Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Arc
Admin
Admin

Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] Empty
PostSubject: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2017, 7:45 pm

Jay, the sorcerer who usually roamed the states and made little effort to settle, had decided that now was the time to try and get a stable job. Not a normal job by any means, but a stable one. The sorcerer, an ally of the DWMA waltzed into the academy as if he belonged; his soul protect down, his confidence was almost palpable. He got some odd looks from a few of the less informed students, ones that didn't realise that the DWMA was filled with witches and sorcerers already. Needles to say, if he wasn't so absolutely confident in being there, so confident in giving those that moved to try and attack a sideways glare that put them in their place, he would probably have been attacked at this point. He walked down the corridors until he came upon the door to Death's Room. That's where his confidence wavered somewhat, but he pushed on, entering after pausing in front of the door for a moment. Even Jay wasn't comfortable with facing the Reaper himself. Who was? He knew he would also have to deal with Eibon in that same room.

When Jay came out, he was carrying a stack of papers and looking twenty times more tired than he did when he went inside. It seemed like his soul had been drained or something. Some of the students who had dealt with the Shinigami could probably pinpoint the expression that was so many times more apparent on the sorcerers face. Jay didn't get the position he wanted, not really. Rather than the institute exclusively, he'd be a teacher at both schools. He would be called when needed. A combat instructor for the Institute. A substitute teacher for various subjects in the DWMA, along with teaching a new class that Death had been thinking of; he'd be teaching EAT students how to counter magic. Considering the rarity of students that would need such a class, he would also be called for this when needed.

So, basically, a substitute. Going between the ordinary classes and those meant for magic users.

"I need a drink." He said to nobody at all after he was back at the entrance of the Academy. He summoned a platform of air on the side of the stairs, using it to slide back down towards the city, still regal as ever as he slid down with an advanced spell used in a juvenile way.

At least he'd be getting an office...

Last edited by Arc on January 6th 2018, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2017, 8:07 pm

Not far from the school, he'd find that Phoebe was already barside at the nearest pub. Her horns were in Extinct form, low enough that her hair, when done up properly, covered them. She looked very much like she was in her early to mid-twenties again, despite that she typically appeared to be in her later teams. It was a convenient use for her other forms, but it could still turn out risky if she stayed in it for too long. Phoebe wasn't worried now, though, instead merely drinking and ignoring the other patrons.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2017, 8:13 pm

Jay, of course, was headed to the nearest bar that he could remember the location of from the last time that he had visited any bars in Death City. He did find that his first choice wasn't a bar any longer. It made him feel like he hadn't visited the City nearly enough. Still, he had a backup, and it was of course what was the closes bar at this point in time. Without looking at who he happened to be sitting beside, or what anyone seemed to be thinking of him and his obvious sorcerer attire, or even about the stack of papers with the mark of the Academy at the top that he haphazardly left lying on the counter just beside him, he ordered his drink of preference, one he remembered getting fairly recently. "Could I get a whiskey, please? On the rocks. Thank you."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 9:01 am

A soft chuckle escaped the patron beside him, an amusement to the sound characteristic only of someone with a degree of familiarity. "Made it to Death City, I see." She said, the voice more mature than he would have largely remembered it, giving away that she'd forcibly aged herself in order to make it through the door.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 9:32 am

Well, it couldn't have been anyone else that knew about his journey to the city, but Jay turned towards that person and checked anyway. He was almost tempted to go so far as to poke at where he thought the woman's horns would be hidden, but before he could even start on such a bold action he dissuaded himself. "What a coincidence! How's the... well, you know who?" He asked, his spirits suddenly picking up.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 9:37 am

"Lady?" She asked, having been referring to the creature as such, since she still hadn't given her a name. Phoebe suspected that it had something to do with the creature's creation; knowing the name might give the witch power over the monster, so it was a sort of self-preservation method for the water beast. "She's doing fine. Apparently, she only prefers freshwater but is perfectly fine in salt. I teased her about the Dead Sea and she just huffed and asked if she was being prepped for sushi." There was a mild, gentle amusement to her voice, a more relaxed air about her here in the city than there had been when they'd met. "How are you doing, Jay?"
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 9:48 am

Jay laughed at the dead sea comments, but only briefly as he had his own comment to make on that. "More like turtle soup, though that is only looking at the shell more than any other part of her body." He said, taking a sizeable swig from his drink thereafter. "I got that job." He replied to Phoebe's question, sliding the stack of papers towards her. It's not like they were for his eyes only. "The job offer changed, though. I'll be working in both schools, would you believe it."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 9:57 am

Her brows furrowed a bit at this new revelation, glancing over the front page of his stack of paperwork. Making a 'tut' sound with her tongue, she looked back up at him, "So, I'll be seeing a lot more of you, then?" She said, surprised that he hadn't received a permanent position, though it did mean that he'd be present at either school a good bit of the time. An alley was good to have close-at-hand.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 10:38 am

"You'll probably end up dealing with me more often than you'd like. Hell, I might even end up giving you lessons." Jay said, finishing his first drink for the day, motioning to the man behind the bar for a refill. The position was premanent enough that he wouldn't be doing much in the way of travelling wherever he likes, but limiting himself to short trips going to specific places. "Honestly, this is probably better than a permanent position on a timetable." Jay summed up, shrugging.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 11:02 am

"Enough freedom for wriggle-room," she agreed, holding her glass up in a makeshift toast before downing a swig of it. "But who says you can teach me anything?" Her voice was teasing and vague, holding tight to all attempts at hiding her actual age from any and everyone.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 11:11 am

"Don't know if I can or can't, I'm not assuming either. Then again, I'm sure that in two hundred years of experience, even if you're twice that age or older, I'd have picked up something that you haven't." Jay said, followed by another shrug and another swig of his whiskey. "Of course, that's just a hypothetical. I don't know how old you are nor am I asking." He said, to amend any potential misunderstandings. "That," he went on, pausing to sip at his drink again. "Would be rude of me."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 12:36 pm

A slight laugh and a shrug followed As she tipped back another sip, barely drinking the beverage she'd been nursing since before he'd arrived. "What are your plans, then?" She asked him, somewhat curious herself but more trying to keep conversation in lieu of things becoming awkward.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 5:46 pm

"Teach well, while enjoying my time with uppity students who haven't gotten the memo about the Academy being full of witches and sorcerers." Jay said, making a motion similar to the mock toast that Phoebe had made previously. "While learning all about what all the rage is with staying in one place, on top of that."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 5:49 pm

She snorted a bit, amused more than a little bit by his words, "It really is utterly comical how many students are unaware that some of the teachers are magic users, let alone the number of students --- and that goes for both schools." She shook her head, swirling her glass thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 5:55 pm

"How does a student of the Institute not realise that their teachers are magic users?" Jay asked, suddenly curious as to how that might possibly be able to occur. "Or is it that some Intitute students don't realise that there are Academy students that don't want to go through a hellish obstacle course every day? Or does that go for those that end up eating a monster soul and get pushed towards the Institute, without actually being told?"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 6:09 pm

"There are some Axes still at the school," she said, eyes dancing with a mischievous gleam. Clearly, someone had been spying where she shouldn't have. "But regardless, we do have some non-magical meisters down under, they... take a while to assimilate. Plus, Axes that have moved down after being topside are often left very confused, especially if their previous counts were pure KE."
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 6:14 pm

"Once again, getting used to a hellish obstacle course probably would take some getting used to." Jay said, finding his glass empty again, though not moving to get it filled again just yet. It was early after all. "Still, those that don't realise... Those are funny. Just walking to go and see Death, I had to glare down at least three from attacking me." He lifted his empty glass again, chuckling. "This will be fun!"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 6:23 pm

"You never use a Soul Protect," she pointed out, being able to sense both the lack of that spell and the general magical aura overall. "They're trained to attack on-sight. Of course, the newbies are difficult to drill the, 'not everyone is for killing,' bit into..." She drank again, finally finishing up the glass she'd been holding.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 6:33 pm

"I only use it when I have to." Jay said simply, leaning forward on the counter, looking to the side at Phoebe. "I'm not going to hide what I am. I don't need to. Not when I don't need to be stealthy." He went on. "And I think they are trained wonderfully! They can tell exactly when they would get their asses kicked if they were to attack."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 6:58 pm

Another snort followed, and she pulled out a water bottle from her bag to take a sip from. "Well, any that don't take after the infamous... famous... whichever... Black*Star, at any rate."
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 7:00 pm

"I heard he doesn't have any kind of soul perception, so I'd be better off with it off." Jay said, sitting back up. "And, I think he could actually kick my ass, if what I've heard is true."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 7:19 pm

She waved a hand, "Assuming it deems you worth it. He has a bit of a god complex, afterall." Waving for another drink, she took a sip of her water before putting it away.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 7:23 pm

"I strut around like I own the place, almost exclusively." Jay said, following Phoebe's example and having the bartender pour him another while he was there. "I'm sure I'd infuriate someone that conceited." He added, ignoring the fact that he was a bundle of pride, too.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 7:25 pm

A shrug followed, "You don't worry me any." Phoebe admitted honestly.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2017, 7:29 pm

"If I did, I'm sure you would have been out the door the moment I sat down." Jay said with a chuckle, taking a drink. "I'm glad, though. I could use a few more friends that won't die of old age."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]   Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eagle Eyes on three large orbs in the skies. [Open, but try to ask][NSWF]
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next