Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) Empty
PostSubject: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 1:01 pm

4:23 PM
16/6/2015

Yui has been going through stacks of books every time she could squeeze some time in between classes. She had to get to know this world of humans better. So she mostly went through inventions thorough the year. Heck, most of the time she was reading until the sun went down. Today she was focusing on more serious things. She had to figure out souls, if there was still hope of reversing the corruption without having to wipe out an entire island. Speaking of which, she didn't even know the exact location of the island. So she also had to figure that one out. God this sometimes just seemed hopeless. The table was a mess of written paper with notes. And to top it off, people kept asking her if she had found a weapon partner yet and she couldn't find the perfect person that wasn't too nosy. ... Another paper completely scribbled full of details. This would've been easier and more organized if she could actually use her necklace to write research notes. But she didn't want to risk that in a public area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 4:53 pm

Juro put away another book, even more inconclusive research. He had been studying shapeshifters of all kinds but couldn't really find anything, except a few myths that couldn't fit. He sighed and looked around the library, wondering if the attendant around, but was surprised to see that Yui was here. He looked at her soul and thought for a moment before going over to her. He walked noiselessly up behind her and "looked over her shoulder, not actually able to tell what she was reading. He waited a few moments before speaking. "Hello." He said, trying to surprise her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 5:23 pm

Surprised Yui's pen scratched over an empty sheet of paper she had been intended to write on. When she turned around she saw Juro.
"Whawhat are you doing here?"
Honest question. What was a blindfolded person doing in the library. He couldn't really see so how could be be able to even read books? Blind people kept surprising her and she was starting to doubt that he was actually blind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 6:03 pm

Juro looked at her as if she was more on the special side. "Reading, not sure what else I would be doing." He said, knowing it would be confusing to her if he told her HOW he read. He readjusted his blindfold before speaking. "What are you researching?" He asked, noticing the sound of a pen going across paper, she must be doing a report or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 6:08 pm

"H-how..."
Was all she could bring out. Blind people kept surprising her.
"Uh well... Reading up on witches...
She did need the knowledge for if she was going to face one. And it could be important evidence that 'Yellow' was not someone she had to deal with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 6:19 pm

Juro nodded. "Cool. What exactly do you need to know about them?" He asked, confident that he could supply the information for her. He had just spent like three days worth of free time reading up on shapeshifters after all. He couldn't know that Yui couldn't guess that he was just an exceptional blind person,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 6:27 pm

"Well, what I generally know is that they can cast magic... And that they have some kind of affinity with certain species of animals. However, this book seems to state something about their... will for destruction. How exactly is that measured in a witch?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 6:56 pm

Juro seemed to think for a moment. "Well from what I am a aware that can't really be measured well. You just have to see if they're destructive or not, and believe it or not some aren't (Really Witches are very similar to Humans in many aspects). Some are nice, some aren't. The only way to measure how much of either they are is to watch them." He said, judging this not only from the books, but for himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 7:02 pm

Yui shut her book.
"I see... Strange concept though... What do they even hope to achieve with destruction...?"
She rested her head on her hand with the elbow on the table. Staring at the stack of books and research papers she had written.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 7:12 pm

Juro shrugged again. "Well, what do humans hope to achieve? What do Kishin Eggs? It all depends on the individual." He said, leaning on the table. He wasn't sure if he was right, but he had a feeling he was spot on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 7:23 pm

Yui nodded.
"You're right... Everyone has their own goals."
She remained silent for a while. Thinking of the lundragans about how afraid they actually were for giving up their lives for using magic. What were they so afraid of anyway? Then again, whenever she asked things like that... She shook her head. She didn't want to think about 'that' right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 9:02 pm

Juro nodded before he looked at Yui. "That's right, but let me ask. What are YOUR goals?" He asked. Not only was he curious, but usually you could tell the quality and character of a person by their goals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 5:45 am

Yui tilted her head.
"Let's see... First of all, I want to find a way to reverse the corruption that the witches hold on my friends. Because they have lost control over their own actions. I myself had a bit of a horrific experience once like that. I am too afraid to imagine what my friends are going through..."
She gathered the mess of papers and stacked them up neatly. Then she thought of another question she could ask.
"Oh right, I have another question. Do you happen to know of a certain area in the ocean, people might be avoiding it for some time, where people disappear without a trace? I kinda forgot the name of that place, it's on the tip of my tongue"
Trying to recall where she came from was difficult. Because it was probably one of the only uncharted things on the map. All she could think of for people to recall a place like that is as one of the places where people would always disappear if they went near there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 4:36 pm

Juro nodded as he thought about her statement. It seemed noble, and the fact that she was trying to find a way to do it without blindly going in showed she was more on the intelligent side, and she seemed compassionate as she obviously cared for her friends and was doing anything she could to get them out of their horrible fate, he was starting to admire her. His interest was piqued at the question though, surprised that he knew the information. "Yeah. Bermuda Triangle. I read a myth about something called the Lungdragons there. Sea creatures I think." He said, remembering the myth. It wasn't plausible at all really but it was a pretty sweet myth, totally worth reading.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 4:45 pm

Yui's eyes widened. So humans did somehow still know of their existence. Although they weren't sure if they really existed. Bermuda Triangle. It was more than certain then, her homeland was somewhere in that specific area. This was definitely helpful for when she was ready to return.
"Hmmm sounds probable to be sea creatures. Has anyone ever seen them? Any explanation why they came up with that specific name for them?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 5:13 pm

The first part of Yui's statement set off alarms for him, as he really hadn't said anything to warrant that statement. Was she trying to deflect information? The only reason he had read about them was because it was theorized they were shapeshifters. The gears started to work in his head as he shrugged. "I don't know, I didn't read very much about them. Why do you want to know?" He asked, knowing the information but deciding that it wouldn't be prudent to answer her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 5:29 pm

"Well, I knew of Bermuda taking many lives without a trace. But the idea of sea monsters living there would make it a very likely reason for people to disappear. It may be told to be a myth, but just because nobody has seen them doesn't necessarily mean they are just a myth."
Yui shrugged. It was common sense among researchers to look that objectively at things. It's the crazy ideas that made them able to advance enormously on many fronts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 5:36 pm

The gears turned more and more as he thought up different theories, but as this happened he noticed something in her soul he hadn't noticed before, electricity. And after he looked more it seemed she had a nice amount of control over it. He remembered that Lungdragons(Sp?) were rumored to have mystical control over the elements and decided to direct a question at her to try and help his thinking. "Hey you think it's true that Lungdragons used elemental magic?" He asked, waiting for the answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 5:52 pm

Yui scratched the back of her head. He sure knew a lot for the fact that he 'not really read much of it'.
"Who knows? I haven't read the book yet. People do tend to exaggerate things when they don't know about something. Think of it as secondary sources, information told from a person. The further the source keeps going from one person to another, the less reliable the information may become. Do you have the book by any chance? I'm pretty curious on what sources that myth is based."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 5:55 pm

"Oh it's in the "Myths and Monsters" section." He said, waiting a moment before popping the question. "Oh by the way, are you a Lundragon?" He asked, popping the question. All the clues pointed to that, from what little information he could gather. And it would explain her strange soul. The dilemma here was if he could stomach reporting her if it turned out she was, she seemed nice, and WAS nice from what he gathered, s would reporting her really be the right thing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 6:06 pm

She was about to stand up and walk over to the section until the question was fired her making her stop in her motion. Sharp guy he was. Probably because he was blind. He would be able to tell every little detail that wasn't corresponding to usual human souls.
"Hmm, what makes you come up with such a theory?"
It was more of a curiosity question than that she was actually afraid. Of course she wasn't sure what the rest of the institute would think if they figured out Yui was actually a Lundragan. She would probably lose their trust. As well as most likely been forced to show her identity. Worst case scenario she will be executed after they figured out she was the feared blood wing that committed one murder on an 'important' person. On the bright side, she might be able to clear up what had happened and be able to explain what was going on and why she was here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 6:10 pm

Juro shrugged. "Electricity manipulation, shapeshifting, disguised soul, and how you answered the questions. All of it points to that." He said, leaning against the table still. He decided that reporting it wouldn't be in anyone's best interest, so that's why he said this next part. "But don't worry. I'll keep your secret. If you admit it anyway." He said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 6:14 pm

"Well, at least someone here does his homework."
Yui chuckled.
"Actually, yes. I am a Lundragan. Though mind you, not being undercover because I am spying or anything. I had some... Issues in the past with humans. So I kind of became less trusting of them."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 6:19 pm

Juro nodded. "That's alright. And don't worry I believe you. Anyways, the book is over here." he said as he walked away from the table and passed Yui, moving his hands over the book until he felt the right one and pulled it. He walked back over to Yume and offered. "Here you go. The stuff on Lundragons starts on page 36." He said with a smile. He had to admit he was proud of himself for figuring it out but of course he wasn't going to brag, let alone tell anyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 6:34 pm

Yui took the book. Skipping to the said page. The information was pretty vague as she expected. She skipped a bit more and then went all the way to the end of the book looking through the references. She searched frantically until her finger stopped at what she was looking for. Apparently most of the information they had was from a journal by said 'Captain Orrick'.
"Ah yes... Silly Orrick, made the worst decision of his life. Can't believe they could find his journal and actually read it after we tossed it into the sea."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)   Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Research, research, research! (Private Hektor & Me. Pm to join)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next