Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dethhollow's Mod Application

Go down 
4 posters

Accept Deth?
Yes
Dethhollow's Mod Application I_vote_lcap100%Dethhollow's Mod Application I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 6 ]
No
Dethhollow's Mod Application I_vote_lcap0%Dethhollow's Mod Application I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Lethein

Dethhollow's Mod Application Empty
PostSubject: Dethhollow's Mod Application   Dethhollow's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 2:05 pm

What's one thing you like about this site: How much history has been formed IC. It makes things feel more fresh when there's more major events to go off of than what's just in the show.

One thing you would like to see changed about the site: Just for now, something I really havn't noticed before but is kind-of a problem.... The Kishin Egg template needs a section under abilities for how many souls they've obtained to be updated by the player. After looking through 40 bios, 17 Kishin had absolutely no way to determine how many souls they had aquired with several others only listing their soul count in the Character Logs, making it slightly annoying to see what they can do because nobody ever copies the ability table into their Character Logs. So, to get back on point, 17/40 Kishin are at an unknown level of power, which is about 43% of all living OC Kishin Eggs on the site! Even though most of those Kishin are from inactive players, 2 of them turned out to be in the 200-300 soul range, giving them a larger soul count than Reaver! Which is Kind-of a bit of an importaint thing for people to be able to figure out easilly.

What makes you more qualified to be a moderator than our other members: I'm active often, understand what I'm doing, and I've done the job before and done it well. Just looking through the accepted characters will prove that I got a good percentage of apps through while still coaching players into making decent characters and providing feedback. Also, in my time on the staff, I managed to establish Factions, re-vamp missions to make them MUCH more viable and rewarding, figured out the Table and fixed the Kishin Egg bio template (why there's around 40 Kishin Eggs now instead of the 3-5 Kishin Eggs before I made the change), and delt with various smaller issues including a typo on the witch template and making the site's FAQ section.

Wether you like me or not, I believe the number of positive changes I've made to the site and the number of bios I've managed to get through previously speaks for itself.

Can you list two other members who would be willing to speak favorably on your behalf: Godly Susan/Chatbox/Drago/WhateverHe'sCallingHimselfNow and Lani, who's actually the one who asked me to apply for the position. But if they don't count due to being part of the existing staff, Rock and Crona.

How long have you been on the site and how often are you on?: Not sure why I need to state how long I've been on since the join date is on any post I've made, but 10 months. I'm on very often currently and you can expect my activity to slightly improve after becoming a Moderator.

Number of Active vs. Inactive characters, and how efficiently do you manage them: If you're talking about my own characters, then not very effectively considering I've been gone for a decent ammount of time and am only just now getting back to using some of my other older characters.

Have you ever had a dispute with another member online (this site or another) and how did you resolve it: Yes and it depends on the dispute. I'm the type of person who's a perfectionist at times and pretty straightforward about my oppinions. Things can always be improved and built on, the site may never be finished expanding because there's always more that can be done to make things better. But as anyone who knows me already knows, I don't hold back on calling someone's BS no matter who they are or what their position is. No one is above the rules and no rule is above common sense or logic.

Two members bring an issue to your attention. One member god-modded out of a situation, and the other member god-modded in return. How do you respond?: The member who originally godmodded is in the wrong. He got into the situation in the first place and should accept whatever damage his character should have taken. After this is established, no further godmodding should be allowed in the thread by either side or else there will be further consiquences.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Dethhollow's Mod Application   Dethhollow's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 2:13 pm

Whatever else you guys say, I am currently supporting him as a moderator. He's talented, he knows the site, he's brilliant, and the users respect him. Any arguments you have, please say them now and I will change my vote if I feel I need to. Already sent out PMs to his other references.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dethhollow's Mod Application   Dethhollow's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 2:36 pm

As it stands I currently know Deth as a very intelligent, and creative despite not having enough interaction compared to relationships that have been built up with other's I've met.

For any cons, I'd say he might perhaps be the slightest bit stubborn, and not good with compromise. To cite one source from a while ago: click here.
Back to top Go down
Knight Guy
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Knight Guy

PostSubject: Re: Dethhollow's Mod Application   Dethhollow's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 3:04 pm

Personally I think his inability to compromise effectively is his biggest problem, which can potentially lead to long, drawn out arguments. I've personally never had an issue from him, but I've witnessed in the past as well as recently how unwilling he could be.
Back to top Go down
Knight Guy
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Knight Guy

PostSubject: Re: Dethhollow's Mod Application   Dethhollow's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 3:08 pm

And albeit a bit off topic...but does anyone else think we have a bit too many mods at the moment? I don't think there should be more right now...
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Dethhollow's Mod Application   Dethhollow's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 3:17 pm

I definitely acknowledge how stubborn he is, and as for your other point, the mods need to be assigned to specific tasks still, honestly.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Dethhollow's Mod Application   Dethhollow's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 8:32 pm

I agree with lani, and despite our arguments in the past, I stand by my decision to promote him to admin originally. He was a great member who's only problem (though it has become a BIG problem) is his inability to compromise, as well as his stubbornness. He would be a great mod, but we should send him a pm telling him that he has to learn how to compromise and let things go.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Dethhollow's Mod Application   Dethhollow's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 11:41 pm

I'll PM him about the stubbornness/compromising.
Back to top Go down
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Lethein

PostSubject: Re: Dethhollow's Mod Application   Dethhollow's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 9:52 pm

Zeph's Reference:

Personally without seeming too biased I feel Deth would make a good mod for the site. I assume from his actions in the past that he definitely has experience which in my opinion is a plus. In terms of specifics he is very thorough application checker, which is nice to filter out any potential OP characters. However his flaws are that he seems to be unwilling to compromise on some things, and he seems to be a nitpicker. However despite these flaws he's a good mod to say the least, I'd just be wary of his compromising issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dethhollow's Mod Application   Dethhollow's Mod Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dethhollow's Mod Application
Page 1 of 1