Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Assassination of Barry Caviare

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 10:58 am

Barry came back out of the camper with a very odd looking laptop. The shell on the outside was missing, but extra internal parts were poking out as he'd continued to add things to it so it could work like a PC that he could take places instead of lugging around a fat computer that he had to plug in.

Setting it on the ground, he walks over to the side of the camper and opens a latched storage door. On the inside was a somewhat large foldout table.

"Alright boy. Pull the table out and set it up."

Teddy stepped out of the bus with the dog following him again. He wasn't sure what Barry was doing, but wanted to watch anyways.

"Barry, can I play with buddy in the grass?"

Smiling, Barry nodded and sat down on the steps that led into the camper and opened the laptop to get it set up.

"Also, I fixed the hole. Too bad your grenades are shit. If they were better you could've easily popped all the tires at the very least."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 11:32 am

Kataro set his toolbox on the table and looked at Barry with a sigh. "I think we should you a laptop or computer motherboard as a base. It may take a little while, but making it robot compatible is more than possible."

Actually... There's not much I need to do. If he plans in making the chip himself, then I may as well let him...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 1:43 pm

Barry sighed and pulled out another lawn chair; handing it to him then grabbed his own and set it up next to the table. He slid his sunglasses up on top of his head and actually checked his e-mail before he started doing the work.

"So what's this "Other Stuff" you keep telling me about?"

He didn't even look up from his screen to ask him. He was 'busy' going through junk mail and spam.

"Also, why do you need a robot? Your father has one, so why would he need another one?"

Sitting back in his seat, he closes out the website and finally looks over at him. He didn't understand Kataro or why he did what he did, but everybody had their reasons. Even Barry had a reason for programming Teddy like that. But, he didn't tell anybody unless they asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 2:19 pm

"Don't you worry about my other stuff... It's for me to know and you to find out. Anyway, you should get started... The sooner this is over with, the better."

Kataro watched him go through his email with a sigh. It wasn't even like this dude had contacts or anything, he was just wasting time. But the longer it took, the better for Argen. But Kataro didn't wanna be there.

"The reason my dad needs a robot isn't really your concern actually. Maybe he just wants robot. It doesn't really matter anyway... As long as he gets it, you'll be fine."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 2:28 pm

Barry's gaze narrowed on Kataro. If the reason wasn't a big deal, he would tell him. Besides, why did he need the chip so bad?

"If it wasn't my concern, then why wouldn't you tell me? You know I don't trust you as it is, and you're only arousing my suspicion more. If I have to, I can wait until next week to start working on this chip. Longer if you don't tell me before then."

Closing his laptop, he exhales and gets comfortable in his chair. In the meantime, he gives him the death stare. Waiting to start on the chip wasn't a lie. He didn't want to and didn't have to do it. Teddy could get a new shell later, and he could easily just leave and not come back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 2:39 pm

Kataro let out a smile. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and called his dad. It was a cheap move, but he needed to set some ground rules.

"Hey dad. Yeah. Ok so, Barry is basically refusing to make the chip. So... What do you want me to tell him?" After a few seconds, Kataro hung up the phone and turned towards Barry.

"So... Basically you have two hours to have the chip finished, or you'll have to face me, my dad, my mom, and my brother, along with whatever tools they bring to kill you. And my brother probably won't kill you. He'll torture you until you fall apart."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 3:06 pm

"Do you really think that's going to scare me into finishing the chip for you?"

Barry sat forward in his chair and stood up again. He slowly began to step closer to Kataro and spoke to him harshly through clenched teeth. The anger was building up under his skin Ike boiling water. The only reason he came to Death City was for a deal he'd made with one of the residents. But now he was in the middle of having his life threatened again and being forced to do something when he had every right to refuse.

"I have put my life in danger to keep people from killing the innocent. And torture? What the hell do you think the scars are from? My wife left me because I'm crazy and I lost my son to some illegal study facility. He hadn't even spoken his first words yet."

Barry tried not to get choked up about it. For once he just wanted to live peacefully, but so far it was looking like he was always going to have to look over his shoulder just to be sure nobody was aiming a gun at his head.

"Do you know how tiring it is for me to go through this bullshit everyday? I'm just...."

Stopping a foot in front of Kataro, he turns his back to him and starts walking back over to the table.

"Give me a day.....I'll have it done tomorrow."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 3:20 pm

Kataro wanted to laugh at Barry. "Your life sounds amazing. I'd switch places with you... So would anyone else in my family... You know my brother. My dad tortured him for ten hours on his sixteenth birthday. It was his "time for him to become a man"... And the funny thing is, my brother didn't want anything else. He was exited to be tortured for hours and hours."

"You really think you're crazy...? You don't even know. My household would be here in a minute to rip you apart, and they wouldn't think twice about it. You don't really understand the position you're in. It's die or die for the most part, you lose this, unless you do exactly what my dad wants you to. I honestly don't give a shit about you or your family... It's probably best they don't know you now... You're kinda pathetic. You've got this robot as a kid because yours is dead, and you're traveling around because you have no meaning. You're looking for validation of some sort aren't you...? Huh...? It doesn't matter. Time is ticking. You need to get that chip finished.

Kataro stared at Barry with cold, merciless eyes. He felt nothing but the need to crush Barry's spirit. He didn't have time to hear about his story and whatnot. And frankly, he didn't care. All the respect he had for Barry was gone now. To certain extent, he wanted to push Barry over the edge so he could have a reason to get him killed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 4:14 pm

Barry was thinking about the horrible incident that happened 23 years ago. After his wife had his kid, she left him a year later to take care of him. Only, Barry hadn't known what his wife actually was or what she did until after she was gone. She had a very bad addiction to blood. One that ended in her being locked up in an asylum. Then she ended up killing herself weeks later. His son had actually picked up on that addiction when he was still very little, and Barry didn't know why since he still didn't know his wife was a monster. It started with a dead squirrel. Then a cat. Then he knew it was time for him to give him up before the situation became worst.

"I still remember his face.....he looked just like his mother...."

He didn't hear Kataro's comments on the situation. In fact, he didn't care.

"I'm sorry Spencer...."

Sitting in his chair, he rests his head in his hand and starts messing around with the programs on his computer to start working on the chip's programming. He didn't care if Kataro's family showed up before it was done. He was working on it at the very least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 6:23 pm

Kataro turned and barely looked at Barry when he heard Spencer's name... Spence...? Wait? Barry... He... He does remind me of him... They both have that same contemplative and reminiscent expression. He thought for a moment.

He walked over to Barry and smiled. It wasn't a smile of happiness. It was devious and manipulative. He got reeeaaally close to Barry's face and looked him in the eye.

"I know who your son is..." He then backed away and folded his arms with a smug look on his face. "I know more than who he is too... I know everything about him. Spencer Hidgefield. Oh yeah buddy. I've been with him for the past 5 or six years." He said with a grin.

Kataro started to chuckle a little, thinking about the many adventures he and Spencer had together. "Not only do I know everything about him, but u know exactly where he is, and where he lives... I'd be willing to tell you but. Unfortunately, that chip was supposed to be finished by at LEAST 10:00... It's almost 1:30 now... Hm... I wonder what you could do to fix that." He said with wide eyes and a fake "thinking" face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 6:51 pm

Barry almost wanted to believe Kataro, but he didn't really know if he was telling the truth or not. It'd been ages since he last saw him other than pictures, and figured it was just hopeless. And he hated to admit it, but he thought Spencer died in the facility.

"You're lying. He's dead....or at least.....in a straight jacket."

Barry realized the feelings and emotions were taking him over and he cleared his throat; sitting up now and typing. The look on his face was tense. If he wasn't going to be alright with the situation, he was going to be angry with it. That's just how it worked. There wasn't an in-between.

"Even if you were telling the truth, how do you know him?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 7:20 pm

Kataro just shrugged. "You don't have to believe me if you don't want, but I swear on my life I'm truthing right now. Spencer's got like a buff, sexy build. He's really gentle and kind."

Kataro started to think about him and Spencer... They had recently got into a major fight, and Kataro started to wonder if it was worth it.

"Yeah. Spencer is really nice. We lived together for s long time until recently... He killed someone... But, it was slightly justifiable. Anyhow. I'll take you to him as soon as the chip is done if you'd like. You don't have to trust me, but you'd miss out if you didn't."

Kataro stepped back then sat in the ground, looking at Barry, waiting on him to start on the chip. At this point, he'd rather not kill Spencer's dad... He wouldn't be able to look Spencer in the eye ever again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 7:37 pm

Barry rubbed his forehead and stared at the computer screen for a moment. Knowing Spencer killed somebody made him realize the pit in his stomach. He was just hoping it wasn't as bad as his wife was.

"It's going to be impossible for me to finish this in the next hour and a half.....I need more time."

Running his hand through his hair, he pulls the laptop closer to him and continues to work on the chip.

Teddy finally came back over to where the two of them were sitting and sat on the ground a few feet from Kataro. As always, the dog followed after him. But by now he was tired and laid down in front of Teddy so he could pet him.

"Buddy why do you make that noise?"

Picking up the tennis ball, Teddy starts throwing it up into the air and bouncing it off of the back of his hand. Only, he hit it too high the third time and it flew directly over him and right in Kataro's direction.

"Teddy is sorry! Teddy will fix it!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 7:45 pm

Kataro watched as Barry worked. "It's fine. As long as I can go home with the chip, I should be able to explain this to my dad." He said with a slight, tired smile. But how will I explain this to Spencer...?

Suddenly, as Kataro was sitting peacefully, feeling the breeze... A tennis ball clocked him right on his head. He turned and looked at the robot, which was probably the only possible explanation for the ball...

"Hey Teddy... Why don't you go... Uh... I don't know... Go swimming, or play in a chemical plant, or rewire the bottom of your RV, or discover lightning like that one guy did... Benjamin Franklin was it?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 7:52 pm

Barry shot a serious glance at Kataro and then at Teddy. But Teddy didn't look at him. He dropped the worried voice and picked up a smart tone with Kataro. Just like a switch he started explaining to Kataro why he couldn't do any of those things.

"No you dumby. If Teddy goes swimming Teddy drowns. If Teddy goes into a chemical plant, Teddy dies. If Teddy rewires the bus, Teddy will break the bus. But Teddy already discovered lightning."

Barry looked at Teddy for a moment then looked back over at Kataro. Then he went back to working again.

"That one was on you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 7:57 pm

A devilish grin crossed Kataro's face. "Yeah. I know. You see what I did there? I just told your robot to kill himself." He said evilly.

Kataro then began to tell Barry about Spencer. About the things they did, places they've been... The dangers, the excitement, the peril! He watched him while he worked too, making sure he didn't completely screw up the chip.

"Are you sure you want to see him... I mean... It's possible he could hate you. Maybe he never wanted to see you in the first place. Aren't you afraid of the horrible reaction that he could have...?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 8:09 pm

Kataro had been talking for a while, and Barry listened to pretty much all of it. With the way it sounded, Spencer seemed to have his temptations under control for the most part. That was a good sign.

By now, the chip was almost complete. He'd already started installing the information into it and downloaded different thoughts and feelings from Teddy's memory into another memory card that would go in the other robot.

"I wouldn't be doing this right now if I wasn't looking forward to seeing him. If he hates me then I'm out of luck.....but it's worth a try."

It had gotten later in the day since they started talking earlier in the afternoon, and Barry was getting hungry.

"The chip is about done. Then I'm getting something to eat and we can leave."

Barry sighed and looked back over at the computer. '87% Complete' was the only thing that was illuminating the screen now.

"There's a catch to that chip. I am the only one that can access it when it's being taken out of the robot or when somebody attempts to access it. It's activated by both my fingerprint and my voice. The only things it can learn without my permission are basic defensive moves. Things an average person can learn. Otherwise, it's just a really good bullet absorber."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 8:26 pm

Kataro let out a grim smile. "Oh that's cool. As a matter of fact, it's perfect. Thank you for your help Barry. You can make the robot as strong as a butterfly if you want to. Fact is... It doesn't matter. I'll have my way regardless." He said as he stood up.

Kataro pulled a chocolate bar out of his pocket and started eating it. He was actually pretty hungry too. He didn't eat breakfast, and all this negative emotion towards Barry was making his hunger even worse.

Within a few minutes, Kataro had finished the bar and stuffed the wrapper into his pocket. Truth is, it doesn't matter what he's done to the chip. I won't even use it. All I needed to do was watch him make it so I could get the gist on what to do. And I know how to make my own now... And I know how to have it activated my only MY voice and fingerprint. I feel kinda bad for sitting here watching his work go to nothing for hours, but at least I'll have a good chip and a bad chip.

Kataro called out from outside the home. The chip was finished and he was ready to go. "Barry. Get you deadbeat ass out here... Let's go see your son." He said with a smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2015, 8:54 pm

Barry stood up from the tablet and stretched; slamming his laptop closed and bringing it back into the camper. His stomach growled in anticipation for food and he immediately began rummaging through the fridge.

"Go close the awning."

After he finally picked out something to eat, he started closing up the extensions and putting the satellite dish down.

"Programming something with as much memory and capabilities as what you want could've taken me a full year to program. Teddy took longer since I had to do repairs to everything."

Climbing in front, he peers behind him to make sure Teddy and the dog were inside. On the outside, he was serious Barry, but on the inside he was excited and really looking forward to finally seeing Spencer after so long.

But then his stomach dropped again. What if he was right. What if Spencer really didn't like him? Didn't forgive him?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Assassination of Barry Caviare    The Assassination of Barry Caviare  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Assassination of Barry Caviare
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2