Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lacey
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Lacey

Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) Empty
PostSubject: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2017, 8:33 pm

Lacey was walking down the street, heading towards the DWMA for her classes. She was well known with the vendors and shop owners, as she loved to speak with them when she was out shopping. She was also known to cut through alleyways for faster access to the academy. Unfortunately, that knowledge had gotten into the wrong hands: A group of boys that wanted her for her looks, and her body. At first, they would just follow her, but it started getting as bad as to where they would harass her, one at a time, every day that she would go to school. But today... Today was different. It started off like a normal day. She waved and smiled kindly at the shop owners just opening up their stores. She went down a few small alleyways when they all suddenly appeared around her, grinning. "Hey girly." One of the said scruffily to her, and started coming really close to her. Laney turned her hand into a blade. "S-still away from me!" She shouted at them, hoping someone, anyone, would hear her and come to help. They all chuckled. "No way sweet heart. Put that blade away, we're not afraid of you. Besides, you wouldn't hurt us." They said, starting to press her against the wall.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2017, 9:01 pm

Alleyways, backstreets and other dark corners. Green boots, brown shirt and a thick, long coat in the Nevada heat. The sound of whistling mixed with the sound of aforementioned green boots hitting the ground, echoing off of the buildings on either side of the alleyway that a certain bored Meister was taking a shortcut through. All of those sounds drowned out by a group of lecherous bastards looking to prey on a not-so-defenceless girl that just so happens to be outnumbered and made to be defenceless. Aspen was just about ready to be grinning from ear to ear when he happened upon the kerfuffle. He was looking to solve it, and not through any peaceful means either; he wanted to see if keeping up his training and grades, and staying in the EAT class despite being weaponless was worth it! The idea came about after he observed what was going on, sure, but he hadn't cracked any heads for a while. 

"Excuse me!" He shouted over the noise the punks were making, his arms held out wide to the side, showing he was unarmed AND picking a fight at the same time. "I'd like for you to clear off, you half-witted chimpanzee impersonators! Or I'll have to clear you off myself!"
Back to top Go down
Lacey
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2017, 9:22 pm

The gang of boys suddenly got quiet when someone started interrupting their fun. One of the boys, obviously the leader, sneered and walked up to the boy that looked awfully like an ugly, uneven tree. "Oh yeah? You want us to clear off? Sorry, but this is our turf. We do what we want, and we're not gonna let a punk like you tell us what to do. Besides, we're just having a little fun." He laughed. "What are you gonna do about it?" He told the intruder, poking his chest. Meanwhile, Lacey was standing idly by, staring at the guy that probably just saved her life. Don't get her wrong, she's grateful and all, but what is he doing!?! He doesn't have anything to defend himself with. But then, there was always the chance that he's a meister... But as far as the lance could see, he didn't have his weapon with him, of he had a weapon. So really, she didn't know if she was better or worse off than before.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2017, 9:35 pm

"I'm sorry!" He leant back, arms up as if to guard his face, though the gesture was obviously mocking as he was grinning the whole time. "I don't speak ape." Aspen said finally as his expression got a whole lot less cheery. That's also about the time that the pack leader flew backwards, having received a boot square in the gut. Aspen stepped backwards then. One step was enough to reveal a black, shadowy figure standing in his place; it looked and moved exactly like him, though it was pitch black with features that barely caught the light, almost invisible. It didn't step back when he did. Behind the shadow, the man took up a fighting stance, a smirk making its way back on his face and the face of the shadow. "Fling some shit, you monkeys. I dare you."
Back to top Go down
Lacey
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2017, 9:46 pm

Lacey couldn't help but let out a soft laugh as the gang leader was kicked back. She now knew that she was better off than she was earlier, and by the way he moved, she could tell he was a meister, although his abilities were unique. But, as their leader went flying, two of how lieutenants grabbed hold of her, pressing their luck as they grabbed her where they knew they shouldn't. Having a bit more courage now, she let a blade come out of her back, cutting the both of them, not enough to cause permanent damage, causing them to let go with a few shouts while the rest of the gang charged towards the guy that had just knocked out their leader.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 10:07 am

As the group approached him, Aspen hit them. He hit them too early for them to get to him, however, since the shadow was doing all of the work. He simply did the motions as if he was in the place of the copy that stood in front of him, easily fighting off the group that came at him. After all, nobody could hurt the puppet. So, when the puppet took care of all of the goons that had tried to approach him, the puppeteer laughed at their misfortune in their horrible timing. The puppet dissolved into smoke as Aspen approached the girl, walking over those that happened to be in his way. "You alright?"
Back to top Go down
Lacey
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 11:07 am

Lacey watched in amazement as the guy defeated them all in just a few blows. She nodded. "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you. They've been following me for a few weeks, but this is the first time they've tried to do this. Thank you for all you're help." She thanked him. "Oh, and excuse me for asking, are you a student at the academy?" She asked out of curiosity, the blade disappearing from her back.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 11:48 am

Aspen had already started walking away during the girl's explanation. He did what he thought he should do and that was that, right? He did stop when she asked whether he was a student, however; not because it was unusual for someone to ask, but because he was confused why someone had to ask after that sort of performance. "Isn't it obvious? Newton 'Aspen' Porter. Meister." He introduced himself, looking down at the girl over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Lacey
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 1:03 pm

Lacey smiled. "Alright. I'm Lacey. Lacey Hilt, obviously a weapon. The reason I asked is because of your strange abilities. I've never seen a meister with your abilities before. It's quite interesting." She told the meister. She was quite intrigued. The abilities he possessed were nothing like the other meisters she had seen.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 5:12 pm

"They're weird, aren't they? I've been able to use them for as long as I can remember." Aspen said as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "They're probably why I can keep myself in the EAT class even without a weapon." He continued as he started walking away again.
Back to top Go down
Lacey
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 5:19 pm

Lacey ran after him, quickly catching up and began walking with him. "Yes, they're weird, but they're a good weird you know? Besides, I think they're cool." She told him. "EAT classes you say? That explains why I haven't seen you around much. I'm in the NOT classes, seeing as how I don't have a Meister, and I'm really no good without one. I'd never survive the EAT classes." The weapon mentioned causally.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 5:42 pm

"There are Death Scythes who have collected all of their souls without a Meister at all, so I'm sure you could get into the NOT class if you tried hard enough." Aspen gave Lacey a thumbs up and a smile. "That, or you could just get a Meister that's good enough with you to warrant the 'promotion.'" He seemed to be thinking of other ways that someone could get into the upper echelon of the DWMA's student body. "Huh, I think that's about it, honestly."
Back to top Go down
Lacey
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 5:49 pm

Lacey shrugged. "Oh, I don't know. I'm​ not really into fighting and all that, you know, for fun. For training purposes, self-defence, and in life or death situations, I don't mind it at all. I mean, don't get me wrong, I really want to become a death scythe, what weapon doesn't? But I feel like that not only will it be more fun with a meister, but more significant and important. It'll make me feel important, like someone actually cares what happens to me." She told him. "I know I'll get a meister some day, but I've already been going to the DWMA for two years, and never really connected with anyone. I haven't matched anyone's soul wavelength yet. It doesn't help that I don't have many friends."
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 7:04 pm

"Two years? I've been here for longer that that." Aspen said after Lacey finished talking. He then suddenly stopped, choosing to lean against a wall. He looked like he was wondering again, staring straight at Lacey. "You know, I find it odd that neither of us have realised that we just told each other that neither one of us actually has a partner right about now." He said, holding a hand out towards the girl. "Now, transform for me. See if we'll get zapped, shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Lacey
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 7:12 pm

Lacey stopped when he stopped, a bit confused. "Wow, okay..." She muttered before gasping in realization. "Now that you say that, you're right... Alright, I'll transform." She said, nodding. Concentrating, her body started to emit a golden glow before shooting up, turning into a lance.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 7:37 pm

Aspen quite easily caught Lacey from the air. The fact that he did catch her was enough to show him that there wasn't any obvious incompatibility. He would have spun her around a bit if her weapon form wasn't so long. Instead the next best thing for him was to run a short distance and use her to vault into the air. "Fun. A bit big, but fun." He said after he landed, examining the weapon.
Back to top Go down
Lacey
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 7:59 pm

With a flash, Lacey's face appeared in the blade. "Sorry. I can't help how big I am. It would probably be better if we weren't in this crowded alleyway..." She said before gasping. "W-we did it! We resonated!" She exclaimed. "Then does this mean..." She trailed off, hoping he got what she was saying.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 8:41 pm

"Our souls don't reject each other, so I guess that's enough for the time being." He said, leaning Lacey against a wall and stepping back to give her space to transform back. "Yeah, I think I'm your ticket to EAT class. You're my ticket to being able to go collect souls and find out what these powers of mine can do with a weapon. All in due course, though."
Back to top Go down
Lacey
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 8:50 pm

Lacey transformed back, her back against the wall, her arms crossed. "So you'll do it then? You'll be my meister?" She asked with a sort of hopefulness. If he became her meister... Lacey didn't know how hey day could get any better if this happens to her. She wouldn't be stuck in the boring NOT classes, and she's be able to collect souls more easily, resulting in her becoming a death scythe sooner as well.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 9:15 pm

He stepped towards Lacey, stretching out his arm and patting the top of her head. "Sure." He said, a smirk creeping onto his face right after. "With the added benefit of looking taller that I actually am, how could I refuse?"
Back to top Go down
Lacey
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 9:30 pm

Lacey huffed and rolled her eyes, but was smiling. "Oh please. You can't intimidate kishin eggs into handing over their soul, just because you're taller than them." She patted his arm. "But don't worry. I'll protect your sorry butt." The weapon teased.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 10:12 pm

"I know that enemies won't care, but I'll look better to everyone else, y'know?" Aspen said, then turned his head away, looking at Lacey from the corner of his eyes. "And who was it that needed protecting again? Hmm, I don't think you'll have to worry about needing to keep me safe."
Back to top Go down
Lacey
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2017, 10:56 am

Lacey crossed her arms and huffed. "Well I'm sorry that I don't like hurting people. Even if they corner me, planning to do who-knows-what to me." She said stubbornly, her face turning red.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2017, 11:22 am

"Could they molest a lance?" Aspen asked, gesturing to her with one hand. "Could any of them even have picked you up after you transformed? If you hadn't found a Meister until now, I doubt it."
Back to top Go down
Lacey
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2017, 11:31 am

She blushed even more. "N-no..." She muttered. "Now please, stop making me feel worse than I already do..." Lacey asked him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)   Was it luck - Was it Luck? Or Fate?  (Arc and Myself) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was it Luck? Or Fate? (Arc and Myself)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next