Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) Empty
PostSubject: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 1st 2016, 11:35 pm

Bells rung overhead as Asher pushed the door open to a random diner. He took a look inside, accounting for the finer and intricate details of the place before choosing whether he wanted to gorge there or not. Checkered flooring, red revolving seats lined up behind a marble countertop, a flickering light, a passed out junkie in the far corner from the entrance, and a lone elderly woman working the restaurant by herself. Asher inhaled deeply through his nose and out his mouth before stepping in. He didn't know how or why he wound up in Los Angeles, but he was there now and he was feeling hungry. Asher's shoes softly pattered across the sleek floor as he made his way to one of the seats at the countertop. The lady hadn't noticed Asher yet, but that didn't bother him. He still needed time to decide on what he wanted to order. As Asher reached over and plucked one of the menus laying to the left of him, he couldn't shake what'd been tormenting him since his arrival to L.A.

Asher laid his chin in hand as he stared down at the menu, looking over the variations of burgers that they offered. But although he seemed to be staring at his options, he was really just staring down blankly. His birthday was just a week ago, but for Asher, that wasn't something to celebrate. Especially since the death of his first and closest friend, and quite possibly his first love, occurred so closely to the date.

It'd been four years since the day Norah died, but it felt like it was just yesterday. Asher's life had been volatile and lacked structure since that day. Everything that had happened since Norah's death seemed to have happened in a flash, and Asher found himself here now, with things going slow for a change. He ran a finger along the side of the menu. Four years and he still couldn't get over her. He couldn't help it. Despite befriending Alabaster and learning to live life a little, Asher still felt lonely. When Norah was around, his life suddenly had meaning and he knew what it meant to be alive. But all that meaning was taken away in an instant at the hands of his own mother.

Asher clenched his jaw.

Why him? Why was he given the life that he was given? Asher clenched at the cross necklace that hung around his neck. He brought it up to his face, examining it for a minute. He hadn't even believed in a God until Norah convinced him there was one and gave him hope that such a being could make his life better if he had faith in it. Norah made Asher who he was. But if there truly was a God, how could he be so cruel to Asher who had never caused any harm or evil upon anyone? His grip tightened around the cross and he clenched his jaw even harder.

Asher began to feel the negative and malicious impulses that he occasionally developed. He looked over at the woman who was busy wiping a glass dry. He then peered over at the passed out junkie. Asher's eyebrows slanted inwards, putting on display how infuriated he was getting. No one seemed to notice what Asher was going through and it was pissing him off. He dropped his hands to his sides, letting them dangle. He stared down at the menu, attempting to calm himself down, but to no avail. He balled one of his fists up and slammed it down on the countertop, letting out all his rage. The lady finally looked up at Asher and Asher looked back. They locked eyes for a moment.

"What would you like to order?"

Last edited by Kidd 23 on April 3rd 2016, 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2016, 3:32 pm

Almost as soon as Asher had been asked to order, in swept a singular girl with her long black hair knotted in clumps. Her broken glass eyes glinted in the dimly lit diner as she examined her surroundings.

She then stepped up to the counter. Her feet were bare, flecked with mud and what looked suspiciously similar to blood. She snagged a menu and gave Asher a smile over the top as she read it.  As she read, she slowly perched on one of the gaudy red stools and swung her legs slowly. back and forth, back and forth The rhythm of Desdemona's legs was strangely peaceful and natural to her. Her yellow sunflower dress seemed completely out of context in the dark night, but it seemed to suit her over all, especially her eyes.

"An order of french fries and a coke, please." She said in a sickly sweet tone before she turned to the other male next to her, batting her eyelashes. "Pretty watch you have there. Is it solid gold?" She leered.

Desdemona had a bad past, she would be the first to admit it. She never had a decent role model, and her mother lacked the initiative to do anything. A useless lump, that was what her father used to call her.
Desdemona was her parent's first and only child, and her father's sidekick. Once she had eaten a couple human souls, she realized she was now more powerful than anyone.
 She could be considered heartless to some people, (namely her victims). Well actually, scratch that. She was heartless, and the Kishin Egg was proud of it. She gave the lady a small, fake smile when her coke was brought to her and she turned so that she could observe Asher. "So." She stated, crossing her legs. "What brings you here tonight?"

OOC: This could probably be request to join
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2016, 12:21 am

OOC: As you wish, Flair God.

Asher stared at the elderly waitress for a moment longer, gritting his teeth in disgust at the world. But in vain, for all the she did was adjust her glasses and ask again. "Well? You gonna order something or what?" She asked this time, a little more assertive with her voice. But just as Asher was going to perhaps utter a few words that he'd regret, someone else stole his spotlight. Coming from out of the shadows, another person entered the small and desolate diner.

Asher bit his tongue the second the newcomer came into focus. He studied her, his concentration fixed on her now. She appeared to be of Asian descent and donned a yellow sunflower dress, which, in all honesty, didn't look too bad on her if Asher had to be completely honest with himself. She couldn't be any older than 25. When his eyes dropped to her feet, however, Asher paused for a moment. Mud and what looked like blood? Asher looked back up at the mysterious woman. Perhaps she was a vagrant? Asher shook his head. He couldn't bring himself to believe that. His eyes followed her hand as it reached out and grabbed one of the menus. He looked back up at her quickly enough to notice the smile she'd flashed at him. Asher averted his gaze, returning to his cold and neutral disposition. Something was off about this woman, but Asher didn't know what.

Asher risked another glance at the woman when she put in her order. Her voice matched her appearance. "Coming right up, sweetheart." The waitress said with a smile and turned to make her way back to the kitchen. "Wait." Asher spoke up suddenly. The waitress looked back at the troublesome teen. He raised the menu up and pointed to a burger that was topped with onions, bacon, and a fried egg. "I'd like this." He said, staring at the mystery woman as he spoke. The lady nodded at disappeared into the kitchen. Asher set the menu down on the countertop and spun around in his stool to stare at the cars that passed by outside. The way he'd just acted was brash and uncharacteristic of him. For some reason, Asher desired the attention of the woman who'd just entered the building, but he didn't know why. He'd never even met or seen this person in his entire life, but he was drawn to her and decided he'd pursue her tonight.

The lady returned to both of them and laid down two cokes for each of them. It'd just dawned on Asher that he hadn't even specified what he wanted to drink. "I'll be back with the food shortly." She smiled at both of them before leaving the room once more. Asher slurped absentmindedly on his drink as he stared at the junkie who was still sound asleep in the corner. Asher turned to the woman who'd suddenly spoken up, shattering the silence. "Oh." Asher glanced at her, giving her a disinterested and apathetic look. "Just hungry, I suppose." He shrugged his shoulders. Intuition was telling him to not let her know of the interest he had in her. If she found out, he'd probably end up manipulated. This was Los Angeles, after all. However, Asher's impulses got the better of him. "And yourself?" He asked, remaining stolid in his speech. "Are you alright?" He asked, gesturing to her feet.
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2016, 11:04 pm

Bingo, got him She thought as she continued to stare him down with a soft smile. A comb seemed to materialize from the folds of her dress and she began to comb out her long hair with a sigh. Her shattered glass eyes widened slightly when the boy spoke up.

When Desdemona saw Asher's gaze shift, hers did as well. the young woman hopped down from the stool and walked over to the junkie.
When she had gotten off the stool, several more suspicious red stains were revealed to be splattered along the back of her dress like some bizarre fashion addition to the sunflowers.

"He doesn't have a pulse." She stated plainly before she walked right back and perched there, proceeding to examine him with increasing fascination. Her gaze was one of a how a scientist might look upon something about to be dissected. It was cruel and calculating, without a trace of remorse.

When she next spoke, it was in a sickeningly sweet tone that made even her gag internally. "Oh, this hungry.. in the middle of the night?" She cooed, crossing her ankles and glancing down at her legs when he asked about her feet. She mentally dialed it back a little bit before she replied "Oh, that? I.. was just having some late night fun, if you get my drift?" In a casual tone. She then winked at him.

OOC: unnecessary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2016, 9:07 pm

Asher watched as the comb materialized out of practically nothing. Even then and there, in a moment where most would be astonished, Asher remained impassive. However, the mysterious red stains made for a fascinating sight. Something in the back of Asher's head was telling him that something was wrong with this lady and that he should get as far from the diner as possible, but he remained captivated by her and he didn't know why. Perhaps it was just how strange and mysterious she was that added to her allure, or perhaps because she was the first woman to walk into the building as Asher was having a breakdown over his lost love. Questions like these couldn't be answered with logic and rationality.

"No pulse?" Asher immediately stood up from the stool, nearly spilling his drink. How could she be so casual about something like that? Asher quickly walked over to where the junkie lay and placed two fingers to his neck, examining the man. "What?" Asher said, at the woman's statement at having "fun" at a time like this. "What are you implying?" Asher's nose scrunched up in disgust when she winked at him. Was she a prostitute? Asher was once again left completely clueless. He turned away from her and tended to the junkie once more.
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2016, 9:36 pm

Desdemona realized that Asher wasn't the type to be brash, and so she put her comb away. Upon seeing how distraught the boy was, and her cracked glass eyes softened. The Kishin Egg wasn't completely heartless yet, but she could tell that the man's soul hadn't been harvested. "He's recently dead. His soul is still inside his body, for whatever reason." She muttered.

Desdemona didn't want Asher to know she was a Kishin Egg, but she slowly pulled his soul out of his chest. "You want it or should I take it?" She asked in a casual tone. "oh, and by having fun I mean a little bit of torture~" Desdemona added cheerfully. "If you're going to interrogate me then can I at least have a name?" She questioned in the softest of tones as she began to toss the innocent soul from one hand to another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2016, 10:08 pm

"Huh?" Asher backed away from the body of the junkie. He then stared at the unidentified woman cautiously. Asher assumed the woman was probably a meister, given her statement about the junkie's soul still residing within his body. But something about her was off-putting. Asher placed his two fingers on the junkie's neck again. No pulse. Hesitantly, Asher locked eyes with the woman. "How would you be able to know if his-" Asher stopped abruptly.

"What...." Asher took a step back. "What are you doing?" His eyes followed the soul as it landed in the palm of the lady's hand, and the landed in the other. "Why would I want something like that?" Asher grit his teeth. Images of Norah's soul flashed in his head. It was identical to the one he was seeing now. Blue, as the soul of most good or innocent humans were colored.

Through the anger Asher felt fearful. What this woman had just done was something he hadn't seen before. Before he'd even realized it, he'd made a costly, possibly fatal mistake. Emotions always played a large role in the demise of a person. He was clearly failing at disguising his. He didn't know the woman or have any information on her. If worse came to worse, and he were to end up in combat with her, he would be unprepared for it. Asher quickly regained his cool and decided to play along with the stranger for now. "I'm Asher." He introduced himself. "What's your name?" Asher asked. At the nearest opportunity he would contact Alabaster and the DWMA about this woman. Asher hadn't the slightest doubt in his mind that she was evil. And yet, even in this moment of uncertainty, he still felt enthralled by her beauty.
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2016, 9:35 am

Desdeona smiled softly and replied, "I'm not sure what you mean what would you do with it really. Consume it, naturally." was all she murmured. She eyed the innocent soul in interest. "I'm surprised you haven't felt my madness wavelength. I mean, I am a relatively weak Kishin Egg, but still.." She trailed off, now talking more to herself than the boy in front of her.

Desdemona wasn't sure what he was, but she had the idea that he was a weapon of some sort. Dark, Demon or just regular she couldn't particularly tell, but if she gave him the soul he would gain power that she could take advantage of.

"I'm Desdemona Simpson, Asher. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Desdemona said in the same calm tone. She wasn't at all worried about what would happen if he were to attack, but she still kept her guard up.

The only ability she could use at the moment would be her vine attack, which didn't work well in close quarters. In that case, she could either lure him out into the street or run back into the kitchen of the restaurant where she was certain a variety of knives could be found. Until she consumed enough souls, Desdemona had to rely on her physical strength when it came to combat in close quarters.

"And don't you want to gain more power? The world is a game, and all the men and women are merely players. A lack of power is a lack of independence, freedom, and well.. power." Desdemona said in a tantalising tone, taking a couple steps closer to Asher as she spoke. She was now close enough that with every word that she spoke, a light breath hit the boy in the face.

Still holding the soul in her other hand, Desdemona placed the opposing one on his cheek as she gently caressed it. "You're such a handsome boy.. I would hate to kill you.." She cooed, moving so that their faces were just inches apart. Seducing and luring men to her small apartment was her specialty, and so she couldn't care less if she was coming on what would typically be defined as "strong"

OOC: Yes, I just quoted Shakespeare in a roleplay. Fight me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2016, 7:13 pm

Asher's heart dropped at the proposal of eating the soul. To make matters worse, she was a Kishin Egg. Asher's heart nearly lurched out of his chest at the discovery of this. He would never have guessed that she, of all people, would be a Kishin Egg. But then again, this would probably explain his instinctual wariness of her, the mysterious red stains which were still left unexplained, and the comb that fucking came into existence out of nowhere and quickly vanished again. Looking back on it, Asher's intuition had proven to be superior to his intelligence. He should've left when he had the chance. But now, he was paying the price for it and he would have to be prepared for anything that was thrown at him.

"Madness wavelength?" Asher repeated after her. He knew what this was through countless nights of studying how the abnormal side of the world worked, but he had completely forgotten about it in this situation. As would be expected in the plot of a cliché, Asher waited for himself to begin succumbing to madness. But when nothing happened, he passed it off as some phenomenon. He more concerned with the current situation at hand and how to make his escape.

"Likewise, Desdemona." Asher almost gave a sort of bow to her. Chivalry was something that Asher was not lacking in, and even now he was still acting upon his desire to be a gentleman. Man, was this one messed up kid.

"Power?" Asher looked at Desdemona with questioning eyes. He listened to her reasoning on why he should take the soul and eat it, hoping to get a bit of insight on what drove an insane person. Sadly, it seemed the same with Desdemona as it did with every other person that had lost their sense. Acquiring power just to have power. What a washed up and overused excuse to run rampant and cause trouble for the innocent. Unfortunately for her, Asher didn't have the same interests as her in mind.

Asher shuddered at Desdemona's tender touch and flattering. Despite it just being an attempt to exploit Asher, and an obvious one at that, he was rattled emotionally and mentally. One of his deepest and carnal desires was to be treated the way Desdemona had just acted. Loving was something that the boy had not received enough of, and it seemed like something that Desdemona would be willing to provide. Asher's thought process was impaired and he had difficulties thinking, but he still knew that he was in grave danger and needed to act even more quickly now that he was within closer proximity with Desdemona.

"I..." Asher glanced up into Desdemona's eyes. Her green eyes really were a beauty. "Uhh.... I don't...." He timidly looked down and grit his teeth at her contact. He tried to take a step back, but was glued to the spot. He cursed himself for faltering and acting as pitifully as he was now.

The doors to the kitchen suddenly flew open, causing Asher to jump a little. He looked over as the woman stepped out, carrying the two steaming plates of food. "Your food is ready." She cast a friendly smile upon the two. This was it. This was Asher's cue. "I'm going to the bathroom." He said, pulling Desdemona's hand away from his face. He turned and made his way to the restrooms, keeping an eye on Desdemona through the reflection of the windows. Thanks to the waitress, Asher was given more time to formulate some plan of action.
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2016, 8:16 pm

She pursed her red painted lips in mock sadness as Asher darted to the bathroom. Then remembering that she was still holding the soul, Desdemona gave the woman a simpering smile. "I'm sorry dear, but I can't allow you to get out of here after you've heard what I am. Don't worry, I'll make it painless."

She cooed as vines laced with thorns slowly crept out of her fingers. The vines then proceeded to wrap themselves around her neck. The lady would turn even more purple with every passing moment.

Desdemona giggled, and with a flick of her wrist, the woman's neck was broken. While Asher was in the bathroom, she quickly consumed the two souls and picked up the woman's corpse and moving her to the back so he wouldn't know what had happened. She skipped out of the back room humming a little tune and grinning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2016, 8:53 pm

Once Asher made it inside the bathroom, he proceeded to dry heave in the sink. The pressure was too much to handle on his own. Asher clutched his burning stomach with one hand and gripped the sink for support with his other hand. There wasn't anything that could leave his stomach. The whole reason he ended up here was because he was indeed hungry. But it looks like he bit off more than he could chew.

After a few more minutes of dry heaving passed, Asher stood up straight and stared at his sweaty reflection in the mirror. "Where am I going to go with this?" Asher asked himself as he locked eyes with himself in the mirror. He had no intel on Desdemona, Alabaster wasn't here, and the waitress was a bystander Asher had to account for if worse came to worse. Asher gasped.

The waitress.

He hadn't even thought about what could happen to her since he had left her and Desdemona unattended out in the main dining area. If Desdemona was as demented and evil as she came off, she would probably have killed the lady by now. Asher slammed his palms on the sink. "Shit." Asher didn't normally curse, but this time it seemed fitting. Sloppy thinking had led him into an even worse situation that he had initially started with. He looked back up into the mirror, but this time he saw Alabaster. His youthful, blue haired meister stared back at him with eagerness.

"What are you going to do?"

Good question. What would the witty weapon do? Asher's grip around the sink tightened. He couldn't think of what to do and precious time was being wasted. Nothing could stop Desdemona from killing the waitress, either. "I'll.... I'll...." He looked back into the mirror to only see himself. Asher sighed. The lady's life meant more to him than his own did. Asher decided that he would go out there and see if he could convince Desdemona to go somewhere else, preferably somewhere isolated, and see if he could convince her to use whatever powers she had for good. Or something. He really didn't know, he just knew that he needed to get back out there before anything bad happened.

"We'll be taking our food to go." Asher said as he stepped out of the bathroom and walked to the counter where he had been sitting. The food remained in the spots where Desdemona and he had been sitting, but the waitress was nowhere to be found.

"Huh?" Asher looked around the diner. "Where did she go?" Asher looked to Desdemona.
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2016, 9:25 pm

After she ate normally, Desdemona grew very sluggish. This time was no exception. Her eyes were half closed and her entire body was relaxed.

Her head was laying on the cool counter as she sipped her coke. "Eh?" The dazed woman asked. She had eaten both the soul of the junkie, and the soul of the old woman which made her go into a slight sensory overload.

She slowly picked her head up and crossed her ankles.

"Oh, she went to the back. She said she's closing up in a little bit, so we should probably eat and leave. As far as to go.. That's probably not the best idea. I could walk you home or something?"

Desdemona offered, trying to distract Asher from the missing waitress the best that she could. Desdemona had turned back to normal for the moment with her seemingly unending hunger for the souls of her innocent quenched.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2016, 10:22 pm

Asher looked down at Desdemona who appeared to be in a vulnerable state. Now could be a perfect chance to subdue Desdemona. Asher would prefer taking her in for interrogation at the DWMA over killing her. That, and he couldn't bring himself to end the life of such a pretty lady. Hiding his hand behind his back, Asher transformed his entire hand and forearm down into a blade. Slowly inching his way to Desdemona, Asher peered around at the entrance and the kitchen doors. If he could avoid any casualties or unwanted interference.

Just as Asher had gotten to where he had been sitting at, Desdemona came to her senses and fully acknowledged him. Asher quickly turned his arm back and stuck his hands in his pocket. He let the opportunity get away. Looks like he'd have to deal with things the difficult way again.

"Oh, alright...." Asher sighed in relief at hearing that the lady had gone to the back. As long as she was safe, Asher had yet to fail at his job. He plopped down in the seat, almost forgetting about the real danger he was still in with Desdemona around. He was just so glad with the knowledge of the waitress being fine.

Asher ate his food rather quickly, not having had breakfast or lunch. And he did not have to worry about take out. As long as he was out there, and the lady stayed in the back, Desdemona wasn't causing any real danger. "Your home?" Asher said in between a gulp. Obviously, this was an awful idea. But he couldn't let her venture out on her own if she could pose a threat to other people. But if he were to follow back to her place, she would possess a great battle advantage over her. He had until the end of this meal to sort out of his thoughts, and so he slowed down, taking the time to really mull over his options.

As the last slurp of his coke was sucked up, Asher wiped his mouth with a napkin and looked over at Desdemona. "Let's go. But first, I'm going to call the police to inform them of him." Asher gestured to the junkie. "I won't report you, not that it probably matters." Asher reassured Desdemona that she was safe. Asher looked at the city outside and spotted a payphone. He got up from the stool, but stopped dead in his tracks. Something had just occurred to him.

"What did you do with the soul?"
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2016, 6:39 pm

When Asher asked if she was going to take him to her house, Desdemona's eyes widened slightly. Pretending like she had thought of that before, she nodded. "Yeah, my house. It's an actual apartment, but it should be fine.. Maybe we.. Could we get going though?" She asked as her eyes darted around nervously.

Shit, he remembered She cursed in her head when the other asked her about the soul. Desdemona turned to Asher and smiled gently. "I ate it of course, dear." She cooed, her hand once again stretching out and gently trailing a hand down his cheek.

The woman seemed entranced by Asher's face. "So handsome, it would be a shame if you resisted me.. Then this pretty. Little. Face would get all covered in blood!" She tapped his nose in between the words pretty, little, and face with a little smile.

OOC: Not as long as I had last night
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2016, 1:15 pm

OOC: sry been busy b0ss

Asher flinched at each time she tapped his nose, drawing back a bit further and further. "You ate it?" Asher repeated. "No wonder you were acting so anxious." He sighed, running a hand through his hair. For some reason, he felt that he was no longer in danger with this woman, but the intimidation factor still remained of not knowing her capabilities or what she planned on doing with him. Her affectionate advances may have all been fabricated, but it did not seem that way to Asher. Here this woman was babying Asher even though he stood taller than her. The sight was pathetic.

"If that's the case, let's just go." Asher sighed again, a bit disappointed with how poorly he had handled the situation. Someone that could be deemed a threat to the academy had just gotten a bit stronger in the few minutes Asher had left them unattended and could have possibly killed another person had he not came out of the bathroom. Although Asher was not aware of what Desdemona's motives were, it did not take a genius to know that they were not good. And that's exactly what struck fear in Asher. He did not know what she wanted and what she had planned for the future, or how catastrophic her ideas could be and how many people it could affect. None of this he knew.

The bells rung overhead again as Asher held the door open for Desdemona. It was a shame that Desdemona was not just some regular beautiful woman that he was doing this for. As Asher paid the fee and dialed the number to the police, he kept a particularly cautious eye on Desdemona. They were out in the open now and he had to keep track of any civilians that came near in the case that a battle ensues between the both of them. He also had to watch his own back.

"Los Angeles 911, what is the location of your emergency?"

After giving the name of the diner and telling the police of the body, Asher hung up immediately, not giving them anymore information. "Let's go before the police arrive." Asher walked over to Desdemona calmly. "I'm sure you wouldn't like to have a run in with them."
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2016, 9:39 pm

When the door was opened for her, Desdemona smiled at Asher kindly. "Thank you, and know that I wouldn't even have to get the police called on me to get in trouble. My apartment is this way!~" She chirped happily, pointing to the left and starting to walk that way.

Desdemona's mess of frizzy hair made a slight swishing sound as she walked back and forth. She started to hum a little tune under her breath.

OOC: Crappy post, I'll edit for length some time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2016, 7:30 pm

Asher followed after Desdemona, right on her heels. Everything that she had led him up to believe may have been a lie, and he hoped that it all was, but he couldn't take any chances. "I'm sure...." Asher responded to her statement about not having to have the police called on her to land herself in trouble. Asher kept his eyes on Desdemona and on their surroundings. If a battle ensued between the two, he would need to account for any civilians that might be around. However, Asher felt as though there would not be a need for conflict tonight. As odd and hazardous the situation may have seemed, Asher felt that Desdemona's interactions with him were genuine. And that's exactly what made him feel conflicted. The uncertainty of everything.

"Hey, uh, Desdemona...." Asher paused for a moment, feeling peculiar. "Did you.... Did you really mean everything that you said back there?" Asher gulped and crossed his fingers, "Those things about torture and having eaten the soul.... Is that all true?" Asher asked, praying that it wall all a lie. It was hard to believe that somebody like her could be capable of such things. Although there were all sorts of indicators leaning towards her telling the truth, Asher did not want to believe. He would not believe. It just could not be possible.
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2016, 7:34 pm

The beautiful kishin egg looked shocked for a split second before she managed to recover. "I'm a kishin egg, Asher. Of course I meant it. Did you expect much less from the likes of me?" Desdemona said quietly. She was now dead serious, her mood swings going into hyper drive.

She continued to walk, a slight pout on her face. "Maybe some of us didn't choose to be what we are." Desdemona was lying. She enjoyed her life as a kishin egg, but something told her that it would strike a chord in Asher and make him feel sympathy for her.

She turned the corner and nodded at a dirty looking apartment building. "Just a bit longer." When they got to the building, Desdemona opened the door and held it for Asher. Her apartment was grubby and dirty, and there were scratching sounds coming from inside the walls. Dirt was pretty much everywhere, but the pots and pans were neat and organized. In a corner, several dresses hung on a hook.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2016, 7:26 pm

Asher watched Desdemona, calculating her response before she even said anything based solely on her body language and facial reactions. A characteristic of his to analyze everything. By the distraught  look on her face, Asher was instantly let down. No words had to be spoken. Asher peered up as he followed after Desdemona. Even though she indirectly proclaimed herself an enemy of his, he still felt drawn to her. His feelings only grew stronger when Desdemona said that she did not choose to be who she was now.

The two had a lot in common, in Asher's mind. Both were beings that were generally hated and misunderstood. But then again, who would want to befriend a monster? Asher felt his eyebrow twitch slightly. Even though he could understand where Desdemona was coming from, that didn't make it an excuse for her to do the things she did. He had no control over his becoming a dark weapon, but he still chose to fight for justice and benevolence.

Asher's feelings of skepticism skyrocketed once he laid eyes on Desdemona's apartment. Maybe this was all just a setup and she planned to ambush him here. There was no way a person could live in those conditions. Asher gulped in anticipation. Now he was completely cautious of every move he made, making sure to not land himself in a worse advantage than he already was.

Once inside, Asher scanned every inch of their surroundings, taking into account what could be used as a weapon and what could not. His unease reached the peak at the sounds of scratching from within the walls. "Desdemona, what is that?" Asher asked, making sure his tone and stolidity did not falter. "And I mean no offense, but how can you live in these conditions?" Asher asked blatantly. Someone unsuspecting of Desdemona would not think that she came home to this apartment every night.
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2016, 7:38 pm

When Asher asked her about her apartment, Desdemona let out a long sigh. "The scratching is a mouse problem. I've been meaning to fix that for a while, but I just haven't gotten around to it." She seemed to be honest for the moment. When Desdemona was asked about the conditions, a smile curved across her lips.

"I grew up in an alleyway. My mother was a prostitute and my father was involved with smuggling souls. This is the first roof I've lived under since I've been born." The shattered green eyes scanned Asher and then the apartment. Clearing some of the dirt off the lumpy looking couch, Desdemona blinked and looked around. "You can sit or whatever.." She murmured. "You want some tea? I've got green tea and plain black tea."

I have to seem inconspicuous, I can tell he's tense.. she thought.Regardless of what Asher's answer was to the tea, Desdemona began to brew a pot of water on the gas stove. The wallpaper in the dimly lit apartment was flowery, along with the tea pot. Once it began to whistle, a vine grew out of Desdemona's right hand and opened the cabinet. Pulling out a single bag of tea leaves, the vine set it down and slowly absorbed back into her wrist like it was no big deal.

OOC: Apartment http://pre07.deviantart.net/e849/th/pre/f/2012/269/d/7/dirty_apartment_concept_by_opengraphics-d5fy08h.jpg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2016, 10:17 pm

Asher nodded and listened. This women did indeed have a very, very sad life and background story. He wondered if her roots were the pushing factor into what made her who she was today. In fact, he wanted to know everything there was to know about her. She'd piqued his interest, and if that was her task, well, she'd succeeded. But the feelings of wanting to know about her were more than just him wanting to observe Desdemona.

"Oh, umm.... I'm actually still quite full...." Asher uncomfortably adjusted his scarf. He examined the spot where he'd been asked to sit for a quick second before reluctantly sitting down. "If you don't mind...." Asher thought about whether it would be a wise choice or not to ask what was on his mind.

I have to do this. Desdemona and I are so similar. I have to know.

Asher's curiosity bested him and he came out with his question. "How did you become a Kishin Egg?" He asked plainly, removing his scarf and putting it back on. They're lives were both tragic and they seemed to have some common traits and characteristics. If he knew what had happened, there might be a chance he could help her out.
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2016, 11:15 pm

When she was asked how she became a Kishin, Desdemona smiled softly. She didn't really understand what he meant by his answer to the tea, so she simply handed him some of it anyways.

"I said my father smuggled souls for a living correct? Naturally I grew curious. I found bags and bags of souls and I had a nice little snack!~"

Desdemona plopped down on the couch next to Asher and sipped her tea, smiling over at him again. The woman continued to sip her tea in silence as her eyelids grew heavy. Desdemona started to doze off, her tea wobbling unsteadily in her hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2016, 9:46 pm

Asher watched Desdemona as she prepared two cups of tea. "Huh?" Asher took the cup she held out to him with a confused look on his face. He wasn't sure why she had given him some, but it would be rude at this point to refuse the drink. "Thank you...." Asher murmured, still somewhat perplexed.

Asher cleared his throat and stared down at his tea as he listened to Desdemona's story. As Desdemona gave more and more details of her life to Asher, it occurred to him that he may have just met his and Alabaster's match when it came to tormented pasts. Smuggling souls? Just what sort of occupation did her father hold? Asher clutched his cup even tighter now. Was there a bigger picture? Were there people that Desdemona was working for? What about her father? Where was he and what was he doing smuggling souls?

Asher bit down on his thumb in thought. Desdemona seemed open to discussing her life, but he didn't want to intrude. Although he had every right to apprehend Desdemona and interrogate her, he wouldn't. For starters, he was still unsure of her capabilities. But what really kept him from doing the right thing was his inner thoughts. His emotions. She was somebody that he could empathize with too well. And there was nobody else that he felt this way around, except for Alabaster. It made him sad to think that there were other people in this world that had gone through life at a similar or worse level of anguish than him. This woman happened to be another victim of a fate similar to his.

He gazed over at Desdemona gloomily. "Des-" Asher noticed her beginning to nod off. It was then that he felt captivated by her. Even more so than he had been in the few moments before. She truly was a beauty. For some reason, he caught himself stuck in time as he stared at her silently. Asher gulped and set his tea down at the foot of the couch. There was no way he was drinking it. He began to stand up. Making as little noise as possible, Asher decided that now was probably the only moment that he would get to break away from her and report to the DWMA what he'd learned. As he took one glimpse at her to make sure she hadn't awoken, he noticed her tea risking to spill over. Following his protective instinct, Asher swooped in quickly to prevent the disaster. But as he did, he tripped and landed on top of Desdemona. "Shit...." Asher cursed his sloppiness. There went his opportunity.
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2016, 7:22 pm

Desdemona flinched hard and her shattered glass eyes opened wide when Asher fell into her lap. "Clumsy clumsy clumsy.. Don't be stupid, Asher. I wasn't hurting anything, yet you were going to run and alert your friends to kill me." She sighed. "You know, that insults me. I actually like you. You're nice.. we share similar pasts.." Desdemona hummed and let her eyes close again.

The woman spread out like a star fish. "Well, go ahead. I don't know if you're autonomous or anything, but whatever. You want me dead so badly? Do it. I won't even try to resist. However, this is the one time I won't. If you even attempt to come back here with reinforcements, I will slaughter you all without a second thought." The kishin egg was being completely honest, one of the traits of Desdemona that was actually positive. She never lied, not ever.

"Unless.." She reopened her eyes yet again and grinned in a wicked fashion. "You're too chicken. bawk, bawk bawk bawk!~" she teased.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitimeJune 24th 2016, 12:18 am

Asher scrambled to his feet instantaneously, unsure of how to approach the situation. Things would get extremely awkward in a moment. Hopefully she wouldn't get too angry with him over his mistake. She already proved to be unstable, and Asher would have no way of anticipating what would come his way in the next moment. However, he most definitely wasn't prepared for what had happened.

"Alert my friends?" Asher repeated the words, dumbfounded. How in the world did she know that's what he was going to do? If she knew what his intentions were, he probably wouldn't get away with a half-assed lie. There was something flawed behind Desdemona's threatening and intimidating words. Asher didn't want her dead. In fact, that was far from the reality of things. More than anything, he hoped that the academy would take her in and give her help. "I, um...." Asher attempted to speak up to voice his true intentions, only to be cut short by her sudden mocking of him.

At this point, Asher was extremely bewildered. Logic and reasoning were far out of the window and those were his greatest weapons. He didn't know if he should speak upon his desires and feelings. Because even now, he still felt that strange feeling toward Desdemona that he couldn't quite put his finger on, even though it was so familiar.

"Uhh...." Asher found himself in an uncomfortable and unfamiliar position. "Is there a broom so I can clean up the mess I caused?" He asked, hoping to relieve the situation and focus Desdemona's attention on something else before she switched her mind on what she wanted to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)   Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Light in Darkness (Flair and I) (Request to join)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next