Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) Empty
PostSubject: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2015, 3:34 pm

2015-07-28
4:30 PM

Yume sat at the edge of the fountain. She was wearing earphones staring absentmindedly into the sky. The manager from the coffee shop where she worked was absent once again. Therefore she another free day. What she would spend it on today, she didn't really know. She had to save money for next incoming rent so she couldn't go shopping for random supplies she didn't need... Maybe she should go to her apartment. The thought of playing video games crossed her mind. But the temperature was quite discouraging the thought. Most people even looked at her how she could act so normal with a warm leather jacket on. She didn't notice them staring though. She was already lost in another thought distracted by the music whom brought her in another daydream, so she now looked like she was just blankly staring forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2015, 3:47 pm

Toshioni had gone running earlier that day and he was currently lounging around Death City. He didn't have much to do without a partner and he couldn't do much more in terms of training. Double-digit miles really drained you. So, in a pale yellow t-shirt and some cargo shorts he passed by the fountain. The calming water was nice to listen to and the breeze occasionally splashed some cool water if you sat by it. He rounded the fountain before noticing another presence.

A young blond woman in a leather jacket sat at the edge of the fountain. That was ridiculous; it was way too hot to be wearing leather. But, to each their own. However, that didn't mean that Toshioni would leave you alone. Not ever. "Hi there, mind if I sit next to you?" he asked cheerfully while motioning to the spot next to her. "I'm Sarungekki Toshioni, nice to meet ya."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2015, 3:51 pm

Yume hadn't noticed the guy talking to her as the music from her earphones had cancelled out all the noises around her. She was still staring forward as she was still lost in thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2015, 3:58 pm

She...she didn't seem to notice him at all, probably because of her earphones. His usually happy face slipped into an uncharacteristic frown before returning to its usual perkiness. With a sharp step, he took himself in front of the girl. He bent his back a bit to lower his face into her view and gave a small wave. "Hi!" he exclaimed a little louder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2015, 4:10 pm

Yume was in deep thought and then suddenly a head popped up in front of her. She yanked out her earphones.
"S-sorry, did you need something!?"
She was a bit startled about the fact that she just ignored someone unintended. Feeling really awkward about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2015, 4:18 pm

He straightened up after she yanked out her earbuds. Now that he had her attention he had no need to bend like that. "I didn't really need something. But, you seem like a fellow fountain appreciator. Care if I sit next to you?" Toshioni offered a small smile to seem reassuring. She had seemed shaken for some reason, as if his presence surprised her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2015, 4:25 pm

Yume blinked.
"Uh... I don't mind..."
She couldn't really come up with any reasons why he would sit here besides the fact that he apparently enjoyed sitting by the fountain. And who could she blame. It was a pretty warm day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2015, 4:30 pm

With essentially an open invitation, Toshioni gracefully plopped down beside her on the fountain edge. Well, as gracefully as one could plop he supposed. Turning his head, he looked towards the woman who probably hadn't heard his earlier introduction. "Oh, I'm Sarungekki Toshioni by the way. You probably didn't hear me earlier, y'know." He grinned. "What brings you here if I may so bold as to ask?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2015, 4:33 pm

"Ah... I'm Yume Tsuki."
The blonde said when Toshioni introduced himself.
"I had the day off. So I just sat here listening music. It's really too warm to do anything else."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2015, 4:43 pm

He nodded as she told him she had the day off of work.  "Oh, where do you work?  Anywhere around here?" he asked softly.  Toshioni offered a small smile before turning to look around the area.  It was mostly cleared out.  Surely she hadn't come out of the way like this in the heat if she didn't work or live around here.  Surely.  Then he remembered, he should probably try to make conversation.  "Oh, being in Death City, do you have affiliation with the DWMA?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2015, 4:46 pm

"I work at the Hideout. It's a coffee shop. I'm a cashier there."
She smiled. It was a nice job after all, and it paid enough so she could split the rent with Xavia for the apartment.
"And yes. I'm a student actually. Came to this country after I figured out I could transform into a weapon."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2015, 5:04 pm

He met her eyes and returned her smile. "Do you enjoy that? I imagine getting to know so much about coffee might be fun." Toshioni figured that he would enjoy getting to learn so much about something. And coffee was a fun conversation topic, it came up in a lot of social gatherings. Then he head that she was a student at the DWMA and that she was a weapon.

"Oh that's interesting. Was no one else in your family a Weapon?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2015, 5:10 pm

"Mhm, they have many kinds of coffee. Mostly though not the usual stuff. They use a bit more sweet recipes."
She thought about the long list of coffee types she had to memorize the prices of.
"Nope, at least not that I know of. Actually I was quite startled when my hand suddenly turned into a metal claw."
She scratched the back of her head.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2015, 5:41 pm

Suddenly, clouds would fill the sky of Death City to block out the sun that radiated great heat to scorch the Nevada dessert. Snowflakes fell and a chilly breeze blew through the air. The fountain that the Weapon and Meister happened to be next to slowly began to freeze up. The ground itself began to slowly build up a thin pillow of snow. The sudden changes to the temperature and climate were only the harbinger of the Snow Girl that was yet to come. A figure would soon become barely visible in front of the Weapon and Meister before it fully became viewable.

There in the snow stood a young looking and pale girl, wings made of ice crystal sprouted from her back. They didn't give her any flight benefits but they were mostly there only for aesthetics. This girl before the two was Nimba Yukishi and she appeared almost like an Angel of Snow here and now. "H-Hell...lo.", she barely made out in a whispery and shy manner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2015, 10:00 pm

A metal claw? That sounded super cool and Toshioni would love to see it but that would seem a little forward. Besides, how could he even know if he could sync his Soul Wavelength up to hers? She probably had a partner who wouldn't take too kindly to him asking to see her weapon form. The thought of some older, muscular man or woman being steamed at him was more than enough to deter the young Meister. "That sounds really interesting." She scratched the back of her head. Was she nervous about extending their conversation? To be honest, she didn't seem like the type to go out and try to spontaneously make friends. Zoning out with her headphones showed him that much. However, it seemed that her social awkwardness wouldn't be his focus.

His arms began shivering. What? Why was the temperature plummeting? Why were clouds blocking out the sky. With a sharp turn, he looked over to Yume. "Was it supposed to get this cold Tsuka-san?" he asked. Suddenly, things got even crazier. Snow...SNOW! What the hell was snow doing in July? He began to rub his arms in a somewhat futile attempt to warm them. He thought Yume was crazy for her leather jacket earlier; now he envied it. Damn, this should not be happening in July!

Then a figure pale figure appeared before the pair after their fountain had frozen over. She meekly told them "hello" in a whimpy, shy voice. He stared at her with wide eyes before springing to his feet. No normal human being could do that. His eyes narrowed; what was she? "Who are you?" he asked sternly, but calmly. "What are you?" he added.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2015, 1:23 am

Yume looked up when the sky darkened. Clouds were now blocking out the sun and the temperature dropped rapidly. At first it just seemed like a logical thing that the temperature would drop that fast since the desert was a dry place, unable of keeping temperatures constant. But the temperature dropped far too low on the middle of the day to be normal.
"... Only if it was nighttime."
She removed half molten ice packs from the inner pockets of her coat. Some pencils fell along with it as she took them out which she picked up and put back into her pockets quickly. She saw snow falling down from the sky. This was definitely strange.

A girl had appeared. She looked like the cause of the snowstorm.
"Hmmm... I think I had heard about of this before. Though it's Japanese folklore. Something about the last thing you see when you die by frostbite in a snowstorm would be a girl."
She had a pondering look on her face. The thought of dying that way hadn't crossed her mind at all while she had said that. She also had completely forgotten the girl had said something as her thoughts still tried to make sense of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2015, 6:18 am

Nimba listened to the two, darting her eyes away from them as their eyes seemed to burn right on her. She gulped as the Meister spoke in a stern yet surprisingly calm tone that left her feeling somewhat uneasy. She then listened to the Weapon now, hardly believing what she was saying right now. It seemed to appear that the words she spoke held some truth behind them, Nimba could remember quite accurately that her mother told her that they came from somewhat Japanese decent. Of course she would never tell her anything about the gruesome legends about their race. This whole situation was growing out of hand at this point, they obviously knew that she was different. Being different troubled Nimba, she always feel singled out and even secluded in a category all by herself. Nimba surprisingly appeared to be growing paler as she felt herself growing sick.

Deep and slow breathes could be heard from this girl as she attempted to slow down her thoughts and calm down. She now focused on the first question the Meister asked, "M-My name... Is N-Nimba Yukishi. I'm a... A uh..." She was silent now, the question of what she was being much more difficult for her to answer. She was told by her mother that she was a Yuki-Onna. A monster at the very least. Then she was soon told that she was a demon. Then... There was that boy. They met in the desert, well... At least by extension. She was determined to meet this boy in person. Nimba focused carefully on what he had called her before giving her answer. "I am a Snow Angel."

This answer sounded much more clearly and more confident than her first answer. This so called Snow Angel would lose her confidence once again unfortunately but she set her pupil-less gaze upon them once again. "I-I'm really s-sorry if I frightened you two. M-My body... Will m-melt if I don't lower the temperature here. I'm really s-sorry.", Nimba told the two, her eyes clearly begged them for forgiveness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2015, 8:46 pm

Toshioni's eyes narrowed as he looked at this girl. She didn't move to attack Yume or him immediately. He couldn't trust that though, monsters lied. Regardless of how this girl looked, it was very likely she was here to consume souls. He heard something clatter to the ground to his side. Yume must've dropped something from her leather jacket, but he dare not turn to look. To take his eyes off of this girl could be deadly. "We should be careful," he whispered, hoping Yume would hear it.

The "Snow Angel" introduced herself. Nimba Yukishi. It was strange that she had a human name and the like, but he assumed that it was possible she had something like a family or clan. Maybe having a name wasn't that uncommon; Toshioni hadn't met too many non humans. "A snow angel might not be the proper term. But I won't pretend to know your origins," he spoke calmly. Maybe she was friendly. Toshioni wanted to believe that, but he knew better. No. His parents had trained him better.

As she stared at them, he noticed that her eyes lacked pupils. That was strange...but it was fitting all things considered. She then apologized for making it so cold, explaining that her body would melt if she didn't. He nodded slowly, crossing his arms but not lowering his guard. "So, you did this. I was unaware there were beings with the ability to control the weather like that," again he spoke calmly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2015, 6:01 am

"I don't really mind the cold."
Yume really didn't mind it. Actually, she found it nice that the temperature had dropped. She couldn't stand heat that well as she was more used to the rainy weather in her own country.
"What is a snow angel doing in the desert? It seems an awful distance away from home... And not very advisable if you can actually melt..."
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2015, 6:37 am

Nimba could her him whisper to Yume but she couldn't entirely make out what he was saying. She could easily figure out that he wasn't entirely accepting of her and she knew through his actions alone. Nimba had never been in many conversations before, so she was unable to think of anything she could say that sounded just right. This inability to properly hold conversations always hindered how well she communicated with others but she some how managed to hold the very few conversations she was in in the past. Albeit the fact of her being incredibly awkward. It was already beginning to get awkward now due to how silent she was being now. Nimba simply began to twiddle her fingers together as she thought about what to say, "C-Controlling t-the weather this way... Is i-incredibly easy for my kind. W-We can also make it rain as well... B-But the snow is really what we specialize in."

Nimba listened to Yume and she couldn't help thinking that she was a bit more accepting of her than this current boy. She only hoped that the boy would warm up to her as well. "I-I k-know it's very far away from my home... But I... I simply couldn't help myself. There is... Someone important that I would like to meet in person... A-And I know that I can only meet him here. I just need to... Find him.", she explained herself before returning her gaze to the floor. It was still a bit awkward though, she had given her name to these people but she still didn't know of their identities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2015, 9:34 pm

He turned back to his compatriot. "Yeah, but you dress terribly for the summer," he said in his fake joking tone. While he turned his head, he never took his attention off of the "Snow Angel". He decided to feign letting his guard down. Perhaps nothing would happen and if so he didn't want to kill the mood. However, better safe than sorry. The "Snow Angel" then said that controlling the weather was easy for her kind and that they could force any precipitation. Toshioni brought one hand to his chin as he crossed the other one over his body. This both struck a thoughtful look and warmed his chilling body. "Can you also make the weather stop. For instance, could you keep it from raining or snowing? Assuming that wouldn't cause you to melt of course," he added hastily. He wanted to keep her talking. Talking meant she wasn't eating their souls.

The "Snow Angel" then responded to Yume's question of "Why are you here?" So, she was looking for someone. Toshioni briefly pondered if she wanted to eat his soul, but tried to disspell that thought. After all, Nimba seemed nice enough. He wondered if it would be smart to help her. Would leading her to this boy or man only cause harmship? He wished someone was here for him to ask that seemed a little less laid back than Yume. Seriously, who didn't freak out about a "Snow Angel" appearing in front of them.

He figured he could ask about the boy or man, that was safe enough right? "Is he affiliated with the DWMA? Or does he just live in Death Coffee?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2015, 4:52 pm

Yume's head tilted.
"Uh... You could take my ice-packs if you want. They stay pretty cool for a long while. Though they might be a bit of a hassle to carry around. And need some re-freezing after being used."
She picked the now snow-covered ice packs from the ground showing them to the girl.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2015, 5:16 am

Nimba listened to him about stopping the weather and she gave a simple nod. This conversation was simply becoming too much for her to bare now and she was afraid of her words failing to make any actual sense. A simple nod would at least be efficient, that didn't exactly mean that she had to cease the current weather now did it though? The answer would most likely be yes but she was to afraid, afraid of melting into water. It would leave her soul exposed, easy pickings for anyone that wanted to snatch it from her. No, she couldn't allow that. At this point, she simply casted her gaze to the ground below. The snow was beginning to get thick, burying her feet in at least five inches of snow. She then realized that if she didn't call off the snow, the entire town would freeze over. People will begin to die, just like in Jenova city. She would be hurting people that didn't deserve this and this very fact would leave her in absolute grief.

Tears began to trail down her cheeks before immediately freezing on the sides of her cheeks before Yume finally spoke up. Nimba rose her face up to Yume, disbelief clearly the look that was currently on her face right now at this very moment. Nimba simply couldn't believe that some stranger would offer her such things. This action was too kind, Nimba felt as if she simply didn't deserve this type kindness. It seemed like a pointless effort at first but then Nimba realized that icepacks were frozen long before she actually. They might actually prove to keep herself solid. A light blue blush built up on her face before she eventually spoke, "Th-Thank you so m-much... You are simply to kind." With that, the ice packs that had been in Yume's hands gave slight tug before flying on over to Nimba's own two hands.

She grasped the two packs close to her chest before absorbing them into her body, instantly feeling somewhat cooler. Now, the temperature began to rise once again and snow had ceased. Clouds began to vanish but some still remained, blocking away most of the sun's rays to keep it from hitting her. Nimba couldn't be too cautious after all. The snow that remained was then absorbed directly into Nimba's body, further lowering her temperature in an attempt to keep her from melting. Once Nimba felt safe, she gave her final answer, "T-The one I'm searching for... G-Goes to school at the DWMA. H-He asked to meet me in person and I... Really want to meet him as well."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2015, 9:43 pm

Yume handed some ice packs to the "Snow Angel". Now content that her body could keep cool, Nimba began to raise the temperature. Toshioni felt feeling return to his legs and feet and sighed a sigh of relief as clouds began to disperse. It looked like Nimba absorbed the snow before giving him her answer.

"Do you have a name to go on?" he asked curiously. Perhaps Toshioni already knew the boy! That'd make things easy enough
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2015, 3:48 pm

Yume grinned contently that she could help, even if it was just a little thing.
"It's fine. I can do without them."
She felt the temperature rising again as the snow angel had stopped altering the weather. The cloudy sky blocked most of the direct warm rays. Yet it was still too warm to actually wear her leather jacket, so she just took it off and tied the jacket around her waist which actually showed off how slender of a frame she had underneath the too large jacket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)   Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awkward talks (Yume, Sera, open thread)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next