am

Dowan takes Asuka's hand. "You look like your almost dead! All hunched over, though..." She glances at the scars. "I am curious about those... What's their story?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 1:01 am

She couldn't help but smile at her innocence as to the matter, "In case you hadn't noticed, I always look dead. Though, as to the scars, I don't honestly remember much. I got them after I finished the academy, I remember that... But my memories of my early life are sparse at best. Honestly, I'm not even positive that Asuka is my real name. I don't remember."
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 1:04 am

Dowan gave a hint of a frown, giving a nod before smiling. "Yes, of course. C'mon, Sylas probably has the lasagna out of the oven by now." With that she spun on her heels, making for the door."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 1:06 am

Asuka stopped smiling, aware that it probably looked more like a grinning cheshire cat than a kind gesture, and continued down the stairs to the kitchen wordlessly.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 1:12 am

Dowan rounded the corner and headed through the arch into the kitchen. Sylas was setting out plates around the table, and smiled when he saw them walk in. A large brown wooden bowl held a large salad, and on the island in front of the ocen there was a still steaming lasagna. Without even flinching, Sylas picked up the hot pan in both hands, neglecting to wear oven mitts or use hot pads. Dowan gasped, rushing over to him after he sat the pan on a hot pad on the table and inspecting his hands, only to see the burns fade nigh instantaneously. She looked up at him, confused. "Sylas... What happened today?" He looked up at Asuka, clearly unsure of what to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 1:15 am

Asuka shrugged, "Don't look at me. I'm still nursing a migraine."
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 1:19 am

Sylas looked down at Dowan. "A Demon Blade broke into the Soul Vault. He started eating the pure souls that were there. To stop him, I started eating Kishin souls, so that I could buy Asuka time to rend space and time and fling him into space." Dowan stared up at him for several long minutes, before simply nodding. "A-Alright them." It was clear from her voice that she was shocked and still processing it, but she forced a big smile. "L-Let's eat~"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 9:32 am

Asuka simply nodded, the truth of what happened not processing on her face. Her head hurt, and she was hungry, and that was all she cared about. She picked up her fork and ate slowly, the metal clinking against the porcelain as she took each bite. One, two, three... The clock's tickings seemed louder with each second.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 9:37 am

Sylas ate in relative silence, playing with his food more than eating it. Dowan smiled at Asuka. "So, what have you been up to? It feels like ages since I've seen you." She was obviously forcing a pleasant demeanor for the sake of the atmosphere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 9:45 am

"Mostly just trying to find a beat on Lenore." she explained, "The lead I thought I had vanished along with Saca."
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 10:00 am

She smiled and nodded, then frowned a bit. "So, what happened in the soul vault? I understand a Demon Blade broke in, but... Details?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 10:07 am

"Nebun." She stated simply, annoyance and hatred dripping in the single word, "Nebun broke into the vault, we pursued. Sylas and Nebun fought while I tried to focus my power as much as I could. I had heard theories about disruptions in space-time, and we were running out of options, so I thought I'd try my hand at it. Though with the after-effects, I don't think I'll ever try it again." It was fairly clear just by looking at her that she felt far worse than she let on. Yes, she admitted to a migraine, but the slightly green tint of her skin, and the perspiration on her brow suggested something more.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 10:12 am

Dowan nodded, looking grim for a moment. Sylas focused on Asuka, a strange, almost curious look on is face. Dowan fell silent for a few minutes, eating in uncomfortable silence before looking to Sylas. "How's teaching been going." He seemed to shake from his stupor. "Good. I've got a new teaching assistant, actually."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 10:16 am

Asuka glanced up, listening but not speaking. It had been a while since she herself had taught, but, nonetheless, she was interested in his classes.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 10:49 am

Sylas pushed his plate ahead, having finally eaten his dinner. "I'm working on finding partners for the meisterless and weaponless students... I'm having special difficulty with one of my weapons, but I think I have a few good matches for her."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 6:03 pm

Asuka nodded along, "I've noticed some students have been having difficulty partnering up. Any luck?"
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 6:46 pm

Sylas shrugged. "I'm doing what I kind. I'm having successes and failures. The point is trying to help them, I suppose."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)   A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Guest for the Night (Private Beyril Oblivion)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next