Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2014, 3:32 pm

The boy hesitated to speak his name once more, but this time, Stephen trusted him. After all, he had no reason to be worried around him anymore, right? "So, I've never fished before, so would you mind showing me the ropes?" Stephen was rather comfortable in his seat, so he was rather reluctant to move, but he did so anyway. He took a few steps and plopped down on his bum directly next to the fisher-boy.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2014, 6:50 pm

Sho nodded and smiled. He put one finger to his lips and said, "First, you gotta be quiet." The weapon stood up and grabbed two fishing poles, he would use one in order to show Stephen a bit better. Without warning, Sho tossed the fishing pole at him and sat with his.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2014, 9:29 pm

Of course, Stephen wasn't lying about never having fished before. Growing up in the big city sets you away from the wonders of nature out in the boonies. "So... like this then?" Immediately after Sho placed the pole in Stephen's hands, he gave it a flick without pressing the casting button and he hooked his own tricep. "Yeowch! Who knew this thing could hurt this badly?" It didn't really hurt all that much, but he wanted to continue the conversation with laughter. He had been hit in the manhood with a baseball bat before, and not much can compare to that pain, not even childbirth.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2014, 10:01 pm

"That's nothin, an old man in my hometown got a hook stuck on his finger, cast, and ripped it clean off." Sho mentioned and chuckled, suddenly feeling a tad bit home-sick. "And yes, a hook can hurt like a mother." he unhooked the boy's tricep without another word and sighed. "Frankly, I'm worried if I even partner withsomeone and they get impaled with a three-foot hook..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2014, 10:45 pm

Stephen laughed. This redneck even had a common sense of humor, eh? Stephen drew back his rod and remembered to press the cast button this time, but he pressed to early. The line dropped before he slung the rod and got hooked in his shirt this time. "Wow, this is much harder than it looks on TV... Stephen remembered back to how Sho cast his line so easily. It was rather well practiced and dexterous.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2014, 3:31 pm

Sho had yet another puzzled look on his face. TV? He'd heard of it, but he didn't know that they broadcasted people fishing of all things. "Don't worry, you'll get it in no time at all!" the weapon encouraged and tried not to laugh at Stephen's failed attempt at casting the line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2014, 5:41 pm

Stephen tried to swing the rod again and succeeded this time in launching it about two meters. Pathetic in relativity to the size of the artificial lake and Sho's swings, but it was a basis for much greater accomplishments. "So, Sho... Where exactly did you come from? I mean, I get that you came from somewhere in the boonies, but where would that be exactly?" Stephen asked a serious question, hoping to get a grasp on his previous lifestyle in order to gain leverage on the boy in future situations.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2014, 10:27 pm

Sho kept his eyes on the water and answered the boys question with a lot less hesitation than he had earlier. "Ah, it's just a small village. It's in Asia, if that's what your wondering." he was aboutto say the village's name when a tug on the pole was felt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2014, 10:48 pm

"GWAAAAH?! I just launched it and I already got a bite? The fish don't play here, do they?" Stephen yanked back hard on the rod, successfully hooking the fish. He had seen people do this on TV programs, but hadn't actually done this, so he figured things out just from his limited knowledge. After a battle lasting three seconds, Stephen overpowered the three foot bass on the line and lugged it to the shore. "How does a bass hot pot sound? My treat."
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2014, 11:05 pm

Sho was practically drooling over the sight of sucha creature. This would feed his family for a solid two weeks! Well... would've. "Here, I'll unhook it for you."the boy saw that Stephen had successfully yanked hard enough for the hook to get lodged between the fish's eye and eyesocket. It took some serious man handling to get that hook out of the beautiful fish. "Man... what a great catch!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2014, 11:51 am

Stephen gratefully handed over the maimed fish to the expert. It almost looked like he had torn off half of the fish's face, poor creature, at least he died a quick and painless death. No wonder it was so easy for him to reel in. "Mmmm. Maybe I can add in some vanilla extract with a pinch of parsley... Or maybe a bit of concentrated coconut milk will bring out the flavor better? Say, what do you think Sho?" Stephen, who was just mumbling recipes, suddenly turned back to face the fisherman and slung a question at him.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2014, 12:55 am

Sho was entirely zoned out due to the sound of all the foods amd spices he never had the opportunity to try. "Are you some sort of angel?" he muttered to himself and inspected the fish with great pleasure. "Though we'll have to be quick about it." he reached for his back pocket and pulled out a filet knife.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2014, 9:27 pm

Him? An angel? This is, of course, coming from the guy who carries a filleting knife in his pocket. "I wouldn't call me an angel, perhaps 'really cool guy' would be a proper replacement." This kid was pretty funny, even though Stephen knew Sho was being dead serious, he couldn't help but laugh.

I guess the aquarium really respected the DWMA, because, in light of this exotic fishing pond, they also prepared numerous electric grills in one corner of the vast room, accompanying assorted cooking utensils. While Sho gutted the fish, Stephen went to the store to buy ingredients, completely trusting that the boy would be there when he returned. Stephen planned to fry the fish in a skillet in lemon juice and butter, later adding in onion to add another strong, complementary flavor that just made one's mouth water. "You almost done there, Hotshot?" Stephen couldn't see what Sho was doing from his angle, so he just assumed that he was still gutting fish.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2014, 11:01 pm

Sho had finished gutting and cleaning the fish quite awhile ago, but tried to make it look like he was used to others cooking for him. He sat with his pant legs rolled up past his knees, feet dipped in the moderately temperatured pool of farmed fish. Trying to be discreet, the weapon occasionally peeked at Stephen, curious to see what he was doing. The fisherman held the fish up by the gills and jogged over to the cook. "Oh, heh, yeah I'm done!" Sho replied, trying not to drool over the scent of such amazing spices. It took a second for his mind to process, but the boy after a moment, handed the fish over. "Wow, you really know your cooking..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2014, 12:34 pm

Stephen took a few of Sho's fish, fired up the electric grill (it would have to do since there was no stove), and began frying the fish in a cast-iron pan. He then mixed together a few dashes of basil, rosemary, parsley, sea salt, black pepper, sage, thyme, marjoram, oregano, celery salt, and garlic powder into a mixing bowl, and mixed it with water until he created a thin, sticky paste which he spread on each side of the fish to simmer. "I know my way around the kitchen... I had to cook for my family since all my parents knew how to make were sweets." Knowing that not everyone shared his deep passions for sweet foods, Stephen reluctantly refrained from adding in any sugar to the mix, which wouldn't have tasted good anyway.

After twenty minutes of idle chatter and making minor adjustments to the fish, their meal was prepared. There weren't any tables around, but Stephen bought cokes, paper plates, napkins, and assorted plastic dining ware. He had also bought tartar sauce, which he didn't like, but you never know about these people, and whipped up a few sides of buttered honey rolls and potato salad, which went surprisingly well with a seafood palate. There weren't any hush-puppies or shrimp for him to prepare, but he did fine without them. "Bon appetit!"

OOC: This is probably the 4th weirdest thread I have ever participated in... Aquariums don't have fishing ponds in them with grills and cooking utensils after all...
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2014, 7:24 pm

The smell of the aquatic cuisine brought both pleasant and unpleasant memories back to the fisher boy. The food had a rich aroma and was very aesthetically pleasing. Sho couldn't wait for his first mouthful. Actually, he didn't wait. It was almost instinct. Living with so many siblings often left the weapon with no dinner, so always ate as soon as food was in sight.

"You are extremely gifted!" the weapon enthused and smiled ear to ear, eyes gleaming. Within a few seconds he had downed his first fish and two rolls, showing that he hadn't eaten for awhile... or at least hasn't eaten 'well' in awhile. "Were you some world famous chef at one point? 'Cause this is some high quality food considering that it was a pond fish." Sho pointed to the plate of fish and sat back in his chair, nearly tipping it over.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)   Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death City Aquarium. A New Face in Death City? (Open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2