Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stocking up on Research (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Stocking up on Research (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2015, 7:12 pm

2:00 PM

Index finger going along the back covers of books. Yui was looking through, scanning for any title that might have some useful information. In her left hand she had a fairly large stack of books already. Her searching halted when she saw one of the many books about witches. She pondered if she could get anything useful out of it. Oh well, she could figure it out once she read through it, taking the book out of the shelf adding it to the heavy stack of books. She sat down at a table, tapping her necklace twice a hologram popping up as it started glowing. Everyone knew by now of her... actual identity, and though some of them still threw suspicious glares at her she paid no mind. She swiped through a lot of information she had gathered so far. She picked the first book from her large pile scanning through the pages for something useful. Tapping away at the hologram whenever she found anything useful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2015, 8:49 pm

Argen Hattori, a meister, had been watching Yume for quite some time now. He wasn't exactly sure why, but he'd taken an interest in her. She seemed as if she had endured something tragic before, but Argen could've been just imagining things. But he got really interested when he saw device on her neck. His eyes opened wide, with curiosity. He was a tinkerer of sorts, creating things here and there. Some of those things weren't exactly legal, nor friendly to the public, but he didn't care. He stood up, walking over to the girl, a blank, but intimidating look on his face. He stood right in front of her and poked her necklace a few times before talking. "What is this device on your neck...?" He asked plainly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 6:26 am

Yui glanced up.
"It's for recording. Any Lundragan has one since we do a lot of research, I can also make notes in it as well as generate blueprints."
She said looking back in the page she was reading, a finger slid across the text and a blue light traced where she had marked, the line got added to the notes in the hologram projection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 10:58 am

Argen, as curious as he was, didn't seem to be satisfied with that answer. He wanted to ask a few more questions but decided that he wouldn't for now. At least... he wouldn't ask any more questions about the necklace. The man was mysterious and alerting... His body not visible, being covered by an all tan cloak, and tan scarves hiding his face. Tan gloves hiding his hands, and to top it all off, a tan fisherman hat on his head. He looked like he came right out of the desert. A strange whirring sound came from underneath his cloak as he walked... He was just extremely odd! He looked at the girl blankly for a moment. "...Where are you from? I haven't seen you around here."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 11:17 am

"Bermuda Triangle... At least that's the location I suspect I am from. The island I am from is not charted on a human map."
She answered glancing up to the person once again, eyeing the meister. She assumed he was dressed like that considering the location of Death City. Perhaps he wandered a lot in the area. She heard a faint whirring sound coming from underneath the many articles of clothes. Machines, she thought. She couldn't really confirm if she was speaking to a human because of all the fabric and it left her looking curiously at the man standing before her.
"Where do you originate from?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 11:34 am

Argren was sligtly taken back by the question. Come to think of it, he had never been asked that. "Oh, uh... Im from here, Death City," he lied. Truthfully, heb was born just outside of Death City. He didn't have an exact reason for lying, but you can never be too careful with strangers. "My name is Aliston. A girls name, I know. But it could be worse." He said with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 12:49 pm

It was hard to see if the man was lying or not given that she couldn't see his face. From Death City itself... She guessed not every resident in the city was there to study at the academy, though probably living here would still stimulate most people born here to join the academy. She snapped out of her thought train when he started blabbering about how girly his name was. It didn't interest her.
"If the name upsets you, you could always go under a different name."
She turned a page of the book she was scanning through.
"My name is Yui by the way. Yui Felwood."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 1:03 pm

Argen bowed politely. This girl was interesting to him... His odd curiosity wasn't going to allow him to leave without finding out more about her. This stupid girl... All I want is what's around your neck. He thought to himself. "Well... It was nice meeting you. I'm rather busy today. I have tons of human souls I need to collect before the day is over with... Do you know of any creative ways to do a mass murder without it being too gruesome?" Argen asked the question so casually. As if this Yui was there to help him or something. He wasnt lying about this, though. He really did need to collect human souls. Not for him to eat, but for a more experimental reason. He wanted to lure her away from the academy so he could get that necklace off of her. If he tried it here, he probably would've made a scene. Wait? Why didn't I just ask to hold the necklace... Darn... That may have worked. But its too late now. He thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 1:36 pm

What...?
That was the only thought in her mind right now as she processed what he just said. Yui was staring coldly at him now. Her eyes flickered to red.
"Life is something precious one should not take for granted. One should treat it with respect."
She said in a low tone with a slight growl. She resisted the urge to bare her fangs at him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 2:12 pm

Argen smiled, though it was barely visible through his scarf. "Oh, my. What an unexpected reaction. I expected something a little more shocked or surprised. Maybe even afraid! But you went straight to aggressive. Hm... You really are an interesting girl. Besides... I'm not taking anyone's lives for granted, I'm just speeding up the process. You see, they're were going to die sooner or later anyway. What's the harm in helping them die quicker and at the same time, appease my curiosity?" He said with a shrug. He started to walk away, heading towards the window of the library. "I really must be going. Blood to shed, robots to feed. It's really all very tedious. Would you like to help me out?" He asked jokingly, but still wanting to see how she'd respond.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 2:36 pm

The way he talked disgusted her. Was this guy another Lundragan that was trying to taunt her. She coudln't tell. She couldn't afford getting upset over this so easily though. But she had to do something about this. She couldn't let him just walk out and kill out of something stupid like 'curiosity'. She slammed the book shut glaring at him.
"As if I would help someone slaughter innocents."
She hissed. Crackling noises filled the air.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 3:20 pm

Argen shrugged his shoulders simply. He looked at the girl blankly, pursing his lips. He was a little surprised by what she said. Innocents... "Why do you say that...? Innocents? Everyone has a past... Everyone has a secret... Especially the people in Death City. Not one single person here is innocent. BUT! That doesn't mean that everyone here is guilty of some great crime either. But in the end... I don't really care. I have things I need to do." With that, Argen punched the window out with a quick strike. Wind poured into the room, as well as noises from outside the academy. Sounds of shock and confusion. Conversations... Questions. "What is that? How long has it been here?" Those question could barely be heard from the courtyard of the academy below. Argen's cloak fluttered around as he turned his head to the girl. "Im off to kill!" He said with a smile. "You sure you don't want join me? You're never too strong to learn a new trick."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 3:46 pm

"I never wanted to fight. Nor does it interest me to kill anyone."
Yui answered coldly. Something bothered her about the way he lightly said those words constantly. Like he was trying to lure her along. Something in the back of her mind said he might be another Lundragan trying to drag her home. However, sitting here doing nothing about this...? Her form shifted and in a swift motion she lunged forward the chair she sat in toppled over as she launched herself. Tackling him down was the least she could do to stop him in his tracks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 4:21 pm

Argen smirked, then in one quick motion, leaped sideways out of the window. His hat flew off, revealing an older man with white, short hair and brown skin. It also revealed the alerting crazed smile on his face. Below him was his ride, or better, his robot. The robot was right beneath Argen in the courtyard. The robot was large and strong. It was almost 10 feet tall. It was huge!

https://i.imgur.com/eYXD3Mi.jpg

Argen landed on his feet on the shoulder of the robot. The robot slammed to one knee, the ground beneath it shattering! The people around the robot were in awe. "Whos that guy? Is this his robot? Why'd he jump from the library?" The robot slowly stood up. It sounded heavy. Its feet shook the ground as it rose. Metal creaking came from the robots body. Argen leaned against the head of the robot. "Alright, Teddy. Thanks for waiting out here. You remember that party we invited ALL those people to? Well, it's time to crash it." With that, teddy began to jog heavily into Death City, stomping through cars and any other obstacles that got in his way. Argen didn't check to see if Yui was near him. Either way, it didn't matter. He was going to kill a lot of people regardless of her trying to stop him.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 4:37 pm

"Shit...!"
Yui cursed as she rolled over the floor. Upset not many people would actually do something about people like these in the middle of... well... an academy meant to stop people from killing things perhaps...? First she had to not lose her cool. So she quickly grabbed a bar of chocolate out of her bag, taking a bite. When she dashed to the window she saw a robot moving into the city.
"Mechanic, eh?"
She hissed through her teeth. She jumped through the window barely hearing one of the teachers calling out. Her wings unfolded as she dove downward to pick up speed. Eventually she caught up. Studying the machine and calculating any weak points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 4:56 pm

Argen heard the girl flapping behind him. A smile grew on his face, as he turned his head to see her. "Oh, my!" He said as he blasted down the streets. "I see you decided to help me take some people out! My eternal thanks to you, Yui!" He shouted excitedly with a grin on his face. He turned back around, seeming to be focused on the road ahead. But he wasn't. He was waiting on the girl to attack him. The robot continued stomping through the ground. Regardless of its crazy size, it took extremely long strides and moved stunningly fast. There was no visible weakness on it at all... It seemed to have no weapons or gun visible either. From what Yui could see, it just looked like a large robot. But there was much more to it than that. "Were getting closer to the party, Yui! You'd better stop us before we get the opportunity to have our fun!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 5:06 pm

Yui looked furious. Eventually she swooped down and landed on the robot. Her claws digging in the metal.
"This party is CANCELLED!"
Her eyes glowed yellow as she released electricity the construction hoping it might cause some kind of disruption.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 5:22 pm

Yui tried to dig her claws into the metal of the bot, but she was probably quite disappointed when they bounced off like basketball on a court. Argen looked over at her and laughed. "Heres a question! What do you get when a mechanic and a witch get together and get married? Hm?" He let her think about it for a few moments before blurting the answer. "Magical robots!!!" He laughed. "Teddy isn't your ordinary bot, you see! He's been enhanced time after time by my wife. Not only that, but I wasted no energy or materials for weapons! Every OUNCE of energy that was put into this robot was all for its strength and defense! Sure, it can't shoot, or fly, or blast energy beams from its eyes, but nothing can penetrate it! I suggest you try a different tactic. Your claws compared to its shell is like a toothpick to a steel wall! Try again, my dear!" He shouted, his crazed behavior getting more and more intense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 5:41 pm

"You're the worst human I have met so far. And that says a lot since I've come across a lot of shitty ones."
Yui said annoyed.
"What do you even hope to achieve by doing this?"
She clutched to whatever she could to hang on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 6:08 pm

The robot continued running, then out of nowhere, it came to a screeching halt. Rocks and dust burst into the air as the robot dug its feet into the ground. As much as Argen wanted to answer Yui's question, he couldn't. It'd give away far too much... The robot turned and faced a small restaurant on its right. It stood there blankly for a moment until Argen spoke. "Yep," Argen said simply. With that, the robot slammed its foot right through the small building. Screams could be heard and a few human souls glowed through the rubble as the robot pulled its foot out. Argen jumped off of the robot, landing at the destroyed entrance of the restaurant. He was still very cautious and vigilant. He did want that girl swooshing down on him without him being prepared. "The party has been officially crashed!" Argen said with a smile. Then, surprisingly, he pulled out a pistol from beneath his cloak.He held this pistol in his right hand, which was encased in a bulky, silver gauntlet. Teddy simply watched Argen as the massacre began. Argen shot each person he saw, and each person that tried to escape. Screams of terror ringed through the streets as shot after shot went off. He was still waiting on the girl to dart down at him, hoping by now she'd be as angry as possible. "Thank you for choosing Luigi's, the best Italian restaurant in Death City!" He shouted with a smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 6:18 pm

"ENOUGH!"
It all happened in a blur from then. Yui moved at high speed enchanted by her own magic it would be hard to detect with a swipe of her tail towards the arm holding the gun then making a swift turn whipping her sidearm towards her target, it being charged with enough electricity to to paralyze him temporarily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2015, 7:02 pm

Argen raised his gauntlet to block the electrified arm. Surprisingly, the electricity didn't run through Argens body. His gauntlet had electric properties to it, allowing him to have limited lightning manipulation as long as he had it on. It also provided a considerable amount of lightning protection. Suddenly, the robot began to stomp its foot repeatedly. Argen jumped back, landing onto the shoulder of the robot, leaving the souls behind. I have about three minutes to get this thing outta here... He thought. "I'm so sorry to leave you behind, but I've gotta get going! I have a wife and two sons... I need to make sure they're alright." Then, Argen threw a smoke bomb down on the ground and the robot and he ran off. Not stealthily, just loudly like before.

As he ran, he ran towards a girl who was walking in the middle of the street. She had an ice cream cone in her hand... Her name was Julian Ferris, a weapon at the DWMA. As the bot came tromping towards her she leaped, surprisingly high, and the robot went right beneath her. She landed professionally but noticed that her ice cream cone was gone. "Dear god, no..." She muttered to herself. She looked around frantically for her ice cream cone, but eventually... She just gave up. She figured it landed on that robot... She continued walking down the street, and that's when she saw the destroyed restaurant. "Oh no! What happened here?!" She said as she scurried towards the entrance.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2015, 9:49 am

OOC: YO, Dead, my man, you know better than to just avoid every single hit thrown at your characters, especially against a character like Yui. You ignored attacks as well as just full on blocking them. What's that about? So you have a big old robot. That's fine, but your character just lifted one arm and blocked a strike as well as magical attack without batting an eyelash? That's a little bit stupid. Even with super magical enchanted armour, your character isn't so powerful that they don't care about a dragon woman trying to smash up their shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2015, 10:10 am

OOC: I know. But I gotta say, Argen is extremely proficient at hand to hand combat. Like crazy good. And he did anticipate an attack coming at him sooner than later as well. And that was the first attack thrown at him directly. And his gauntlet Is not as weak as it looks. But I do understand where you're coming from. I'll pay attention to that more. Sorry Yui, sorry Arc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2015, 8:32 pm

Yui had heard something snapping as her tail smashed on the man's arm. Then he suddenly backed off as the robot seemed to have given off some kind of signal and before she could go after them they had already run off the direction was away from death city. Following them into the desert she couldn't. She had rules to stick to for the next twenty years.
"Wife and sons to look after... Goddamn hypocrite. How the human mind works still baffles me sometimes."
She spat. She glanced over at the ravaged restaurant. The floating innocent souls made her winch. More souls lost she couldn't save. Why? Because she was a goddamn fragile cripple. She then noticed the person that ran over to the restaurant.
"Well, shit like this seems to happen a lot. And somehow I have the feeling no one seems to bat an eye around here."
She snapped annoyed. She grasped her necklace thinking to herself she should've recorded... Wait... She never had turned it off. Her ears perked up at the thought.
"Actually... Maybe it went better than expected. Aside from... the horrible things that happened here..."
She whispered words to the necklace. And a hologram of the 'fight' appeared before her. Now she had all the time to figure out what the mechanical construct was based on.
"Anyways, some witch's husband came around. Apparently had no interest in anything besides killing as many people as he could in an efficient way to harvest souls. Though it looks like he had no time picking them up... Anyways, these souls should be secured before anyone with bad intentions takes them away."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stocking up on Research (Open)   Stocking up on Research (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stocking up on Research (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next