Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Walk in the Park (Ended)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Walk in the Park (Ended) Empty
PostSubject: A Walk in the Park (Ended)   A Walk in the Park (Ended) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2016, 12:36 am

The park was nestled in the outskirts of Death City, filled with dense thickets of trees and meandering pathways. Filled with hiding spots and people with a loose grip on their wallets, it was heaven for a vagrant like himself. Sullab had made a bench on one of the lesser-used walkways his home, and was doing about as well as any drifter could. Of course, that still wasn't very good, but he would take it over a back alley any day.
This morning was no different. He sat unassumingly on a bench near a concession stand. People always seemed to be leaving their valuables out around here. He waited for an easy target.
There. Somebody had ordered a hot dog and had their bag on the ground next to them. It was a simple matter of walking over and taking the bag. He might eat for a week. He got up and walked nonchalantly towards his unsuspecting prey.

Last edited by Sullab on February 11th 2016, 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park (Ended)   A Walk in the Park (Ended) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2016, 1:40 am

Graah! A teenaged boy in a DWMA uniform would be launched through the park, and when he finally came to a stop it was a tree that caught him. At the point of contact a crater would form and hold the boys body in place. The peaceful air that the park had held prior to that moment quickly disappeared, and became lost in a panicked silence as civilians held their breath, never excited to see an academy student being thrown around. In the direction that the meister flew from a witch began chanting Spin and Spin, Spin, Spin, and Weave as one foot Rune appeared in her open palm as she walked toward him. This flashy display was probably sufficient for the scarred child to snag the unguarded bag.

How did you find me? The witch ran her fingers through silky black hair. She faced the barely conscious boy she had slammed into the tree giving him a smile with her eyes shut on her sleepy-looking face. I'm not an especially easy to find person. The smile grew some more to an almost improbable size as her spell began to finish. Though the boy had a demon weapon with him his partner, a dagger crackling with lightning, he looked as though he stood little chance against this witch alone. It doesn't matter anyways, The witch reeled her hand back once she reached him. because, you see, You're Finished! The witch sent an open palm strike at the meister that was lodged in the tree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park (Ended)   A Walk in the Park (Ended) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2016, 2:28 am

ooc: so like im really confused as my char is not from the DWMA or a miester or anything so like what is going on? if you could clarify that would be great
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park (Ended)   A Walk in the Park (Ended) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2016, 11:03 am

Summary: As Sullab is looking to steal from "person at a hot-dog stand #2" an unknown meister from the DWMA is launched across the park and gets lodged in a tree. Knowing he ia unable to escape the tasty witch soul the random meister was fighting before walks up to him preparing a mysterious spell on her hand. Though the situation might have given many something to be afraid about, it also gave Sullab an opening to steal from his target.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park (Ended)   A Walk in the Park (Ended) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2016, 2:15 pm

He was within a few feet of his target when the boy was flung across the park. He spun around at the noise, forgetting the bag. It was clear enough the person with the rune was a witch. he had never seen one in person.
Now here was an interesting dilemma. The miester was obviously in trouble, but he had no intentions of showing up again on the Academy's radar. He also didn't love the prospects of fighting a witch. But if he did nothing, that boy was going to die. That settled it.
He moved away from the crowd so that he had a clear line of sight between him and the witch. He was a bow, but bows don't work without someone to pull the string. But then an idea came to him, so crazy it just might work.
He formed one of his golden arrows in his hand, and took a deep breath. His arm flashed white, but when it stopped, it looked normal. But he could feel the difference. The muscle and bone in his arm were gone, replaced with wood and bowstring. He reared his arm back like he was preparing to throw a dart. Well, here goes nothing. His arm sailed forth with unnatural speed, launching the arrow at the unsuspecting witch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park (Ended)   A Walk in the Park (Ended) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2016, 8:11 pm

The witch heard the whirring of the arrow and managed to lean back to dodge the arrow as it sliced through a small portion of her left bicep and stopped her as she was about to land her blow. Huh? She searched the crowd to see who would have the gall to attack her, a witch. The boy she attacked was no longer the focus of her attention because as he was now she figured that he would struggle to escape let alone fight. I see that someone never learned to mind there business. As most of the crowd began to run in panic and only a few people remained. Erika had her eye on those few. Spider webs climbed out of the hand she cast a spell on earlier, and left her hands to latch onto the meister. Since he was to tired to resist they slowly sunk into his skin and caused his soul to act as if it was incompatible with his weapon partner causing lighting to arc through his body. Spin, spin, and weave. A spider web shaped rune would etch itself out underneath the witches feet and produce a gray aura around it. Let's see how much you are willing to interfere. The witch casually turned to face Sullab as a bit of blood dripped down her arm. The meister in the tree convulsed a bit before both he and his weapon lost consciousness though the lightning did not seem to stop. If you can't stop me here, then these two's souls will be mine. If you want to run despite that I won't stop you. The witch couldn't help but taunt the boy since there weren't many people who would take on a witch, and she doubted he would be one of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park (Ended)   A Walk in the Park (Ended) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2016, 10:54 pm

He sent a second arrow sailing at the witch. In his mind, he had already interfered where he shouldn't have. If he could drive the with away (a kill seemed seriously doubtful) he might be able to save the academy duo. Besides, how difficult could it be? Weapons took down witches all the time...... right?

Well, now was no time for cowardice, despite the fear clawing at his heart. If he could hurt her enough, maybe he could stop the spell doing.. whatever it was to the miester pair. He readied another arrow and got ready to fling it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park (Ended)   A Walk in the Park (Ended) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2016, 8:31 pm

It is pleasant to see audacity from time to time. Normally Erika wouldn't hesitate to take the offensive, but her defenses didn't protect her from arrows as well as it might a sword, ax, or some other kind of bladed weapon. Not to mention that she came here with a purpose. So with just a gesture from her finger the rune would unravel into long strands of webbing that propelled themselves together so that they could form a 10 foot wide white wall would form facing the onslaught to provide her with a quick relief from the onslaught to come. The arrow (unless it was more powerful than a regular arrow) would probably just manage to slide through much of the walls threading before finally getting stuck. Erika was confident that the arrow wouldn't have enough power behind it to pierce all the way through her barrier, and was surprised that it even pierced in the first place. She lifted the weapon who had changed back into a young boy off of the ground. She held him by the back of his shirt and debated whether she should take him and run or continue fighting this arrow wielding child and claim the soul now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park (Ended)   A Walk in the Park (Ended) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2016, 12:04 am

He futilely lobbed a few more arrows at the webbing before giving up. He was never going to get through that. There was a nagging voice in the back of his head that he was way out of his league. He realized that the voice was absolutely right, but he was in too deep now.

He had to get through that shield, but all his arrows were doing nothing. There was no way through. Unless.... he hadn't done it in forever. And he had only ever practiced his ability twice in his life. But now it seemed like his only option.

He readied another arrow in his hand and reeled his arm back. But he didn't throw it yet. He concentrated, and felt his very soul lurch. The arrow started to hum, and it went from its usual shimmering gold to a dark, pulsating purple. He breathed a deep breath and let it fly. His head instantly felt cloudy, and his muscles ached. The arrow hit the barricade.

Then it exploded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park (Ended)   A Walk in the Park (Ended) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2016, 10:25 pm

Huh... Erika wasn't surprised that an arrow pierced the wall, her defense wasn't absolute, what did surprise her was the fact that the color was different. She, for only a moment, wondered why it had been a purple rather than gold like the rest of the arrows before it detonated in front of her covering the area in an obfuscating cloud of smoke.

As the explosion and went off some of the webbing that was disguising her, the spell on that meister, and much of the wall burned away. The smile that was often present on Erika's face was completely gone and there were red, inflamed marks on her face, back, and left leg where her defense had burned away. this caused some of her face and pink hair to be exposed. During the explosion she put herself in between the body she was holding and the wall so that his soul wouldn't be damaged which is partially what caused her to get hurt the way that she did.

The typically talkative witch was silent. Though she stood tall and was relatively fine, her pride had been damaged, and on top of that she knew that she could not afford to fight here in this environment. Spin, Spin, and Weave. The witch prepared another spell before bolting off towards the city. This time three runes would appear on trees that were nearby her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park (Ended)   A Walk in the Park (Ended) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2016, 10:57 pm

He barely heard the explosion.

His head was in a fog and pain wracked his muscles. His arm involuntarily snapped back to fully-human form. He had drained energy directly off his soul for that attack, and now he was paying up for it. He looked at the witch, and saw much of the webbing had burned away. He was half surprised; he hadn't really expected it to work.

He hobbled his way over to the miester. He looked alright, but probably more so than he was. He lurched, and leaned against the tree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park (Ended)   A Walk in the Park (Ended) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2016, 5:19 pm

As the chaos died down a few brave souls would approach the scene amazed by Sullab's heroism.
Kid, that was freakin' amazin'.
I've never seen a witch before, so I ran. But you, you stood fast and fought.
Mommy! Mommy! Did you see that explosion! It was like BOOM! And then the bad woman was like BLEHHH! And that person over there he was all strong and stuff a he scared her away so she won't hurt us.
Hey! does anyone know how to resuscitate someone the kid in the tree is still alive.
Dude man, how'd you do that thing with the arrows are you one of those DWA students or somethin'
Police! Someone call the police, or the DWMA, or something.

A few civilians would do their best to help the young men that had taken on the witch. They may not have known that he wasn't a member of the academy or anything else about the boys past, but for right now no one seemed to cared.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park (Ended)   A Walk in the Park (Ended) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2016, 12:08 am

The people buzzed around him, but he coundn't hear them. He had spent all the energy of his soul on that arrow. He wasn't going to last long.
He looked to his side, and saw the runes engraved on the tree he was leaning against. It was only now it hit him. He had driven away a witch. A witch. A smile crept over his lips.
His eye wandered upward to the sky. It was such a nice day. What an odd thought to have at a time like this.
Still feeling the warm sun on his face, his fainted on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Walk in the Park (Ended)   A Walk in the Park (Ended) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Walk in the Park (Ended)
Page 1 of 1