Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2020, 4:35 pm

Aurora watched the whole thing in silence, still feeling deeply disgusted and angered by everything that was happening. As a witch-meister of the DWMA, she couldn't comprehend the reason for Hunter Axes' existence. Especially considering all the risks behind creating and feeding one. It was ridiculous. It didn't make any sense. She didn't approve of it. However, the knowledge she'd gained during the ritual was valuable as it opened her eyes to the problems of Death City she'd never heard before. "As a meister who used to wield multiple weapons, I guess invisibility is better than anything that could affect other weapons. By the way, I respect your meister for being able to handle all three of you at once. Yeah, I know, sibling bonds 'n' all that, but it's still awesome." Aurora said with a calmer voice than before.
Nunally, of course, had no reaction to all that.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2020, 4:50 pm

Lily nodded, though no one could tell properly without feeling her hair move. From where she stood behind them, Jazz smiled and nodded, but her focus and shifted entirely to Nunally. She knew that look well enough, and for the girl to not respond with even a modest blush at the statement told her everything that she needed to know. "Nana's a good meister." The tattooed girl said, pushing off the wall and kneeling in front of the girl, squatting in a way that honestly looked uncomfortable. "We're a lot to handle, but she does well." Gently, she placed a hand on the side of the girl's cheek, patting it carefully. "Earth to Nana, we're all clear." Her eyes flitted to Lily. Oops. That wasn't an intended pun. No one seemed to respond to it, though.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2020, 5:14 pm

Nunally's eyes opened wide immediately and she gasped as if she'd just resurfaced from the sea. She blushed as she realized that she wasn't so discreet about it after all. "Alright..." The meister said and looked down with clear sadness in her eyes. She knew full well that she'd been found out. "I'm sorry... I didn't want to participate in the process..." She whispered quietly so probably only Jazz could hear what she tried to say.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2020, 5:21 pm

"No one's faulting you," Jazz said. Having struggled with PTSD since her early days in the foster care system --- oh how ironic the name was, now --- she knew exactly what it was like to wish you could hide yourself away. She couldn't blame Nana for doing so. She shifted to sit cross-legged in front of her, eyes studying the girl and her siblings. As her eyes trailed, she noticed that Joseph was alternating between gently stroking Nana's hand and squeezing it. The squeezing always coincided with another shift of the light around Lily. Pursing her lips, she pointed a thumb to the smaller girl, trying to direct Nana to her. "She has invisibility, now. Kiddo says it'll calm down in a few days, as long as she makes a conscious effort to control it. Right, Auro?"

"Huh, wha-?" The Boyd girl said, head snapping up before her eyes focused properly on Jazz. She must have been lost in thought. "Oh... yeah. It'll take some doing, but if you give her a few days, or weeks tops, she'll be able to control it in and out of weapon form. If you use her weapon form with her it'll make it easier for her." She looked up at Foster, now, still looking guilty and apologetic.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2020, 6:02 pm

Nunally looked at Lily with a really worried look on her face. She really wasn't comfortable with what she'd done to herself. To tell the truth, she wanted to hide it, she wanted to pretend like everything was okay. Nothing was okay though. Nana really wasn't okay with the mutations. Perhaps she needed time to get used to it? For the time being, she just wasn't convinced at all. After taking a look at Lily and giving her a quick scan with her soul perception, she looked down again and closed her eyes again. The fact that Nana had to make use of Lily's weapon for, to make the process of adjusting faster didn't sit right with her either. To tell the truth, she was kind of scared of resonating with her partner.

Aurora Foster noticed the look but didn't seem to have much of a reaction to it in terms of changing the expression on her face. "You haven't invented this particular weapon variant. The ones who have though... I will forever hate them." The witch simply said giving Aurora Boyd a sharp look. Just because her hatred was directed at the institute and possibly Eibon, didn't mean she wasn't disgusted with what she'd participated in. "Good luck livin' and collectin' souls y'all. It was nice meeting you." The Foster said and turned on her heel ready to leave.

"What's... your name..?" Nana asked out of curiosity. She knew it was another Aurora, but she wanted to hear her full name. Out of curiosity. Just in case she'd run into her in the future. She seemed to understand how she was feeling after the ritual well. Perhaps she would listen to what was on her heart?

"I'm just another Aurora." The fox witch first said. "Aurora Foster, if you really wanna differentiate between me and her." Aurora said and then started heading to the door.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 9:43 am

Boyd looked stuck, unsure if she should get up and follow Foster out or stay put. Either option was incredibly awkward and tense, and she probably should leave the partners to sort themselves out, whereas Aurora most certainly wanted to talk to her. That was part of what made the option so intimidating and unappealing, however. Even if --- especially if --- she tried to grill her for more information about Axes, Grimoires, or the Institute, she simply didn't have it. The witch girl had shared everything that she knew already, with everyone present. Asking her again would yield, genuinely, nothing but tears. The scars left behind from her mother were deep, even if the little sugar glider had healed the physical ones long, long ago. In the end, she stood and lead Foster out, offering a final guilty, apologetic smile to the group before heading out after the other witch.

Though she was staying fully visible, Lily at least seemed to remain out of pain, blinking and looking around at her siblings and meister. Honestly, without the pain, she didn't really feel very different. Her eyes hurt a little from trying to process how she perceived herself like this --- something like a mirage or unstable hologram, if she had to explain it --- but overall she felt normal. Moving to stand, she quickly found that to not be entirely the case and she stumbled, legs trying to give out. Jazz was there instantly, balancing her from the front as much as she could while Joseph nearly jumped out of his skin.

"I'm fine," the little teen said, though she was holding her head. "Just... very tired." She admitted. A nap would do her good, but it seemed, to her, to be the worst side effect thus far.

Joseph looked at Nunally with a worried expression, both for her and for his sister.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 10:50 am

Back on the streets, Foster's face softened, fresh air finally cooling her down. Setting the Soul Protect spell back on, she put both of her hands into the pockets of her trousers. Frankly speaking, after getting so angry before her mind felt tired. After walking in silence for a few more moments, she finally turned to Aurora Boyd, giving her a look as tired as her mind. "I'm sorry for before. How are you feeling?" The fox witch asked it was her time to give an apologetic look. Her temper issues couldn't be denied, but they were as deeply rooted in her as Boyd's scars and were caused by a traumatic event. Was it her fault for seeing everything in the world in dark colors? She lost her arm and her partners and was basically left alone to cope with the trauma. Aurora just needed a little more time to finally end that chapter and start a new, but she needed a few more pushes.

Seeing Lilly stumble immediately triggered something in Nana, she jumped up on her feet ready to hold the girl. Hell, she would even carry her in her arms if that was necessary. She immediately put her worries and fear aside in the name of supporting her friend. Seeing the weapon admit she was feeling tired, Nana immediately walked over to her and, slight crouching, put the girl's arm over her neck. "Let me help you, Lily... You look like you could use a nap..." Nana said with a soft and warm tone in her voice. The meister also gave Joseph a reassuring smile. She was fine. As long as she had something to distract herself with, she was fine.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 11:08 am

"I'm alright." She said reflexively and was instantly wincing at the way it sounded. Aurora hadn't even begun to deal with her issues with tempers --- everyone she interacted with normally was already so careful and patient that it had genuinely been a non-issue, for the most part. At least this hadn't sent her into a panic or a sobbing spell. She'd dealt with both in the past, and it had never turned out well for her. Perhaps, then, that was why it hadn't; her survival instincts from back them had kicked in enough to make her repress such reactions. "I'll be okay. I wish she hadn't agreed to that, but I'd rather be able to soften the blow then her attempt to do it alone. She would have, I'm sure of it." Aurora shook her head. It felt out of character for Lily, but everything about this had seemed... odd for the girl. It was like she was almost possessed by the need to protect her siblings, like she'd felt useless by comparison. The girl, she knew, had always been treated like she was perfect, flawless, and it had come to be what was expected of her. Perhaps, then, her entire issue was that she was seeing herself as failing, compared to the pair of them. This had been her first soul, after all, and while useful in some ways, Aurora could sympathize with her complaints on her defense-weapon form. Few people favored such things, and if she hadn't been the twins' sister it was doubatble that Nunally, or anyone, would have given her a second thoughts. Rogue might have, perhaps, but his own armor could shift and move to guard any part of him. It wouldn't serve a lot of point, other than easing Zoe's burden, to bother with. Of course, Aurora hadn't heard anything about Zoe in a while, what with Rogue's family calling her in for further training when they found it she'd been assign to him. She shook her head, pulling herself out of her mind. "I just hope she'll be safe. It won't inherently kill her, but she'll never be quite the same again. If nothing else was going to make her grow up quick, this might." Lily was good and sweet and innocent and pure. Aurora was like her in many ways, but Lily hadn't nearly the same, in quality or quantity, scars. She, like everyone else except the girl itself, it seemed, would very much like to keep it that way.

Lily's face flickered enough to show her soft, grateful smile, and she nodded as she focused her weight more on the girl. She was at least a bit stronger than most of them, anyway, and was certainly the closest to the girl's height. "Thank you," she said softly, seeming already to be drifting off. At least her room was nearby.

Joseph seemed at least a little relieved to see Nana calming down, focusing her fretting on more proactive behavior. Standing, he moved to open the girl's bedroom for the both of them, locking eyes with Jasmine as he did. They'd need to talk after this, preferably the three of them, but it wouldn't surprise him if Nunally's attentions remained solely on watching over Lilian until she awoke.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 11:42 am

"Her meister didn't seem comfortable with her decision either." Aurora shortly stated, before reaching into another pocket and pulling out a pack of strawberry chewing gum and offered it to Aurora Boyd. "Want some?" The fox witch asked with a friendlier smile on her face. "It's not really my business, but I understand her. A weapon making a decision despite their partner being uncomfortable with it? I'd feel betrayed to a point of being unable to sync my wavelength with the weapon afterward." The witch stated and a grim look returned onto her face. If Arthur and Ben showed up again one day, she was sure she'd be unable to wield them again due to her broken trust in them. Luckily having a different weapon solved that. Despite everything, she still wanted to create a death scythe and get her 3rd meister star. "Also, I don't get the lil' weapon's complaints about her being useless in a team. Every demon weapon has its uses. Whether it's defending the meister or allowing the meister to fight. I myself often used my sword partner to protect myself and my gun partner to attack." Aurora sighed deeply and shook her head. ""Never be the same", huh? Yeah, that's what I feared..."

With that Nunally carried Lily to her bedroom, giving her a caring look the whole time. Although if one took a close look into her eyes, they would notice her undying feeling of worry. She was slow, making sure Lily was stable enough not to stumble again. Once they were by the weapon's bed, Nana used her strength to gently scoop Lily off the floor with both of her arms. Slowly the meister put her partner in bed and stroked her hair like a caring mother putting her child to sleep. "Get some rest Lily... you deserve it." Nunally whispered with a smile on her face, before slowly walking off to the door. Since there were things she felt like she needed to discuss with the rest, she decided to return to Lilian later. That's why just left her phone in the room to remotely watch over the weapon. Finally, Nana walked out of the room and rejoined the remaining two weapons. After making sure Lily couldn't see her anymore, the meister weakly leaned against a nearby wall and let out a sigh, feeling her whole body deflate.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 12:15 pm

Aurora accepted the offer, it seeming to chipper her up some. Taking the piece and chewing it happily, she appeared to relax. She liked fruit. It went back to familiar, her sweet tooth and obsession with fruity things, be they natural or synthetic. "It alters her DNA..." she repeated solemnly. "She's not necessarily damaged from it, but she's always going to have that soul a part of her, now. I know all weapons are kind of like it but its so much more... obvious, ya know?" She wasn't sure how to respond to Foster's statements about her own past weapons. Aurora had lost two of her abruptly already and could sympathize on that point, but she'd not gotten to use hers much. Candy, as far as she was concerned, was her one and only real partner, and she'd set her down the same path Lily was now on. Sure, it had been unknowingly back then, but it was still awkward to think about.

"I feel ya," Jasmine said, arching her back as she stretched upwards, shaking her head all the while. She found herself soon leaning against the same wall she'd favored earlier, with Joseph slowly pacing between them both.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 12:39 pm

After taking the piece of chewing gum herself, Aurora seemed to relax somewhat. "I'd say there are more differences between mutating a body by consuming a soul and just strengthening a soul through consumption of corrupted souls." The fox witch said, calmly explaining her point of view. "The fact that there's pain involved and the fact that if you mess up you can... wait did I get it right? There's a risk of death if you mess up?" Aurora made a pause to contemplate more. "The point is - I feel this is amoral compared to the standard path of a demon weapon. The fact it's implied that those weapons are designed to be used by us, magic users, only makes us look bad again. After almost making two death scythes, I feel like the whole idea of axes and their meisters might only ruin the reputation the witches of the DWMA work so hard for."

"This is wrong... so wrong..." Nunally said quietly, staring at the ground. Lily wanted that, sure, but the meister just couldn't accept that decision. Covering her face with her hands she let out a quiet hurt groan. "Am I really such a bad meister to make her feel like she needed to go through that..." The question wasn't really aimed at any of the other weapons. She was more talking to herself than to anyone.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 12:52 pm

"Axes look a little... funny with perception compared to weapons, but they don't inherently seem different, even with perception." She clarified. It was a small comfort, if one at all, but it at least made them harder to detect. "They're kept fairly secretive. I don't specifically know of any besides Candy and now Lily. I know of another witch who partnered up with a weapon she met at the Institute, but I don't know her name or anything." Perhaps it was just because she'd refused to transfer, herself, but she really didn't know any of the other witches, meisters, axes, or even grimoires involved. "I don't even know when they started getting made. Candy and I did some research and they have been rumors of witches with especially powerful transforming weapons almost as long as there have been Demon Weapons on record, but..." The frown only worsened as she thought. Was a mage's legacy always steeped in violence and immorality? It certainly made her conflicting soul all the more unusual.

"It's not about you," Joseph said, and he force when he realized how harsh his tone had come out, not even seeing the glaring daggers and spreading ice that had begun admitting from his twin. "I... sorry." He apologized quickly, blurring the words together with how he'd dragged them out. Approaching slowly, carefully, he held out his arms to Nana. "She's always been like this. If she feels like she's not good enough --- and that doesn't take much, mind you --- then she gets stubborn and reckless. Lily's so used to being praised for being perfect that not being the ideal makes her act out."
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 1:18 pm

"Yup, it's all shady as fuck." Aurora summed up with a shrug. "Sometimes it seems as if all the magic users do is spreading evil, yeah?" The witch said with a shrug. A sigh followed her words. "We're the good guys, right, Aurora?" It was perhaps an unusual question, sparked out of her own concerns. Somehow she looked as if that question just accidentally slipped through her mind - a result of thinking out loud.

Nunally immediately froze hearing the harsh tone in Joseph's voice. She immediately felt smaller than she already was compared to the rest. From their point of view, it would even look like it too. She didn't respond in any way to the apology, instead, she kept trembling, her lips moving on its own silently repeating the phrase "it's all wrong". They couldn't see it as the meister kept covering her face trying her best not to make a sound while tears forced their way to her eyes. With a barely audible whimper, she finally looked up, showing her wet eyes and cheeks on display. However, she avoided Joseph's look as if she was afraid of getting scolded. "She was and is good enough though! Lily is as important as you two... Every meister would be proud to wield you three all at once..." Nunally finally spoke. "The risk is not worth it... It's... not..."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 1:25 pm

"I... think so." She said, brow furrowing. The sugarglider witch looked up at her with concern. "I mean, we only kill things-" she couldn't say people, "-that are hurting others. It's still killing but... I guess it feels more justified?" She asked finally before looking down, sheepish.

"She never would have listened." He said, stooping down so that he could look up at her, now, when she didn't go into his arms. It stung, but he knew that he deserved it. "If she's not the best of the best then she's expecting to be scolded or ignored. She has to come out on top or she feels like she's nothing." He didn't have to say the words to get them across --- their family had drilled it into Lily from the start, and while she had a natural talent for nearly everything, it didn't make up for the fact that she was, in fact, treated poorly in any matter that she didn't excel at. It was praise or it was punishment. He'd been her only guiding hand from the start. It made Jasmine's skin crawl and blood freeze, ice seeping from her skin, spreading along the wall and floor. She'd spent most of her life up until this point wondering why she'd been abandoned, why she hadn't been enough. Seeing that Lily had been kept when she had not had been its own pain, but finding out that not even the bright bundle of joy was enough? Perhaps, in some ways, she'd been better off. She could only hope that Lily didn't have the same rebellious streak that she did.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 2:55 pm

"It's more than justified. Those corrupted souls are on Death's list for a reason." Aurora simply explained. She was speaking from her own experience, really. "Like, those souls are actual monsters. There's reason why I... you know..." The fox witch waved her metal left arm as if to prove the point. "I'm not speaking in a general sense, really... I mean... are you and I, the good guys?" Aurora said and let out a sigh. "We're both witches, clearly trying to do good. We've obviously experienced a lot of shitty things along the way, but... the thing we did? With that lil' weapon girl? Hell, the thing I did to you after hearing about the institute 'n' shit was plain cruel." Aurora said, getting herself into something of a philosophical analysis of their deeds.

Nunally listened to Joseph's explanation feeling more and more depressed. She'd never had a biological family and the only person who was like a brother to her had gone missing just after meeting him. Of course, she had her beloved boyfriend, Jasmine who was her most trusted friend and Lily who, despite making her somewhat uncomfortable at times, was also a precious friend. In a way she felt glad - it was better not to have a family than having to endure such terrible things. "It's... a good thing... that you're all away from that kind of life now..." Nunally said after a moment, finally looking at both Joseph and Jasmine. "I've not been alive nearly long enough to just... comprehend all the things you've all been through, but... I'm just glad you three are here. Lily needs to learn that being perfect isn't possible... None of us are. Like, you two argue with each other often, I'm a crybaby with low self-esteem and Lily strives for something she will never accomplish." Nana spoke, finally managing to calm her own emotions down. She listed what she felt were the biggest flaws of all four of them.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 3:06 pm

"If we didn't help her she would have done it anyway, with more pain," she asserted again, though her gaze was far off. Distracted, she ended up biting her tongue instead of the gum and winced, stopping in her tracks for a bit before dealing with the matter and continuing. "If I hadn't told her then she would have done it in ignorance. If I hadn't joined her but still told her she would have found some way to handle it and wouldn't tell a soul until afterwards. Even if..." She shook her head, "Even if we took the soul away from her somehow, I feel safe in saying she might have gone looking for another one. We're the only things that kept her any kind of safe through that."

If they'd known that the reason she mentioned them fighting was because she though it was their biggest flaw, they both would have scoffed. Still, Jasmine was trying to cool off --- or warm up, as it were --- after hearing the hints of what Joe and Lily had gone through. She was barely paying attention to the conversation, she was working so hard to calm herself back down. Joseph responded, however, which sort of made up for it, if only just.

"She's resisted therapy so far," he said, glancing towards the doorway as he said it. He'd been trying to get her to go since they'd both gotten away from their parents and he'd been treated as a guardian --- no that it matter. She was basically emancipated from their parents, being a DWMA student. "But one day, I hope she'll accept that..."

Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2020, 4:42 pm

"In other words, you believe we've picked the lesser evil, correct?" Aurora asked as if, to sum up Aurora Boyd's points into a simple and short sentence. She got a point though. The girl wouldn't listen to any voice of reason no matter what. They only made the process less damaging for her and her partners. "Tell me, Auro, are you happy you're a witch?" Another philosophical question from Aurora Foster. Well, she just wanted to hear someone else's opinion regarding some things that were on her mind.

"Once day her pursuit of perfection will eat her whole and kill her spirit I feel..." Nana sighed and started staring at the floor again. "Maybe... I should start spending more time with her..?" The meister suggested. Her logic was quite simple - Lily was probably used to being around her family members, so what if, for a change, she started bonding with her meister more? Not to mention that Nana had the bare minimum knowledge about each of her weapons anyway and asking them about it always felt intimidating. "I mean... I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't always go along with what she wants..." Nana said, scratching the back of her head and then sighed. "I don't know..."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2020, 9:52 pm

"I'm happy that I can help people," she said after a moment's contemplation, little pink tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth until she had spoken again. "Witch, meister, weapon monster --- whatever I am, whatever I was born as, if I can help someone, I'm happy."

Joseph's face burned at the mention of people going along with Lily's antics, a remark that also had Jasmine staring daggers at him. Nana was right, certainly. Joe just didn't like to be called out on it.

"I think it would help." Jazz said honestly, rubbing at the back of her neck and then her arm, still bringing herself under control, but at least a little, small degree more able to pay attention to the conversation. Jasmine had made it clear enough over the years that she wasn't the most comfortable with being any sort of influence on Lily. She just... wasn't exactly the sort of person that she thought others should look up to.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2020, 8:45 am

Aurora went silent for a moment after hearing the other witch's statement. She so suddenly reminded of how things were with her in the past - how her desire was to keep proving to the world that witches can do good for humanity with their magic. After all, her own healing magic could save so many people. "I used to be exactly like that before... Helping wherever it was possible and needed." Aurora finally said, looking towards her arm. "I don't know anymore, I'd rather just distance myself away from the whole saving the world from evil stuff... "

Nunally looked towards Jasmine and rubbed her chin, giving even more thought to the idea. How should she even approach it? Finding a way to change Lilian's attitude to perfection was definitely easier said than done, really. While thinking about it all, her mind was getting shrouded by an invisible cloud of all the issues the four of them had in terms of how vastly different each one of them was. In retrospect, she started admiring the ever so unphased approach her internal computer used to have when handling those siblings. "Okay..." Nana eventually made up her mind. More or less an idea was in her head. "Let's give Lily some time to rest and then, uhm... hm, I'll take her for the so-called "girls' day out". How does that sound?"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2020, 4:21 pm

"What about your weapons?" She asked, looking at her with a tilted head, recalling her own past and current partners as she asked the question. "Sure, you don't have to save the world, but... would they care if you gave that up?" The Boyd girl chewed at her lower lip for a moment, thinking until her tongue poked out the side of her mouth. Quickly sucking it back in, she said, softer, "I didn't get very far with mine, but I'd like to think that... they wouldn't mind either way, at least as long as I wasn't turning for evil. I guess someone might arguing that not fighting evil is the same as allowing it, but... as long as I can help even a little, I'd say I'm coming out on top."

~

"It wouldn't be the worst approach," Jazz said, moving to the sink and running warm water along her arms. "And with the two of you in Death City, you'd surely be safe." The later statement seemed to be directed more towards Joseph than Nunally, and he grew a bit more sheepish again.

Shifting, he looked at Nana again, stroking her hair and studying her face, "I can drop you off whenever you ask."
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2020, 5:35 pm

Aurora closed her eyes and looked away for a moment, signs of irritation returning onto her face. "My weapons, huh?" The witch repeated the word, before letting out a sigh. "My original partners left me shortly after my... incident." She muttered. It was clear she sounded more pained than irritated, really. So, no, they clearly wouldn't care about anything I'd do." Aurora sighed again, calming herself down. "Though... would be nice to make a Death Scythe... I'd like that final meister star... Without it, I'll probably feel like I've failed myself." A moment later she refocused on Aurora Boyd, realizing something. "So, how does it work? This whole monster-slaying thing? Do you hunt down dangerous creatures or what? How different is it from what we do as the DWMA students?" Aurora asked.

Nana's sheer innocence quickly kicked in. "Why wouldn't we be safe om Death City? I'm a meister, Lily is a weapon. We're trained to be able to protect ourselves. Besides, it's Death City, there are tens if not hundreds of meisters and weapons all around the area." The girl presented a quite logical conclusion. No one would be foolish enough to strike in the middle of a day in Death City. Even nights were relatively safe with meisters being able to detect corrupted souls. Nunally looked up at Joseph, a wide smile growing on her face, her eyes once again staring at him lovingly. "That's so kind of you Joseph!" Nunally said with a sweet voice before she realized something. "Wait, but, wouldn't that go against the point of having Lilian develop to be less influenced by what your family expects of her? No, wait, I'm probably wording that in the wrong way... Shouldn't we try to make her more independent?"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2020, 10:28 pm

"Dangerous ones, yes." She said, shifting a little and moving to lean against a building's outer wall, closing her eyes and tilting her head back to bask in a cloudier section of the Nevada sun. "Candy and I like to do our own research for missions and hunt down ones that are being especially troublesome in more rural areas. We only go after ones that are corrupted." Opening her eyes, she turned her head to look at her, smiling softly, "You know what's interesting about them? They take on the properties of whatever else they are. Magic ones go from white souls to purple. Immortals turn green. Kishin Egg, mad, or corrupt ones turn red."

"Neither of you drive." He pointed out simply, cocking a brow at her.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2020, 3:09 pm

Aurora stopped near the other Aurora and crossed her arms on the chest as she listened to the short lecture about the monsters and their powers and properties. In theory, it all sounded good and all. Aurora and Candy were clearly saving people from dangerous creatures. "I see... hm..." The fox witch rubbed her chin and closed her eyes for a moment. "So... what kind of monsters have you hunted down so far? Werewolves? Slimes? Imps? Vampires?"

Nunally was clearly amused by Joseph's argument. Really, he was just looking for a way to get involved wasn't he? "And... how is that a problem? We can walk." She asked then said, her arms slowly reached out towards him, before resting her hands on his shoulders.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeJune 12th 2022, 11:12 pm

At this, she shifted, seeming uncomfortable, though she still answered her, albeit a bit tentatively, "Uhm, well... not specifically? We've... well, there's been a wendigo... There's- There's just a lot, really. I think we're around twenty, now. It depends on what we're going after, I guess. Like, some things could have minions. For... obvious reasons..." The broken, nervous laughter that followed that showed even more discomfort, "It's not like we'll hunt witches, really, but say you hunt a witch, well, some might have covens. So there could be other witches, ghouls, zombies, or other sort of... minions... I'mnotgoodatexplainingthis, okay?" She shook her head, rubbing at her arm nervously.

~

"Okay, but-" Joseph began to protest again, only to be cut-off by his twin-apparent.

"Joe, drop it. You've been had and you need to let them be." She shook her head, looking between the couple, "She may be armor, but she is still a weapon. Even besides how good in combat Nunally is, she's an insanely capable meister. No one is going to harm them." Jazz passed a quick nod to the meister in question. "They've got this."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)   Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos) - Page 29 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are we Hunters or Partners??? I'm Confused! (Nana & Foster/Smith Partnership; So much chaos)
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29