Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! Empty
PostSubject: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2018, 1:52 pm

Merran was walking out of Death City for awhile, he wasn’t accepted in any of the jobs besides the DWMA in Death City. However he didn’t want to be a teacher, it was a lot of work for not much of a reward to him. He wanted a job where he could train in smaller portions as well as
keep his job in the terms. However being a teacher would limit that… or how he thought it was. Either way, he was desperate for money at this point, he had to go out of town in order to find a job so he could earn some money so his parents wouldn’t have to send him money constantly. He gave out a sigh as the air curled into the cold outline of his breath. His steps became shallow as he started to think about what would happen if he got a job. Sure his parents would stop sending him money and such, but what would he do for them. His mind started to twist and turn about the events could occur, soon he snapped back looking around, realizing he spent an hour walking without really thinking.

Merran gave another sigh as he sneezed, he was at least at another city, this time he could probably find a job here. With this new hope in mind, he started to look around for possible places that were hiring. He didn’t have anything to make him look presentable nor did he have any appointments. He realized all he could really do was just grab some papers and fill them out at home. Regardless he continued the hunt for a new job, this time a fire of hope flared inside his body.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2018, 3:04 pm

The Rose Garden, as it had been dubbed with some pretty hefty measure of amusement, was a well-off establishment in the city in question. It's founders, the Varley twins, Rosaline and Crystalline, were present at the establishment whenever they were not home or teaching their own classes. In short, that meant basically every evening and nearly the entire weekend. How either of them managed sleep was anyone's best guess, but the location was Rose's passion, and it was a spectacular creative outlet for her more anxious sibling. The two had started up the business themselves, and it accounted for the majority of their income.

The outside of the building looked like just about any other bar, though the windows appeared tinted in such a way as to prevent anyone from really seeing what was going on, inside. A man stood by the doorway, checking ID's no matter what time of day it was. When people checked out, he led them straight in. When they didn't, he stamped their hand and gestured for them to sit at one of the patio tables. Shortly after, someone dressed in a polo and pretty much any variety of full-length pants would come outside to greet them, holding menus. It would seem that there was a restaurant portion to the bar and club, as well. Perhaps it was simply Crystal's attempts at widening the customer base. At any rate, it seemed to work well, as the tables outside seemed to keep company well. This was the sort of sight that Merran would find when he arrived, along with a "Now Hiring!" sign in the window to the right of the doorway. The doorman seemed keen on leaving the sign as visible as possible, several times double-checking his position and moving to make sure that it was within view of any passers-by.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2018, 1:04 pm

Merran wandered the streets, he saw a few places with a NOW HIRING sign, but they were usually jobs he didn’t do, or like. He gave a sigh as he felt his luck was going through him, however he shouldn’t lose hope just because there were some jobs he didn’t do. At this point he would have gone back to either of the jobs just to get some money, or at least have a hope to be hired. Going through the town some more he came across the Rose Garden. He noticed the NOW HIRING sign and nodded to himself. He didn’t care what the job was at this point, he needed the money and the job. He went up to the bodyguard looking at him and pointed at the
sign, “Sir, is this place stilhiring? If so… where caI gethe papers foit?
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2018, 3:05 pm

The man looked at him in silence for a moment, summing him up and trying to judge his age. He looked young, but not so young that he wasn't legally able to drink; the potential hire certainly seemed old enough to serve alcohol. That was one of the few stipulations Rose had given him.

"ID," he said, his voice gruff, though not rude. If anything, he simply seemed like he was subtly intimidating anyone that shouldn't be there. This man seemed like he'd be good to go, so the bouncer didn't make himself particularly threatening.

Behind the counter, a red-headed beauty leaned over to look at the newcomer, seeming to have picked up on the fact that the man had, if nothing else, never been to the establishment before. It was doubtable that she had heard his inquiry. The woman in question was clad in much the same uniform as the rest of staff, with a black polo shirt and black pants. Her top, however, had a rose vine design going up the left side, stretching halfway up the shirt. Anyone close enough would be able to see the tag at her left breast, by the shirt's logo, that read, Rosaline Varley, Owner. Her hair was wild and curly, pinned up with extreme care to keep it up and off her neck, though she seemed only to be tending the bar, rather than dealing with food directly.

Besides this, if Merran were to look inside, he'd notice a pretty decently sized stage off to the left, the currents drawn up around it. The main floor had a variety of seating areas, some with side tables, some for full dining. Off to the right was a dance floor, an old, well-kept jukebox in the corner, and booths lining the walls otherwise. Somewhere between the end of the bar and the jukebox was a hallway, down which little to nothing could be seen, intentionally.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2018, 6:07 pm

Merran nodded as he dug through his back pocket to pull out a wallet. He opened the zipper on the left side of the black wallet and pulled out an ID card of himself. He handed it to the Bouncer and nodded, "Here... this is what you mean correct?" he looked at the bouncer as he smiled. Merran was desperate for a job, he wasn't going to let this one pass up. With that he glanced inside and gave it a silent approval as he seemed to like this one rather than the other places he went. He personally liked jukeboxes and such, and being a bartender or something was something he liked. It would provide him skills in the art of mixture and such which he wanted to improve in, and just tasting the drinks himself wasn't the best way to test out different types of mixtures. Realizing it wasn't okay to test mixtures on the customers, he scratched that option out of his head and decided to practice at home.

His eyes cut back to the Bouncer as he looked at him, just in case. As he watched the Bouncer, his mind started to go through things that made him second guess that this may have not been a good idea. A picture of his family rolled through his head and he scratched the doubt away and made his decisions on at least trying to get to employment before considering backing out.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2018, 6:24 pm

ooc: In case I forget to mention it IC, Rose allows experimental cocktails to be given out, on the house, as long as she is present and approves.

ic:

The man seemed satisfied with the validity of the identification, nodding and handing it back to the man. "The boss is behind the bar. Ms. Rose will take care of everything for you." In a heavy gesture, he placed a hand on Merran's shoulder, giving him a firm nod, his face unreadable. "Good luck." With that, he pushed the man, though not forcefully, inside, seeming to forget about the scenario in the next instant as his attention returned to the world outside of the establishment.

Rose, the woman in question, was still behind the bar, though she straightened from cleaning the bartop, her arms folded across her chest. She waited for him to approach, but seemed to be sizing him up, her piercing gold eyes almost capable of both seeing straight through him and sucking him in, simultaneously. Regardless, she didn't seem opposed to his presence, though her expression was overall neutral, if amused.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2018, 7:02 pm

Merran looked around at this, he wasn't very much used to the pushing but he went along with it. At least it showed something he guessed. As he looked at the counter at Ms. Rose, he had a slight blush before heading to the counter. "Hello, I... uh... saw that you were hiring... I wanted to see that I can grab any of the paperwork and such so I can see if I can be accepted..." He sounded a bit shy and nervous, even though his body seemed relaxed. His whole mood was swung out of loop at the sudden turn of events. He needed the job so he stuck with it. He looked onto it with a more confident look, "I will turn in the papers at any given appointment." This time he was more relaxed, his mind was more clear, and he felt a bit more brave. He clung at the picture of his mom and dad sending him money. He was going to repay them back.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2018, 7:09 pm

She watched him with a steady expression, the amusement turning into a slight, crooked smirk. With a nod, she unfolded her arms, walking towards the end of the bar. As she walked, she made a gesture with a single finger for him to follow her, stopping the motion only to move the partial door out of her way. "If you're serious about a job then follow me this way." Without looking back to see whether or not he was, in fact, following, she made her way down the hallway between the bar and the wall that held the jukebox. Lights turned on automatically at the movement, and she made her way towards one of the rooms on the right. If he caught the name plaque on the door, he'd notice that it was her own, appearing to be her office.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2018, 8:18 pm

Merran nodded as he followed her, "I am serious about this..." as he made their way down the hall. He looked around at the hallway giving a few thoughts of the place, so far it didn't seem so bad on the job list. There was at least some places where he could imagine himself in different aspects of training as he did his job... whatever it may be. As they passed to the plaque he nodded to himself as he wasn't at the wrong person. He started to think up some questions and answering them in his head. This way he wouldn't be too surprised if she asked him any questions before handing him the papers. Or at least this is how he is assuming how it would go.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2018, 8:56 pm

As they walked, he would have noticed that the hallway walls were painted in freeflowing murals, themed by color to match the entire of the rest of the building. He wouldn't know this simply by having seen the pieces, currently more abstract in nature, but the overall design of the establishment changed frequently. With each new theme of the interior design, so, too, would things such as the acts performed and the specialty drinks, even some meals, change. It was part of the pride of the twins', though he would not be meeting Crystal until later.

Rose led him into the office space without a word, taking her place behind a large, though not exactly extravagant, desk. To the right was a door that simply read Keep Out, of which she ignored, instead taking her seat behind the desk, gesturing for him to take the one on the opposite side. As she began sifting through one of the desk's side drawers, she finally spoke up once more, "I assume that you're at least twenty one years of age..." The woman spoke, her voice like a melody, a taunting, teasing coyness to it that seemed far beyond her control. Still, despite the seeming flirt of her natural voice, her expression was purely professional, lending further evidence to the fact that the unbecoming tone was unintentional. "Is there any specific line of work that you're looking for?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2018, 9:39 pm

Merran followed her without a word keeping the silence. He didn't read into anything much except of his focus of the potential work in front of him. Stepping into the office he looked at it, at least it was professional. He had to keep it professional. This wasn't just for him but for his family. "I am at the age of twenty-two." He nodded his head trying to remain unaffected from the flirty voice, when she asked the next question he shivered a bit but he started to think. "I am interested in the line of tending different drinks and such. But as of now, I do not mind my line of work as long as I can get paid." He bowed his head as he spoke clearly without a fault, "I can work as a Bodyguard, a Bar Tender, Waiter, or Cook. I cannot say that I will provide excellent service off the hook, but I can at least provide applicable work." he tilted his head up to look at her with direct eye-contact. "I can answer any question you may have."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2018, 9:48 pm

She nodded, seeming satisfied even as her eyes were back on the files in her drawer. In silence, she pulled out a stack of about three pages of paper, stapled together. Handing it over, she smiled warmly at him, golden eyes dancing but still somehow restrained. "We have positions available in nearly all areas; fill this out and bring it back at the earliest convenience." A grin suddenly appeared and after a moment, she spoke once more. "If you'd rather, you can fill it out to the best of your ability, now, and then we can proceed with an interview when you're done. It's not late enough for karaoke to start, so there is no immediate need for me to be on the floor."
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2018, 10:15 pm

Merran nodded as he looked at the papers, "I can fill them out now, if you have a pen I can do it." He nodded to himself as he read the papers over. Reading each question answering them in his head. Finally a potential job, he never got this far, but the school taught him the basics of what it was to make a good resume and such. His eyes were darting on the papers as he turned the pages, his heart was pounding quickly. He needed to calm down. With a deep inhale he exhaled quietly as his mind started to clear.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2018, 7:27 am

The woman gestured towards the holder full of various writing utensils, "You're welcome to use any of them that you'd like." She explained, seeming more amused, now, at his eagerness. They hadn't had many takers for the opening positions since one of the stipulations was that potential employees had to be at least twenty-one years of age. No one even inquired about the pay rate. At first, Rosaline had found that amusing, but now it was beginning to get worrisome. At least this man seemed eager and willing to work. There would be a bit of a process for him to go through, including the interview with herself, a potential follow-up with Crystal, a background check... He wouldn't necessarily be hired immediately, but if he was good enough, she could at least set him up for training. Leaving him enough space on her desk for him to use, she brought up her email in the computer at the end of the desk, sending a message to her sister a few rooms over.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2018, 9:15 pm

Merran takes a pen and quickly starts to jot down, answering everything that was needed. He took his time with certain places as he had to answer them carefully. He jotted down his references for his teachers. The pen was going a bit quicker as he seemed a bit desperate to get in, but all in the while very happy. He filled out 90% of the sheets as he took a break giving out a sigh, "Almost done..." with this, he started to work again at a more moderate pace.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2018, 9:27 pm

Roseline occasionally glanced towards him, an amused smile ever present on her face whenever she did so. Overall, she appeared to be rather impressed with his dedication, though that was only one trait that she had to consider when it came to his employment. Sometime between his quick reprieve and the completion of his work, a quiet, double knock on the door sounded before it cracked open. A single, pale purple eye revealed itself before the door was opened fully, and a woman about the same height as the redhead before him appeared, hands in front of her, holding a clipboard. Her hair was a pale, pale blonde that was basically white stood there, a soft, slight smile on her face, though her eyes were mostly angled towards the floor.

"Hello." She murmured, nearly silent before walking over behind her sister's desk, taking a seat in the corner of the room and crossing her legs. Crystal held the clipboard over her knee, glancing up briefly before bowing her head once more, her face blushing an almost purplish, rather than pink, color.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2018, 9:52 pm

Merran watched the woman walk to the desk as he gave a dark-red blush. She's... cute... Shaking his head he nodded his head as he bowed, "H-hello..." he gave another nod after staring awhile before continuing his resume. He eventually finished as he looked at the two. "I... am finished with the papers..." he held them out as he looked at Rose, keeping his eyes on her, trying to not look at Roseline so that he wouldn't end up blushing again. Although he ended up giving an awkward smile at her in the end.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2018, 10:40 pm

Rose smiled warmly, a gesture that, though still retaining some of her habitual flirting despite it all. Reaching a hand out, she took the papers from him, filling out some of the data into an online form before holding her hand out again, "ID, please?" The meister asked the question so that she could scan the identification for application and employment records, as well as to help her file for the background check.

Behind her, Crystal scooted her chair closer until she was right next to her twin, holding the clipboard and taking one of the pens from the desk. It seemed that, if nothing else, she was going to be the one recording answers, or at least some kind of information, for the interview. She didn't say anything, however.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2018, 3:59 pm

Merran nods as he opens his wallet, taking out his ID. He hands it off to Rose as he gave a nod, however, he kept on looking to Crystal where he blushed. "H-here..." When handing off his ID, he sat up straight looking at them both with a fire in his heart as well as some uneasy feelings about Crystal, but he shook his head concentrating on the actual prize. The job that was riding onto his next few years of his life. His heart was back on track as well as his emotions, but this still didn't help him envisioning what might happen if he doesn't get the job... in short terms, he really didn't like the thought.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2018, 7:21 am

Rosaline input what data she needed to from the identification itself before spinning around to scan a copy of it. The paper spat out of the machine shortly after and he gave the card back to Merran before smiling pleasantly. One could, if they were nervous enough, equate something in her eyes, now, as predatory, but it was unintentional and unnoticed by the woman herself. "Shall we begin...?" She inquired, though Crystal, who had been overall avoiding eye contact up to this point, seemed ready to write, and Rose began launching into questions almost immediately.

Overall, the interview lasted a little over half an hour...

By the end of it, both siblings were standing, Crystal holding onto her clipboard like a lifeline while Rose held her hand out to Merran, all smiles and shimmering, golden eyes. "Keep your phone on," she instructed him. "You should be receiving a call within the next few days."
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2018, 3:05 pm

Merran felt nervous with the stare in Rose's eyes, he felt like a sheep to a wolf in that moment. He grabbed his card cautiously as he nods as he answered the questions with a calm and composed face. His answers were sharp and quick as well as straight-forward. He didn't lose sight of Rose as everything around him seemed to be calm and collected.

At the end of the interview, Merran gives out a breath of relief from the seemingly endless amount of questions. However, he did have one question after nodding to the two instructions given to him. "I have one question however... what IS this place exactly? It doesn't really matter what it is to me, as long as I can receive payment though..."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2018, 7:11 pm

"That depends on who you ask," Rosaline said, smoothing out her clothing before continuing, "As well as what time it is. Officially, the location would be likely classified as a club, by various names. We do karaoke during the earlier evening, the bar opens around, if not before, noon, there's strip shows later in the night, and otherwise, there's dancing and food for whoever wants it, almost whenever anyone wants it. The kitchen does close before the shows start, however." As she spoke, her sister grew more sheepish, shifting on her feet and positioning herself more directly behind the elder twin.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2018, 12:31 am

Merran seemed to be confused at first as he slowly graduated to a little more of a worried thought. "So... this place is more than just an average club..." He blushed a little as he looked down, "I-I see... Well... This is perfectly fine with me!" he nodded to himself. "I can fill any job that is needed. I'm used to working long hours and such!" Merran points to himself as he smiled with a small hint of a blush as he gave a quick look at Crystal.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2018, 11:21 am

There was a pause at the redhead studied him, seeming to size up his reactions to her words.
The place was rather complicated and had a lot to worry about as far as sanitation and the health department were concerned. It often stressed people out and was part of why they were having trouble getting applicants. Still, space was set-up to accommodate everything, though janitorial duties were in high demand at all hours. At present, it was mostly part of other employees' side work."It will partially depend on your existing training," Rose said finally. Her tone was calmer, now, less harsh and predatorial.

Crystal shifted, looking down at the clipboard and flipping a few pages before nodding. Finally, she spoke up again, her voice comparatively meek but just as melodic. Hers was almost ethereal. "You should receive a call shortly."

ooc:

After/during your next post, we can do a timeskip for his training and whatnot?
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2018, 7:22 pm

OOC: I'll change Merran's colors from what they were previously to the first half being #FF0000 and second half is #0000FF.

A silence became of Merran as he looked at himself. He gave a silent nod, "Alright then. I will wait for the call then." he stared at Crystal before bowing to her and Rose both. "Thank you, both for taking your time with me, I appreciate it dearly." He bows again as his Soul gave something like a beat as he smiled. He was genuinely happy at this, this was the next step in the world. Another step to living a stable life.

OOC: I don't mind at all. Also please excuse the short post and long wait time, I'm taking care of some things as of late.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next