Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2018, 8:31 pm

Luna couldn't help but jump and squeal from the excitement. "You're the best Ana!" Luna said and hugged the weapon for a moment. Once she managed to calm down she looked over at the rest of the group. She couldn't stop grinning happily.

Aurora laughed. "Boys, it's official, Luna has the best weapon for a magic user! " The witch commented, clearly amused by the show. With a smirk, she looked at Glyndwr. "Do you still want to block her attacks?" Aurora asked, slightly teasingly.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2018, 8:47 pm

"I'm glad you're happy about it," Ana said, wishing that she could hug the girl back, though it was common knowledge that staves lacked arms.

Glyndwr laughed at Aurora's comment, "It's like they're made for each other," he said, then shooting her a grin, in response to her teasing. "Of course," he said.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2018, 5:33 am

"You don't even know how true that statement is..." I muttered quietly at Glyndwr's comment. Though, I did it so quietly that I doubt they could hear me.

"Oh really? Raccoon here barely survived getting hit by Luna's magic so, you know, don't come crying to me if you get an ouchie!" Aurora kept teasing, clearly amused by their little chitchat. "Luna, are you ready for a real training?" The fox witch asked as she focused her attention on the wolf witch.

Luna was afraid that one of them would ask that question. Even though Glyndwr seemed so sure that nothing bad would happen in a training spar with her, she was still afraid of losing control and using attacks too strong for the fire sorcerer to handle. Also, she noticed something that made her worry quite a bit. She had a feeling that her magic was once again slowly affecting her mind. Though in a different way than before. Her mind was getting calmer and more collected. She had a feeling that she could think more clearly. Also, she wasn't as scared of using her magic in a spar as she'd be normally. It was a really weird effect. Luna decided to inform everyone about it. Just in case. "Uhm... I feel a bit weird. It's like... Hm... For some reason, my magic started working like a tranquilizer. My negative thoughts are being silenced." Luna said, hoping it wasn't a bad sign.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2018, 5:48 am

"Fine, I'll go to my own Aurora. I bet her healing's more potent anyway," Glyndwr said, after laughing again at the exchange.

"Are you sure it's not just because you're giddy?" Ana asked, though more as a hope than anything else. She was certainly very worried that the mean Luna would come out again, and a mind affecting effect could certainly lead to that which Ana definitely didn't want.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2018, 5:58 am

"Oi, you! I bet they're on the same level!" Aurora replied with a pout, after placing her hand on her hips.

"I don't think so... I'm becoming the opposite of giddy. But... hm... Ana, don't worry, for now, I'm in full control of myself. We will stop immediately once I notice that my mind is going blank again. Though it doesn't seem like it's gonna..." Luna informed her partner. Though she sounded rather calm, a sign of worry could be heard in her voice. "Well... I guess a calm mind during combat can be useful." Luna added before she looked at Glyndwr and took two steps forward, towards him.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2018, 6:22 am

"Okay... Just, as long as you don't lose yourself again, it's fine," Ana said, also clearly worried, although after they moved towards Glyndwr her attention turned from magical effects to fighting; or whatever it was that Glyn planned to have them do.

Glyndwr laughed at Aurora's response, though his focus went from the back and forth banter to the weapon and meister pair that he was supposed to be training. "In a fight you'd keep your distance and let the enemy approach so you can pelt them from afar," he said as he pulled the greatsword from where the point sunk into the dirt. He held it by the blunt section between the guard and the blade itself, or rather the blunt portion designed to be held; the whole sword was blunt after all. "But for the sake of training, approach me while you use your magic. You might have to do this if the opponent is able to shrug off your ranged attacks, or block them like I'll be doing, so it's not outside the realms. Force me to block so that I wouldn't be able to attack until you're within range to hit me the old fashioned way."
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2018, 6:31 am

Luna nodded and without saying anything started planning their attack. Clear mind was very helpful in thinking about strategies. "Hm... " Luna muttered calmly. With her powers approaching an enemy who could block their ranged attacks would probably be rather easy. But, if their opponent can block ranged attacks, then what were their chances of winning in close quarters combat? For the sake of their training, Luna was just going to try her best. Luna calmly pointed Ana at Glyndwr, aiming for his sword. "Weak elemental beam." She chanted, waiting for Ana to amplify and recast the spell.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2018, 7:25 am

As with an amp of the musical kind, the only delay was really that of Luna chanting for the magic, and that was all in all unavoidable. Glyndwr barely moved the sword to intercept the attack, bracing with his other arm. The point which the beam hit seemed to burn, as if the flame was being knocked loose from it's solid form, but it certainly reformed fast enough to keep up as Glyndwr was calmly standing behind it. "In a fight, you've got to aim for somewhere where you're likely to make the hit. Make it awkward for your enemy to block. When their stance is low, aim high. Change things up, move the beam about. You have a wonderfully difficult attack to block, there, so make use of it."
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2018, 8:14 am

"You're right. In a fight, I'd do everything to make it difficult for my opponent to block my attack. Pardon my thinking about your safety!" Luna told calmly. It seemed like the tranquilizing effect became strong enough to stop Luna's usual stuttering. A smirk appeared on the witch's face as she quickly aimed the beam at Glyndwr's legs. Then she started walking towards him while still keeping the beam active. After a few steps, she directed the beam at Glyndwr's head.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2018, 10:57 am

Glyndwr's blade moved so that the beam went down it's length, as if twisting around an axle where the point of contact was. "You've got it now, good. I'd have ran at my opponent rather that walking, but this is fine, too. Approaching slowly can help you see any tricks that an opponent might pull," he spoke while blocking the beam in the same way that he did the first time. "Wonderful, you've even gotten me to block up in the way of my vision. Keep it up!"
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2018, 11:55 am

Luna didn't really expect Glyndwr to try pulling out any tricks. Her pace was caused by her attempt to aim precisely at her opponent. Now that she made it difficult for her opponent to at least some of her movements she started getting close faster than before, still keeping the beam aimed at Glyndwr's face. Soon, she managed to get in the range that would allow her to switch to melee combat. When that happened, she quickly aimed the beam low at Glyndwr's legs, expecting him to block. Right after the beam would reach that level, she stopped keeping the spell, stepped deep forwards and thrust the blunt side of her weapon towards Glyndwr's collarbone.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2018, 5:34 pm

Once more, the beam slid down the length of the blade as Glyndwr moved his sword to keep it from hitting him. Since the sword he was using about as tall as him and since he was holding it upside down, he had no problem in them swatting the attack away and over his shoulder with the intended underside of the larger guard and the side of the hilt. He hopped away and backwards before Luna could draw the blades of the staff across his shoulder or head or attack again. "Wonderful! I can't fault the attack, besides perhaps being aimed into a space that made it fairly easy for me to parry. I'd say if I wasn't holding the sword like I am, I might not have been able to parry it upwards, but only to one side. If i was holding it right, I'd have had my arms in an awkward position. Attacking the side which wasn't protected as well might have allowed you to skewer me if that were the case."
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2018, 6:04 pm

"I must admit that if this was a real fight, I'd aim for the head. Again, I didn't want to accidentally hurt you. But thank you!" Luna said and nodded. It seemed like they were already forming some solid ideas for strategies that they could use in future fights. Though it was clear that there was a long way ahead of them. For now, the little game of trying to break Glyndwr's defenses would probably last for very long and Luna didn't really want to waste everyone's time. "Hey, Ana, do you want to continue?" The witch asked her partner with a slight, but warm smile. It seemed like, her feelings for Ana couldn't be tranquilized so easily. Which was probably a good sign for the weapon.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2018, 6:14 pm

"Ah, but the head is quite often where a person's defences are strongest," Glyndwr said, setting the point of his weapon back on the ground, to stand like he was before they started their session. "You have to weigh your options. Even if you don't hurt your enemy much, it's still often good to hit them wherever their defences aren't as strong. It does depend on the situation, of course, as does most of fighting."

Ana transformed back into her human form when asked if she wanted to continue, though only really so she could properly address everyone around. "I don't mind, but if there are other things that we should train, then it would be a good idea to do that too," she said, looking around to Aurora and Raccoon, as well as Glyn.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2018, 6:35 pm

"Well, you're right, of course. It makes perfect sense." Luna said and nodded. It seemed like most if not all of Glyndwr's advice she would remember well and use them in the future. "Me and Ana are quite lucky I must say. We can adjust to many situations because we can fight on long and short distances thanks to her weapon form and my new powers."

I crossed my arms on my chest and closed my eyes for a second to think. I don't have too much combat experience since I'd rather avoid fighting with other creations. So, I guess I don't have anything to suggest. In my opinion, they just need more actual experience to polish their skills.

Aurora scratched the back of her head. She used to have a mixed combat style as well. After all her, she used to wield a sword and a pistol at the same time and on top of that, she had her defensive magic. "You've already practiced using magic and breaking through defenses of an armed opponent... That's a lot for one day. Luna could learn to create her own covers or shields using her energy manipulation... which would make practicing blocking a smaller priority. Also, you should not forget that one day you might encounter someone who can also use ranged attacks." Aurora said before she put her hands on her hips and kicked a small stone that was under her feet. The main reason she asked Glyndwr for help was that she herself was sure that she wouldn't be a good teacher. She lacked an ability to explain things properly and her patience wasn't the greatest.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2018, 9:03 pm

"All that falls outside of my area of expertise," Glyndwr said, after listening to Aurora's thoughts on the matter. "For beginners, I think you're alright. You'd be just fine fighting your run of the mill Kishin Egg, though you proved that yourself way before, since you already have a soul." 

Ana stood by and listened to Aurora as well as Glyn speak, though she didn't say much as the training that they were doing was mostly helping Luna; she didn't mind what they did as long as it helped. She figured it was really up to Luna as to whether or not they should continue and what to do next.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2018, 4:35 am

After hearing what everyone had to say Luna shrugged and put her hand oh her hips. "Well... It seems like we've got the basics then." The girl said with a slight smirk on her face. She was glad to know that they were on a good path to becoming a strong pair. Since the training was coming to an end, Luna was about to put her Soul Protect back on. However, she suddenly realized they could try one more thing. "Hey Ana! What about the resonance?" Luna asked.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2018, 9:31 am

"Do you think we can pull that off?" Ana asked mostly Luna, but the question still stood for their teachers. "I'm not even sure how..." she said a moment later. Even if the classes she had been to so far talked about it, she was probably too tired to remember or just straight up asleep.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2018, 11:22 am

"Well... the easiest to explain how the resonance works is... hm... Gimme a sec." Aurora said as she scratched the back of her head. She knew how to perform the resonance, obviously. However, she wasn't sure how to explain it properly. To her, it was something that she just... experiences, feels and understands. "Alright. So, I remember someone comparing the resonance to how an electric guitar needs an amp to make the sound powerful... or something. Alright, the thing is, meisters are like guitars while weapons are like amps. In short, the meister sends their wavelength to the weapon, the weapon amplifies it. The wavelength energy goes back and forth, gaining power. When it gains enough power, it allows the pair to perform powerful techniques." Aurora explained, trying to make her explanation as simple as it was possible.

Luna only nodded to show that she understood the explanation. That didn't seem too difficult. Well, but it was just a theoretical explanation. In reality, the resonance was probably something very difficult to properly perform.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2018, 1:31 pm

Ana thought about the explanation and how simple it really seemed. Although it was probably a case of 'easier said than done, Ana still shrugged and looked at Luna. "It can't hurt to try."
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2018, 2:27 pm

"Alright... let's try..." Luna said before she closed her eyes. "Let's start preparing for the resonance... Please transform for me."
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2018, 3:31 pm

"Right," Ana said as she did so, once more appearing in her weapon form in front of Luna.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2018, 3:33 pm

Luna quickly grabbed her partner and closed her eyes. She focused on the flow of her wavelength. Once she managed to feel it well, she attempted to send it from her soul. "Okay... prepare..." The witch warned her partner quietly.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2018, 6:00 pm

Likewise, Ana started to try and prepare to do the whole amplification thing. It was difficult to think of what that might feel like if she hadn't really done it before...

Glyndwr picked up his sword and slung it over his shoulder, then walked away to put himself away and off to the side of the pair. It was dangerous to be up front.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2018, 8:00 pm

Luna had troubles as well. Since it was their first time trying it and they didn't really have any idea what to do. Well, Luna tried to use her experience with magic to help herself a bit. It was all help they could receive really. She focused again, clearing her thoughts. Definitely, it was one of the big pros of having that tranquilizing effect- being able to focus better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)   I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I guess if we've gotta... (Arc and Rackie) (T)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next