Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2014, 8:06 pm

Current Users: Lani, Ace, Oblivion, Beyril
Time: Two days before abduction, approx. noon

IC:

Justice still seemed nervous by the time they finally made it to the training ground. Sid was already notified and standing off to the sidelines with his blue, undead arms folded across his chest. Xe spun the angel scythe in xir hands before holding it in front of her, somewhere between offensive and defensive. The meister's eyes were locked on the shinigami before xir, watching and waiting, and xe nodded to indicate that the start of the battle would be Arusa's choice.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2014, 8:12 pm

Arusa nodded quietly and took a firm stance in front of Justice. He slowly dragged his finger across the air, revealing a black, ink-like liquid, dripping through the space before him, as if slowed down by time, or as though it was sinking in to a pit of water.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2014, 8:34 pm

Claire shook a bit in Justice's grip. though the face on the angel was still one of serenity, it was obvious that the weapon was having some trouble with the situation. Self doubt began to creep in, and Justice would feel the metal in her hands grow warm.
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2014, 8:36 am

ooc: Paige's turn. I'll drag her in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2014, 11:30 am

Addy grinned, excited to try and show off a bit before her new friends, "Ready when you are, Arusa." she nodded, the long wooden staff flickering with light in anticipation.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2014, 12:35 pm

Justice continued to stand there and wait, patient, though xe adjusted xir hands on the scythe, shifting xir stance, "Calm, Claire." Xe whispered, voice reassuring and unusually soothing. "We can handle this, alright? I have faith in you."
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2014, 7:56 pm

"Right then." Arusa launched himself from the ground, backwards, leaving the strange substance in it's place. A strange sloshing noise filled the air as the Shinigami ran his finger through it once more. Only this time, he brought it over his shoulder, and the liquid that followed remained static, and did not drip; it remained a straight line. In the meantime, he hoisted Addy in to the air, and swung her about in a circular motion, attempting to get something out of her.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2014, 10:30 pm

Claire sucked in a shaky breath, managing to lower the temperature of the metal through concentration, though the occasional shiver still ran up the weapon. "I-I'll try... To make good on y-your faith..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2014, 10:41 pm

Following Addy's wooden end, the ground rose up in circular stone columns, forming a protective spiral wall around Arusa, with a single column rising below him to lift him into the air.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2014, 1:26 pm

That's better. Justice thought back, spinning Claire in a quick circle, adjusting xirself to the weight. Xir eyes never once left the shinigami, but xe seemed unsure. What the liquid was, xe didn't know, but Justice wasn't about to take xir chances. The meister could work with speed, though xe imagined that xir opponent didn't know that yet. Xe wasn't about to give that away though. Do you know your element? Justice asked, slowly beginning to walk in a wide arc around the puddle, studying and watching the columns rise from nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2014, 12:48 am

"Wh-" Arusa stared as the ground moved around him, which almost caused him to forget about the needle he'd made. Having it sink in to the stone pillar would do him no good, so when he noticed it, still un-moved in it's place, he snatched it in to his free hand and placed it above him. Shinigami powers are beyond complex. Why cant I have a normal ability, like pointing my fingers at something and lightning striking it? Is it too much to ask; I'm not a genius here! Biding his time Arusa pointed an index finger at Justice, launching a black tear drop at xir. When xe dodged it, an event that was all too likely, it would plant itself firmly on the ground behind xir, making a small puddle.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2014, 1:04 am

OOC: Xe, Xir, or Xim please. Justice is agender

Claire shook again in xir hand. "I-I don't know... Light, I suppose..." She honestly didn't even know what her meister meant by element. Didn't some weapons not have an element? She just knew that the typical Scythe resonances were light based, and so that was her answer.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2014, 5:24 am

ooc: Guys, remove all references to Justice's sex. I'm trying to keep that a secret. As far as GENDER goes, xe is agender and thus goes by agender pronouns; Justice prefers xe/xem/xir

Actually, I'll just edit ya'll's posts.

As far as anyone is concerned, Justice's actual sex is meta-knowledge and unknown. No one at the Academy knows whether xe's physically/biologically/genetically a boy or a girl, and I plan on keeping it that way for now. Until your particular character knows heads or tails, don't use any other pronouns that aren't agender:
Agender Pronoun Table:

ic:

The instant xe saw the droplet coming at xir, xe began to spin Claire in front of xir. The meister's eyes were intent as xe went to guard against, and possibly deflect, the possible attack. Xir pace hadn't picked up at all, nor had xe relented in the arc xe had already been walking in. Instead, Justice walked at a normal pace, studying, though xe expertly twirled the scythe in front of xir, patient, guarded, waiting and observing. This match-up was probably not the best for xir and Claire's first battle, but it was a challenge, and it allowed Justice to learn from first-hand experience rather than being a bystander or reading for a book.

This was the sort of battle that xe lived for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 12:47 pm

Addy's magic created a bowl of earth around Justice and Claire, Arusa high enough on his pedestal to look down and watch from above.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 1:41 pm

Claire felt a shot of adrenaline go through her, and the angel figurine took on the barest hint of a smirk. Justice, I-I won't fail you. I won't!
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 2:39 pm

Wh- they aren't even going to dodge it? Arusa watched as the black bullet flew in to the scythe. Though it was far less effective on someone in their weapon form, a droplet of Black Water would send a surprising shock to any rejecting host, and this included Claire. "Liquid, when used as a weapon, isn't necessarily used to hit directly. Blocking it won't do you much good; only the solids are safe to touch. I recommend dodging the majority of my attacks." Though minuscule now, do to the size of the droplet, the point of contact on Claire's form would reveal a rusted color, which would show as a bruise in her human form. "At least, for your partner's sake."

"Addy, your abilities really are quite amazing." He explained, leaping from his stone pillars. "Do you know if there's any way you can augment my Black Water?" The bowl created by Addy would soon be a very dangerous place for Justice. The Shinigami's hand traced the rim at the top of the bowl as he ran around the entire length of it. This sole line would prove to be a hazard, as it began to leak more of the substance in to the bowl. "Or at least, is there anything that you can teach me about you? I've roughly come to the assumption that my actions or emotions or something of the sort dictate your functions, but it's not that simple, is it?"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 3:10 pm

Justice nearly screamed when xe realized that xe'd done more harm than good to the weapon by using her defensively. Looking around sent another wave of panic through xir. Gritting xir teeth, xe slid Claire's staff through xir back belt loop and began climbing out the bowl as best xe was able. Ideas, Claire? This is... way more than I think I can handle.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 3:13 pm

Claire's soul grabbed onto Justice's, her voice whispering in xir ear. Trust me... Claire's weapon form began to spark, even as spectral wings grew from the metal ones on her weapon form. Resonate with me. I-I can hold it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 3:14 pm

"What you're feeling is amplified in my magic." She explained, "For water or liquid? Hmm... Probably relaxation. And you have to really focus, or it just kind of acts. Like another person. I'm simply a conduit. I don't really control it myself."
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 3:34 pm

"Got it!" Arusa was happy that Addy had put it so simply, though he could only hope he could pull it off. He would also have to hope that it would work, given that Black Water and water were complete opposites. To test her instruction, Arusa reverted to the puddle that he'd made previously, sinking in to it after creating a sort of bubble to protect Addy. Once on the other side, Arusa removed Addy from the barrier, and revealed an entire world, that seemed to represent the human one. There were no people, no animals, no life of any kind, and any object, be it the trees that should give life, or the dirt on which Arusa had stood firmly on only moments before, it was all made of the same black, sticky substance that the Shinigami's body generated.

"Calm..." He shut his eyes and focused for a minute, gently twirling Addy about his body to get a better feel for her as he sloshed about in the marshy dimension.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 3:49 pm

As his heart rate decreased, and the thought of "calm" encompassed his mind, the blue trail of water from the top of Addy followed along behind his circle and slowly gained volume, drawing the water from the air.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 12:52 am

Justice jolted, unsure of what was going on. Slowly, xir eyes closed and xe reached back to pull Claire out of her belt loop and hold her with both hands. "Ready?" Xe whispered, relaxing and calming, matching heartbeats and wavelengths with the girl. The calm came in waves, the heightened power arriving in more of a flow. Xe could feel every fiber of xir being working in perfect harmony, every heartbeat, every breath, every nerve ending. Xe felt like water. Every piece of xir felt like drops in one body of water, and xe could feel not only herself but also Claire. They felt like one being, a sentient, anthromorphic pond. It was freeing and relaxing, but also surreal. Gripping the staff handle of Claire's scythe form, Justice focused on the wings, of their feel and presence, and channeled xir energy into them, batting them and allowing them to flutter and beat, to fly.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 1:01 am

The soul wings on her scythe started to slowly move forward and back, up and down. The scythe blade began to glow, and elongated, remaining smooth and simple. The wings became the most ornamental part of the resonance, growing larger and more powerful with each beat as their souls traded energy back and forth. The 'feathers' shifted through colors, a rainbow of energy that illuminated the bowl, then seemed to shine through it. This wasn't witch hunter, nor was it any normal scythe resonance. Finally, in a burst of light and power, the resonance reached its peak, blowing apart the black water. They spoke as one, their voices seeming to echo after they stopped. "Serenitatem."
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 3:49 am

A roar of soul energy blasted from the real world, shaking the marsh-like mirror world that Arusa had made. Losing his focus, the Shinigami stumbled back, falling on his ass, and almost let Addy touch the volatile substance. "That was a resonance!" Arusa looked up through the pool of Black water, seeing through it as though it were a clear liquid. "We need to do something about that..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 3:33 pm

Addy's circling water, at such close proximity to the black water, started to switch for the black water, a churning effect circling the two as the substance shook and wavered, trying to make sense of the difference between the water and this new liquid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2   Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Perhaps We Don't Belong (Enter Upon Request) Pt. 2
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next