Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vagrant's Mod Application

Go down 

Accept?
Yes
Vagrant's Mod Application I_vote_lcap100%Vagrant's Mod Application I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
No
Vagrant's Mod Application I_vote_lcap0%Vagrant's Mod Application I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

Vagrant's Mod Application Empty
PostSubject: Vagrant's Mod Application   Vagrant's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2016, 10:55 pm

Please name one thing that you like about the site: I enjoy the diversity on this site. We have many roleplayers that shine in many different areas: there are people who do amazing action threads, there are tear jerking threads, and those threads that you enjoy reading - you're not really sure why though maybe it's because they are off the wall, maybe it's because you know the people ho wrote them were having fun, or maybe it;s just because people can roleplay on this site without being shamed about their skill with English. I am 65% sure that there is at least one roleplay in herein Polish. That is the kind of environment people here have created though, and it is a product of our own effort, a keystone piece of SERP. That's just my opinion though.

One thing you would like to see changed about the site: Soul Collection. I would love for everyone on the site to be able to feel mechanical growth of their characters, and , while I am not saying that our site is small, that is a little bit hard on this site because of the number of people we have per day. I am also not saying that we should just hand out souls to people for the sake of handing out souls. I would really like to see people feel their character's grow in strength as they grow narratively.

What makes you more qualified to be a moderator than our other members: I don't really know if I am more qualified than the other members. I have only been roleplaying online for maybe two years now, and most of that has been on SERP. I have spent a lot of time as a Dungeon Master though. I have been consistently DMing Dungeons and Dragons for about 6 years now, and, until the last couple of weeks, I have invested around six hours a week to my hobby. I spend a lot of time trying to create a world for my players that they can enjoy, and while I don't wish to fully do that here - because I feel that would be inappropriate in the context of this site - I think that I would be capable of helping to create a more satisfying and fun experience for the people at SERP.

Can you list two other members who would be willing to speak favorably on your behalf? Are either of these members existing or previous staff? (Note that they will, in fact, be contacted):
Velva
Sullab

How long have you been on the site and how often are you on?: I have been on this site for about 13 months.

Are you a moderator or administrator on another site? Another Forumotion one?: No I am not.

Number of Active vs. Inactive characters, and how efficiently you manage them: 8 active, and two being made.
I have been struggling to rp as Keiko or Terra recently because I more so made them as tagalong character's and it is a little hardfor me to have them in the spotlight often. I also haven't done much with Haney recently because I am trying to figure out what narrative purpose I want him to serve for his brother. All in all though I think I manage my characters well.

Should you be accepted into the staff, what character creation areas would you wish to preside over?: NPCs or Monsters. If possible I would really like to do missions too.

What’s one thing new you would like to add or introduce to the site, and how would you, personally, go about implementing it?:
I would like to create a site wide plot by allowing anyone to rp as pre-built NPCs from a malign organization, and hopefully through lots of interaction with those NPCs (both through role playing as them and role playing in threads with them) they could become important to the characters of the site. I would like to reward players for spending time as NPCs, and promote the creation of PCs and NPCs that were on both sides of the plot. In my head at least, this seems like it would allow people to become engrossed in a large-scale/ site wide plot.

Have you ever had a dispute with another member online (this site or another) and how did you resolve it?: I have not.

What is the current Rule Question answer?: "Come with me, overwhelming power and madness await."

Two members bring an issue to your attention. One member god-modded out of a situation, and the other member god-modded in return. How do you respond?: First I would ask each of them individually (probably by PM) how they would like to see the situation resolved, and if there was middle ground then I world start there. In the case that there was little to no middle ground, I would ask each of the members if they would be willing to explain how there characters possessed the abilities to do what they stated that there characters could do while both were together. After each of them finished explaining without getting interrupted, I would ask all of the members involved to talk through a reasonable outcome to their thread that everyone would be able to accept. After that I would ask them to go back maybe five or six post before the first offending thread and start there. If that method didn't work I would ask them if they would simply like to try to end or pause the thread for now, and try again at a later date when things calmed down.

The vast majority of Staff discussions occur over Skype IM conversations. Do you have a Skype, and what is the name we would add you under?: I have been having Skype issues for the last day or so, so I made a new account Greenerpasts

Do you see any potential problems arising between yourself and any existing Staff?

What ways, outside of the main site, would we be able to contact you? I check my emails daily so you could contact me at djnyzel@gmail.com. I also created an askfm in the last two months it is @VagrantAtHeart
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

Vagrant's Mod Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vagrant's Mod Application   Vagrant's Mod Application I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2016, 11:04 pm

Addendum:

", And how often are you on?":
I am in the Eastern Time Zone UTC- 5:00, and I get on at least once a day at 06:00 and a few times a week ant about 15:00. I also will visit more often if I am expecting posts or wanting to chat.
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com

Vagrant's Mod Application
Page 1 of 1